• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

INAUGURAL POKEMAFIA - INNOCENTS WIN

Re: INAUGURAL POKEMAFIA - DAY 1

And that would make them separate... how?

As everyone knows on IRC, I favour abstaining on day 1 if there are no leads and if there is a sufficient number of players. As it stands, the odds are very high that we will kill an innocent (even assuming, say, four (now three) mafia); too high to justify randomly killing someone, I think.

I disagree with this philosophy; you're just as likely to kill an innocent if you pick someone to lynch at random.

Personally, I would lynch someone who hasn't contributed anything or lost interest; this way we can make sure we don't lose any players that might be able to help. Hell, one of the mafioso may very well be lying low instead of actively posting as to keep a low profile and not raise suspicions.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Leafpool.

That did not hold true for me in ASB Mafia.

what is the disagreement...? opal is saying that a randlynch would be more likely than not to hit an innocent, so we shouldn't do it!

wanting to stay low as to not be targeted by some randomly-accusatory sort sort of applies to everyone...

what is the disagreement...? opal is saying that a randlynch would be more likely than not to hit an innocent, so we shouldn't do it!

wanting to stay low as to not be targeted by some randomly-accusatory sort sort of applies to everyone...

Wait wait wait. I'm not sure what rules exactly we're playing by, but the way I'm used to playing, if the town doesn't choose to lynch anyone, the GM randomly selects someone to die.

Walker, could you clarify? Because if the above rule isn't in play here, I'd have to agree with opal.

Wait wait wait. I'm not sure what rules exactly we're playing by, but the way I'm used to playing, if the town doesn't choose to lynch anyone, the GM randomly selects someone to die.
If there is an voting abstinence, nobody dies that day. At any rate, before I actually cast a vote to abstain, I'd like to hear from our inspectors, if there are any.

Walker, could you clarify? Because if the above rule isn't in play here, I'd have to agree with opal.

Nope, you can go without lynching if you like. In case voting isn't clear for some reason, just post your vote in bold (this wasn't directed at you specifically, just in general). To go with no lynch, then abstain or "no lynch" would work.

...You know, I never have anything to say on Day 1. Worked a lot better when I was the GM of that one game and could laugh at how badly everyone, /everyone/ was playing over at that other forum without outright saying anything...

So yeah. Here. :l

...You know, I never have anything to say on Day 1. Worked a lot better when I was the GM of that one game and could laugh at how badly everyone, /everyone/ was playing over at that other forum without outright saying anything...

So yeah. Here. :l

This is making me suspicious of you, if anything :|

I'd like to abstain
Care to explain why? Or at least provide some actual input?

@Vixie: I feel that, with only two dead people, I have no idea who's team the person I'd be killing would be on.

Well, as I have no real evidence as to who might have killed who, I vote to abstain

If there is an voting abstinence, nobody dies that day. At any rate, before I actually cast a vote to abstain, I'd like to hear from our inspectors, if there are any.
...hold on a moment there. Forgive me if I'm being rash, but I can't help finding this suspicious. You're the one who just a couple of days ago argued at length in #mafia that inspectors should never reveal themselves on the first turn, and now you nonchalantly ask for them to come out and reveal their findings, on the very first turn? This is at least rather unusual.

I know I'll probably be jumped on for this, but I felt it was worth pointing out. :/

It would probably be rash to lynch Vixie on my little hunch, but if we have inspectors, I'd like to suggest they examine Vixie, unless they have already. (Feel free to examine me too if you're suspicious of my accusation; I assure you I'm quite innocent.)

...hold on a moment there. Forgive me if I'm being rash, but I can't help finding this suspicious. You're the one who just a couple of days ago argued at length in #mafia that inspectors should never reveal themselves on the first turn, and now you nonchalantly ask for them to come out and reveal their findings, on the very first turn? This is at least rather unusual.

I know I'll probably be jumped on for this, but I felt it was worth pointing out. :/

It would probably be rash to lynch Vixie on my little hunch, but if we have inspectors, I'd like to suggest they examine Vixie, unless they have already. (Feel free to examine me too if you're suspicious of my accusation; I assure you I'm quite innocent.)
Okay, I was expecting someone to call me out on this! So I am ready to defend: There are way many more of us and probably 2+ inspectors. Everyone likes to drill that inspectors should reveal anything they find into my head, so I have (admittedly reluctantly) accepted that this is probably the best way to develop a lead. We might learn who is mafia and can therefore rid of them immediately, or figure out who isn't mafia, so we can know to ignore them (and doctors can know they are safe to heal).

Okay, I was expecting someone to call me out on this! So I am ready to defend: There are way many more of us and probably 2+ inspectors. Everyone likes to drill that inspectors should reveal anything they find into my head, so I have (admittedly reluctantly) accepted that this is probably the best way to develop a lead. We might learn who is mafia and can therefore rid of them immediately, or figure out who isn't mafia, so we can know to ignore them (and doctors can know they are safe to heal).

There's still a chance that there is only one inspector. If they were to reveal theirselves now, they would be the main target of the majority of Mafia factions and healers combined. If they didn't die of a bullet in the night, they'd likely die of healer death.

At this point in the game, we would like a lead but, I don't think that exposing the inspector is the best way to do it. With the threat of multiple mafia factions lurking, we really do need the inspector(s) later on in the game, to keep giving leads. Three leads later on is much better than one lead now only.

I myself am happy to abstain as at this point in the game, it does seem like the best option. We presumably have a very large number of innocents and as such, an unjustified lynch could really work against us.

Yeah, I don't think it's such a good idea for inspectors to reveal now either. It works when i) the inspector has actually discovered a mafia member, and ii) there are very few mafiosi left, such that lynching one is very greatly beneficial to the innocents and outweighs the disadvantage of probably losing the inspector. Right now odds are neither applies, so it's wiser for the inspectors to keep a relatively low profile and try to subtly influence the discussion in accordance with their findings.

...alright then. Like I said, I'm going to have to agree. Let's all be friends and not lynch anyone.

...by the way, if I were to nominate, say, Barubu, would the two options have to square off against each other, or would my violentness cancel out everyone's friendliness?

Whatever the majority is is the single vote. i.e. if the majority abstain, there is no lynch.

At any rate, I am abstaining.

Back
Top Bottom