• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rebirth

((Accepted.

Sorry it took me so long, guys; we'll start by introducing our characters. I'll have thought of something. Anyone else can give me plot ideas too.

By the way, I changed my character, and edited her into the first post.))

Her mind, for once, was blank.

She didn't remember anything. Not even her previous name.

As a horrifyingly loud sound invaded her ears, she squeezed her eyes shut and held her hands to her ears. Or at least, what would be her hands to where her ears would be.

After the noise finally was silenced, she put her arms down again. But her skin was horribly red.

"Someone help me! I'm bleeding!"

Her voice was... echoing? Metallic? What was this?

Resting a hand on her forehead, she felt a small clang. She wasn't bleeding. This was... armor? Staring at her "hand" and turning it over and over in disbelief, she realized that in place of her hand was a pincer, like on a crab. Screaming again, she accidentally pinched herself on the left arm.

But oddly, it didn't hurt. What is this?

Her legs were also armored, and her feet had become silver claws. She looked oddly like a mantis.

And then she remembered what that cry was earlier. The ear-blasting one. A...

"Cicada."

He awoke from a fuzzy dream.
Opening his eyes, he tried to make sense of it, Poke balls...? Catch... humans? Gift of... senility?, however that didn't quite work.
His mind still felt scrambled, a confused flurry of thoughts. He shook his head and stood up.
I don't... remember being this short. Or standing on all fours for that matter., he thought, sitting down to try to organize his thoughts.
He scratched his ear, but it didn't feel fleshy. It felt... Leafy?
Then he realized that he didn't have hands. He had... Paws?
Scratching his nose, he discovered he had a bit of a snout too.
All the sleepiness was shaken out of him by a sudden buzz. He cowered with his head on the ground and his paws covering his ears. His tail wagged.
Tail?, he thought, checking.
Indeed, there he had a tail. Which was more like a big leaf. He discovered small leaves growing off his legs.
Putting the pieces together in his head, he had a revelation, and finally spoke, "I have been reborn as... a forest god!"
And the forest god stood up with pride at his new lot in life. Then he noticed the leaves looked a bit yellow at the tips.
He added, "An old forest god...", as his expression changed.

He could only call himself "he."

He remembered absolutely nothing... just that he now existed. He closed his eyes and shook his head, and then just about fell over forwards.

He regained his balance and was about to repeat what had just happened, but stopped himself in time to only be looking down.

Beneath him were four stubby legs with pale green paws. Was he some sort of dog?

Instinctively he whined, but tried to calm himself. The first name that came to his mind was Lupistar, and that was what he would call himself from now on.

Lupistar.

--

The other person was just as confused. He lifted his head, which felt heavy and painful. How long had he laid back?

As he glanced forwards, something caught his eyes and he looked down. What it was: a round, white belly with short, tiger-like legs and a long string of a tail ending in a large lightning bolt. He lifted his stubby arms to his ears, which were fine and mouse-like.

He had suffered the same fate as Lupistar, but in a different form. And he thought of the first name for himself: Sorinak.

Name: Ming Ryuu
Species: Gardevoir
Appearance: Her 'hair' is longer than others of her kind. She also has the blades of a Gallade growing from her elbows, but are small compared to actual Gallades. The 'swords' are stored in sheaths for future use. Her eyes are also witch purple.

Biography: Ming was the only girl in a family of seven. She is a young little Chinese girl that moved to a small town in Germany. She wasn't very good at speaking the native language or any language other than Chinese, thus resulting in broken speech when speaking in English or German.

Upon arriving in the small town, she met a older girl named Alina that took her under her wing. Ming clinged to her for protection from others that didn't like her because of her nationality. She was often tormented by children of her age, and froze out by adults. The only thing that kept her going and moving on in life was her family and Alina...then her family died in a fire started by a arson. Heart-broken, she depending more and more on Alina as a shield and a friend.

When Alina killed herself after her lover died, Ming swirled into a deep depression. Lost and alone, she returned to the ashes where her family's shop once stood and sat in the middle of the wreckage and cried. It was then she noticed a chest that survived the fire and opened it to reveal her father's sword. She took the sword from the chest, face streaked in tears and eyes holding the lost of a lost child, and plunged the blade into herself. She died laying in the remains of the burned down home, clutching to the sword's handle in her small hands.

She arrived in town as a 12 year old girl. She left this world as a 16 year old woman.

Personality: She is quiet and shy around new people, mostly finding ways to slip away unnoticed. When she is with someone she knows, she'll talk non stop and smile, clinging to them for dear life.

Though as a human she was weak in the small town of germany, she will has grown stronger in the atmosphere of the world of pokemon. She is loyal to her friends and will defend them with her life, never wanting to lose those close to her again.

Other: I hope she is acceptable...

((I assume swearing is allowed since there's nothing about it in the rules. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll edit this post.))

A Buizel floated in the river by a waterfall, the only thing visible was it's floatation sack and head. It's expession was that of someone thinking hard.

"What the fuck has happened to me?" It said, kicking with it's feet in the water and raising a paw above the water and to it's head, staring and inspecting it as if it had only got it a moment ago. Which he, because it was a boy, had, in fact.

Only moments ago the Buizel had woken up and found himself floating in the river, driving with the stream. It was weird... He had no memories, he never remembered himself losing conciousness and falling into the river, he didn't even remember his own name. And the most weird thing was that he found himself uncomfortable in that body. A normal Buizel that had lost it's memories would, despite having lost it's memories, find it normal to wake up as a Buizel, but to this one it was the opposite. It was so not normal he had almost found himself screaming when he first saw his paw and tails.

"This is not normal..." He sneered at the paw and had to avert his gaze from it after a moment of staring without blinking. He found himself calming down when looking at the waterfall and feeling the water soaking his orange fur, he sighed, and then closed his eyes, relaxing completely.

"Waterfall... That's my name..."

She woke, her eyes fluttering open slowly. She felt numb, in both body and mind. It was like... she knew she was supposed to remember something, but couldn't. She moved her head slightly, and her cheek brushed ground. She blinked and staggered to her feet. She felt so small, so... strange. She shut her eyes and rubbed her hands over her face, making a soft moaning. Her head hurt.

Opening her eyes again, she started to pat herself down. She felt like she was there... Why did she feel like something was missing? She sighed and sat down, making sure not to sit on her tail.

wait.

tail?

She stood up quick as lightning and looked over her shoulder, only to be met with a wing in her face. She pushed it aside and stared down and her tail. It was curly and pink... the rest of her was pink too. What was going on?!

She shook her head furiously, squeaking loudly. What happened to her?! She fell to her knees, sniffling. Words were bubbling up in her mind... What did they mean?

A whistle... pain. Then... Nothing. The baby... What of the baby? Edward...

She started to cry.

"Ugh.."
The side of her head hurt horribly. Why? And who-where was she?
She tried to stand up and immediately flopped over again. Where were her legs?! Her body was light blue and shaped like a top, with a tiny stub instead of legs. Flippers instead of arms.
"Wh-what happened to me?!", she choked out, shocked at her own, high-pitched voice.

((Eh, I dun think Mysti should remember her name; she shall go by Moonlight.))

Mysti awoke... and thought nothing. Felt nothing. Everything was a blank. And she was... black. She looked behind her. A tail with a yellow stripe was right behind her, attached to her butt. She looked down. Paws. She scratched her ear with her back paw... wait, when did her ear get so large? She had to figure this out.

((Gregory can remember his name, if allowed.))
Gregory was on his back, eyes shut tightly. His ragged breathing was all he could hear.
Uhhn. Wha..What?
Slowly, he fipped onto his stomach, his paws splayed out.
What the hell? Paws? "No...no damn way." He knew something was..missing. He also knew this wasn't what he was supposed to look like, to be.
He had a faint sense of heat billowing from his lithe,muscular body. He was lying next to a lake. Trying to get used to the feeling of walking on four legs, he stumbled over to the lake. He saw a dog-like creature that looked like a pet Lucifer would have. "Shit. Just..SHIT! What the hell am I supposed to be, some kind of were-" His small rant was interupted by an extremely hot, prickling, almost smooth feeling coursing up his thoat. Fire.

(Well, I think I’ll give her a name for being a Pokemon, it seems a little odd for her to remember her name. How bout...... Yahra, yeah, that'll work.)

She awoke, breathing fast, as if waking from one of those dreams where you are falling... she snapped open her eyes. "Sand?" She thought, confused.

There was sand everywhere, she took a deep breath as she stared at the tiny yellow and brown grains, each one was a different shade, the simple cuts in each side... and she suddenly realized that she was face down in it. She blinked her eyes a few times, an action, she realized, that should have gotten several of the tiny grains into them. She moved her arms out to her sides then pushed her body up out of the sand, she watched as the grains slid away from her eyes, as if blocked by some kind of glass shield.

