• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[Death Canyon] Porygon-Z (-)
Ability: Download
Signature Attribute: Abnormal Programming

It's well known that all Porygon-Zs tend to have some major glitch in their programming somewhere. While most Porygon-Zs malfunction the same way due to the Dubious Disks being coded by Silph Co., some ambitious trainers attempt to code the Dubious Disks themselves to save money. Sometimes, skilled programmers create absolutely flawless Porygon-Zs with 999 in all stats (those are usually confiscated by the League). However, most usually end up malfunctioning in some manner or the other.

In an attempt to save money, Crazy Linoone has decided to try this "coding" thing for itself. Sadly, one year of AP Computer Science class is not exactly good enough for the complex coding Porygon-Zs require, and, as such, Death Canyon has some strange bugs. Some Doubles got turned into Integers and some Integers into Booleans; toss in a few typos, wrongly declared variables, and bad logic here and there, you've got yourself a Porygon-Z with Type Mismatch Errors. Linoone, being an awesome programmer, fixed those mistakes not by going back through the code but by writing a few lines (or three or five hundred) of code that suppressed these error messages. As such, all of Death Canyon's normal-type attacks change with Death Canyon's current type.

But hey, at least no error messages are popping up, right?

Effects: All of Death Canyon's moves that are Normal Type under regular conditions are always the same type Death Canyon currently is. For example, if Death Canyon uses Conversion and turns into a Steel Type, its Tackle is now Steel Typed as well. If the Steel-Typed Death Canyon gets hit by Soak and turn into a Water Type, its Tackle attack will now also be Water Type.

(geddit abnormal programming hahaha I'm so punny *shot*)

[Helium] Delibird (F)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Signature Attribute: White

Part I

white
there is no other colour
so deadly
so inviting
so eternal
as white

to the horizon
there are protrusions
of rock, perhaps
of ice
they are all
without exception
without variation
white
as the midnight moon

but white
against the frozen whiteness
sleeps an avian
all but head
and antlers
buried beneath the snow
she breathes
in
out
in
out
forming puffs of white
against the frozen whiteness

Part 2

the fowl stirs
roused by a force
hunger
thirst
cold
she lifts her head
to the moon
and sighs
with a breath of frost

she brushes off
some frost
some ice
some snow
and wobbles
to the lake

keeping her wings
layered with frost
wrapped around her
for warmth
for protection
for comfort
she sees the depression
white
gleaming
reflecting the illuminating
moon

she draws on her power
pits ice against ice
snow against snow
frost against frost
and makes a small hole
she dives
and returns
with food
in her mouth
in her bag

she turns
returns
to her place
of loneliness
of hardship
of frost

she eats
nibbles
pecks, and
with full stomach
with full morale
with full resolve
decides
to head South

Part 3

she opens her wings
to ascend
but fails
she flaps
but her wings are
too cold
too stiff
too disused

she sets a Blizzard
with roaring North winds
to help her on her way
she flaps
glides
crashes
rises
coasts
sags
soars
lands
flies
sinks
across the barren lands

all around
to the horizon
is the white
of snow
of ice
of the moon

Part 4

the Sun
the embodiment of Moltres
rising
warming
setting
painting the sky yellow
pink
red

white is no longer white
but yellow
with grey
with some green

now lies before the brave
valiant
noble
penguin
a sea
which separates
white
snow
ice
from
green
trees
berries

and she shows no hesitation
before ascending
gliding
diving
swimming
from white
snow
ice
to the land of
Asber

Effects: Since Helium had to use ice-based attacks break the ice on the pond so that she could fish, while living in the North, she is more adept at using them and thus can do 2% more damage with Ice-type attacks before all modifiers. However, she was inhibited from correct flight during that same period of crucial development, and therefore does 2% less with Flying-type attacks after all modifiers.

Signature Move: The Driving Wind

On her journey to Asber (read above), Helium was restricted from flying freely due to the extreme cold. She devised a method to give her a Tailwind on demand despite not knowing the move Tailwind so that she could glide South.

Type: Ice | Special | Part I: 120 base power | Target: Part I: Foe field; Part II: Ally field | Accuracy: Part I: 70%, up to 100% in Hail; Part II: 100% | Energy: 9% | Duration: Part I: 1 action, Part II: 4 actions

Helium summons a snowstorm with an unusually strong driving wind. The first part of the move is a ordinary Blizzard (but to be strengthened according to the signature attribute). The second part is equivalent to a Tailwind, which doubles allies' speed for 4 actions.

Usage Gap: 2 rounds (fine with upping this to 3 rounds if so desired)
--
I loved writing the poem. And now I have a reason for naming her Helium, beyond colours :D

Last edited:

Iii dunno about that last question; you'll have to ask Negrek about it.
Seems okay, except for the usage gap - constantly banning moves would give you a huge upper hand, there. Make the usage gap say... three rounds?

