• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't really get why people complain because of having to put on a stupid seat belt since they're for their own safety and not even uncomfortable or anything but whatevs

What kind of freedom is the freedom to be spread across the road in a car accident? Why would you want that? It's not as if putting your seatbelt on is a particularly hard thing to do. Sure, it's your right to do so (I guess) but why would you want to assert that right?

It's not that I feel like "asserting my rights", it's just that usually I'm too lazy/don't care enough to put it on. Anyway, I don't ride usually, I just stay at home, and I don't feel like we're going to be in a wreck, and if we are, oh well, I'll be dead too soon to really think, "oh shit, I should have worn my seat belt".
I just think that it's stupid to make driving without a seat belt illegal. Regardless of whether or not you should wear a seat belt, it shouldn't be illegal not to.

How do they not solve the problem? My uncle was killed in a car accident; if it weren't for the seat belt he was wearing, he would have been unidentifiable. My friend (who is a 'little person') was in a car accident and would have gone straight through a window if it weren't for her seat belt. Neither of them would have worn a seat belt if it wasn't a legal requirement.

*shrugs* I was going by personal experience. Most people I know don't wear their seat belts even though it's the law. A source saying that more people put it on because it's the law would be useful, I might look for that.

I don't feel like I can clearly express my opinion though, I'm probably not a good debater; I shouldn't get into this too much.

That's mostly due to irresponsible people though I guess. Prostitution's a risy business anyway because lots of women get forced into it so I'm not sure where I stand on that. Prostitutes usually depress the hell out of me.
Well. Would you rather they be forced into back alleys or forced into a job with regulations and health codes?

Granted I have no idea how this is handled in Amsterdam or what it is about Amsterdam that sucks exactly, but I'm pretty sure recognizing prostitution as a legitimate profession at the very least cannot be worse than the current system.

What kind of freedom is the freedom to be spread across the road in a car accident? Why would you want that?
Um, real freedom. What do you think freedom is? The freedom to do things you think I should want to do? Who the fuck are you to decide that?

It's not as if putting your seatbelt on is a particularly hard thing to do. Sure, it's your right to do so (I guess) but why would you want to assert that right?
I don't. I always wear a seatbelt regardless of the law. I am opposed to the law itself; I have no interest in breaking it.

My uncle was killed in a car accident; if it weren't for the seatbelt he was wearing, he would have been unidentifiable.
Oh. Glad the seatbelt helped there.

Neither of them would have worn a seatbelt if it wasn't a legal requirement.
Okay, then they're dumb.

Um, real freedom. What do you think freedom is? The freedom to do things you think I should want to do? Who the fuck are you to decide that?

Calm down, none of that was even directed at you. I just figured the right to be safe was more important than the right to be stupid. Also can we either make a thread about this or drop it, because I'm fairly sure this has nothing to do with homosexuality (although you're kicking my ass at debating this so I don't see the point :/).

What about the right of other people who are exercising the right to be safe who then hit another car and have to be traumatised by the now mangled person who wasn't using that right? :/
(confusing)

Should a new thread be made for this seatbelt debate?

I agree with whoever said there needs to be more "Where your seatbelt!" ads. They're more effective than just a law. But on the other hand, having it a law makes people not want to be fined for something so arbitrary, and that can come in handy. But then again, it's hard to enforce this law, because once you've been pulled over, you can easily buckle up before the officer gets to your window, so.

Soft drugs isn't actually legal, just so you know...

Back on topic, if you're gay, Amsterdam must be like paradise.
Well, you know, w
you don't get sent to jail for having weed (which I agree with). I'm pretty glad they closed the Coffee Shops though because those were getting out of control.

And yeah the entire Netherlands are awesome if you're gay, but Amsterdam's got a great scene.

I just think icelanders are too frozen to say anything at this point.

what I mean is cool ok they have a gay PM nice

question is, is she a good PM (because sexuality has nothing to do with skill in ruling a country)

I just think icelanders are too frozen to say anything at this point.

what I mean is cool ok they have a gay PM nice

question is, is she a good PM (because sexuality has nothing to do with skill in ruling a country)

Apparently she has 73% approval ratings. That is higher than Obama, and after a financial breakdown besides. Clearly she is doing something right?

During the last general election, Fianna Fáil promised Ireland would have civil unions by 2009. Well, that was just a load of hot air blowing out of Bertie Ahern's arse, so now we've got a petition going for gay marriage. And we're going to shove it up Brian Cowen's ass and watch him enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom