• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rebirth

Where the heck am I? she thought. WHO the heck am I? she thought. "I think I'll take a walk, clear my head," he muttered as she got up and proceeded to walk. She eventually walked to a stream... with what looked like a weasel with a split tail. She tried to hide in the bushed, only to step on a twig. "Shoot!" she whispered to herself.

'Damn it, this is going too slow." He was irritated at his small arms and legs. They were too small to swim with. He reached out with one arm, kicked with a foot, reached out with another arm while retracting the other, kicked with the other foot. No use, he never really moved, although it was partly the streams fault, as he swum against it. 'And why's my tail split? I know it's normal for Buizel to have a split tail, but what do they do with it?' He thought angrily. There, on the opposite side of the river, which had become much bigger since he had started swimming, he saw another Buizel. It was not there before, strangrly enough. It also looked like it could outswim Waterfall anytime. "H-hey!" Waterfall shouted to get it's attention.

"Huh? Oh, hi. Didn't see ya there, Slowpoke." The Buizel slowed down to a pace similar to Waterfall.

"Wha..? Slowpoke, I'm a Buizel, idiot. Get glasses!" He didn't really know what glasses were, but somehow, he knew still. Weird.

"What's glasses? Anyways, why are you swimming like that, weirdo?" It only smirked, it was obviously a boy, when you listened to his voice, although it was kind of difficult, considered water covered your ears in this case.

"You're the weird one, you don't even know what glasses are!" Waterfall was getting slightly pissed off by this guy. "And what do you mean 'swimming like that', I'm swimming normally, like any other human would!" 'What? Did I just say human? I'm getting mad from this memory loss!' "I-I mean Pokémon!"

"But your tails aren't moving at all!" The Buizel pointed at his tails, which hung limp after him, following the water's surface.

"Wha...?" Waterfall glanced at the Buizel Boy's tails. Unlike his, they were moving in a circle, propelling the Buizel forward, it looked like they could go much, much faster than that, even! "Oh... I get it..." Then he tried the same. He ordered his tails to move, and they did. He told them to move in a swirly, circle pattern, and they did, and he propelled forward, past that Buizel and all.

Just there the river split, and the two Buizel separated, not like Waterfall cared.

After some experimenting, Waterfall gained full control of his tails, and he could swim slow and quick, swim under water and jump into the air, he could move in every direction and everything! It was a delight to be able to swim at full pace.

About a minute later, he had to rest a little bit on land. Then, he heard a faint noice in the bushes, like a twig breaking in half under the weight of something.

"Who's there?" Waterfall shouted and looked towards where he heard the noice. He stared at the bush, waiting for the something to come out, if anything.

She nervously stepped out of the bushes. "H-hi... I'm lost, have no idea who I am, and hungry." she said. Why was she telling everything to a weasel? Then again, she was of little difference then a dog or fox.

Waterfall raised and eyebrow at the Pokémon that emerged from the bushes, and dropped his fighting stance, which he had gone into instinctivly when he heard the noice. This... black dog-cat asked him for help.

"Sorry, but I'm not more known here than you. However..." He stared at the dog-cat Pokémon. He didn't trust her more than any other pokémon he had met. 'This Pokémon... says that she don't know who she is... Could it be that the same thing happened to the two of us...? Nah... That's very unlikely.' He decided not to mention that he didn't know who he was.

"I'm lost and hungry as well, so don't come to me for help, I've got enough with just me." He turned and half-expected her to go away.

"Okay, I'll seek help elsewhere, then..." she turned and went, sneaking a last look at the weasel before setting off again.

((She will decide her name at night when the moon is hopefully full and her rings shine.))

"..." Waterfall didn't say anything.

'Although... Maybe it will be for my benefition if we team up? If the same did happen to us, then it'll be easier to find out what happened to us. There are many benefits for me if we team up... Yes, that's the right choice.'

"Wait!"

She turned around. "What is it?" she asked. Wait... when did he get so... cute? she wondered to herself as she waited for the weasel's response.

((Thanks for the idea Bakun!))

((Naww, no problem :3))

"Umm..." Waterfall, to his surprize, felt slightly nervous when facing the dog-cat Pokémon. "Uhh... Well, to be honest, I have also lost my identity, and I thought maybe the same happened to us. So I thought maybe we could travel together..."

'What the hell's wrong with me? Why are my feet like jelly?' He thought and mentally slapped himself. 'Maybe I'm not that good from the meeting with the ugly Jynx...'

Another person who has lost his identity? Looks like I'm not the only one! "Well, that would be nice; I don't like being alone." She mentally slapped herself. Make a good impression, make a good impression...

"Mhm... Me neither..." That was partly a lie, as he would rather be alone when thinking.. and well, in general he liked being alone. But now was not the time to be alone. 'It's much easier if we're two...' He thought.

'I kind of already like her presence...'

((ah shit I missed the start of the RP again. D<))

"Where... where in the world am I?"

Her -- yes, her, for at this point she had no name -- eyes opened slowly as she took in her surroundings. At first she saw only sky, but she turned on her side and saw that she was in a large forest, nestled in some long grass. She could see the blue glare of water through the grass stems, and realized that there was a pond or a lake here in the midst of the forest. Yanma buzzed around the surface of the water, disturbing it with only a slight touch before darting away from it, and Pokémon of all kinds drank from the water's edge.