I think I recall a ruling on that WRT moves gained from businesses. (if not, that just means I have to take a bunch of exp and evolve Puff. but that would be too expensive.)

longer usage gap, you say? this should give a gap equivalent to three rounds when the move executes properly. or did you mean three rounds after?

[Puff] drifloon (f) <Unburden>

Drifloon are not really tricksters; there isn't much point in trickery when you're floating aimlessly somewhere in the middle of nowhere, after all. Drifloon working with trainers often pick up a bit of what their ghostly nature makes trivial, but little more.

Naturally, then, if some half of your teammates are almost archetypal tricksters, you're in for some "fun" -- for them, at least. Puff does not find that fun. (Puff does not find much fun in anything, really.) Thus, Puff would prefer that others stop having their fun -- by sealing off the moves with a ghostly curse she developed independently, both negating the move reactively, and preventing the move proactively.

Turns out that ruining others' fun is quite useful in a battle.

Move modification: Stop Having Fun!

Type: Ghost / Stat: other / Energy: 6% / Accuracy: -- / Target: single / Duration: three actions.

This move can only be used (out of turn) when another pokémon attempts to use a move, and cannot be used if Puff has already performed a move this action. The execution of that pokémon's move is negated, and Puff foregoes the action she would have otherwise taken. For the next three actions or until Puff leaves the field, no pokémon can use the negated move.

This effect of this move can be blocked by Detect and Protect, and reflected by Magic Coat, if the execution is not negated by this move. The effect of this move is blocked by Quick Guard as if it were a priority move. The effect of this move ignores Substitute.

Usage Gap: two rounds after the end of all effects.

Hesitant at the "tripling speed" thing; maybe lower it /slightly/? Autotomize is mostly limited to Steel-types and Vanillite, but I suppose the A&A guide description and Drifloon's body allow for it. Tentatively approved.

the difference between 140 and 210 allows it to outspeed some three normal pokémon it wouldn't have otherwise been able to: electrode, accelgor, and ninjask. (it also outspeeds a whole bunch of scarfers, but eh, not many scarfers around here.) it doesn't really do any better than a mere +21 to base speed under most conditions, although I guess it does also outspeeds some of them with speed boosts. it does have to end with a speed of at least 161 to fit the fluff, though.

I could just give an intrinsic +3 speed while not holding an item, which should bring the speed to at least 170, which outspeeds everything other than deoxys-e. (I don't know any refs which give less than +10/boost, though I know plenty who only give +10.) actually, I considered not being able to use items effectively part of the drawback, so.

as for Autotomize, I was thinking mainly that it fits the fluff of the attribute. Agility would work fine, and Rock Polish also has the same mechanical effect (except WRT heavy slam and heat crash -- so actually, that's losing power for flavor).

not actually changing it right now; just clarifying (+ adding new mechanically-identical mechanic in case Unburden ever gets changed to work as in the games).

Body modification: "I'm the best there is at what I do."

It is well-established that the drifloon line of pokémon typically have one of two abilities, referred to as "Aftermath" and "Unburden" by cataloguers and researchers. In Asber, however, there are surprisingly few drifloon and drifblim with the latter ability -- indeed, it would seem that, of all registered drifloon and drifblim in Asber, Puff is the only one identified as having the Unburden ability.

Puff is quite proud of this fact; this conjunction of species and ability would alone place her tied, with any electrode, in her place among the world's fastest pokémon, behind only the (admittedly numerous) accelgor and the (actually quite rare) ninjask. This does not satisfy her, however; even second place, after all, is for losers, so it would be absolutely disgraceful to be anything less than the best at what one is best at. The only place worth placing is first.

It is for that reason that Puff set out to become the fastest; and through rigorous training and by discarding everything which serves no purpose, Puff has allowed herself to become supremely fast. Puff is perhaps overzealous with regard to speed, however, often discounting slower-acting strategy as useless; and her view of what serves no purpose does not leave much space for defensive padding.

Effects: Puff does not gain the benefit of the ability Unburden; instead, as long as Puff does not hold an item, her speed is tripled. Puff's Defense and Special Defense are reduced by one stage in their base state, and range from -7 to +5.

Puff loses the ability to use the moves Constrict, Endure, Focus Energy, Gyro Ball, Natural Gift, Payback, Recycle, Rollout; and gains the ability to use the moves Autotomize, Quick Attack.

Last edited:

Ralts
[Ma'at] ralts (F)
Ability: Trace
Signature Attribute: Better With Numbers

While most psychic types are hailed for their effortlessly brilliant minds and powerful telekinetic abilities, their specialties in mental precision usually don't go too far as to hinder other things. Some psychics can pack a punch physically just as well as they can stimulate nerves to make you think they can pack a punch physically, and others are mentally supportive as well as offensive. All of them have some sort of outstanding skill other than their mind, though; at least pokemon with trainers that encourage variation. After all, what if a light screen comes up or the foe protects? What would you do then if someone managed to catch you off-guard with an unexpected move or blow? How could you fight if your foe was a dark-type, and your psychic powers are useless?

