• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember one general saying 'Yeah, I'd feel uncomfortable knowing there're gays in the military because in combat you wouldn't know wether they're thinking about the enemy or, you know, you. And when we have to spend the night in a cold place we usually all have to huddle together to keep warm and that might cause problems.'

imo if you get a boner in a combat situation you have bigger problems than being gay.

I remember one general saying 'Yeah, I'd feel uncomfortable knowing there're gays in the military because in combat you wouldn't know wether they're thinking about the enemy or, you know, you. And when we have to spend the night in a cold place we usually all have to huddle together to keep warm and that might cause problems.'

imo if you get a boner in a combat situation you have bigger problems than being gay.
So...no females either? *IDEA*
Army of Lesbians™

So guys.

The number of territories with legalised samesex marriage has now surpassed the number in which homosexuality carries the death penalty.

Go Connecticut!

Aw, that makes me really happy after Portugal rejected the demand for same-sex marriage and adoption. On the same day too.
why is portugal the worst country in europe ugggh

im half portuguese
but i have to say portugal is the shittiest european country
emotsmithrk4.gif

naw i mean we were the shit back in the day, conquerin' land, discoverin' countries, stealin' gold and spices and shit, beatin' up spanish and dutch people, thos were the days.

Now we're the most retarded European country. And we used to be the poorest until the new countries joined the EU and they'll probably race ahead soon enough.
I mean we legalized abortion only a year ago what the hell

Guys shut up. I like Spain. D:

Also on the topic of gays and their marriages, the Supreme Court was all like, "You can't stop these gays from marrying. Times change, honey. lol"

Like these once prevalent views, our conventional
understanding of marriage must yield to a more contemporary
appreciation of the rights entitled to constitutional
protection. Interpreting our state constitutional
provisions in accordance with firmly established equal
protection principles leads inevitably to the conclusion
that gay persons are entitled to marry the otherwise
qualified same sex partner of their choice. To decide
otherwise would require us to apply one set of constitutional
principles to gay persons and another to all others.
83 The guarantee of equal protection under the law,
and our obligation to uphold that command, forbids us
from doing so. In accordance with these state constitutional
requirements, same sex couples cannot be denied
the freedom to marry.84

http://www.jud.ct.gov/external/supapp/Cases/AROcr/CR289/289CR152.pdf

No idea how old this is.

army stuff

I wonder why people ignore the fact that Sparta actually did kick ass all over the place and actually preferred gay men in their army over straight men. Their logic was that they would be trying harder to impress their boyfriends, which is the opposite of stupid american logic it seems.

I wonder why people ignore the fact that Sparta actually did kick ass all over the place and actually preferred gay men in their army over straight men. Their logic was that they would be trying harder to impress their boyfriends, which is the opposite of stupid american logic it seems.

Also, if someone's boyfriend was killed...You wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of an enraged Spartan gay man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom