• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

MINECRAFT

Oi modding not my thing.

I don't like using them and not all that familiar with Java.

Though I believe the mo' Creatures mod has a lot of tameable animals to use a pets.

On the note of the red stone ticker display:

I actually think I have general grasp of how that red stone ticker works. Though I have no idea how he made it so compact. hurm I might have to try making something like that might self.

Last edited:
Sorry if that came off as a little rude. Not a fan of mods for Minecraft. Anyway what do you mean virtual pets? In minecraft or something separate?

Does anyone here have experience with modding? I have an idea that will be awesome (Virtual Pets).

I mean virtual pets.

Yeah, that's pretty clear unless you skip the last few words of your post... >_>
But just saying "virtual pets" and nothing else doesn't come off as the best idea. I understand if you want to keep the specifics secret so you can claim ownership of the idea or something... but uh, how would your virtual pet mod be any different to taming wolves (or birds/horses in Mo' creatures)?

Hey guys...
I found a vein of Diamond! My first ever, and it had seven!
I made two diamond pickaxes, then realized that I should have made a Diamond sword.

Hey guys...
I found a vein of Diamond! My first ever, and it had seven!
I made two diamond pickaxes, then realized that I should have made a Diamond sword.

Congrats! :D
I have taken to leaving signs marking the exact block where I found my first diamonds in each world. :v

Runecraft is so cool. I plan on making a floating city with the faith runes.

So I played around with some invedited red stone and I have figured out how to make that red stone ticker work. :D

The one I've built isn't nearly as complex as the one in the video but it still works took a lot of tweaking but hey figured it out.

Wish I could find some decent free desktop recording software for my tower. I'd show it off.

Why have I not posted here yettttttt

I am absolutely obsessed with the game, though I'm not very good at it. I'm currently on what I'm relatively sure is my tenth file now, as I keep deleting ones I die in too much. I'm more of a miner than a builder, so all I have is a tiny house with a bed, a furnace, a crafting table, and two large chests. Though I have so much Cobblestone now I'll have to start building.

I don't play multi-player, mostly because I want to master single-player before I try. However, for any of you multi-players that weren't aware, according to Minecraft's Facebook page 1.6 is out this week, and SMP will have the Nether!

I am so confused!

So, no two worlds will be the same unless you use the same seed, right? Well, I put in a new seed, and it generated one of my old worlds. Actually, one of my old save files. Want to know how I know? I spawned near one of my old houses. It's there, with all the stuff I left there. I somehow recreated a world that I had deleted from my game. Is this even possible? I'm honestly certain that I used a different seed, too. What is going on here?

I am so confused!

So, no two worlds will be the same unless you use the same seed, right? Well, I put in a new seed, and it generated one of my old worlds. Actually, one of my old save files. Want to know how I know? I spawned near one of my old houses. It's there, with all the stuff I left there. I somehow recreated a world that I had deleted from my game. Is this even possible? I'm honestly certain that I used a different seed, too. What is going on here?

I seem to remember hearing about a glitch that if you name a world exactly the same as another world you previously made, it would recreate the old save file with everything was there. It was probably fixed a while back, but this might be the case.

I am either very unlucky, or extremely terrible at modding. I understand the steps to install a mod (put files in the right places, install Modloader or whatever, drop the files in the .jar) and I swear I'm following the steps, but every single time I black screen. I'm very frustrated. All I want is WildGrass for my Painterly pack, why does it have to be so difficult?!

If I remember correctly, you're supposed to remove the META-INF file to get a mod to work. And btw, 1.6 added tall grass (though you can't grow it and it only appears in newly generated chunks).

Today I took a trip to the desert to gather a large amount of sand and let me tell you, that was a great trip.
I went on foot without a compass, using the coordinates from pressing F3 to find my way around. It took me an entire in-game day to get there. I set up camp by digging out a cave, locking myself in, and placing torches. I mined carefully for stone and sandstone until my watch said that it was daytime again. I then clawed my way out of the dirt and started towards the closest sand dune.

I spent all that day digging at that dune after figuring out that the easy-sand-collecting-bug was fixed. I had lost track of my shelter from last night so I dug myself a new one. As I was building the roof, a creeper appeared and blew up my makeshift shelter so I decided to head back towards my main base. Since it is somewhat close to the origin (coordinates 0,?,0), I used F3 to guide which way I should go.

I eventually found myself on top of a sandy mountain overlooking a deep valley below. I cautiously made my way down and only fell once with a total of two hearts damage. I continued walking in the direction that I thought was the correct way until I reached new chunks with the new grass. I checked F3 and it seems that I had been going completely the wrong way. I was at (-20something,64,500something)!