She stood up, and moved her hand up, so that she could scratch her head, and she couldn't reach. "What?"

She looked down at her hand, and stared at it, her mind reeling. "Claws? I have claws, why green?"

Her heart beat more quickly, she started to fall over, but steadied herself by moving her wings. She was shocked at this new sensation, she moved her wings again, then flapped them experimentally, it felt...... natural. She turned her head, and felt her neck move more than usual, it felt longer, too long, she ignored this for the moment and looked at her wings. "They're.... amazing... but wings?"

She stared, then noticed something striped, dark and light green at intervals, with three diamond shaped pieces were hanging off the end... "Tail? I'm a… Pokemon? I’m a Flygon? Why would I be a... Flygon? In fact, who am I? Okay, situation so far... I don't know who I am, or where I am, or why I'm a Flygon. I need a name... name, name, name..."

She experimentally moved her tail, thinking, staring down at her claws, watching as she moved them, they were retractable. She one up to her face, and touched the shield around her eye. She pressed down on it, and laughed a little as her green fingers flattened a little on it, she pressed a little harder and was surprised as it turned inward a little, like plastic. “I need a name, something… Something that starts with Y, I like that letter, Y. Y… Yanna, no, not that… Yahra! That works, I’m Yahra.” She smiled to herself, then flapped her wings again, she liked the sensation, but was still confused as to what had happened to her.

Nevra had no sense of 'waking up' in another body, probably because in the body she would soon be in, she would have no need to sleep.

Instead, she could almost feel herself floating, going to her destination. The thoughts and feelings weren't as strong because she had no physical mind yet.

Her spirit collected around a doll after an immeasurable amount of time. It seemed familiar to her, but she had no memory of it, strangely. Her semi-conscience seeped into the ragged doll. Her feelings grew stronger, and she knew that she now had a physical body.

Even though she couldn't see it, the sudden presence of a mind in the doll made it undergo a transformation: the skin becoming a smoky, gray substance that wasn't exactly solid; a sort of tail growing out the top of the head; the legs shortening while the arms lengthened, growing three small, claw-like fingers each; the small black line of a mouth becoming yellow and growing a zipper; and the button eyes becoming red. The shape became overall pudgier, with an overlarge head on a skinny neck.

She didn't know her name, either. There was only one thing that she could remember that didn't seem to be only existing in her own body, which was a sound that others made. She took that thing, Nevra, as her name.

As she let herself become more involved in her physical body than just her mind, she noticed that there were shapes and colors on everything. This scared her; the only things that weren't just infinite blackness were her parents.

She reached out her hand to find out if these things felt like her parents, atleast, but it passed right through everything.

She definitely knew that this wasn't the way things were supposed to be now. She had very vague memories of once trying to put her hand through things, but the only time she hadn't met something hard that wouldn't let her pass through was with water, and these objects were most certainly not water.

Frightened, she made herself go in a direction that instinct told her was up, finding that her whole body passed through objects too.

She reached the top of the junk pile she had been in, and, looking around, realized that she should've just stayed where she was.

There was even more color, even more shapes, then there could've possibly been in the world. The darkness and walls were the world, to her.

Everything went on forever, and she felt small and afraid. The world had gone completely wrong, and she was entirely alone in it, with no one to share the feeling with.

((I'm going to continue later because I'm getting bored by now :P

And just for the sake of simplicity, we'll say that she communicates by giving off a feeling to others of whatever she's feeling. Like telepathy, except without words.))

"Where am I...."

A thin green and white figure stumbles through a forest, her heart racing in her chest. She doesn't know where she is or who she is. She trips over a root and collapse on the ground, curling up into a ball.

"Why...why don't I remember..."

Tears start to roll down her face as fear over takes her. All she could remember was a voice, a voice that spoke of something about punishment. She shudders as she closes her purple eyes, the feeling of being alone seeming to be the only thing familiar.

"Alone....why did you have to leave...."

She holds her head, feeling a headache coming on. She gets up from where she laid and ran through the forest, ending up in a grassy clearing where a lone pink fluff dwelled. She falls in the grass and lets out a silent sob, wishing to have anyone to talk too.

She was curled in a ball in the clearing, sobbing. She was so confused, so scared... What was going on here? What had happened? She sobbed onto her pink-furred paws. Something in her felt so... broken. Something was missing. She hurt.

Her wings fluttered a bit, and she hiccuped.

There was crying. Crying that didn't belong to her. She looks up and sees a small pink figure curled in the grass. She gets up to her hands and knees and starts to slowly crawl toward the figure.

"Who...who are you..."

((I changed my characters name that he remembers to Blade, because Gallade would be boring, as if my real name was human))

"Groan"
He found himself sitting on the ground, leaning against a tree. his head hurt, a lot.
He didn't remember falling asleep at a tree, nor drinking, because he had to have a hangover. In fact, he didn't remember anything, not even his own name.

He continued sitting on the ground, trying to collect himself, but to no result. He then looked down, and saw his feet, which it didn't look like he had any. His legs was white, and was rather broad when they eventually ended without feet. He let out a scream, for some reason this wasn't natural, and neither was the scream, it sounded like a living sword. "What's happening?!" He thought, "What have I turned into?!"

He got up, confused and scared of himself, and began running. only to find himself tripping and falling into a small pool of water. As he got up again, he could see his face in the water. It was mostly white, ending with two spikes on both sides, and his hair seemed solid, green and there he had some sort of Mohawk sticking up from it and his eyes was red.

"Calm down" he told himself, sitting on the ground again, this time with his hands pushed against his helm-like hair. "Don't be afraid of yourself"
He took the pictures he had of himself along with the sounds he made when talking, and made them echo through his skull, eventually they felt familiar. He opened his eyes again, got up and looked at himself again, this time he noticed he had a blade stuck on his right elbow. It seemed like it was shaped to fit his arm, and when he grabbed it at the sides of it, he realized it was a part of his arm. "Blade" he thought, "I can't remember my name, so I guess I could call myself that"

Now with the name Blade, he walked away calmly, if not carefully, trying not to trip again.

She heard a voice. Looking up, she could also see who it was coming from. She wiped some tears from her eyes and examined the speaker. A woman...? But not quite. She was pretty, with white skin and a dainty build. Her hair was green. Strange. But then again, she couldn't talk. She was a pink thing with wings! She eyed the speaker.

"I could say the same to you." She said, frowning at the high-pitched and airy tone to her voice.

She looks down at herself, looking at her hands. A tear slides down her face.

"I...I don't know who I am...."

She looks down at the pink girl, a lost look in her eyes.

"....Can...Can you help me...?"

I did it... Victory is mine! Revenge... so sweet... James thought, his final thoughts before blacking out, from a gunshot to the head. He awaited the sweet release of death, a world with no more pain, no more torment...

... And then he woke up...

As his vision, a little blurry at first faded in, James could see green all around him, soon revealing the texture of tall, dense grass. "Huh?" His first word, showing his confusion to his situation, also proved something else... his voice had changed, yet sounded right to him. He felt a small headache, and lifted his arm. It felt heavy for some reason, and when he rubbed the back of his 'hand' against his forehead, he could feel a scaly texture. Then he noticed the other side of his 'hand'.

"What... what is this?" James stared at the blade attached to his arm. It looked kind of like a scythe. He was so shocked, he could only mouth the next word. "... Scyther..." He lifted his other arm... qualitatively the same... And on his back, he could feel several new features... wings... that he flexed while laying on his stomach in the grass. "I'm a Scyther..."

James crawled forward and pushed himself up to his feet. He now had hundreds of different questions and no answers. Key among them, standing out, were, "What happened? Where am I? Who am I? And why am I a Scyther? ... I don't remember a thing..." He looked around at he terrain around him, getting a better view than when he was laying in the grass. He was in a clearing, in the middle of a forest. On the far other side of the clearing, he noticed a couple of creatures standing there. There was a lanky green creature and a stocky pink creature. Suddenly, an overwhelming instinct grabbed a hold of him, particularly as he stared at the pink creature. "... Prey..." Before he knew it, his vision changed rapidly, as he began to charge at the Clefable, his eyes locked on it and his arm-blades pointed backward horizontally, kept in place from the wind resistance. He wasn't used to moving in his body, so he wasn't nearly as fast as a well-trained Scyther, but for the first time, he felt free, strong, in control of his own life. ... And he was still pretty darn fast...

