• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

Hey, anyone think that the house in Vermilion that has been 'in process' since RBY will FINALLY be built? If you can't remember, memory refresher...
'I'm putting up a building on this plot of land. My POKEMON is
tamping the land.'
'Guoh! Gogogoh!'
'My POKEMON is preparing the land for construction. But I have no
money to start the project...'

(Both for me!)

I think I'll start with Cyndiquil. I always used the Toto so that feels old, and I refuse to use Chikorita due to it's unfair disadvantage to the first two gyms. (Kinda like charmander was in RBGY LG/FR)

I'd like them to throw in some of the little things like that that were in Crystal, since it wouldn't be that hard and a Crystal remake would probably be overkill - but the fact that they didn't even use Crys makes it seem really unlikely.

I liked Buena's Password, too. :(

The point of Crys was to introduce a female character. GS didn't have that, but the remakes do. Just because the original female character isn't used DOESN'T mean every feature in that game will get neglected. I am astounded that people assume right off the back, the creator's intentions in the game due to a bad redesign of a character.

The point of Crys was to introduce a female character. GS didn't have that, but the remakes do. Just because the original female character isn't used DOESN'T mean every feature in that game will get neglected. I am astounded that people assume right off the back, the creator's intentions in the game due to a bad redesign of a character.

Kris wasn't "redesigned." "Soul" is an entirely new character.

What's weird about heart gold&silver soul is the girl. they keep the original johto boy, but they don't keep marina(crystal). but it's still pretty cool

What's weird about heart gold&silver soul is the girl. they keep the original johto boy, but they don't keep marina(crystal). but it's still pretty cool

Do you realise that this has been the subject of discussion for several pages? Basiaclly it's like this - Krys was not the 'original' girl in G/S - there was no female character in those games. Having Krys in HG/SS for make it seem like a Crystal remake, which it certainly isn't.

Why anyone would think it is a Crystal remake if they reused the character is beyond me. Then again, not everyone is a bright bulb.

I may have gotten into the fandom very late, but I'm still exited. I love the names. I also would love to see a starter following me for the whole game.

Pokemon yellow, :3.
I wonder if they stole the following programing from D/P/Pt Amity square.
Most likely; after all, that's pretty much what Amity Square is. Why not be lazy and use its programming?

I agree with superyoshi. It really annoys me the way everyone insists that's why they replaced Kris. If that is the case, Nintendo must think we're really, really stupid.
I think I just lost all credibility.

Why anyone would think it is a Crystal remake if they reused the character is beyond me. Then again, not everyone is a bright bulb.

Well, I don't mean it would seem like Crystal as such, rather Krys was exclusive to Crystal, so it wouldn't make much sense to reintroduce her in the Gold/Silver remakes.

Basiaclly it's like this - Krys was not the 'original' girl in G/S - there was no female character in those games. Having Krys in HG/SS for make it seem like a Crystal remake, which it certainly isn't.

You know, I can use that exact logic and say this is a remake of Yellow as well because the pokemon is following you.

It sounds stupid because it doesn't make sense. but someone said it better than me

Why anyone would think it is a Crystal remake if they reused the character is beyond me.

Well, I don't mean it would seem like Crystal as such, rather Krys was exclusive to Crystal, so it wouldn't make much sense to reintroduce her in the Gold/Silver remakes.

and WHY exactly wouldn't it? Every third version is always an updated version of the previous two, with updated storylines, newer and improved features, fixed bugs and glitches, and just an overall updated game. So you're telling me it wouldn't make sense to included updated features from the third version of a gen into the remakes (which are updating the games ANYWAYS), because the name "crystal" doesn't appear on the boxes? If it DID have the name "crystal" and this girl replaced Krys anyway, I bet everyone would be pissed. But because it's NOT crystal, people are saying THAT was the creator's intentions?

Sometimes I don't understand the thinking process behind fans and believe this deserves an entry in TvTropes

Last edited:
sometimes i don't understand the thinking process in your head psyburn, you're making little sense...
you seem to be taking this whole thing too serious biz
omg if they slightly edit silver's design i will murder everyone at game freak!!
kris was crystal exclusive so she is not in hgss, and i doubt some of the other features from crystal will be there either. they didn't add yellow changes (like the updated gym levels) to frlg did they?

They most likely keep the battle tower however, as it was present in FRLG, though making the Kanto gyms better would be nice, it was boring downing them all with a level 64-70 starter...

kris was crystal exclusive so she is not in hgss, and i doubt some of the other features from crystal will be there either. they didn't add yellow changes (like the updated gym levels) to frlg did they?

Yellow wasn't the third version. Blue was.

But if you want to say that, happiness was included from Yellow. Along with the fact that the choice between genders was also exclusive to Crystal as well.

and WHY exactly wouldn't it? Every third version is always an updated version of the previous two, with updated storylines, newer and improved features, fixed bugs and glitches, and just an overall updated game. So you're telling me it wouldn't make sense to included updated features from the third version of a gen into the remakes (which are updating the games ANYWAYS), because the name "crystal" doesn't appear on the boxes? If it DID have the name "crystal" and this girl replaced Krys anyway, I bet everyone would be pissed. But because it's NOT crystal, people are saying THAT was the creator's intentions?

The WAY you keep EMPHASISING words makes it SEEM like you THINK I'm stupid; would you mind not DOING that?

The thing is though, Krys in herself (NOT the ability to be female, but the character of Krys) was exclusive to Crystal. It's like... it's like how having Pikachu as a starter (Again, not Pikachu following you around, but the fact that s/he was a starter) in Yellow was not included in FR/LG. Krys belongs in Crystal, Gold belongs in generation 2 in general (Here I assume you'll be pedantic and say "Aha but Gold was not in X non-main series game from generation 2"), thus they kept Gold, but not Krys, in HG/SS.

Most likely; after all, that's pretty much what Amity Square is. Why not be lazy and use its programming?

If they did reuse the programming, then it would have to have been modified a bit. For example, they would have to remove the restrictions from D/P/Pt: you can't surf, ride your bike, and other things like that. Also, I have a feeling they will be reintroducing the happiness animations from Yellow rather than just use plain old text boxes.

Onto the subject of Crystal vs Soul: Even if the games aren't labeled CRYSTAL, Gamefreak has a habit of reusing things. Leaf was pulled from the R/G/B days and just recieved a change of clothes, pokemon following you and happiness comes from Yellow, pokemon genders were in R/G in the form of the Nido family, and Sweet Honey and the Shellos line were pulled from Gen 2 and 3 respectively. Obviously, only three things I listed were actually used before, but my point still stands.

Back
Top Bottom