The sun was going down again so I built a neat little cobblestone shack. I put a crafting bench and a furnace in there and made some glass from some of the sand that I had gathered and used it to make a window. I now had a nice view of the outside scenery. I then went back to my crafting bench and attempted again and again to find out the recipe for the new trap doors and I failed epicly. After giving up on that, I made a chest and deposited half of my sand in there just in case If I were to die before I made it back home.

Once it hit morning, I broke though the cobble, crafted a door, placed it in the gap, and followed the directions correctly with F3. I traveled for quite awhile before I made it back to the desert. It seemed so small compared to the rest of the forests and valleys that I had been though. By the time that I had reached the sea, night was falling once again. Knowing that the mobs wouldn't chase me out at sea, I jumped in and swam. It was so dark out that I could barely tell if there was land on the horizon or not (also, I play on tiny).

Eventually, I made it to dry land and if I weren't already wet enough, the rain kicked in and soaked me even more. I spotted a zombie nearby and took it out with my stone sword. I continued to walk, trying to stay under the trees for greater visibility. Soon I decided to dig down and wait for morning.

After a minute I got bored so I started mining down. I soon hit a cave with a nice amount of iron ore deposits. I grabbed as many as I could find. Eventually, I made my way back to the surface. It was still dark and rainy but I was almost at the origin! I soon found it and was easily able to get to my base. I dropped off my five stacks of sand in a chest, went downstairs to my underground tunnel, checked on my mushroom farm (which didn't grow at all while I was gone...) resurfaced at my house and went to sleep.

Last edited:
I am either very unlucky, or extremely terrible at modding. I understand the steps to install a mod (put files in the right places, install Modloader or whatever, drop the files in the .jar) and I swear I'm following the steps, but every single time I black screen. I'm very frustrated. All I want is WildGrass for my Painterly pack, why does it have to be so difficult?!

Wildgrass has not been updated to 1.6, and therefore will not work in a 1.6 jar file.

Oh man, I haven't played minecraft in months, or a little bit after he moved it into beta form(I joined when it was in Alpha, so yay for forever free updates and only $10 price tag). When I did, I was definitely a miner over a builder of fighter. In fact, my house consisted of very little, only enough space to store my crap and make new crap. In comparison, my mining tunnel was so complex that I ended up having to create a map in order to know EXACTLY where everything was, or else I would have gotten lost in it and died very easily.

By the way, what updates have there been since last December?

Let's see...

-Leaves decay
-Wool can be dyed with dyes
-New squid mob
-Spiders climb walls
-There is a new ore--Lapis Lazuli--for dyeing
-Dispensers--they shoot things
-Skeletons drop bones
-New colored sheep
-Sugar and cake
-New types of trees--birch and pine
-Beds which allow you to skip the night
-Redstone delay blocks
-Sandstone
-Wood, Sandstone, Cobblestone slabs
-More than five worlds, also name your worlds
-Dogs which can be tamed with bones and fight for you
-Cookies
-Glitch speed boosters are gone, replaced with golden rails
-Pressure pad rails
-Tunable note blocks
-Achievements
-Weather! Snow replenishes snow cover, rain waters crops, lightning kills things and powers creepers up and makes pigs into zombie pigmen
-Multiplayer Nether
-Maps
-Trapdoors
-Tall Grass, how you get seeds now
-Dead shrubs in the desert, aesthetic

Let's see...

-Leaves decay
-Wool can be dyed with dyes
-New squid mob
-Spiders climb walls
-There is a new ore--Lapis Lazuli--for dyeing
-Dispensers--they shoot things
-Skeletons drop bones
-New colored sheep
-Sugar and cake
-New types of trees--birch and pine
-Beds which allow you to skip the night
-Redstone delay blocks
-Sandstone
-Wood, Sandstone, Cobblestone slabs
-More than five worlds, also name your worlds
-Dogs which can be tamed with bones and fight for you
-Cookies
-Glitch speed boosters are gone, replaced with golden rails
-Pressure pad rails
-Tunable note blocks
-Achievements
-Weather! Snow replenishes snow cover, rain waters crops, lightning kills things and powers creepers up and makes pigs into zombie pigmen
-Multiplayer Nether
-Maps
-Trapdoors
-Tall Grass, how you get seeds now
-Dead shrubs in the desert, aesthetic

You forgot there are now 3 types of saplings.

You forgot there are now 3 types of saplings.

That was implied by the tree thing. The new trees should have had their own saplings, but didn't for a while.

So some friends and I started this RP server and it is fun, it's just a serious, original-characters "oh no we're in this weird place what do we do let's survive" kind of RP. PM me if you'd like the details.

Back
Top Bottom