That was Ma'at's specialty. Not really the actions themselves, per say... but the thinking and planning. Descended from a line of many pure-bred, crazy psychic types (and instucted by a trainer driven paranoid by excessive playing of a game called Mafia), Ma'at was taught never to assume, never to figure the foe couldn't do something. Watching victories and losses (or hearing about them, as due to her relative inexperience) occur almost purely due to loopholes, the very socially awkward pokemon made a decision--she would never let that happen to her.

She was always a perfectionist, and to her every rose contained more thorns than flowers; the only reasonable thing to do was to make sure that her trainer's commands and her execution of them was flawless. And after mindless obsessing over things that could maybe sort-of help, she figured that even though her brain was a pathetic weak thing that can't even think to possibly hold all of what she needed to make sure they would win her opponents would be too simple-minded to notice.

Whether or not that was true, she became very bad with people, and also terrible with doing much other than thinking "BUT WAIT WHAT IF THE OPPONENT DID THIS THEN I'D DIE".

Effects: Ma'at can understand and act on up to four conditionals without the typical drawbacks of such (misunderstandings, failure to act, etc.); however, she will become just as confused as any other pokemon if she is given five.

Due to her social incompetence she cannot use the moves growl, round, echoed voice, swagger (well, it honestly just looks really pathetic when she does), helping hand, heal pulse, charm, captivate, or attract. She will not get the attack or special attack boost from flatter or swagger as well (due to the fact she will overthink the opponent's action to the point of confusion; she won't take the act itself at face value). She has an inherent -2 speed, and cannot go above +4; she spends all that time thinking things over logically if you would accept that answer.
Seems okay now; approved.
[Death Canyon] Porygon-Z (-)
Ability: Download
Signature Attribute: Abnormal Programming

It's well known that all Porygon-Zs tend to have some major glitch in their programming somewhere. While most Porygon-Zs malfunction the same way due to the Dubious Disks being coded by Silph Co., some ambitious trainers attempt to code the Dubious Disks themselves to save money. Sometimes, skilled programmers create absolutely flawless Porygon-Zs with 999 in all stats (those are usually confiscated by the League). However, most usually end up malfunctioning in some manner or the other.

In an attempt to save money, Crazy Linoone has decided to try this "coding" thing for itself. Sadly, one year of AP Computer Science class is not exactly good enough for the complex coding Porygon-Zs require, and, as such, Death Canyon has some strange bugs. Some Doubles got turned into Integers and some Integers into Booleans; toss in a few typos, wrongly declared variables, and bad logic here and there, you've got yourself a Porygon-Z with Type Mismatch Errors. Linoone, being an awesome programmer, fixed those mistakes not by going back through the code but by writing a few lines (or three or five hundred) of code that suppressed these error messages. As such, all of Death Canyon's normal-type attacks change with Death Canyon's current type.

But hey, at least no error messages are popping up, right?

Effects: All of Death Canyon's moves that are Normal Type under regular conditions are always the same type Death Canyon currently is. For example, if Death Canyon uses Conversion and turns into a Steel Type, its Tackle is now Steel Typed as well. If the Steel-Typed Death Canyon gets hit by Soak and turn into a Water Type, its Tackle attack will now also be Water Type.
haha no way i was planning an attribute just like this

Eh. It's just moving STAB from one type to another, but Pory-Z's movepool is so big that you'll get even more STAB moves with most types. Approved, but only because it's fully evolved.
the difference between 140 and 210 allows it to outspeed some three normal pokémon it wouldn't have otherwise been able to: electrode, accelgor, and ninjask. (it also outspeeds a whole bunch of scarfers, but eh, not many scarfers around here.) it doesn't really do any better than a mere +21 to base speed under most conditions, although I guess it does also outspeeds some of them with speed boosts. it does have to end with a speed of at least 161 to fit the fluff, though.

I could just give an intrinsic +3 speed while not holding an item, which should bring the speed to at least 170, which outspeeds everything other than deoxys-e. (I don't know any refs which give less than +10/boost, though I know plenty who only give +10.) actually, I considered not being able to use items effectively part of the drawback, so.

as for Autotomize, I was thinking mainly that it fits the fluff of the attribute. Agility would work fine, and Rock Polish also has the same mechanical effect (except WRT heavy slam and heat crash -- so actually, that's losing power for flavor).

not actually changing it right now; just clarifying (+ adding new mechanically-identical mechanic in case Unburden ever gets changed to work as in the games).

It is well-established that the drifloon line of pokémon typically have one of two abilities, referred to as "Aftermath" and "Unburden" by cataloguers and researchers. In Asber, however, there are surprisingly few drifloon and drifblim with the latter ability -- indeed, it would seem that, of all registered drifloon and drifblim in Asber, Puff is the only one identified as having the Unburden ability.

Puff is quite proud of this fact; this conjunction of species and ability would alone place her tied, with any electrode, in her place among the world's fastest pokémon, behind only the (admittedly numerous) accelgor and the (actually quite rare) ninjask. This does not satisfy her, however; even second place, after all, is for losers, so it would be absolutely disgraceful to be anything less than the best at what one is best at. The only place worth placing is first.

It is for that reason that Puff set out to become the fastest; and through rigorous training and by discarding everything which serves no purpose, Puff has allowed herself to become supremely fast. Puff is perhaps overzealous with regard to speed, however, often discounting slower-acting strategy as useless; and her view of what serves no purpose does not leave much space for defensive padding.

Effects: Puff does not gain the benefit of the ability Unburden; instead, as long as Puff does not hold an item, her speed is tripled. Puff's Defense and Special Defense are reduced by one stage in their base state, and range from -7 to +5.

Puff loses the ability to use the moves Constrict, Endure, Focus Energy, Gyro Ball, Natural Gift, Payback, Recycle, Rollout; and gains the ability to use the moves Autotomize, Quick Attack.
I'd really prefer if the speed boost was switched to 2.5x or something close to that; intristic speed boosts would kick in even if Puff wasn't holding an item.

Fix that, though, and everything else seems okay.

I'd really prefer if the speed boost was switched to 2.5x or something close to that; intristic speed boosts would kick in even if Puff wasn't holding an item.

Fix that, though, and everything else seems okay.

... fine.

Effects: Puff does not gain the benefit of the ability Unburden; instead, as long as Puff does not hold an item, her Speed is increased by half-again her base Speed (that is, it is increased 1.5 times, or multiplied by 2.5). Puff's Defense and Special Defense are reduced by one stage in their base state, and range from -7 to +5.

Fixed

Wrinklefucker (Skarmory) < Keen Eye >

Signature Move: Ancestral Awakening.

See, this Skarmory has a very... interesting past. It has come from a family of Skarmory with the sharpest, platinum wings out in the history of Asber. A great ancestor of Wrinklefucker sought out legendaries, challenging them until he could fight no more. This Skarmory learned how to, instead of chanting to the gods of power via Curse, he chanted to Arceus himself and was boosted greatly. The ancestor found a mate, and created a family to which this Skarmory is from. W.F does not have the sharp, hard wings of it's family, though. But this won't stop him from following in his ancestor's footsteps. His father has taught him an ancient chanting that can boost much more than W.F's hope of being amazing like the ancestor.

Type: Psychic
Stat: 2+ attack and defense, -2 Speed
Target: Itself
Energy: 6%
Duration: Two rounds.
Usage Gap: 3 rounds
Effects: Wrinklefucker gains a boost in attack and defense due to having the best quality wings in the skarmory race via being a bit smarter, and calling to his ancestor AND Arceus from Curse. He also gets heavier, though, for a lowered two speed yet heightened defense. Even after the 2 rounds is up, the speed decrease lingers but lowers itself to -1.

[Scylla] Cloyster (M)
Ability:Shell Armor
Signature Attribute:Extraordinary Lineage

As is explained here, Scylla the Cloyster used to be, not a Cloyster, but the ancient six-headed beast, snacking on sailors that sailed down the narrow passage it called home. One sailor had a wife, however, well versed in magic, who transformed it into the Cloyster it is now. Despite being a Pokémon now, Scylla still keeps some of its extraordinary abilities, such as as its Six-Pronged Strike.

This is not Scylla's only distinguishing feature, however. It was the child of two powerful sea gods, Ceto and Phorcys, and as such, its association with water is not to be overlooked. Just being near water boosts Scylla's performance and washes away stat effects, both positive and negative, and the ordinary lifeless liquid will actually go out of its way to help the beast. However, water is linked very closely to this being's power-if it is not in it or at least touched by it, its performance suffers considerably. Such is the privileges and price of having such unusual parents.

Effects:Whilst in or surrounded by water, (it must be a considerably large body, at least as big as Scylla itself) all stat bonuses or deductions are removed and Scylla gains a +2 in Attack, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense. If it is within a meter or so of water when attacked with a projectile attack, the water will leap on its own accord and try to protect it, shaving 2% damage off. However, if Scylla is not surrounded by or in a body of water as large as itself, it loses -1 in Attack and Special Attack.

[Stuxnet] Porygon (N)
Ability:Download
Signature Move:Exploitation

Description:
As mentioned here, this Porygon was corrupted by a powerful virus, Stuxnet. This virus was used as a weapon to infect things like power plants and oil grids, and shut these things down using holes in the programming known as "Zero Days".

