• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Porygon Prejudice!

Are the anime creators being unfair towards the Porygon chain?

• Yes; they should bring the Porygon chain back

Votes: 49 77.8%
  • No; they are being perfectly logical in banning the Porygon chain from the anime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frankly sir, I don't give a damn

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters
Okay, so everyone has to know about the entire "Electric Soldier Porygon" episode thingy, with people getting seizures from watching it, and since then, no Porygon has appeared in the anime. However, you have to realize that IN THAT EPISODE, Pikachu was the one who shocked the Porygon, causing the bright lights, so technically Pikachu caused the lights and should be banned from the anime.

My question is this: Is there Porygon Prejudice about? :unsure:

Well, since they can't ban Pikachu (unless they tried! Yeah, that's what Pikachu's Goodbye was about!)...probably.

Sniff. Yes. And I like Porygon. They have special moves that make them unique, like Smeargle and Castform, therefore they're one of my favourites.

As much as I like Porygon, I don't think its reputation was helped at all by it being one of the foci of an episode which caused seizures. In all honesty, another episode containing it as a central character may not be such a good idea after its poor reception.

They have to, because they have to make an episode featuring PorygonZ in their quest to cover all the Sinnoh Pokemon.

Howsabout a PorygonZ that works inside a hospital's computers, and monitors the health of children and Pokemon there? So it helps stop seizures. :P

...After all, they didn't ban Jynx, did they?

Porygon's my favorite Pokemon, so I'm not too happy about it having had only one episode which was banned. It's not particularly important to me, but I wish it had had another episode during the Kanto season.

Jynx is sort of banned - most episodes with one in it seem to mysteriously not air in the US. Hmm, I wonder why?

Howsabout a PorygonZ that works inside a hospital's computers, and monitors the health of children and Pokemon there? So it helps stop seizures. :P

Unfortunately that wouldn't really work, as PorygonZ is (I think) a Porygon2 infected with a virus.

To the best of my knowledge, Porygon2 is an upgraded version of Porygon and Porygon-Z is Porygon2 suffering from a glitch or virus.

I picked three. I could give a less of a damn. Anyways it may look bad putting a Pokemon who gave kids seizures a main role... But really I coudn't care less.

^Yes, but Porygon didn't give kids seizures. Pikachu electrified some rockets that were being shot at Ash and co by an antivirus, I think, and they exploded, causing the seizure-inducing series of flashes. Porygon actually had nothing to do with it.

Whether it was Porygon or not that caused the seizures, it was there when they happened and it got blamed. :|

Which is all a bit stupid. Ash was there, why wasn't he blamed? Why wasn't Misty blamed? Why wasn't Pikachu blamed?

Porygon hadn't been seen prior to that episode and was floating around when the seizures were caused--it's logical in a strange sort of way, I suppose.

The Porygon line is one of my fave pokemon. Pikachu was actually the one who caused the flash which resulted seizures but Porygon was just there floating. THe one to blame is Team Rocket , they we're the one who started all of it.

I swear I saw that Satoshi Tajiri said it was because the Japanese kids sit too close to the TV.

What would happen if Pikachu were blamed:

1. Pikachu would have left.
2. The Pokemon people would have tortured some random Pokemon when Ash got to Hoenn and when Kyogre and Groudon were fighting. (Long story)
AND THE MOST IMPORTANAT POINT OF ALL:
3. The anime would go poof in the middle of the Battle Frontier, during Ash's -1st battle with Brandon.

Negative first?

I don't count that as your first.

Also: *pokes unfinished Prologue of Freedom, which SHALL BE POSTED AFTER WRITERS BLOCK GOES POOF.

I hate you for that.

I know.

Think of it this way, a new kid comes to your school. All of a sudden, someone gets beat up. The victim says he can't tell if it was the new student or the star pupil. It was the star pupil who never does anything. Who would you believe?

Anyways, this was post in global newspapers. If that episode came back, alot of mothers would be watching out for it. That's why they can't bring it back even though they know it was Pikachu's fault.

I just watched it on YouTube, and all I got was a slight headache. Granted, it was low quality, I was about ten feet away, and I was watching it in a small screen.

Search "Pokemon Seizure Episode"

Back
Top Bottom