• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Legendary Pokemon Population Conspiracy

Right now, I am engaged in a conflict. As many fans are aware of, Pokemon are all around us and are abundant...except legendary Pokemon. I have a firm belief that certain legendary Pokemon are rare, but in numbers. I am but one person, so I need some feedback of this situation, as well as some Pokemon that are likely abundant.

Besides Phione... There are multiple Lugia in the anime, and some other legendaries in there probably weren't the only ones. But I think it's an invention of the anime, which is weird in general. (I think there is only one Lugia, she is involved with Ho-oh and they have three children which are the Bird Trio, but this stuff is even less official.) But Deoxys... There might be more of them.

There is obviously multiple Latios and Latias in the anime. Also, there is only 1 Mewtwo, seeing as the data for him were destroyed in his rage in the first movie. Thee is 1 Arceus. So we got a few out of the way:)
Seeing as there is the pokedex to support this, Entei seems to have a (albeit incredibly small) population as a new one forms into being when a volcano erupts, but nothing like this applies for Raikou and Entei. What I believe about Deoxys is that there is an entire planet of them.
Anyone else have more theories?

It seems more plausible for some to be multiple than others.

I mean, if there were multiple Groudon and Kyogre, the Pokémon World would be insane; however, nothing really impedes the multiplicity of less god-powerful legendaries, such as Heatran or the elemental trios from the first two generations.

It may be noteworthy that multiple Phione in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon -- eight of them appear on-screen at one time, even.

It's obvious that there are multiple Cresellia, Heatran, and Regigigas, as Palmer owns them and battles with them. Using this logic also says there are multiple of any battle-frontier permitted legendary, as rentals are given out to any trainers.

The amount of Entei and Heatran are related. iirc they are both born when a volcano erupts, and Entei roaring causes a volcano to erupt so...

It's obvious that there are multiple Cresellia, Heatran, and Regigigas, as Palmer owns them and battles with them. Using this logic also says there are multiple of any battle-frontier permitted legendary, as rentals are given out to any trainers.
This would imply: Latias, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Suicune, Entei and Latios, as well as the three you mentioned.

Regigigas' Pokédex entries seem to imply there's only one, though.

The amount of Entei and Heatran are related. iirc they are both born when a volcano erupts, and Entei roaring causes a volcano to erupt so...

heatran, no.

yes, that is how entei reproduce, they asex by roaring. I wonder what that does to genetic variation within the species.

There is more than one Lugia. There was a Johto episode having a Lugia and her Lugia baby, so this implies there are many Lugia in the world, that are able to reproduce with each other.

Yeah, there are Phiones in one place in PMD.

Of course, there are many Latios and Latias. Watch the end of the movie that they appeared in.

Celebi is kind of difficult to know. In the Pokemon 4ever movie, there were many Celebi coming to heal the dead Celebi, but they could have been from the past and/or future.

So, some legendaries have more than one of themselves, but others do not.

Actually, it's my belief there were about 30 Celebi at the beginning the Universe, and their population has slowly descreased. Same with Mew, but Mew did more drastically.

yes, that is how entei reproduce, they asex by roaring. I wonder what that does to genetic variation within the species.

If someone asked me to describe sreservoir in two sentences I would show them this.

Regigigas, I think, would be one for each trio of Regis, of which there is one in each important natural landmark (that crystal tree) and one main trio in each region. The most powerful Regi trio, the one in Hoenn, had to be separated from their regigigas.

There's a manaphy for each sea and several dozen phione that follow it about.

One heatran per volcano.

If someone asked me to describe sreservoir in two sentences I would show them this.

Regigigas, I think, would be one for each trio of Regis, of which there is one in each important natural landmark (that crystal tree) and one main trio in each region. The most powerful Regi trio, the one in Hoenn, had to be separated from their regigigas.

There's a manaphy for each sea and several dozen phione that follow it about.

One heatran per volcano.
This theory about Hoenn's Regis definitely fits the text braille encountered in the Sealed Chamber.

"In this cave we have lived. We owe all to the Pokémon. But, we sealed the Pokémon away. We feared it. Those with courage, those with hope. Open a door. An eternal Pokémon waits."

A running theory is that this refers to Regigigas (well, A Regigigas) -- if it were referring to the other Regis, it would read "we feared them", among other grammatical differences. It's highly viable that the eventual Ruby/Sapphire remakes shed further light into this -- they would provide an excellent chance to meet Hoenn's Regigigas. HG/SS did give the player a shot at Hoenn's trio, so, it's not much of a stretch.

Actually, it's my belief there were about 30 Celebi at the beginning the Universe, and their population has slowly descreased. Same with Mew, but Mew did more drastically.

This explains why Mew made so many more pokemon: It got lonely.

There was originally only one celebi. Then it started travelling through time, and thus there is a seperate incarnation of Celebi for every time it has at one point occupied. All of these can travel through time.

Or at least, that's how I see it, time paradoxes. Probably doesn't work that way with Dialga, 'cause Dialga controls the stuff more.

I just realized that some of the Battle Tower NPC allies have legendaries. That means there is more of these legendaries:
The Latis
Cresselia
Regirock (and presumably the rest of the trio)

The genetic variation is caused by the volcanoes.

Back
Top Bottom