• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nutella

Haha, I do that. We (as in my housemates) made the terrible mistake of keeping the jar of Nutella by the toaster and microwave, meaning that whenever one of us was waiting for something to be cooked, they'd start eating the Nutella by itself and we'd have to buy a new jar every week XD

I am pretty sure I am the only person in my family who likes Nutella, so I can safely eat it out of the jar. Plus, it is something I can eat without pain.

I LUVA TEH NUTELLA

I eat it with my finger spoon. It's yummy-licious and totally deserving of every food award known to man and some known to monkey and dolphin.

Nutella is freaking amazing. It tastes quite lovely when spread on graham crackers (especially if you happen to have fluff, it's an instant smore)

But nothing beats eating it out of the jar.

No. [It's not a British thing.]
They sell it in the US, and- yeah no.

They sell it in some places in the US where some people might sometimes buy some of it.
In Britain, it is in every store, in some restaurants, most households, and most hotels that serve breakfast. In the UK, it thrives. It is a British thing.

I don't go for it, anyway, because I don't care for nuts or nutty flavors or any of that sort of stuff. Not allergic, just not fond, either.

Nutella is an Italian thing. Britain, France, and just about every other European country just love it.

Anyone know where I can pick up a jar in the US?

Nutella....how long has it been? I used to eat spoons of it, but it's been at least five years since. I know they carry it where I work. I have to remember to pick up my own jar of chocolately, nutty heaven.

Chocolate and nuts. As a spread. In a jar.

Oh my god it sounds so good but I've never seen it before in my life ; ;

My mom puts it on pancakes. It is love.

Nutella is an Italian thing. Britain, France, and just about every other European country just love it.

Anyone know where I can pick up a jar in the US?

It's relatively common where I am. They have it in the largest chain stores in town (Fred Meyer, may or may not be familiar to you, it's mainly a NW thing.) but it's available in more quantity and consistency in the largest health food stores (Trader Joes, ditto the Fred Meyer thing.)

If you can't find it at the regular grocery then try the "other" stores. Meaning not necessarily health food stores, but just not the gigantic plastic wrapped supermarkets of death.

Well, we don't have Trader Joe's around here. Whole Foods doesn't seem to have it. H-E-B (essentially Texas only) doesn't have it, neither does Central Market. (HEB's answer to Whole Foods) A tiny little market called Sun Harvest (dunno if they have stores outside of Central Texas) doesn't seem to have it either.

Most unfortunate.

Peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches. <3

Delicious, but you'll need a glass of milk or two to eat it.

I love how this means it's an Italian thing.

... It was funny okay.

(And Nutella IS kind of boring! I like Milky Way spread so much more, but I can't seem to find it.)

I love this stuff! I'll have it on sandwiches, biscuits, pancakes, crumpets, bananas, my fingers... I'm pretty sure I tried dipping chips in it once, but that's just me having odd tastes. It's better when it's warm, so we keep it next to the stove in winter.

Back
Top Bottom