• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

i'll get my sona by tomorrow, i swear D:

edit: [nothing]

edit 2: brb getting better picture

Last edited:
Apparently noone saw that I wanted to join...
Anyways, as I said above, I want to join. I like scribbling and stuff so yeah, I'll join. Now, I just have to draw my sonas (three of em, damnit) and post em. Hehehe

Ugh, I N33D to get my persona up. I just need to improve on the drawing of my humans...ugh, I'll get my persona up ASAP. >_<

oh man, sorry for not posting for a while, guys. I find it really tough to be active on forums for some reason!

In any case, hi to all the new members! Cal and Phyro, your 'sonas are really neat. :D

dragonair, that's a neat doodle! I like the Mawile tail, hahaha.

Ice, your lines are super-smooth and awesome, like last time. :3 It looks good! I'm really impressed with that hand, haha. It's a lot better than I could do.

As for my own drawings, I've just been keeping up the momentum of drawing one thing a day (though I missed two days out a while ago - I was really, really busy with my lizards those days).

The most recent thing I've drawn is here, Eusine and Morty. I don't particularly care for shippings, but it's a friend's birthday and I wanted to draw them something they liked. My Tsutarja also seems to be quite popular. o:

I dunno, maybe I should make an art thread. \o/

I have an art thread too now! Oh how exciting. Comments and criticism would be fun.

Bluwiikoon, your style is still amazing. The Morty/Eusine thing is adorable, the Shaymin is a nice touch, and the Tsutarja is also great, I adore the shading on it or some reason.

GAIZ How did this thread grow by, like, 5 pages while I've only been gone for two weeks?

But I'm totally in support for the OS awards night. There should be an Most Filled With Awesomesauce category! As for how it would go... Well, if you have two pictures, one being everyone just randomly standing around and not doing anything and the other being Dannichu destroying buildings with rainbow beams coming out of her mouth, then the second picture would win the prize.

And I think we can each draw a trophy because it'll all be in different styles and look awesome.

And stop changing your hairstyles, everyone! I already got to Kai in my comic thing (which will get scanned, I swear), and that was before the new ref came out, so he has short(er) hair.... And Dannichu has long hair. :( I hope you guys don't mind.

Will post more coherent comment tomorrow.

I am very sorry I haven't been very active here (I was just almost 100% away from the internet for over a week). But thank you all for your lovely feedback on my two random drawings :D It made me very happy and your advice was brilliant and very helpful!

As for my persona, as apparently you need it for the OS awards thingy, I'll get it up sometime today, I promise! ^^; Although it'll probably be in poor quality, I still haven't got a decent scanner...

And I think we can each draw a trophy because it'll all be in different styles and look awesome.

Idea! We could do a trophy like these, with one person drawing the big outline trophy and then lots of little mini-trophy-plaques drawn by different people?

Ice, the picture for your friend is cool - I love how flail-y she is - and that right of hand of hers stands out as pretty darn good. Her left one is a bit more awkward (looks like it's being held very stiffly) and the hands themselves are a little bit large in comparison to the head (though the amount of hair makes it difficult to judge, so), but the picture as a whole quite captures the motion of your, uh, bro.

Blu your Tsutarja is badass. He almost looks pimp-like. (Also the shading is pretty especially the highlights from the flaming background.)

Hallo to new members! And it's good to see so many personas coming in, too.

Idea! We could do a trophy like these, with one person drawing the big outline trophy and then lots of little mini-trophy-plaques drawn by different people?
Oooh, I do like this idea! It could make things a lot easier and give people less excuse to be lazy!

The most recent thing I've drawn is here, Eusine and Morty. I don't particularly care for shippings, but it's a friend's birthday and I wanted to draw them something they liked. My Tsutarja also seems to be quite popular. o:

I dunno, maybe I should make an art thread. \o/
The Grass dude is so awesome and badass, he looks all rough n' tumble, like he's SO much cooler than me. Which, he is. Loving the reflection of the fire, and the sunglasses... and the pose. And the EVERYTHING. God, you have a cool style.

