• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How did you become a brony?

Saw that people were fans of it but kept putting it off until the night of my High School graduation. Looked it up online and saw the Know your Meme page for it which had a link to the first episode. Plowed through the first four episodes and then polished the entire first season off in about a week, becoming really invested in the show less than 10 episodes in.

I was exposed to the show via #tcod. Initially repulsed but it all worked out in the end. Now I write fan fics that get on EqD and that I will never share with anyone on TCoD because I am a masochist who likes to have multiple identities and keep secrets from people that I always worry will be discovered somehow! :D

(I was unaware of G4 so I thought you guys were watching G3 which is like the worst thing ever oh god I'm so sorry bronykind)

I remember popping in here once and seeing quite a few of the most active and known members had changed there names and avatars to cuteness. I honestly thought that everyone was being ironic, supporting what seemed to be just another boring little girl’s show. I paid it no mind. Flash forward a few months and my best friend irl is talking about the show. Her and I watch the pilot together. Cookies all around, I really liked it.
I've see quite a few episodes on my own time and I stop by Equestria Daily every once in a while, but I wouldn't call myself a "brony." I enjoy it, but I'm not that heavily invested in it, especially since Faust decided to demote herself and her influence in the show so she could go onto better things.

Mostly it was that first TCoD thread that got me interested. I didn't know anything about it before that, and I basically only knew what was in that thread before I started watching. I was a little skeptical at first because I was not a fan of ponies in the state I previously knew them after I hit puberty, but after I saw the difference in art style and the interest shown by all of the like-minded individuals here, I was basically sold. I didn't have to find out most of the fandom are middle-aged dudes or whatever first, because asking myself "am I too old for this?" is just something I've never done anyway. Probably just something that comes with being an open Pokemon fan after you've left middle school.

I just can't get myself to actively participate in the fandom much though. I love looking at fanart and stuff, and I sometimes make fanart, but TCoD is still the only community that's managed to hold my attention for more than a month or so, and like others have said a lot of the MLP community has quirks that bother me too.

I remember popping in here once and seeing quite a few of the most active and known members had changed there names and avatars to cuteness. I honestly thought that everyone was being ironic,

Same here at first, except I wasn't sure if it was "irony" or "another one of Surskitty and Tailsy's weird jokes that a whole load of people are in on that only a handful of people will get"

I never got into My Little Pony... I watched like two episodes, but it was just like any other little kid's show to me. I didn't like it much, if at all. At least I tried it though.

I am not a brony. I haven't seen any full episodes, although I have seen some clips here and there. I've seen some videos that mix it with other things like Team Fortress 2 (which I've never played either, despite my fascination of the culture around it) and have read "Cupcakes." As for the ponies themselves, I tend to like cute things in general.

It appeals to me in a strange way. Maybe if I have some free time I'll sit down and watch it.

Like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and others, I heard about it from the copious entry pimping on TV Tropes MLP:FIM had accumulated for itself. I was plesantly surprised by the quality of the show, and now its my girlfriend's and I's favorite to watch together. <3

I can't stand the term "brony". I don't care how many people say that it's not actually supposed to be gendered or bring frat boys to mind. I'm not going to call myself a "bro", ny or otherwise.
Yyyyyyyyeah. It's also like LOOK, THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD THAT MEN LIKE IT DESPITE BEING FOR GIRLS

WHAT? THERE ARE WOMEN WHO LIKE IT TOO? NO ONE CARES 8|
yeah I came in to say this
it's basically the same as "girl gamer" ooh i'm a GIRL and i play VIDEOMAGAMES got a PROBLEM LOL??? except it's ooh i'm a BOY and i like a GIRL'S SHOW
except no one ever claims 'girl gamer' is gender-neutral

Ummmm people in #tcod were watching it and people at the lgb(t) club at my uni were watching it (I say lgb(t) rather than quiltbag because it is not exactly very inclusive) and I figured I should check it out. Yep.

I don't follow it religiously but I do record it and watch it with my mum and make marxist jokes about it.

I'm pretty sure I was reading about it on TV Tropes. So I thought "Eh, I'll check this out."

Last summer, I stumbled upon it on an image board. At first I thought everyone was making fun of it, so I did a little research. I found out that 18-24 year olds actually love it, and Lauren Faust had a hand in it. I gave it a shot then, and I even got my boyfriend into it. Now I watch it and I actually forget that it was intended for kids ten years younger than me.

I saw some people to watch, most of which are results of the survey of 18-25 year-old man. I'm more interested, because it is quite unusual to my little pony show.

One day, I realized ponies were freaking everywhere on the internet. I was curious about why everyone was talking about it, but not enough to watch it (though I did consider it). Then one day my friend told me he was a brony and told me some reasons why come the show was so awesome. So I watched the entire first season in about three days.

Here, and I hate you guys for it, as I'm essentially a closet brony. Even my 10 year old sister finds the series strange in comparison to the previous generation of ponies and thus refuses to watch it.

It's kinda sad, and I feel a little dead inside about it...

I watched Lesson Zero and the Discord episodes and now I am converted. :I I've been watching episodes in random order ever since and I am struggling with a strange compulsion to buy the toys. gg pony fad, you finally got me.

One day, I realized ponies were freaking everywhere on the internet. I was curious about why everyone was talking about it, but not enough to watch it (though I did consider it). Then one day my friend told me he was a brony and told me some reasons why come the show was so awesome. So I watched the entire first season in about three days.

This is what happened to me.

My sister has a My Little Pony plushie, but I think it's from one of the older series, which she never even watched. She just really likes stuffed animals. That was the first I had heard of it, besides the occasional TV commercial.

...then I come back from the internet after vanishing due to schoolwork...and suddenly a bunch of people have pony avatars, which I thought was weird. Then one guy at church starts talking about it and quoting it every five seconds and I have no clue what the heck he is talking about.

By this time, my curiosity is piqued. I'm a huge sucker for little kid's stuff - I still play with Legos well that and I love girly stuff too like disney princesses :DDDDD - but I never got around to it.

Second semester of college, I get a new roommate. First off, finally someone who spends as much time on the internet as I do. :D He tells me that the show is awesome. So after some convincing, I watched the first episode.

I now love the show, lol. ^______^

Back
Top Bottom