Porygon's digital nature allowed Stuxnet to infect one member of the species. Scientists quickly stopped the virus from spreading, but Stuxnet still used it's purpose-it still found Zero Days. But not just in computer programming-as it turns out, our world is merely a gigantic mash of incredibly complex computer code:a code filled with holes, for those able to see them.

And Stuxnet is. It exploits them every round, regardless of it's trainer's wish, which is what it's Attribute Zero Day is all about. However, Stuxnet can also be commanded to use these holes in the programming of life offensively, as an attack. However, these Zero Days are wildly uncontrollable, and the target, damage and energy cost of the move are all things Stuxnet has no bearing over.

Type:Normal
Stat:N/A
Base Damage: 1-10%
Accuracy:Always Hits
Target:Random Pokémon in battle
Energy:1-10%
Duration:One Action

Effects:
Stuxnet's exploitation of Zero Days inflicts random typeless damage (between 1% and 10%) at a random cost of energy (between 1% and 10%) to a random Pokémon in battle.
Usage Gap:Two Rounds

(Though this attack can inflict 10% damage to an enemy for 1% energy, I believe it is balanced by the fact that it is just as likely to inflict 10% damage to itself for 10% energy).

Last edited:

Upon evolution, updating:

Mal (Electabuzz) <Static>
Move Mod: Triboelectric Effect
Description: "The triboelectric effect (also known as triboelectric charging) is a type of contact electrification in which certain materials become electrically charged after they come into contact with another different material and are then separated (such as through rubbing). The polarity and strength of the charges produced differ according to the materials, surface roughness, temperature, strain, and other properties."

Mal is fascinated with the science of electricity and enjoys practicing and manipulating the energies in any way he can. Through this he has learned to employ it in an interesting way. He charges himself to the point where he cannot contain the electricity anymore and then launches at his opponent with maximum speed. Though the impact is light, it's so fast that it's nearly unavoidable and the electricity stored is so hot it leaves bright scorch marks where the opponent was hit.
Type: Electric / Power: 5% / Energy: 4% / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Duration: One action
Effects: Priority +1. 40% of burn.
Usage Gap: Every 3 rounds

I love being ignored. Really. Tempting fate?

Yes to both.
...how much?

Effects: Puff does not gain the benefit of the ability Unburden; instead, as long as Puff does not hold an item, her Speed is increased by half-again her base Speed (that is, it is increased 1.5 times, or multiplied by 2.5). Puff's Defense and Special Defense are reduced by one stage in their base state, and range from -7 to +5.

Eh, approved.

adding a signature attribute to my murkrow! completely innocent, nothing to see here, etc.
Murkrow
[Jet] Murkrow (M)
Signature Attribute: Jokes and Laughs

Jet loves a good laugh (or, rather, caw, but it's all the same to him). Countless times he's been caught firing Confuse Rays into crowds, causing disarray and chaos, or freezing people and Pokémon in place with a well-timed Mean Look.

Of course, most Pokémon are somewhat annoyed by Jet's antics, and actively seek revenge on him. Trouble is, Murkrow aren't exactly the fastest Pokémon, and he's been punished enough times to make an impresssion.

Now, Jet wasn't about to stand by and take the abuse. Having heard about faraway flocks of Murkrow with a special trait for blinding speed, he got an idea. And so, he started his journey to become just like those legendary Murkrow, and picked up a few skills in the process. At least, that's how he sees it.

Effects: Through practice, Jet has gained the ability Prankster; however, as his skills aren't quite as refined yet, all attacks boosted by the ability always move last within their priority bracket.

He's also picked up a few new pranks and lost some fodder, as detailed:

+ Switcheroo, Nasty Plot, Hypnosis, Magic Coat, Telekinesis, Encore
- Payback, Round, Defog, Swift, Curse, Screech, Pursuit, Night Shade, Twister

Edit: i'm a signature attribute approver okay

Last edited:

Upon evolution, updating:

Mal (Electabuzz) <Static>
Move Mod: Triboelectric Effect
Description: "The triboelectric effect (also known as triboelectric charging) is a type of contact electrification in which certain materials become electrically charged after they come into contact with another different material and are then separated (such as through rubbing). The polarity and strength of the charges produced differ according to the materials, surface roughness, temperature, strain, and other properties."

Mal is fascinated with the science of electricity and enjoys practicing and manipulating the energies in any way he can. Through this he has learned to employ it in an interesting way. He charges himself to the point where he cannot contain the electricity anymore and then launches at his opponent with maximum speed. Though the impact is light, it's so fast that it's nearly unavoidable and the electricity stored is so hot it leaves bright scorch marks where the opponent was hit.
Type: Electric / Power: 5% / Energy: 4% / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Single / Duration: One action
Effects: Priority +1. 40% of burn.
Usage Gap: Every 3 rounds

I think increasing the damage by 3% and decreasing the usage gap by two rounds is a bit heavy for a single evolution, how about you lower the damage to 4% and and increasing the usage gap to four rounds? The energy cost is alright, though I doubt you will be able to lower it further, even as an Electivire.

