• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

How many words do you know?

Yeah, not very impressive at all. I need get back into looking up random words in the dictionary; that was rather fun.

About 24,600 words. Although I may have only gotten that much because I did check "bugbear" after remembering that it was a monster in D&D.

28000 words

Well, at least Memebase has done something for me - I know the definition of uxoricide!

~27,700

I guess that's decent?

EDIT: I tested again and had 29,000 words. Better.

Last edited:

I had a teacher back in high school that focused on Etymology. She would give us lists of prefixes, roots and suffixes. She wanted us to look at any word and be able to know what it means based on the parts of the word. She was sort of OCD about it.

Back
Top Bottom