• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers

First of all, thank you to everyone who commented on my picture.

Allroighty.

Since I don't know how the multi quote thing words since I fail...

@Mini-Moonwalker:
I like your picture, its very nicely done! The only thing I see wrong has already been pointed out. Overall its adorable. I'm sorry I suck at criticizing cartoons, as they aren't really my forte.

Yay, thank you! And that's quite alright. ^^ But, really; thanks! <3

So guyssss *pulls on everyone*

I know I haven't posted in a while but
I saw the thread for NaNo and that reminded me.
ArtMo is coming, guys! 8D

hmm . . . I don't know if I'll be doing ArtMo this year, but I suppose it'll depend on the amount of college stuff I've got over December.

For those who don't know; ArtMo is the OS' respons to NaNoWriMo, in which we attempt to do 31 drawings for each day of December. We've done it for two years now, so I guess it's a regular group activity now.

We've considered changing the rules slightly; Instead of having to draw one picture every day in December, we could change it to having to have a total of 31 pictures by the end of December, in order to compensate for days we're either a) unable to draw anything, b) forget to draw anything or c) can't be arsed to draw anything. This was bought back up for discussion back in the last OS but I can't recall if there was ever any decision made. So unless there was, let's raise it again.

Also, is there really nobody else who would want to be threadmin? If there's someone else who wants to be threadmin instead, I'd like to know. I wouldn't want to rob anyone else of the chance if they wanted to but didn't say so.

I might take part in ArtMo this year, although I think that the "31 drawings by the end of the month" rule is good, rather than one every day, because I am certain there'll be days where I can't be bothered, as I'm dreadful like that.

Kai for threadmin *Waves banner*

Wow, seeing as I joined this year I've never heard of the ArtMo.

But now I want to participate in it so badly. It seems like something that I'd love to do!

As for the Threadmin thing, you might not want to take a somewhat-new OS member and have to tell her what to do and make sure she's active and all that good crap <3 for a Threadmin, but if possible, I'd like to be one.

I've been wanting this rule change for ArtMo for a while, actually. Because that was always the thing that made me quit halfway through. Between school/holidays/travel/etc I didn't always have time to sit down and draw something decent enough to post on the internet every single day. This year it happens that I'll be dealing with semester exams in December too.

Though considering I'm in art school now I am drawing every day. Boring things that I'm sure no one here cares enough to see (the same still life over and over, for instance) but I am drawing!

It's that time of the year already?! Man, time passes fast.

That rule change would be very, very helpful. It would make life a lot easier since I can BS all the drawings on the last day.

Also, about OS Awards: since ArtMo is in December, maybe we should combine it somehow? Like, instead of drawing 31 pictures, we have to draw an epicgrouppic. Then we have to post different stages of our grouppic, from sketches to whatever comes after that. And the finished result is submitted to OS Award Night for judging. Or something.

AND since I seemed to have been ignored last time, one of the prizes for OS Awards Night should be Most Splattered With Awesomesauce, and that prize goes to whoever's picture that contains the most awesomeness. For example, random members standing around staring into space wouldn't get the award if it's competing against a picture of Dannichu shooting rainbow lasers from her mouth.

And there should be a Most ~Fabulous~ award for... something.

Just tossing out ideas.

And Spaekle, Spaekle, we wanna see your art! Your awesome artschool art! Show us~

And Spaekle, Spaekle, we wanna see your art! Your awesome artschool art! Show us~

yess show ussssss

yknow brains would also be nice

not that we need them immediately if you're doing something but we're hungry so if you already have some brains on you

that would be great

ANYWHO ArtMo sounds like something that would be fun but that I would mess up somehow. I'm all for it. And anyway, it's not like the rule change would be compulsory if someone wants to be a man and do it properly do it the old-fashioned way.

ideas for categories

Best Poses
Most Original
Funniest
Most In-joke-riddled
etc. etc.

Last edited:
Um, mind if I join? I love drawing, although I have a lot more enthusiasm than actual skill. Still working on it...

I like drawing insects, dragony critters and just toothy mutated monster things in general. I guess I'll throw out a link to my deviantart page for an example of the dumb shit I draw.

I also have a lot of stuff that I haven't got around to uploading yet. I procrastinate way too much on whether they're good enough to show or not.

...Yeah, that's about it I think. Looking forward to seeing all the cool art here~

We don't mind at all! The more members the merrier~ Welcome to OS! <3

Wow. Uhm, this isn't dumb crap, like, at all. I couldn't draw any of that to save my life. Wow. Just...wow.

Well, again, welcome! :D

Question: is there some sort of objection to having more than one threadmin? Considering how fast OS tends to grow and how well it's doing now that things are back on track, it seems like having more than one would lighten the load. What's with all the "don't want to take it from someone else" stuff?

lurkylurkylurk, etc.

also pterosaurs aren't dinosaurs D:

Hmm . . . There's no objection to having more than one threadmin, I suppose I just never considered the possibility.

hmm . . . I don't know if I'll be doing ArtMo this year, but I suppose it'll depend on the amount of college stuff I've got over December.