@Whirlpool: Negrek said something about 1$ the approval (whether or not the sig stuff is approved).

[Static] Rotom (X) <Levitate>
Signature Move: Disorienting Spark

Rotoms aren't known for being the stealthiest Pokemon around. Often they run around messing with electronics or playing pranks, just generally causing trouble and attracting attention to themselves. A Rotom possessing an object is even easier to spot than a normal one; bright orange with a telltale glowing aura, often making quite a lot of noise or being very obvious. Fans, washing machines and lawnmowers (as well as a custom made chainsaw!) aren't known for being quiet, more so when being possessed by a mischievous Rotom, and large orange microwaves and fridges aren't exactly inconspicuous. So Static decided to become more stealthy to become a better trouble-maker.

..It failed, to put it bluntly. Static couldn't stop itself from buzzing happily, or sparking with excitement whenever it got close to someone it was sneaking up on. This called for a different approach. Instead of trying to hide from its target, Static focused on dulling their senses so they wouldn't notice it approaching. Through some messing around with different applications of electricity to different organs, Static has figured out how to best disorient its opponents and leave them open to surprises, or more commonly, attacks. Because its Trainer and her team (its test subjects) was mostly made up of animal based Pokemon and ghosts, it didn't have the chance to modify this move for use on machine-like or bug-like Pokemon and so, this attack won't work on them.

Type: Electric / Stat: Special / Damage: 2% / Accuracy: 90% / Target: Single / Energy: 8% / Duration: One Action / Usage Gap: Five Actions

Effects: Static zaps the target with small clustered sparks of electricity that affect its nervous system. The target becomes disoriented and more open to attack, causing it to have light confusion, -1 Special Defense, and -1 Defense which fades after one round. It also gains a -2 accuracy drop which does not fade.

Last edited:

Rotoms aren't known for being the stealthiest Pokemon around. Often they run around messing with electronics or playing pranks, just generally causing trouble and attracting attention to themselves. A Rotom possessing an object is even easier to spot than a normal one; bright orange with a telltale glowing aura, often making quite a lot of noise or being very obvious. Fans, washing machines and lawnmowers (as well as a custom made chainsaw!) aren't known for being quiet, more so when being possessed by a mischievous Rotom, and large orange microwaves and fridges aren't exactly inconspicuous. So Static decided to become more stealthy to become a better trouble-maker.

..It failed, to put it bluntly. Static couldn't stop itself from buzzing happily, or sparking with excitement whenever it got close to someone it was sneaking up on. This called for a different approach. Instead of trying to hide from its target, Static focused on dulling their senses so they wouldn't notice it approaching. Through some messing around with different applications of electricity to different organs, Static has figured out how to best disorient its opponents and leave them open to surprises, or more commonly, attacks. Because its Trainer and her team (its test subjects) was mostly made up of animal based Pokemon and ghosts, it didn't have the chance to modify this move for use on machine-like or bug-like Pokemon and so, this attack won't work on them.

Type: Electric / Stat: Special / Damage: 2% / Accuracy: 90% / Target: Single / Energy: 6% / Duration: One Action / Usage Gap: Five Actions

Effects: Static zaps the target with small clustered sparks of electricity that affect its nervous system. The target becomes disoriented and more open to attack, causing it to have light confusion, -1 Special Defense, and -1 Defense which fades after one round. It also gains a -2 accuracy drop which does not fade.

Hmm, this seems a bit powerful... I would either increase the Usage Gap or Energy cost.

was this missed, or were you just going to let blazhy?

eh, it'll get missed if I don't anyway. and maybe I'll just use a three rounds!

Iii dunno about that last question; you'll have to ask Negrek about it.
Seems okay, except for the usage gap - constantly banning moves would give you a huge upper hand, there. Make the usage gap say... three rounds?

I think I recall a ruling on that WRT moves gained from businesses. (if not, that just means I have to take a bunch of exp and evolve Puff. but that would be too expensive.)

longer usage gap, you say? this should give a gap equivalent to three rounds when the move executes properly. or did you mean three rounds after?

Drifloon are not really tricksters; there isn't much point in trickery when you're floating aimlessly somewhere in the middle of nowhere, after all. Drifloon working with trainers often pick up a bit of what their ghostly nature makes trivial, but little more.

Naturally, then, if some half of your teammates are almost archetypal tricksters, you're in for some "fun" -- for them, at least. Puff does not find that fun. (Puff does not find much fun in anything, really.) Thus, Puff would prefer that others stop having their fun -- by sealing off the moves with a ghostly curse she developed independently, both negating the move reactively, and preventing the move proactively.

Type: Ghost / Stat: other / Energy: 6% / Accuracy: -- / Target: single / Duration: three actions.