"Snap out of it..." Waterfall said groggily to himself. He had been floating in the water and staring at the waterfall for what seemed days to him, but only was a few minutes, hypnotized by the beauty of it, the only thing in his head being the waterfall. "That thing is fucking dangerous..." He was referring to the waterfall, specifically the bottom part of it, where his eyes had been drawn to almost immediantly after waking up to his new body and new life.

He was about to leave when he sensed a presence, and sniffed a scent out of the air. "Wha...?" He didn't know he had such sharp senses. "Who's there?" He jumped out of the water and onto land, staring in the direction of where he had felt the presence. His eyes once again fell upon the waterfall, the bottom part of it, but he was not hypnotized, however, as he had been before. The only thing that sounded in the air was the waterfall, nothing else. Waterfall's senses stayed sharp, focusing on the waterfall, listening to the rumble of the vertical wall of water fell on the horisontal water, looking for any sign of movement in the falling water. His eyes didn't blink in minutes, still staring at the waterfall, and his body in a position he had never stood in before, he assumed it was his fighting position.

"Come out! I know you're there!!" Waterfall shouted again. No response. "All right, you asked for it!" He ran across the edge of where the land met water, and just when he was about to jump into the raging wall of water, a voice, almost hypnotizing and somehow familiar, like if he had heard it before it sounded... human, said.

"Powder snow~!" And the waterfall froze, along with some of the river. It was almost more beautiful than when it was moving. Waterfall was confused 'What the hell? Is it a Pokémon in there?' Then the frozen waterfall burst into pieces, and in the midst of all the ice, a fist appeared. 'It's... It's a human!' Waterfall first thought, as the fist was human, although purple, but Waterfall shrugged it off 'A human wearing gloves, obviously, and purple ones too'. But then the rest of the body emerged from the chaos of falling ice. It was big as a normal bush and appeared feminime, although ugly. She was wearing a dark pink dress, and a bra the same colour with golden edges and she had blonde hair. She had gigantic lips and a purple face with slightly annoyed eyes. She landed on the ice on the water which she had frozen.

"What? But you're not a human?" Weird. Waterfall wasn't even sure what a human was, but he knew this wasn't one. His expression changed from angry to confused.

"Well of course not, I'm a normal Pokémon! AND how dare you yell at me?! I could stay in there for ever and ever and ever watching you~!!" What? Where 'in there'? The waterfall, maybe there was a cave behind it? Yes, that made sense.

"What the? Watch me forever? Could it be... that you hypnotized me to make me stare at the waterfall all day?" He pointed a paw accusingly at the Jynx, now he wasn't confused anymore. Now he noticed his mind had felt really shrouded and weird since he woke up, but not anymore. "Also... Could it be that you hypnotized me so that I lost all my memories?" He sneered.

The Jynx gasped at the second sentence. "Well, I admit I hypnotized you so that you stared at me -because, as you saw, I was there-, but I certainly did not make you lose your memories!" She humphed, crossed her arms and looked away from Waterfall, apparently she didn't like what he had said.

"Uhh... Sorry, I guess. But... Please tell me what happened. How did I get here? Do you know me somehow?" His eyes were pleading now, looking at the Jynx and trying to get her to look at him back, only to get her to answer, of course.

"Well..." Her voice rised and she looked at Waterfall again. "I've been living here my whole life and all, but I've never seen something like that happen before." She tapped a finger on her chin.

"What? What happened?" The Buizel said, his voice pleading for her to keep going.

"Well... I was about to go my morning stroll, and I had just exited my cave -Which is behind the waterfall- when I saw some kind of white glowing on the bottom of the river. Then the water bubbled, like if it was boiling, and then your head just popped up. I hid after the bubbling, of course, which sane Pokémon would have stayed after that? Just after that you gained conciousness and I was too afraid to see you." She blushed slightly.

"Then why did you hypnotize me?" Waterfall demanded.

"You were so cute, when you were looking towards me..." She blushed even more.

"..." Waterfall sighed. "You've given me more questions than answers, I am afraid. But I think I'll leave you now, I have to find out more about myself. Bye" And then he waved her off and jumped into the river, which was slightly colder from the ice further up, but it didn't harm him.

The Jynx, however, seemed sad that he was leaving, but she couldn't swim and she couldn't keep up with him on land, because of her damn dress making her trip all the time. "Bye, my prince, byyyyeeee!!" She yelled after him.

Waterfall just sighed, and continued swimming south.

((Wow, this came out much, much longer than I first expected, sorry >_<))

Back
Top Bottom