• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Has Pokemon Lost its Touch?

Has the anime lost its touch?

• Yes, I can't bear to watch the newer episodes, but love the original episodes

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • The newer stuff has its moments

Votes: 64 35.2%
  • It's just as good as before!

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • It's just as bad as before!

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • I don't watch the anime

Votes: 28 15.4%

• Total voters
I used to have the anime taped before PUSA took over. i think the following:

Veronica Taylor is WAY BETTER THAN Sarah Natochenny. Taylor gave the detemination and Ash's voice, and the "touchy" episodes really moved me to tears because of the 4Kids cast.

Eric Stuart is MUCH BETTER than whoever does Brock/JAmes now. Brock now sounds about 50. James used to be the "tag along with the crowd" guy, and now much more.. so not that. It ticks me off so darn bad.

I think I'm gonna start a SOVA/Save Ash Ketchum thread/group.. Make that group.

ok after seeing DP107 dubbed the other day I can now say that the dub is BETTER THAN EVER because srsly I never lol'd so hard

I question if it ever had it to begin with. X3
However, it started out much better than now. Ash's new voice bugs me the most, he just can't brag like he used to. Ash is now a pathetic wimp that lost to Sinnoh's FIRST gym leader.

I question if it ever had it to begin with. X3
However, it started out much better than now. Ash's new voice bugs me the most, he just can't brag like he used to. Ash is now a pathetic wimp that lost to Sinnoh's FIRST gym leader.

have you not seen him sweep through the rest of sinnoh's gyms then? stop making assumptions because of one gym. it's not like he lost in any other gyms in kanto/johto/hoenn or anything! :BBB

Kanto, good old Kanto where he hardly had to put out a fight, even Misty said it, he was just handed most of his badges anyways. This is with the exception of Blaine, Lt. Surge, and Brock. I don't count the 8th gym cause this is Jessie and James we're talking about.
While ash has been sweeping the other gyms, he still apparently never lost a battle before except for the episode involving a Sandshrew. Then he got to Hoenn and it went downhill for him from there.

yeah um. kanto was really hardcore, wasn't it? i mean he was so crap at battling he didn't even have to win to get his badges! what a load of rubbish... not to mention he released way too many pokemon in the first few seasons.
i'm guessing you've barely watched any of the dp series to make a decent comparison.

I used to watch the series constantly, and it was around the Hoenn Saga that I got absolutely sick of seeing the same stuff over and over again. Ash's new voice ruined the show too, he does sound like somewhat of a girl in my opinion.

i wish ash would get better pokemon,i mean "how many times he has met legendary pokemon?"and he never has the motivation to get one...at least make him catch cooler pokemon...

Last edited:
I liked misty but knowing TV the relationship would have turned stupid. Presonally I don't like croagunk the ear pulling is funny!
My other unlisted complaint is meowth's fantasies.

I think it's starting to lose it's touch, the old episodes were really good, but its just getting more and more ridiculous.

The Pokemon Anime was amazing for Kanto and Johto. It was even decent for Hoenn, but I just can't stomach Sinnoh :x

Y'know what would be awesome? If they ran an anime for the manga, complete with darker storyline and less amount of suck, on like Adult Swim or something. That way they can't say it's bad for the kiddies, because little kids aren't supposed to watch Adult Swim!

The Pokemon Anime was amazing for Kanto and Johto. It was even decent for Hoenn, but I just can't stomach Sinnoh :x

Y'know what would be awesome? If they ran an anime for the manga, complete with darker storyline and less amount of suck, on like Adult Swim or something. That way they can't say it's bad for the kiddies, because little kids aren't supposed to watch Adult Swim!

Yeah, Pokemon keeps recylcing the same basic plots over and over again so many times. That's one of many reasons why I'd rather watch Digimon, especially if it's in Japanese with English subs.

Yep, I agree! I watched like 75 out of the 191 Advanced series show. That's Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. I was too young for Johto and for Kanto, it started before I was born! Lastly, for Sinnoh I can't stomach the shit that's going on. I stopped after May and Max left. Dawn is sick:p.

Back
Top Bottom