This move can only be used (out of turn) when another pokémon attempts to use a move, and cannot be used if Puff has already performed a move this action. The execution of that pokémon's move is negated, and Puff foregoes the action she would have otherwise taken. For the next three actions or until Puff leaves the field, no pokémon can use the negated move.

This effect of this move can be blocked by Detect and Protect, and reflected by Magic Coat, if the execution is not negated by this move. The effect of this move is blocked by Quick Guard as if it were a priority move. The effect of this move ignores Substitute.

Usage Gap: three rounds.

Type: Electric / Stat: Special / Damage: 2% / Accuracy: 90% / Target: Single / Energy: 8% / Duration: One Action / Usage Gap: Five Actions

Seems fine. Approved unless Negrek states otherwise.

I hope I didn't miss anything OTL This is probably out of order, too.

Fixed

Wrinklefucker (Skarmory) < Keen Eye >

Signature Move: Ancestral Awakening.

See, this Skarmory has a very... interesting past. It has come from a family of Skarmory with the sharpest, platinum wings out in the history of Asber. A great ancestor of Wrinklefucker sought out legendaries, challenging them until he could fight no more. This Skarmory learned how to, instead of chanting to the gods of power via Curse, he chanted to Arceus himself and was boosted greatly. The ancestor found a mate, and created a family to which this Skarmory is from. W.F does not have the sharp, hard wings of it's family, though. But this won't stop him from following in his ancestor's footsteps. His father has taught him an ancient chanting that can boost much more than W.F's hope of being amazing like the ancestor.

Type: Psychic
Stat: 2+ attack and defense, -2 Speed
Target: Itself
Energy: 6%
Duration: Two rounds.
Effects: Wrinklefucker gains a boost in attack and defense due to having the best quality wings in the skarmory race via being a bit smarter, and calling to his ancestor AND Arceus from Curse. He also gets heavier, though, for a lowered two speed yet heightened defense. Even after the 2 rounds is up, the speed decrease lingers but lowers itself to -1.

Eh... I suppose it's passable now. Approved.

[Stuxnet] Porygon (N)
Ability:Download
Signature Move:Exploitation

Description:
As mentioned here, this Porygon was corrupted by a powerful virus, Stuxnet. This virus was used as a weapon to infect things like power plants and oil grids, and shit these things down using holes in the programming known as "Zero Days".

Porygon's digital nature allowed Stuxnet to infect one member of the species. Scientists quickly stopped the virus from spreading, but Stuxnet still used it's purpose-it still found Zero Days. But not just in computer programming-as it turns out, our world is merely a gigantic mash of incredibly complex computer code:a code filled with holes, for those able to see them.

And Stuxnet is. It exploits them every round, regardless of it's trainer's wish, which is what it's Attribute Zero Day is all about. However, Stuxnet can also be commanded to use these holes in the programming of life offensively, as an attack. However, these Zero Days are wildly uncontrollable, and the target, damage and energy cost of the move are all things Stuxnet has no bearing over.

Type:Normal
Stat:N/A
Base Damage: 1-10%
Accuracy:Always Hits
Target:Random Pokémon in battle
Energy:1-10%
Duration:One Action

Effects:
Stuxnet's exploitation of Zero Days inflicts random typeless damage (between 1% and 10%) at a random cost of energy (between 1% and 10%) to a random Pokémon in battle.
Usage Gap:Two Rounds

(Though this attack can inflict 10% damage to an enemy for 1% energy, I believe it is balanced by the fact that it is just as likely to inflict 10% damage to itself for 10% energy).

Should be okay. Approved.

Approved.

[Helium] Delibird (F)

On her journey to Asber (read above), Helium was restricted from flying freely due to the extreme cold. She devised a method to give her a Tailwind on demand despite not knowing the move Tailwind so that she could glide South.

Type: Ice | Special | Part I: 120 base power | Target: Part I: Foe field; Part II: Ally field | Accuracy: Part I: 70%, up to 100% in Hail; Part II: 100% | Energy: 9% | Duration: Part I: 1 action, Part II: 4 actions

Helium summons a snowstorm with an unusually strong driving wind. The first part of the move is a ordinary Blizzard (but to be strengthened according to the signature attribute). The second part is equivalent to a Tailwind, which doubles allies' speed for 4 actions.

Usage Gap: 2 rounds (fine with upping this to 3 rounds if so desired)
--
I loved writing the poem. And now I have a reason for naming her Helium, beyond colours :D

Personally, I think it'd make more sense and be easier to keep track of if the Blizzard and Tailwind came in on the same action. Combine the two, with the necessary specifics in the effect summary, and up the usage gap to three rounds and it should be fine.

was this missed, or were you just going to let blazhy?

eh, it'll get missed if I don't anyway. and maybe I'll just use a three rounds!

Usage Gap: three rounds.

