• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Question Box

Would Magnet Rise be able to counter the effects of Gravity since magnetic forces are much stronger than gravitational ones? Especially one that would enable flight.
The short answer is no, since Magnet Rise is specifically stated to be disabled during Gravity.

A longer answer: Magnetic forces are not always stronger than gravitational ones, it depends on the particular case. In fact, magnetic levitation happens when the magnetic and gravitational forces are exactly equal, so an increase in Gravity would presumably make the levitating object fall again. However, I suppose using Magnet Rise would still make the user lighter, since they'd still be negating a portion of the gravitational pull - just not all of it. Might be relevant to your interests.

It's also worth noting that some referees allow flying/levitating Pokémon to fight against the pull of Gravity, maintaining flight but at a high energy cost.

Can a pokémon use Fling to throw objects other than held items? Such as reasonably light other pokémon? If so, how accurate would such a throw be, if Fling has 100% accuracy normally?

there's a precedent to this: in my battle against ILS, his teddiursa flung my surskit off a giant bed. Doesn't really answer the part about accuracy, though.

Can a pokémon use Fling to throw objects other than held items? Such as reasonably light other pokémon? If so, how accurate would such a throw be, if Fling has 100% accuracy normally?

there's a precedent to this: in my battle against ILS, his teddiursa flung my surskit off a giant bed. Doesn't really answer the part about accuracy, though.

I feel like something like this has been answered a long time ago, but I can't find it now. A Pokémon can use Fling to throw another Pokémon that the ref deems light enough; for anything heavier you'd want something like Seismic Toss. As for the accuracy, that would also be up to the ref. You might lose accuracy if you don't have some way to stop the opponent from struggling too much while it's being thrown, for instance.

Does Defiant activate in response to field effects that happen to lower stats?

I believe it activates when Speed is lowered by Sticky Web, so yes, unless the flavor of the stat-lowering is that it's self-inflicted.

Following the game's modifiers would make a bunch of sense, given that accuracy works exactly the same way here as it does there. Some people ref accuracy drops/boosts as a flat ±10% change in the move's accuracy.

Could a Pokémon use Agility to outspeed a rock thrown at them with a move like Rock Throw or Smack Down?

Could a Pokémon use Agility to outspeed a rock thrown at them with a move like Rock Throw or Smack Down?

Yes (though it would probably just dodge to the side, not run straight away), if that's what Agility is specifically commanded to do and they're either faster, or not too much slower.

does power-up punch still give the +1 if:

It hits a sub

It breaks a double team clone

It hits but does no damage because of a damage cap

does power-up punch still give the +1 if:

It hits a sub

It breaks a double team clone

It hits but does no damage because of a damage cap

Yes; no; yes. The flavor behind the move is that the Attack boost comes from the actual impact of the punch.

Can Zorua/Zoroark be sent out with their Illusion ability active if the battle is a 1v1 or they are the last Pokémon to be sent out?

I just noticed struggle is listed as normal typed in the DB. Shouldn't it be typeless?

I'm pretty sure that Struggle is coded ingame as Normal-type, but just has a hardcoded override to ignore type when you use it.

Chill is also listed as Normal when it's actually typeless. The type column for moves in the database is non-nullable, so it's easier to just list them as Normal than change that, I guess.

Can Amnesia make a Pokemon forget Chill or Amnesia? edit: also, does Bright Powder affect Keen Eye Pokemon?

Can Amnesia make a Pokemon forget Chill or Amnesia? edit: also, does Bright Powder affect Keen Eye Pokemon?

Amnesia, sure. (Please let this happen with a Numel or a Slowpoke, that would be hilarious.) As for Chill (and also Struggle), I wanted to say yes, but it would make the forgotten move harder to randomize since Chill and Struggle don't show up in every Pokémon's movepool, so let's say no.

No, Pokémon with Keen Eye are unaffected by Bright Powder.

Does Rollout's energy cost stay at 2% for every hit, or does the energy cost rise proportionally with damage (second hit: 60 bp/3%, third hit: 120/6%, fourth hit: 240/12%, etc.)?

Back
Top Bottom