• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

PETA's Pokemon parody

Equinoxe

has a BONE to pick with you
So no one's posted this yet? It's a short game... and, well, just play it yourself.

It's actually kind of weird that they haven't done something like this before. I'm really interested in seeing how Nintendo reacts to this.

I'm personally not sure whether this... thing is hilarious or plain stupid, but what do you people think about this?

finally someone brings this up.

This is crap. I realize what they want to do hear, but it is a video game. It is a waste of time for PETA to do this. No animals are actually harmed. and i doubt peta has actually looked into pokemon that deeply

What about those little kids who search Pokemon in a search engine and this comes up. What are they going to think. This is over the line and excessive. I guarantee there will be a lawsuit over this.

I love (note: HATE) how it says "We support Team Plasma!" on some of their logos.

Team Plasma was meant to not be a representative of Pokemon cruelty, but rather a warning to blind faith and obedience, as well as intolerance.

Last edited:
I haven't played it. Frankly, I don't want to play it, even if I know it's a whole bunch of bullshit. I've seen the pictures on Tumblr, I've seen enough.

Looking at those pictures? They actually made me feel sick to my stomach. I'm not entirely sure why, since I don't react badly to most things; they'll make me sad, of course, but not to the level of sick-to-my-stomach-horror that that did.

I wish PETA would focus their money and other resources into stuff that wasn't this kind of parody of things that are perfectly fine.

I found it kind of amusing, to be honest! It's not like anyone, but PETA, takes PETA seriously. And guessing from the game itself, at least someone on the team had played a game or two. The Slowpoke was the best! :D!

Also, the game is a parody, which have very different copyright laws around them! So, like PETA's Cooking Mama and Mario games, there's not much legal action that can be done. Or so I think, I'm too lazy to fact check.

my favourite part is the "don't you remember that we didn't actually care about pokemon liberation? it was a huge plot twist!" speech ghetsis gives

my favourite part is the "don't you remember that we didn't actually care about pokemon liberation? it was a huge plot twist!" speech ghetsis gives

Which brings some negative continuity.

During the Ghetsis battle, he did in fact claim team plasma didn't care at all for Pokemon's well being. But at the end, after the Ash-dressed-as-a-deranged-Uncle-Sam-who-wanted-to-use-Pikachu-solely-for-getting-money-off-of-it battle, Slowpoke comes and says there's a new team called Team Plasma who fights for good.

Except that Team Plasma was already established and made and is a team that doesn't want to protect Pokemon.

Anyway, I hate the message the game was trying to reach (re: Pokemon are being abused and Pokemon is about abusing Pokemon!), but I did enjoy playing through it, since it was animated... nicely?

But Cheren being a drunk? Bad PETA, baaaaaaad. and they totally copied that idea off of kyoko

Definitely a nicely animated game. All I can say positively, other than that, it's all the aforementioned and unneeded things about PETA going too far and being stupid

just one more chapter of PETA fanatically missing the point and making them look like a parody of themselves even more than they already do

Why do they portray the Professor as evil? Shouldn't a scientist like her be a cool explorer type? Or the kind that watches animals, tries to communicate with them and makes an awesome documentary about them. Not an evil doctor. Oh, and that kind of person wouldn't use perfume as a weapon.

I have to admit, I was surprised at how 'thoroughly researched' the game was. Though the account was horribly biased and ignorant, at least someone took the time to (presumably) play through, or at the very least, read up on Pokémon plotlines? Never had any experience with PETA though, so I was expecting it to just be humans going for Pikachu with a hatchet, with no consistency with the Pokémon universe.

PETA really do know how to kick up a fuss over nothing.

I have to admit, I was surprised at how 'thoroughly researched' the game was. Though the account was horribly biased and ignorant, at least someone took the time to (presumably) play through, or at the very least, read up on Pokémon plotlines? Never had any experience with PETA though, so I was expecting it to just be humans going for Pikachu with a hatchet, with no consistency with the Pokémon universe.

PETA really do know how to kick up a fuss over nothing.

Excepting, of course, Ash's lines about 'not caring if Pikachu wanted out of his poké ball' or caring about him, etc.

I found it kind of amusing, to be honest! It's not like anyone, but PETA, takes PETA seriously. And guessing from the game itself, at least someone on the team had played a game or two. The Slowpoke was the best! :D!
Pretty much this.

The drunken Cheren and crazed professor Juniper definitely got a laugh out of me. I have to admit that I do like the evil Ash's design too. I don't see the point in getting offended over it really, it's just so over the top and silly.

Haha, it's anything BUT thoroughly researched. I suppose the amount of effort put in on their part (and still producing something so shockingly rubbish) amused me greatly.

Back
Top Bottom