• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Not in a million years

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
Have you ever become a fan of something or enjoyed something you thought you'd never like, ever? Could be a show, game, experience, food, anything. Why didn't you think you'd like it? What made you change your mind? Did it change your perspective on trying new things?

Dota.

Before last year, I thought "Dota is for tools, morons, and losers", but then, I saw my brother playing it with his friends, and I realized that maybe, there's more to it than I think. So I played it, and I've loved it ever since. Unfortunately, I still suck at it...

Homestuck, actually. I thought it looked incredibly stupid, but eventually I gave in. I'm not done yet, but... it's still amazing.

Most things I like now, I used to hate. :) Except dota, I was scared of being yelled at while playing.

Steven Universe.

I haven't gotten sucked into it yet, but from the few episodes I've seen of Steven Universe, I'm inclined to agree.
The more I hear about it resembling Madoka Magica (the Crystal Gems and their soul gems, haha), the more I'm inclined to check it out further, actually. The reasons it resembles Madoka Magica aren't the same as the reasons I love Madoka Magica, but hey, it's close.

The first thing that comes to mind is Animorphs, actually. I didn't think I'd like it at first... but then it quickly consumed my entire childhood, and I still love it.

homestuck lol

and glee. jesus fuck. i don't watch it anymore, but back around when it first started i was one of those people SO DETERMINED TO DISLIKE IT then about 3 years ago i started watching it and oops.

Those goddang japanese animes. Back when anime was a new Big Thing I got really pissed off at everything that had to do with japanese animation because it was just everywhere. I had a moderately long 'anime sux' -phase that I'm not particularly proud of. I think I stopped being a moron after my sister forced me to watch some anime she'd started watching just for shits and giggles and I ended up enjoying it.

I'm still kinda picky with my animes but at least I realized there's no point in hating such a wide category of things, because there's bound to be some good stuff in there. :Y

I honestly don't think so.

I try not to judge things before I've tried them, and when there's things I'm told over and over that suck like Justin Bieber or Twilight, I do think I'll never like them or try them, but usually that's because I'm not into music/romance novels/whatever in the first place.

I might not hate things that are popular, but one hipster thing I'm prone to is "I liked it before it was cool" which to be fair isn't me trying to dismiss people who are new to liking it, it's being bitter about the fact that I was mocked for liking it and now the people who used to (or still do) mock me like it too.

Digimon, forgot it existed between the time of the original V-Pets and the first season debut of the anime. Then I remembered everything after hearing the name "Agumon".

Pokémon.

I hated fads and rolled my eyes exaggeratedly when everyone got into these silly monsters. Then I played Pokémon Yellow for five minutes and fourteen years later I'm still running a Pokémon website, writing Pokémon fanfiction and being excited about Pokémon games.

Swing dancing. A few of my friends started doing it least year, and they gradually started convincing more and more people to show up. I was asked for the first time around March of this year, and I was so vehemently opposed, not being a very good dancer, that I didn't go until May, when I was bribed with a cake.

Now I go every Friday night, and take lessons on Sunday afternoon. It's a fantastic activity.

Queen. Qvalador My brother Dazel was really into them, and I hated them. I kind of like them now, and I listen to like every song on the platinum edition greatest hits album thing.

My Little Pony, hahaha. I still like it a fair amount and thought Series 4 was way better than Series 3. Don't judge me hiss Though sometimes I do wish I had someone to ramble about with it who didn't really fit that Brony stereotype.

To be honest when it comes to things nowadays, I kind of know myself well enough to understand that the things I like and dislike are just going to be things which no-one else might be into. :') Such as my random obsession with Peppa Pig. Enjoying the things I like while knowing it's 'weird' doesn't really bother me massively so, I'm not really surprised that I like or dislike anything – if that makes any sense.

My first impressions of Dragonball Z, Super Mario RPG, and Earthbound were all somewhere on the scale from "this looks dumb" to "eh"... and then all three of them ended up on my list of favorite games/shows/etc. once I actually got around to them.

Swing dancing. A few of my friends started doing it least year, and they gradually started convincing more and more people to show up. I was asked for the first time around March of this year, and I was so vehemently opposed, not being a very good dancer, that I didn't go until May, when I was bribed with a cake.

Now I go every Friday night, and take lessons on Sunday afternoon. It's a fantastic activity.

Yes! Swing dancing (and really, any sort of "actually dancing with another person and doing actual steps, not just chaotically wiggling around" dancing) is pretty great. That's another thing I thought I wouldn't like but actually ended up liking a lot once I got into it, though in this case it was an "I don't think I'm able to do this" thing rather than not thinking I'd like it.

(I am physically incapable of doing any form of dancing that doesn't involve holding onto another person--I literally freeze up and become unable to do much of anything beyond just standing there super awkwardly and maybe shuffling my feet a little if I *really* force myself. Which for many years I mistook for "I can't do any dance faster than the basic very-slowly-sway-around-in-circles slow dance," only realizing in the last few years that it was the dancing-by-myself part that didn't work for me, not the speed. XD)

Back
Top Bottom