For those who don't know; ArtMo is the OS' respons to NaNoWriMo, in which we attempt to do 31 drawings for each day of December. We've done it for two years now, so I guess it's a regular group activity now.

We've considered changing the rules slightly; Instead of having to draw one picture every day in December, we could change it to having to have a total of 31 pictures by the end of December, in order to compensate for days we're either a) unable to draw anything, b) forget to draw anything or c) can't be arsed to draw anything. This was bought back up for discussion back in the last OS but I can't recall if there was ever any decision made. So unless there was, let's raise it again.
I already did this, really. I sort of cheated and instead of drawing a picture everyday, I'd draw two on one day and label one the last day's. Ahaha. So I mean, doesn't really seem like much of a change to me.

I'll probably attempt Artmo again. Last year, I failed at it so hard, ahaha. But I pretty much have like oodles of freetime. The only thing that would stop me is lack of motivation. I have enough ideas and things I could keep drawing to last a year.

It's that time of the year already?! Man, time passes fast.

That rule change would be very, very helpful. It would make life a lot easier since I can BS all the drawings on the last day.

Also, about OS Awards: since ArtMo is in December, maybe we should combine it somehow? Like, instead of drawing 31 pictures, we have to draw an epicgrouppic. Then we have to post different stages of our grouppic, from sketches to whatever comes after that. And the finished result is submitted to OS Award Night for judging. Or something.

AND since I seemed to have been ignored last time, one of the prizes for OS Awards Night should be Most Splattered With Awesomesauce, and that prize goes to whoever's picture that contains the most awesomeness. For example, random members standing around staring into space wouldn't get the award if it's competing against a picture of Dannichu shooting rainbow lasers from her mouth.

And there should be a Most ~Fabulous~ award for... something.

Just tossing out ideas.
I think we should keep Artmo and the Awards two separate events. To combine them sounds... confusing and overwhelming. I DO have an idea though. Maybe a specific day in Artmo would be devoted to drawing the picture? Or a week, maybe, if it takes SO long. A special... OS Day. And then like, the judging could be done someday soon...

Or we could avoid all of this by doing OS Awards Night before Artmo! Or after.

I like those categories, ahahar. But I think they need to be more... specific. Awesomesauce isn't really specific enough. I was thinking just something like Most Rainbowgasmic which is colourful.

Also @Blastoise since I didn't like, quote you and I'm too lazy to go back and do that whole multiquoting thing again: Good category ideas!

Oh and welcome to Byrus, yes, yes. Uh... something that rhymes with yes... um... may you have many a dress?

I already did this, really. I sort of cheated and instead of drawing a picture everyday, I'd draw two on one day and label one the last day's. Ahaha. So I mean, doesn't really seem like much of a change to me.

Haha, same. It makes sense, actually - the NaNoWriMo people have a month to write a specific number of words - they could do it in the first week. So the requirement of 31 pictures by the end of December at the latest makes a lot more sense.

I kind of, want to, you know, join, maybe, if it's okay?

I don't have a scanner, but I have a camera on my laptop, if you don't mind crappy quality. Also, the only image uploading site I know I can use right now is Flickr because of a parental blocker. Plus, links to DA, Photobucket, Imageshack, and Iaza are blocked, so I won't be able to see any pics from those sites. So, yeah, sorry for being so much trouble. :x

It's quite alright~! Welcome to Obsessive Scribblers! :D

Here's your welcome pack. *hands you art suppiles*

That's quite alright. As long as you post art we'll all love you. <3

Thanks for the welcome. :3
Btw, the camera on my laptop just stopped working, so my mom's going to let me use her scanner. And Flickr just got blocked, so she's also letting me use Photobucket. I'll have a picture up as soon as my mom gets home. Yay me. :D

Thanks for the welcome. :3
Btw, the camera on my laptop just stopped working, so my mom's going to let me use her scanner. And Flickr just got blocked, so she's also letting me use Photobucket. I'll have a picture up as soon as my mom gets home. Yay me. :D

Welcome for the welcome!

..w8 wut. Anyways...

Wow! How awesome! :D We can't wait to see your pictures! <3 OOH OOH OOH DRAW A CHARMANDER PLEEEAAASE. D:

.....Ahaha, kidding. Draw whatever you want! :D

Last edited:
also pterosaurs aren't dinosaurs D:

MY POINT EXACTLY. Kratos knows more about dinosaurs than I do. >.<
But Kratos draws awesome dragons and reptiles and stuff, so pterodactyls should be part of his specialty.

Hello there, Byrus. Welcome and stuffs. I like your wispy picture; it is quite wispy. The creatures you draw are pretty darn detailed, too; I wouldn't have enough patience for that kind of things.

Also, Nemac, welcome~
Your parental blocker thing seems to be overreacting; since your mom lets you use photobucket, maybe you can try convincing her to let you use all the other image sharing services instead? And if all else fails, you can upload pictures on to TCoDf as well.

@Arylett: Good point there. Combining them does sound too much... ALSO, IDEA: OS Awards Night should be held on the day the original OS thread was created, as a celebration for its birthday!

Although it does mean that Awards night will happen about a year from now, since the birthday seem to be three days ago...

lurklurklurk

Back
Top Bottom