• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia II - ALIEN WIN

Re: Pokémafia II - Day 1

Okay, then! The crowd ascends on... nobody! Because nobody managed to produce any relevant details. Officer Jenny will be most displeased.

24 hours for night actions, go.

Re: Pokémafia II - Night 1

The sun rises over Celadon City. And it seems in these silly games of backstabbing and revenge, that's always a bad sign. Today is no exception. Certainly enough, early morning wails chimed and resonated throughout the entire city as yet another bloodied corpse is found duct taped to a lounge chair on the department store rooftop square.

Officer Jenny appeared in an instant to identify the battered remains as what used to be Walker. There is a sign of sorts nailed into his back: "This IS your future". Ouch.

She's growing impatient, so it'd be wise to start figuring out whodunit before she places the entire city under arrest!

SUMMARY:

• Walker is now dead. He was not mafia.
  • You have 48 hours to decide on a lynch, or until a majority vote is reached.
  • It is now day 2.

Re: Pokémafia II - Day 2

Oh, my. Poor Walker. :(

Anyway, I dunno. I don't think this is very indicative of anything either, to be honest. So again, unless somebody with information wants to reveal it, we don't really have anything to go on.

I am led to believe that Walker was either making the game interesting, or doing something important preventing us from all dying instantly. probably the former, really.

because vixie's reactions to last night. and derpiness.

I mean, yes, it is fairly likely that she was being misleading, but.

Last edited:

well, let's look at Walker's first post:

Walker said:
Well, I wouldn't say it's nonindicative, really. It tells us that either the mafia is experienced enough to know who's likely to get healed and not attack them, or was very new and had no idea who to target, doing so at random. Both seem equally likely to me.

this suggests to me, now that Walker is dead, that the mafia is indeed experienced enough to know who a good player is and to kill them off first. But! this is only my second game ever of mafia, so I'd appreciate someone else's input, too. Maybe I'm going in the wrong direction here, I don't know.

I don't know if I'm a good enough mafia player to be able to read into it - it could be an experienced mafia killing who they perceive to be a good player, or more of a newbie mafia killing someone they think is onto them?

I don't know if I'm a good enough mafia player to be able to read into it - it could be an experienced mafia killing who they perceive to be a good player, or more of a newbie mafia killing someone they think is onto them?

If it is the later, no one has accused anyone yet. But even a new player could tell Walker's experience.

Either way, whether a new or experienced mafia came to the conclusion of offing Walker because he seemed to know what he was talking about, that still doesn't give us too many leads... >: Hrm.
At this point we'd need some kind of incriminating dialogue or some knowledge of personal vendettas or something... I'm a nab at this but I don't see how much could be gleaned from what's happened so far.

Well.. There's still not much to say for me, but I guess personally I see two possibilities.. One is the obvious, someone who knows what they're doing, maybe/probably someone from the #mafia channel regulars. That narrows things down a bit.. but not really enough, and it wouldn't be in our favour to start offing the experienced players hoping to strike a lucky hit.
The other is, an inexperienced mafia who got lucky with Espeon - or alternately, has been around the block enough to have a tag on some of the better players.
Now.. here's the thing I find a bit off. sreservoir posted that log of players off the channel, assuming we were dealing with the former option - but that log as good as gave a decent hitlist, meaning if an inexperienced player /did/ get that lucky first kill, they now know who might be a good target. For me this sort of emboldens the assumption of the latter case.. but it's also nowhere near conclusive. :/ And now all I'm doing is running in circles.

well, it still doesn't mean anything about who's /good/ at it, it's just a list of people who have been there? (which apparently doesn't include a lot of people I thought it did. hrml.)

Well, since nobody else is going to take the initiative, I will. We need to lynch someone; I say Flora and Ashes, since we have nothing better to go on and she doesn't really seem to be participating.

hmm.. You just randomly declare you want to lynch someone. Suspicious. Very Suspicious. Especially when no one has said anything regarding leads against everyone.

Butterfree.

Maybe I should make a list of people who haven't posted.

NWT
Flora and Ashes
Verne
Big Red Cherry Bomb
MidnightSaboteur

Uh. Yeah. Butterfree sounds a little suspicious. Especially randomly accusing Flora. I think I'll lynch her. Butterfree.

I'm not sure though. After all, that doesn't automatically make her mafia.

Well, since nobody else is going to take the initiative, I will. We need to lynch someone; I say Flora and Ashes, since we have nothing better to go on and she doesn't really seem to be participating.

Why Flora? She's not the only one who hasn't posted here yet.

But at the same time I don't know if that makes you suspicious to me. >:/ The "first to accuse" thing is so obvious that mafia would never be first to accuse... or would they, knowing people think it's too obvious? Augh, this is why I'm no good at this. x: You, on the other hand, probably are. Because I mean, that is such an obvious flounder.

tl;dr why flora, I'm still stumped

Flora because why not Flora? I just picked somebody at random who hadn't posted. It's not like we're going to lynch all of them. Come on. We have to start lynching someone, and then it might as well be somebody who isn't participating. If you think somebody else is better, I'll go along with it, sure! But don't go all "WHOAMG WHY FLORA THIS IS SUSPICIOUS?!"

:T Hrm.

I guess lynching someone would pick up the action a little bit and maybe give us more details, even if it were at random...
... but if I have to pick someone to lynch I think I'll hold my vote until a bit later. I feel bad picking random people and the first to accuse thing doesn't have much to it either, I don't think.

First of all, Butterfree, I'd like to point out that I'm sixteen and kinda in school half the day. Plus extracurricular activities and chores and homework and siblings, so it takes me a while to get on here.

In all honesty, though, choosing to lynch someone for lack of postage isn't all that "suspicious"; I've been in Mafia games on the pre-explosion forums that resulted in quite a few rand-lynches, and I think the general opinion when doing these isn't "i have to find someone random to lynch so they won't suspect me" so much as "if we're going to lynch someone, why don't we lynch someone who isn't really contributing to discussion?"

well, that's my two cents anyway; I refuse to nominate/second any nominations right now because the only evidence is either lack of posting or random nomination, and to be honest neither of those are incriminating evidence.

Sres - That's true.. but it's still people with experience. Bah, I dunno though.. I should really hang around there myself some time.

Guys, I'm not convinced in the slightest of Butterfree. :/ If she hadn't nominated /who would have/, and would /they/ have been immediately nominated? The fact is we have nothing to go on, but abstaining every night isn't a particularly good idea either, so if nothing else we can thin the herd a little cutting off the people who aren't particularly active.

Now Flora.. I feel for the time constraints, but it's true you haven't posted at all, so it makes sense you would be looked at. You only come in to say you have school - this means you can't post /at all/? Hell, even if to say you have no idea. To be perfectly honest, that in itself casts some glare on you. I'm afraid I'm going to have to continue Butterfree's nomination - so Nominate Flora

Back
Top Bottom