On the Morty and Eusine one, the colouring and shading is excellent. I love the Shaymin flowers too, ahaha. The faces are a bit funny though. I know from experience how hard it is to draw a human face from the side... lips protrude outwards slightly, not inwards. And the eyes should be a bit more to the front to. The chin also should protrude a bit more outwards.

Doodle done. I'll be coloring it quickly.

EDIT: Oh it's huge. I'll link it.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2388/dragonairc.png

It's colored.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5783/dragonaircolor.png
It's nice, ahaha. However, the lower end is a bit too thick. A general rule of thumb is that serpentine creatures get thinner as you get to the tail.

Ughhh, still haven't got my persona ready yet circumstances circumstances.
Design's all done. I just need to get OldIce's farewell picture done and then draw NewIce for the first time

In the meantime; my style's been changing/improving/whatever.
Here's a picture I drew for a friend Bro's birthday
How does it look D:?
Like your folds shading. Much better than I could ever manage. However, the torso is too big for the legs. Especially the left leg which is... so small. Also, the lower half seems too thin and the neck too long. The left hand is excellent, but the right is a bit... strange looking. Good job though, good job! Sorry to be so rip-tear, it is hard to draw humans!

Thanks for all the comments and criticism, guys! man I am so terrible at human anatomy. I actually though the head/nose dipping in thing was just a quirk of anime stuff. o: SHOWS HOW MUCH I KNOW (not a lot). Some things (like not drawing the lipbumps) are just quirks of my style, too. I dunno what I have against lips, but... I just never draw them! probably a bad thing, I know.

@Spaekle: That is a pretty cool Croagunk! The shading and the colours are really nice. :D

@Green: Cool sona! that is the wolfiest dragon o: just work on smoothening out your lines a bit!

Okay, so I'm doing a comment & critique post.
(I suck at critiquing so badly, by the way.)

Wow. It's really beautiful. I love the sketchy style and the coloring and shading~

Pretty smooth outlines and shading. The only thing I can see is that on the feet, the highlights are kinda off. But good style~

Might want a bit more highlights in the eyes. But good shading and background~

Doesn't look made up to me. It looks really realistic~

I like your hands, feet, and attention to detail~

Even the unfinished sketchy refs look good to me~

Looks good~

Love the clothing folds~

Outline's shaky, but pretty good for a mouse drawing~

The most recent thing I've drawn is here, Eusine and Morty.
Aww. I like the Shaymin-flower-bouquet idea~

My Tsutarja also seems to be quite popular. o:
Awesome. That's all I have to say.

EDIT: forgot Spaekle.
Also awesome and good shading.

Last edited:
You know what, OS? I'm a terrible person. I said that I would make a halfway decent post as soon as I got my new laptop. I've already had it for two days now, and I only just remembered that I had to do this.

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for getting sonas drawn or dug up so quickly; I'm really looking forward to the OS awards night and I'm sure the rest of you are too.

Apparently noone saw that I wanted to join...
Anyways, as I said above, I want to join. I like scribbling and stuff so yeah, I'll join. Now, I just have to draw my sonas (three of em, damnit) and post em. Hehehe
Well then, let me see that you want to join and welcome you to the OS. Could we see some of your scribbles?
btw, You don't have to draw all three of them, just draw whichever one you prefer or whatnot.

I don't think we've had a sona like that at the OS before. It's quite unusual compared to the other various sonas scattered around. I bet it'll be great fun to draw!

. . .And I think we can each draw a trophy because it'll all be in different styles and look awesome.

And stop changing your hairstyles, everyone! I already got to Kai in my comic thing (which will get scanned, I swear), and that was before the new ref came out, so he has short(er) hair.... And Dannichu has long hair. :( I hope you guys don't mind.
Well excuse me for not getting a haircut since forever. Which I aught to do, now that I think about it.
I'm loving the comic every misfit step it takes further into it's seemingly random-ass storyline. Whatever goes is fine. c:

I'm totally supportive of this idea too. Plus it means that we can use it again in years to follow, if the OS is still around then.

So there we go, I'm done. Sorry it's still kinda half-assed and short.

Back
Top Bottom