• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Black and White

Re: Pokémon Black and White

So I just got back from Celestial Tower and I'm about to take on Skyla's gym. My current team:

Slynella [Servine] (F)
Shepard [Stoutland] (M)
Krieg [Zebstrika] (M)
Hope [Scolipede] (F)
Devi [Liepard] (F)
Andrea [Palpitoad] (F)

All level 34.

As for my PC:

Zonsun [Panpour] (M)
Charlotte [Joltik] (F)
Ma [Yamask] (F)
Seta [Sandile] (F)
Mito [Solosis] (M)

I also plan to catch a Litwick, Archen, Axew, Rufflet, and Deino whenever I get around to them. I already have Archen's fossil (Plume Fossil, was it?), but I'm too lazy to go back to the museum. Should I train any of these Pokemon in place of my current team?

So I just got back from Celestial Tower and I'm about to take on Skyla's gym. My current team:

Slynella [Servine] (F)
Shepard [Stoutland] (M)
Krieg [Zebstrika] (M)
Hope [Scolipede] (F)
Devi [Liepard] (F)
Andrea [Palpitoad] (F)

All level 34.

As for my PC:

Zonsun [Panpour] (M)
Charlotte [Joltik] (F)
Ma [Yamask] (F)
Seta [Sandile] (F)
Mito [Solosis] (M)

I also plan to catch a Litwick, Archen, Axew, Rufflet, and Deino whenever I get around to them. I already have Archen's fossil (Plume Fossil, was it?), but I'm too lazy to go back to the museum. Should I train any of these Pokemon in place of my current team?

Ditch the Liepard, it usually gets OHKO'd by everything. Replace it with Litwick, Chandelure decimates everything with Shadow Ball. Be sure to have Flash Fire for the ability, though, because Flame Body gets extremely redundant with Will-o-wisp and Inferno. Switch something out for Solosis, Reuniclus can take at least three Crunches before it hits red.

I love that remix so much. It's really fantastic and I wish it wasn't only on the CD.

So Victory Road DEFINITELY annoyed me. And then I accidentally went into the E4 with a terribly underleveled team. :P
I am training them all up to 50.
Zoroark 48
Pawniard 44
Larvesta 38
Serperior 46
Gigalith 43
Unfezant 43

(And the GTS is stricter and will also block based on substrings and doesn't even care if your Pokémon's name isn't a nickname—i.e. English Cofagrigus and Pineco get rejected without a nickname.)

That's weird... I got a Cofagrigus without a nickname over the GTS just today and it wasn't rejected or anything. The OT is English, too...

Anyway, I managed to get myself a Huntail and Darksong gave me a Vullaby in trade for a Rufflet, so now I'm training the Huntail, Crashwater, with a Lucky Egg. I have a Braviary named Firesky already, and I'm planning to make my vulture Stormsky act as a sort of counterpart. I need to train her 26 more levels first. :U

At this point in the game I think I'll just be training random Pokémon I think are cool.

Or just failing to remember the english name.

Calling most-recent-gen things by their Japanese name is failing to remember their English name. Calling four/five-year-old things by their Japanese name is either living under the metaphorical rock or being stubborn.

(I don't want to argue any further on this. But I find it difficult to believe that anyone who cares about Pokemon enough to have learned the Japanese name of a Pokemon - by which it pretty much hasn't been popularly called for four-plus years - can't remember its English name unless they just don't want to remember it.)

-If you are willing to spend the time, get a new Chandelure. With Will-'o-wisp, Flame Body is redundant. Get Flash Fire instead, it really helps when N's Reshiram spams Fusion Flame.

Actually, Reshiram's Turboblaze negates Flash Fire; so, Fusion Flame would still hit... Considering a majority of N's Pokemon is physical, Flame Body is good.

So after taking that advice and fiddling around a bit to keep some type coverage, this is the team I'm level grinding up to level 36:

Mito [Solosis] (M) Lv. 25
Charlotte [Joltik] (F) Lv. 25
Crystal [Litwick] (F) Lv. 26
Slynella [Servine] (F) Lv. 34
Shepard [Stoutland] (M) Lv. 34
Andrea [Palpitoad] (F) Lv. 34

MY TEAM :D I have a somewhat large team because I'm weird and like a lot of pokemon!

darmanitan Sassy, lv 68; flare blitz, superpower, u-turn, bulldoze
sawsbuck Jolly, lv 65; double edge, jump kick, megahorn, horn leech
galvantula Mild, lv 68; thunder, bug buzz, volt switch, energy ball
sigilyph Mild, lv 71; psychic, shadow ball, flash cannon, fly
seismitoad Adamant, lv 66; surf, drain punch, bulldoze, strength
starmie Timid, lv 71; psychic, surf, ice beam, flash cannon
Scrafty Mild, lv 66; crunch, head smash, hi jump kick, dragon claw
heracross adamant, lv 69; bulldoze, close combat, megahorn, aerial ace
excadrill Mild, lv 70; x-scissor, metal claw, earthquake, rock slide

I still need to beat the league a second time, but otherwise I've completed the plot. Also I love alternating their moves for whoever I'm about to battle since tms are reusable! Starmie gets thunderbolt sometimes and flash cannon other times, sigilyph gets charge beam sometimes, etc! So fun.

