• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

INAUGURAL POKEMAFIA - INNOCENTS WIN

Re: INAUGURAL POKEMAFIA - DAY 2

But her excuse only works for the inspectors. There's no way for the healers to know who the Mafia are. So why should she want to get the healers to reveal themselves? Hmm...

To be fair, the strategy I was advocating on IRC involved both the inspector and one of the doctors revealing themselves. This strategy only works in games where you know how many doctors there are, though.

I'm also not sure why it follows that Vixie, if mafia, would kill Barubu just for being the first to vote for abstaining.

I'm also not sure why it follows that Vixie, if mafia, would kill Barubu just for being the first to vote for abstaining.

Well, Barubu's vote to abstain sparked a whole bunch of abstinence votes. Not that most people wouldn't have done so anyway, but the fact that Vixie called Barubu (and only Barubu, I may add) out and then the next night Barubu was killed strikes me as somewhat suspicious.

Of course, then there's the whole fact about how Vixie isn't that stupid.

If my word counts for anything as the person who accused her yesterday, I have since become reasonably certain that Vixie is innocent. I'm no inspector, but Vixie approached me privately and told me her role (this was permitted by Walker), and I believe she was telling the truth. I could be entirely wrong, but if she was truthful, she is not only not mafia, but also valuable to the innocent cause.

If an inspector took me up on my suggestion yesterday, this might be a good time to speak out. Odds are we still have doctors.

'm no inspector, but Vixie approached me privately and told me her role (this was permitted by Walker), and I believe she was telling the truth. I could be entirely wrong, but if she was truthful, she is not only not mafia, but also valuable to the innocent cause.

Ah. Well. I wasn't aware of this exchange (obviously), but if you're telling the truth (and so was Vixie), then I suppose most of my accusations were unwarranted. :/

I'm no inspector, but Vixie approached me privately and told me her role (this was permitted by Walker

to clarify, i was going to allow out of thread game discussion at the end of the day today, but i changed my mind in a private conversation with Vixie. so yeah, you may discuss the game privately, and you may also forge PM text (but no screenshots!)

to make things fair for those who are not village, the official name of the townies is General Populace/Population (I think I used both in role PMs, shut up I'm totally consistent)

Leafpool, you do realize that Barubu hadn't really posted anything other than "uh, sure, lets abstain!!!", right? Hence the "any input" line. Like I said earlier, Mafia members have to hide in the background and not make any incriminating statements.

Leafpool, you do realize that Barubu hadn't really posted anything other than "uh, sure, lets abstain!!!", right? Hence the "any input" line. Like I said earlier, Mafia members have to hide in the background and not make any incriminating statements.

the "any input" thing wasn't what I was thinking Vixie was suspicious for; it was the "care to tell us why?" bit. but I guess you're right; I didn't actively go looking to see if Barubu had posted elsewhere, so.

the "any input" thing wasn't what I was thinking Vixie was suspicious for; it was the "care to tell us why?" bit. but I guess you're right; I didn't actively go looking to see if Barubu had posted elsewhere, so.
Yes, I'm likely to suspect anyone who casts a vote without really saying anything else. Like Kammington said, it's really easy for mafia to blend in by just bandwagoning.

Also, to the people suspecting 3+ factions, note in my first post I said I am certain there are two at maximum.

Yes, I'm likely to suspect anyone who casts a vote without really saying anything else. Like Kammington said, it's really easy for mafia to blend in by just bandwagoning.

fair enough

Also, to the people suspecting 3+ factions, note in my first post I said I am certain there are two at maximum.

I'd like to ask how you know but you probably wouldn't bother telling :/

If so, then how many members are in each faction? My guess would be three maximum, but if there were two, then all of Team Galactic would be dead, meaning that only one faction remains. And, if there is a max of 3 people per faction, that would mean that either four or two mafia members are left.

Yeah I kind of thought so myself but I felt the need to reply to that statement. Dammit why do I do this to myself D:

EDIT: ninja'd, above was directed at Vixie

Yeah I kind of thought so myself but I felt the need to reply to that statement. Dammit why do I do this to myself D:

EDIT: ninja'd, above was directed at Vixie
...make an actual defense statement, then?

a defense statement would probably end up just looking like some sort of cover-up. hell, most of my actions within the past several posts could be seen as cover-ups; I should probably just shut up before I make things worse for myself.

if you do want a defense statement, though, I can tell you that I don't think any experienced Mafia player who was a member of the Mafia would explicitly go out of there way to compile a huge list of evidence toward one specific member with the intent of getting them voted out. For one it wastes time for a Mafia member who can easily lynch any innocent they want if they put thought into it; for another it draws attention to that member because of the fact that accusations at any other member almost invariably draw suspicion.

besides, I doubt I'd still be posting if I were a Mafia member. Experience with being Mafia in past games has told me that Mafia really do need to bandwagon to avoid getting killed early on. I'm only posting because I feel obligated to respond to stuff now.

I can tell you my role if you want; I can't guarantee that you'll believe me (obviously), but hey.

I can tell you my role if you want; I can't guarantee that you'll believe me (obviously), but hey.
We should talk sometime, then!

At any rate, we should figure out how we're going to lynch tonight, if at all. Mayhaps go after one of the less active people? There is probably a mafiosi hiding like a mouse.

EDIT: After a conversation with Leafpool, I think it is fairly safe to say she is innocent.

Last edited:

Lynch the inactive member, the battle cry of those that are jumpy. I'd like to point out that not all inactive members are mafia, most of the time they are just innocents that have nothing to say to help the discussion along. But if you want to act a quiet one, be my guest. Just keep in mind that you are playing with lives here.

Also. Now that we are thinking there are more than one Mafia, that just makes things more dangerous. People will start to get more jumpy and more suspicious of those around them. With the thought of more killers out there, no one can be trusted and that will later lead to people saying "The more we lynch, the more likely we will find a Mafia!" thus easing the guilt of killing a few innocent.

...why yes, that was me just being the devil's advocate. Don't mind me.

Lynch the inactive member, the battle cry of those that are jumpy. I'd like to point out that not all inactive members are mafia, most of the time they are just innocents that have nothing to say to help the discussion along. But if you want to act a quiet one, be my guest. Just keep in mind that you are playing with lives here.

I know that this is going to sound pretty terrible, but an innocent who isn't doing/saying anything is more or less deadweight. Now, I don't particularly want to just take a shot in the dark, but we're going to have to start lynching sooner or later, or the mafia will just capitalise on our refusal to react.

Also. Now that we are thinking there are more than one Mafia, that just makes things more dangerous. People will start to get more jumpy and more suspicious of those around them. With the thought of more killers out there, no one can be trusted and that will later lead to people saying "The more we lynch, the more likely we will find a Mafia!" thus easing the guilt of killing a few innocent.
We've thought there were multiple mafia from the start...

Assuming we have two members on each team, we should only have one lynch next round, since Galactic is dead.

Either way, though, any members who want to just bandwagon along will probably get lynched. Keep that in mind, members who are staying hush-hush.

Back
Top Bottom