Yeah, I mean three rounds after. Approved now.

Implementing Blazhy's suggestions

[Helium] Delibird (F)

On her journey to Asber (read here), Helium was restricted from flying freely due to the extreme cold. She devised a method to give her a Tailwind on demand despite not knowing the move Tailwind so that she could glide South.

Type: Ice | Special | 120 base power | Target: Enemy field for attack, Ally field for effect| Accuracy: 70%, up to 100% in Hail; Tailwind effect: 100% whether attack lands or not | Energy: 9% | Duration: 1 action for attack, 4 actions for effect.

Helium summons a snowstorm with an unusually strong driving wind. It is equivalent to a Blizzard, which lasts for one action, plus a Tailwind, starting simultaneously with the Blizzard, which lasts for four actions.

Implementing Blazhy's suggestions

[Helium] Delibird (F)

On her journey to Asber (read here), Helium was restricted from flying freely due to the extreme cold. She devised a method to give her a Tailwind on demand despite not knowing the move Tailwind so that she could glide South.

Type: Ice | Special | 120 base power | Target: Enemy field for attack, Ally field for effect| Accuracy: 70%, up to 100% in Hail; Tailwind effect: 100% whether attack lands or not | Energy: 9% | Duration: 1 action for attack, 4 actions for effect.

Helium summons a snowstorm with an unusually strong driving wind. It is equivalent to a Blizzard, which lasts for one action, plus a Tailwind, starting simultaneously with the Blizzard, which lasts for four actions.

Should be fine. Approved.

And now a signature move of my own:

Swellow
[Ventus] Swellow (F)
Ability: Guts
Signature Move: Bombs Away!

Ventus is a ruthless, ruthless bird. She’s developed an obsession for battling – the excitement, the adrenaline! – and she’ll do anything to win. She’ll even sacrifice her future children for the sake of victory, and I mean it literally – if deemed necessary, she will lay an egg on command and watch as it explodes on her opponent’s head.

... okay, so maybe not future children. More like would-be children who were somehow converted into bombs. Poor Taillow chicks, and cruel, cruel Ventus.

How did a Swellow figure out how to make eggs explode, anyway? Years ago, when Ventus was still a wild Taillow, she used to travel the world, leaving her homeland of Hoenn to see the lands of Johto and Kanto. In Kanto she came across the Safari Zone, where she witnessed Chansey and Exeggutor toss eggs around. Normally it wouldn’t interest her much, but some of the eggs exploded in a great burst of energy and flying eggshell. Ever the obsessive battler, Ventus saw the destructive potential of the exploding egg. Captivated, she swooped down and demanded to know how it was done.

The Chansey and Exeggutor explained that what they were throwing merely looked like eggs. Indeed, they were eggs no longer as the contents had been converted into pure energy. The eggshells were also fairly thin compared to normal eggs. Upon being struck, the shell cracked, and the unstable energy within jumped at the opportunity to be free. In effect, the energy leapt out of the crack, forcing it wider and causing other cracks to spider along the surface. Propelled by the eager power, shards of eggshell would fly off in every direction at high speeds. All this happened in an instant; the opponent would be struck by a shower of sharp eggshell and buffeted by the energy inside the egg.

Ventus thanked the Chansey and Exeggutor and flew off. Secretly, she was fairly unimpressed by the force of the Egg Bombs and Barrages shown to her. However, she had already decided to spurn the life-giving qualities of eggs in favour of their destructive power. She just had to find a way to make the attack stronger.

The answer was simple: just store as much energy in the egg as possible. If necessary, many Egg Bombs or Barrages could be launched in a single battle; they traded power for availability. Ventus decided to hold one large egg in her body instead of many small ones. A larger egg meant more space for energy to be stored, and thus more power behind the attack. To Ventus’s delight, the added power had an unexpected but very welcome effect: the egg shards now flew everywhere with such force that nearby Pokemon would suffer damage, as well. Unfortunately, not everything was sunshine and rainbows; a larger egg meant more effort was needed to squeeze it out. In fact, so much effort was needed that when the egg came out at last, she was rocketed up and away.

Type: Flying | Stat: Physical | Base damage: 12%, a flat 3% to anyone within 2m | Energy: 8% | Accuracy: 100% | Target: 1 target, damages anyone within 2m | Duration: 1 action

Effects: Ventus flies directly over her target and squeezes a fairly large egg out of herself. The egg explodes on the target, damaging them, while eggshells fly every which way, dealing a flat 3% damage to anyone within two meters of the initial explosion. Upon ejecting the egg, Ventus is immediately thrown up and forward, though she can still somewhat control the direction of her flight with her wings. Also, as she expends a lot of effort forcing the egg out, Ventus takes 3% recoil damage. Finally, Ventus only stores one of these explosive eggs in her body, so she can only use this attack one per battle.

Usage gap: Once per battle

Back
Top Bottom