Before I went to fight the Elite Four, I got the aforementioned Rufflet from my sister and trained him to level 54 to evolve him. Everyone else I raised a few levels to 50, and I threw King off my team for Edward (the Rufflet; it was my sister's idea, but she said he reminded her of the State Alchemist for some reason). Then I challenged the E4... I think all that level grinding made it too easy.

So now I'm at Reshiram... and I caught it with my first Quick Ball. I was really surprised, to be honest. It's the Pokemon of Truth, according to my sister, so I couldn't resist calling it Wrath (another Fullmetal Alchemist reference...).

Now to fight N, with no hints because my sister went to bed early. Let's do this!
(No, N, my Pokemon are not hurt! D:<)

Reshiram Wrath (X) Lv 50: DragonBreath, Slash, Extrasensory, Fusion Flare
Gigalith Gaia (M) Lv 50: Rock Slide, Strength, Stealth Rock, Bulldoze
Braviary Edward (M) Lv 54: Fly, Aerial Ace, Crush Claw, Tailwind
Leavanny Semi (F) Lv 50: Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Leaf Blade
Durant 17 (M) Lv 51: X-Scissor, Crunch, Iron Head, Dig
Serperior Marta (F) Lv 50: Coil, Aerial Ace, Leech Seed, Giga Drain

(After this, I'm training some Pokemon that I'd previously just thrown in the PC box, including a few Bug-types.

What, now I have to fight Ghestis? Come on...

Last edited:

Okay so, Mito the Solosis didn't work out, mainly because he is the slowest Pokemon ever. Seriously, he's level 27 and has a speed of 20. Also, I realized that it would be handy to have a Flying type, especially for Fly, so that I don't stay in one city and take forever to walk everywhere. After realizing that I had a spare Plume Fossil lying around, this is my new team that I am still level grinding:

Quetz [Archen] (M)
Charlotte [Joltik] (F)
Crystal [Litwick] (F)
Slynella [Servine] (F)
Andrea [Palpitoad] (F)
Shepard [Stoutland] (M)

I totally freaked out when I tried to teach Quetz Fly and he couldn't, sending me into a panic for about an hour until I got home and looked up Archeops on Veekun. Thankfully, it can use Fly. Disaster averted.

So I just got my final badge and battled Cheren at the bridge on route 10. Gah I can't believe I got through this game so quickly! I don't wanna be done XP

I trained a bit too well though I was always about three or four levels above each gym and yet would still train up a bit more just for safety. The one exception was the bug gym, because there was no good place to train that was near the pokemon center. (BIG MISTAKE, I just BARELY won with one pokemon left. Damn he is badass, don't underestimate him just because he's a bug user).

For example by the time I got to the final city(I have not memorized the names yet), my team was level 46 and the dragon gyms strongest pokemon is level 43. But I trained up to level 50 still. I had a new team member to train anyway, a level 28 cubchoo I caught in Twisted mountain all the way to a level 50 Beartic. Technically only level 48 where the rest of my team was then it fell in with the rotation. I train my teams at the same time(I get one pokemon to a level them switch them to the bottom and get the next one to the same new level and so on).

I guess I tend to make it too easy for myself hehe, I did the same thing in my pearl.
But yeah I am going to not play my Black for a bit, slow down on it hehe.

Last edited:

so I just got a critical capture where the ball shook once and then the Pokémon escaped
um

so I just got a critical capture where the ball shook once and then the Pokémon escaped
um
yeah, if i remember correctly a critical capture is similar to a critical hit. it doesn't guarantee 100% the pokemon will be caught (or in the case of a critical hit, it doesn't guarantee 100% the pokemon will be knocked out.) there's a possiblity i'm wrong though. i can't ALWAYS be perfect......

NAME: Boss
Ace Trainer, m
ELITE 4 GATES
BADGES: 8
NATURE: Serious
POKEDEX: 85
MONEY: $84,334 i'm poor now lol
TAGLINE: I am COOL! I'm pleased to meet you.
510.png

Adachi lv 44 / M @lucky egg
Jolly - Quick tempered.
497.png

Sweet Bro lv 48 / M @miracle seed
Lax - Capable of taking hits.
523.png

DOGMA lv 48 / F @shell bell
Naughty - Likes to relax.
finally learned wild charge. EVERYBODY DIE
537.png

Gero lv 48 / M @soft sand
Serious - Alert to sounds.
531.png

Dieter lv 46 / M @light clay
Lonely - Very finicky.
high hp AND reflect? pink blobby defense go!

609.png

Reginald lv 46 / M @amulet coin
Docile - Highly curious.

Back
Top Bottom