She tried to push herself to her feet using her hands, and almost fell back in shock when she saw her hands.

They weren't hands anymore: they were bright yellow-furred paws.

She let out a cry of shock, stood up and ran to the water's edge. Instead of the face she was used to seeing - which, she realized, she could not remember - hers was that of a Pikachu: two triangular black-tipped ears extended from the top of her head, her cheeks were now bright red and her whole face was coated in the same yellow fur as her hand - no, paw. Without turning around she reached backwards with one paw and felt her tail fur brush against it.

It was painfully clear that she'd somehow been turned into a Pikachu; from what she did not know, but it obviously wasn't a Pikachu.

At the sound of voices she spun around to see some Pokémon talking a short distance away. She took a deep breath and walked toward them, determined to know what exactly was going on here.

But first she had to know her name. No matter how hard she thought, she could not remember her prior name. She closed her eyes and thought for a second, but only the clear shine of the water came to mind.

She decided to call herself Lakey, a rather unoriginal name but a name nonetheless.

((The reason for the vagueness of what Pokémon Lakey saw talking is because I don't actually know who is in the forest or even if we're in a forest to begin with. o.O))

((Um, if it's okay..he'll call himself Lucifer.))

Gregory flopped onto his stomach, tears sliding past his shut eyelids.
"Oh hell no-" He coughed up embers, staring as they ricocheted towards the sky.
He lay there, his body and mouth still not ajusted to the intense heat. At last something came to mind. "Aren't I supposed to have..a..what's it called?"
He shut his eyes slowly rolling over and gasping when the fiery pain shot up his muzzle. Greg's tred mind slowly mulled over the words he said a few minutes ago..."Lu-Lucifer. Huh. I'll...I'll be that. Lucifer."

"I don't know. I'm lost too..." She mumbled, getting to her feet. She frowned at how short she felt. She felt like she should be taller, and less chubby than she was. It made her uncomfortable.

She took an experamental step forward. Well, she could walk.

Then, her ear picked up a sound. It was odd, like the beating of wings. She whipped around, squeaking, and instinct took over. She was being attacked by something fast and green. She had to defend herself. She felt her fist tighten into a ball, and then her whole arm go hard, like metal. Silvery beads of light, like stars, gleamed on her fur and concentrated thenselves on her fist - she swung, right where she determined her attacker would be in a second, bracing herself for the impact.

"Hyaaaaa!"

((I've been dying to have her Meteor Mash something since I created her :9))

This couldn't end well. The Phione found herself completely unable to move without falling over. Finally, she had to half-crawl around using her flipper arms, feeling very silly. After a bit, she found herself near a small lake, around which a few other Pokemon were gathered. Perfect. She hopped clumsily towards it and jumped in, then started swimming. It was much easier to swim, and she could breathe underwater, apparently. Whatever was going on, it would be better to be here and ignore everything and everyone else.

Last edited:
"Ahh...so they didn't all get me"
He was lying on his front, it seemed to him. That was the way gravity was pulling him, anyway, and there seemed to be something in that direction blocking him. His face was facing forwards, but his neck didn't seem strained. He didn't dwell on that. He had more important things to worry about. Like the fact that he couldn't move his arms or legs. Or even feel them.
He opened an eye. In front of him was a small tree, or at least he thought it was small. When he looked again, it seemed the tree was at a smaller scale altogether.
"That can't be right"
He tried to stand, but instead found his body flexing itself up into an s-shape. He opened the other eye and looked down. He seemed to be made of boulders. And shaped like a snake.
"Onix!"
And with that, he decided to look around. He saw a group of pokémon nearby and moved in, watching and listening.

"Where am I" she was laying on her side she saw two of her red paws daggling in front of her "Ahhh" she screamed "what am I and what happened?" She asked aloud to herself. The first thought that entered her mind since she awoke was one word Flareon Then that’s what I shall call myself Flareonshe thought to herself.

After basking in the sun for a while, which felt very nice and energizing, the self-proclaimed forest god stood up and decided to have a look around. He stood on a rare sunny spot in the middle of a forest.
However, he heard something... Someone else?
After strolling past the trees for a short moment, he came upon a clearing. Sitting behind a bush, the Leafeon saw three figures. A somewhat squat pink one, a tall, from his point of view, green-haired, white and green one, and a somewhat shorter, slender, deadly looking, especially the arns, one, also green. The deadly one then pounced on the green one. A sudden feeling to fear and dread overcame the Leafeon, as if he had witnessed such a scene before. He felt an overwhelming urge to do something about it, and so he did, somehow. A flurry of leaves fired out from the Leafeon in the general direction of the scythe-armed one.

Lucifer was moving across the pale green clearing, following the Pokemon.
I'm..stalking them? No, no. I wouldn't call it that. More like-like playing.
He paused. "Okay, now that's not normal-" he said out loud before ttempting to clamp his paws over his moving lips.
Oh crap.

The whole attack took less than a second, but it felt like a minute. Adrenaline flowed through the Scyther's bloodstream, and he left the rest to instinct, not having time to think of a straightforward plan. His body twisted to the left, moving a little to the left compared to the Clefable, while his right blade slashed at her in an uppercut motion, aiming across her chubby chest. He didn't notice the meteor mash attack, however, until it was too late to adjust his movement.

Back
Top Bottom