• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Obsessive Scribblers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dannichu said:
Aww, colouring's something you just really have to practice and have patience with. The smaller the picture, the easier, I think; I hate colouring massive blocks, especially if it's all the same colour (which is why I never draw backgrounds). And, I think, the more colours you use, the better it'll look.

Same here. It's hard to make all the lines go in one general direction and not make then break in the middle when coloring large blocks; if you somehow mess up, it's really easy to see.

Paint Bucket tool/Fill tool FTW.

Oooh! Arylett has downloaded Paint.NET.

She likes it. A lot. It's got Paint's simplicity (and easy-to-draw-outlines-with-ness) with GIMP's pretty tools like Transparency and the Wand~ But it seems to lack an airbrush. D= Nooo, not the airbrush! I use that a lot.

Paint.NET is awesome.

I've heard about the wonders of the airbrush, but I never used it before, since I don't have any great computer art programs... Maybe I should go find some random demo version of some expensive art program or something. Hmm...

Answering Eclipse's question... I usually draw whatever I'm currently obsessed in, Linoones, wings, flying things (birds, airplanes, dragons, etc.), and random Pokemon.

Sometimes I'll start to add on hair and whatnot, and a lot of the time they'll end up looking a lot better than things I worked really hard on. :(

I KNOW >,< Don't you just hate it when that happens? I would draw on my homework (bad habit. GO AWAY MOM) and the picture will turn out to be more awesome than usual. But I'll have to erase it because it's on my homework. That's why I usually keep a small pile of scratch paper on my table so when I have an urge to doodle, I can actually keep the art if it ends up to be good.

I KNOW >,< Don't you just hate it when that happens? I would draw on my homework (bad habit. GO AWAY MOM) and the picture will turn out to be more awesome than usual. But I'll have to erase it because it's on my homework. That's why I usually keep a small pile of scratch paper on my table so when I have an urge to doodle, I can actually keep the art if it ends up to be good.
So I wasn't the only one? xDD
But for me, it's my school notes. Luckily the teachers never check, so I can doodle as often as I want. :D

Also, I was thinking about making an audio skit featuring all the members of the OS. You don't have to give me samples of your voice or anything, since I could edit my own voice to make it seem different from the rest.
Then again, I need your permission to do this. Or better yet, I won't do it at all, if you want. |D

In response to Eclipse's question: I draw myself. A lot. In weird crazy clothes. I used to not draw me that much, but now I find me drawing me very increasingly. And Pokémon and dogs. Lots of dogs. Birds too, I like to draw birds and wings.

I would do the voice thing! With my OWN voice even~ You don't have to imitate me, I love recording crazyawesome things~ And there's several in the voice thread.

Yaay~ You'd make a great addition Arylett. Thanks. :D

Zora, your voice is really, really awesome. It's like a voice I'd expect in a movie or something. :DDDDDD

EDIT:
Concerning the skit, and assuming that 1/3 of the club could participate, I should go and make the skit now... Oh, and to give a feel of what the skit is going to be about, I shall give you a sentence about it:
USE THE HOLY HAND GRENADE
Well... eh... ^^;

Last edited:
Zora, your voice is really, really awesome. It's like a voice I'd expect in a movie or something. :DDDDDD
You mean that? It always seems to sound too deep for a girl when I hear it. :/

You mean that? It always seems to sound too deep for a girl when I hear it. :/
No, not as in those pretty models with the most puffiest hair in the world, but like those sort of gruff women who seem to have the best lines in the world. :D
Okay, that did not make much sense. Please ignore me. D:

I can't seem to find the voice thread, mostly because I think I'm going into the wrong forum. Help?

No, not as in those pretty models with the most puffiest hair in the world, but like those sort of gruff women who seem to have the best lines in the world. :D
Okay, that did not make much sense. Please ignore me. D:

I can't seem to find the voice thread, mostly because I think I'm going into the wrong forum. Help?
Well, I can't argue with that. x3

And I think you want this thread. >>

Sometimes I even find myself doing homework, writing down the wrong thing in pen, and getting annoyed when I realize I can't just hit the 'undo' button this time. :c
I've been into traditional colouring for a while now, and at first I hated it because I kept making mistakes but now when I use a shade that's darker than what I wanted or if the colours start bleeding I'm all 'ffuuuuccckk' and just grab the right shade and scribble like crazy, or I draw something over it to camouflage my mistake.

Which reminds me...
I wonder if Photoshop has the airbrush. That'd be epic in a sort.
Yep, Photoshop has the airbrush. It's kind of hard to find, but it's there.

Oh speaking of which, what do you guys draw often? I tend to like making really fuzzy hair, or practice eyes. Other then that, I doodle. :D
Nazis. And gays. Also men, or politicians. Often combinations of these things :v
Oh and I like to do portraits and caricatures if someone's blind enough to ask for some.
And I do comics a lot, I guess.

But for me, it's my school notes. Luckily the teachers never check, so I can doodle as often as I want. :D

Also, I was thinking about making an audio skit featuring all the members of the OS. You don't have to give me samples of your voice or anything, since I could edit my own voice to make it seem different from the rest.
Then again, I need your permission to do this. Or better yet, I won't do it at all, if you want. |D
I once drew Hitler cutting himself with a rainbow shooting out of his wrist on my English paper on Animal Farm because I was bored/distracted, but luckily my teacher didn't bat an eyelid :v

Audio skit is go. Here's me talking about fashion or whateverrrr i am the coolest guy

I do that too! School notes, class worksheets, homework... If you look closely, you can see eraser and pencil marks on most of my work. It is a good thing that teachers never check my notes.

Eclipse said:

EDIT:
Concerning the skit, and assuming that 1/3 of the club could participate, I should go and make the skit now... Oh, and to give a feel of what the skit is going to be about, I shall give you a sentence about it:
USE THE HOLY HAND GRENADE
Well... eh... ^^;

YES. JOINAGE PL0X.

.... I would give you a voice sample if I know how to record voices. Err... Help?

I agree with Eclipse about your voice, Zora! It sounds exactly like she described! Oooh, awesomenocitycool.

And whooo, Linoone, you have some voice on you! I really like it. You sound cute. (I know, this sounds sort of weirdly phrased. But uhh, Arylett says things weird.)

Putin's voice is sweetenocity. I like it~

Also umm, voice sample here. PREPUBESCENT BOY. Wheee, at least I'll be a funny-sounding addition to the team! I do my own voice acting, hmm.

To stay on topic, Zora's cake picture makes me snacker so much. X3

Last edited:
Don't have any way to record my voice....but I sound kinda young, angry, odd....and a girl...

Will you upload it to youtube?

I guess I could do this with my unmanly voice. :c There are some clips of me in the voice thread; one where I'm reciting a daffodils poem and another one where I'm talking about a snickers bar or something. It's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom