• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2010

My novel actually has a severe lack of lesbians, but it makes up for this with the two main characters being gay! (and lesbians. and straight. REINCARNATION + DESTINED LOVE = EVERY SEXUALITY EVER)

ended last chapter with exciting fight where a guy straddles the main character and punches him in the mouth, started new chapter with everyone getting a haircut and going shopping.

i hope i can make up for the lame 4 pages i wrote for this new chapter

EDIT: there are no women in my novel, so there are no lesbians :( or gays. this is new and unexplored territory for me

PEOPLE STOP EITH THE HOMOSEXUALITY FOCUS. NOVELS ARE NOT ABOUT THAT.

Anyway, today was 2000 words, pushing me above 20,000, as well as compensating for yesterday. I also really like the chapter I wrote today. Yay!

They can be about that if you want them to be :D

Anyways, I'm partially thankful for my surgery tomorrow because it gives me 5 days of me recovering and not really doing anything, so I can spend most of that time catching up with NaNo! I have about 6000 words to catch up on tomorrow, but I'm finally introducing most of my awesome characters. I introduced the main heroine of the story who is a massive attention whore, brought in the flamboyant gay kid who is madly in love with the main character, showed off the main villain and two primary antagonists, and added a depressed and morbid Togepi in, just for kicks and giggles.

With all that stuff added together, I am going to have a blast writing this story.

But but but gay people are adorable! D:

And I've read some really good novels on homosexuality (alright, they're mostly about transexuals, but close enough), so your point = moot.

Ahhhhh NaNo site! It's not 12:00 yet! Stop this!

But yeah. I envy those of you who can write 1667 words in 45 minutes. It takes me at least three hours each day...

asdfasdfasdf

Going to do homework now.

It was a bad joke.

I'm seriously considering just giving up on this year. I'm just so busy and it's so difficult to actually sit down and write anything that doesn't feel like total crap. I'm really, really unsatisfied with this project and I've got like four thousand words to write by the end of tonight to catch up and I highly doubt I'm going to manage that.

I've already agreed to go out with my flatmates to Glam tonight so I'll have to join in the predrinking or set myself up for an expensive night, which means that there's no time.

; ;
at least I've written INTERLUDE I (there are a series of interludes taking place in various times over the past seven thousand years, mainly so I can stop writing from the perspective of the same character every fucking chapter. usually I have at least two viewpoint protags but this time I only have one. D:)

Blehh I haven't posted here since October. D:

I keep worrying about getting behind, so I ended up 10,000 words ahead of the daily suggestion. I also forgot how exactly my novel will end... I'll remember it later, I'm sure.

And it's probably not exactly an average novel, either. It's about a big fortress full'a birds. Kinda like Guardians of Ga'Hoole, except I don't think there are any owls in my novel... oh, and there are humans. >:F But so far I don't have any real relationships other than OMG HUGE VULTURE SCARY

It was a bad joke.

I'm seriously considering just giving up on this year. I'm just so busy and it's so difficult to actually sit down and write anything that doesn't feel like total crap. I'm really, really unsatisfied with this project and I've got like four thousand words to write by the end of tonight to catch up and I highly doubt I'm going to manage that.

I've already agreed to go out with my flatmates to Glam tonight so I'll have to join in the predrinking or set myself up for an expensive night, which means that there's no time.

; ;
at least I've written INTERLUDE I (there are a series of interludes taking place in various times over the past seven thousand years, mainly so I can stop writing from the perspective of the same character every fucking chapter. usually I have at least two viewpoint protags but this time I only have one. D:)

Gurl, pre-drinking will just end up with you a) drunker and b) poorer.

I AM CURRENTLY 4286 WORDS BEHIND THE SUGGESTED WORD COUNT.
Expect to see me up late trying to finish and still not hitting the mark. My muse is very dead.
by the way, adverb phrases>adverbs. i swear i have used the words "in a ___ manner" so many times it's boring now

Spent the last few hours typing, and I'm finally starting to develop the main plot instead of just the world and characters. Almost up to 20,000 words, which is close to the quota for the 12th. I don't think I'll make it all the way to 20,000 though.

ZOMG GUYS AND GALS I REACHED 20000 WORDS OMG OMG OMG

Actually if I focus hard enough it can take me closer to 35 minutes. :P

How do you do this? Tell me the secret! :o

*puts on Hiikari costume*

Don't give up, Harlequin! Week Two is always the hardest week, and you've almost made it through already! You can do this~ Everything will be fine after Week Two! You've already wrote so much with the little time you have. Four thousand words is going to be a piece of cake for you. And this is just a draft, so don't worry about its being horrible. Editing is for December, after all. Keep fighting!

And you might find some plot bunnies while you're drunk. :D

Blehh I haven't posted here since October. D:

I keep worrying about getting behind, so I ended up 10,000 words ahead of the daily suggestion. I also forgot how exactly my novel will end... I'll remember it later, I'm sure.

And it's probably not exactly an average novel, either. It's about a big fortress full'a birds. Kinda like Guardians of Ga'Hoole, except I don't think there are any owls in my novel... oh, and there are humans. >:F But so far I don't have any real relationships other than OMG HUGE VULTURE SCARY

Yay~ You're ahead! That's always a good thing. That means you can slack off later (it doesn't mean you should though!) And don't worry about the ending! It'll come when you get there, and even if you don't, you should still have won NaNo at that point, so it's okay!

Your novel sounds really interesting. I really like birds, and Ga'Hoole was my favorite childhood novel series. And I'm sure the relations will come, once you have your characters interacting a bit more!

I AM CURRENTLY 4286 WORDS BEHIND THE SUGGESTED WORD COUNT.
Expect to see me up late trying to finish and still not hitting the mark. My muse is very dead.
by the way, adverb phrases>adverbs. i swear i have used the words "in a ___ manner" so many times it's boring now

IT'S OKAY! Just write whatever that comes to your mind, even if it's somewhere so far along the plot that you have no idea where it will happen or even a little subplot. Keep on churning out words until that muse comes back! It's what I do, anyway, and it's been working so far. You have no idea how many times my muse has died and how many subplots randomly generated a result. My angsty main character isn't even the major main character anymore...

And don't worry about those pesky adverb phrases. Editing is for December! Keep on writing~

Spent the last few hours typing, and I'm finally starting to develop the main plot instead of just the world and characters. Almost up to 20,000 words, which is close to the quota for the 12th. I don't think I'll make it all the way to 20,000 though.

Yay~ Isn't it exciting when the plot actually starts happening? It took me 10000 words to get to that. And don't worry about your word count. You can always make it up later when you hit the exciting parts in the plot.

Keep up the good work, everyone! :D Don't let Week Two get to you! If I can hit 20000 on my first NaNo, so can you!

*takes off Hiikari costume*

Oh god I feel so cheerful what is this. :o

How do you do this? Tell me the secret! :o

I find some youtube videos of Nutcracker music and challenge myself to complete 1667 words before all four videos are over.

(it never works. it takes a repeat of the first video. but the four vids plus the first again is around ~37 minutes total.)

Guyyyyyys I actually ~wrote stuff~ but my adapter is MIA and that's the only way I know how to move files on and off my flashcart. D:

I'm pretty sure it must be somewhere in my room, but... :( crud.

Also that doesn't sound like a bad plan, Leafpool, if you're the type who can write with music. :B I'm the sort that needs silence, though...

Superbird said:
...I feel happy for having a rough draft. Now I know what to write all the time.

... Yeah except this is kind of ~anti-NaNo~ still but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom