• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

Ending power-down in 3...2...1-

Ravage jumped up, fully charged, weapons at the ready.

"Have a good power-down?" Spire asked, who hadn't moved from his earlier position.

"As good as it can with our species," Ravage said, and then turned to Bonecrusher's idle disguise.

"All clear," he said, "You can return to your natural shape now."

A few moments passed, and then the massive vehicle shifted to the even larger robot.

"And so we begin," Bonecrusher said, "What sort of challenges will this new enemy bring to us?"

Logoth stirred and sat up. He slept well and knew he would need it. Rumaging threw his pack he pulled out an unripe orange and began to eat it. Continuing to go through the pack pulling out a small bag and a coffee press,
"Is there time for coffee? If so who wants some?"
Logoth asked through a mouth full of orange.

((Where have I heard that before?))

Galacta Knight grunted, stirring a bit, before finally getting up. Sitting down was somewhat awkward when you had an anatomy like his, so he stood. He began to recall what he had been dreaming about the night before; since it was the first time he went to sleep since he was sealed away in suspended animation, it was a shock to his brain, making them quite... surreal. But still vivid.

He snapped out of his thoughts and immediately said, "I'll give everyone still sleeping ten seconds before I give them a shot of my beam whip."

((I have no idea why I posted that bit about the dreams, but it sure makes me look like I know what I'm doing!))

Tails snapped awake, mechanical parts flying from his lap. He looked around frantically and scrambled to pick them all up before they got lost.

Sonic's awakening, however, was much more peaceful. He woke up much the same way he had fallen asleep, with a stretch and a loud yawn. "So I guess today's the day, huh?" he said, almost lazily.

Tails shoved the last of the pieces into the bag. "Yeah..." he said, nervously.

"Geez, Tails, you need to relax, "Sonic said, "You know how much we've been though. This can't be much worse than what we've seen, plus we've got quite a team here to help us out. It'll be okay."

Tails nodded. "You're right..." he answered, though part of him wasn't convinced that he was.

Kuro shook Sand. "Nozomi... Leave me alone for, oh, two more hours please..." he mumbled. Kuro smacked him. "OW! For the last d-" Sand looked at Kuro, "Oh. Well, couldn't you have let me sleep?" Kuro shook her head.

"Nope. Today's that day we try to defeat a god," she replied.

"Just what I wanted to do..." Sand mumbled. He sat up and yawned. "Aren't you normally still asleep right now?" he asked as he pulled out a Pecha Berry and took a bite out of it. Kuro shrugged.

"I can make exceptions. Can you hand me one of those?" Sand threw her a second Pecha Berry. "Thanks." After nibbling on the end of the berry she looked up to the sky. "So..." She looked at Taunos. "What's the plan of attack?"

"Well, first we have to assess everyone's abilities.", Taunos replied, "There's not much of a plan besides us entering, on our toes, and then we'll have to combine strengths, cover weaknesses, and all that. Though he might try and avoid us at first, finish through traps and trickery, Kil'jaeden is still an eredar warlock, an extremely powerful being. While he does have some fiery attacks, his primary offense will be shadow spells, against which I have no way of improving our resistance, as I mentioned before."

"And so we keep hitting him, assuming we don't die," Geralt asked, "but if he can't kill him on our own, what do we do?"

"Banishment, but that's not going to be easy at all. Last we fought him, the Sunwell's magicks rebounded against him, which forced him back. I have no power compared to a fountain of magical power."

"So... is this hopeless, then?", Geralt concluded.

"We need some sort of help, don't we?", Taunos answered, "But if everything is warped the way it is, that certainly won't be easy to come by."

Logoth had an idea, he sighed,
"There is a way for me to gather Arcane energy. It may be different than this world's but it might be useful. I gather it from every being with a free will. The problem is it lasts only for 30 minutes and depending on the size of the my opponent it may take a minute or two to gather the energy."
He stared at the ground, twindling his thumbs. His words were nervous and had good reason to be. He had only ever gathered insignifcant amounts. He was hoping the others didn't take him as a fool but it was worth a shot.

"Interesting...", Taunos said, "However, I have no way to harnessing arcane energy, as I have no knowledge of arcane magicks, and we have no magi with us. Perhaps it could power a spell, however more likely to happen would be a clash with the spiritual elemental energy I use."

"So...", Geralt postulated, having little knowledge of magic despite using it rather often, "it might fizzle?"

"That's one way to put it.", Taunos said.

"Well, like you said," Geralt offered, "What are our collective abilities?"

"Yes. If we can know that, we can dole out our roles.", Taunos said, speaking from experience, "And by focusing on what we can do, we'll keep ourselves alive longer."

"Unfortunately," Geralt said after that, "I can't do much now. My signs won't help against this Kil'jaeden if he is as powerful as you say. So all I really have left would be swordfighting."

"Fair enough," Taunos replied reassuringly, "if that's all you can do, so be it. I will be keeping away from the action and supporting everyone else. It's what I do best, really."

Kuro paused, thinking about how she could explain things. "If we can attack at night I can attack with what I guess is magic. And if Sand here would stop trying to pretend he's normal,"

"I'm not pretending to be anything!"

"He could do something. And we have our Pokémon. Two of mine and one of Sand's may be immune due to being immune to psychic powers, but I doubt it," she replied.

"Bonecrusher and I specialize in various forms of combat," Ravage said, "Bonecrusher's got some deadly hand-to-hand skills, but his cannon is also a very dangerous weapon. I have countless weapons concealed in this frame, which can handle at any and all ranges, though my personal favorites are my tail laser and the plasma cannon in my back."

"I have a total of seven weapons in my cannon," Spire said, "Some are built with close combat in mind, others are best used from a distance. My seventh weapon is the most dangerous, so it's best used as a last resort. I don't expect to use it, though; with all of us, we could easily take the creature down without having to resort to drastic measures."

"Don't be so sure," Ravage warned, "You might have to use that weapon."

"Well," Galacta Knight turned his attention to the group, clearly delighted with the subject. "I can perform short-ranged melee techniques with my lance, which can also generate a beam-whip to attack at a distance, I can create pillars of flame which erupt from the ground, twisters which travel along the ground, or one smaller one which engulfs my body. If I strike the ground with my lance, I can also create a shockwave which lasts no more than two seconds and slices anything in its path, and my shield can generate a cutter in the shape of an arc. Oh, and if I charge my lance with energy, I can travel thrice as fast when airborne, effectively turning myself into a lethal projectile."

Top that.

((Exo, let me know if I've left out anything noteworthy.))

Vai rubbed the remainder of sleep from her face, and stretched, just catching the end of everyone's' conversation. Crap, I must have fallen asleep before the sun rose. Well, no one seems to be dead or injured, so there were no attacks..

"Well, anyone trained in our areas are incredibly fast and do heavy damage close up, can heal ourselves just by holding still, though that takes energy, and can speed up everyone here, though that takes energy too, as you've seen from our earlier fight. I'm not sure if that affected some of you."

Looking around, Vai put a hand in her pocket. "Also, I carry around a lot of healing things." She smirked at Galacta Knight, who seemed to be incredibly pleased with himself. Though when you're next to death and can't move, what're you gonna do then?

"Ravage would be right.", Taunos added to Spire, "It'll take all we can do to keep on fighting, much less weaken Kil'jaeden."

Taunos then compiled what everyone else said in his mind, and then continued, "Well I suppose we have something of a balance here."

"Well what's missing here, then, that keeps us short of a 'good' balance?", Geralt asked with a bit of disdain.

"I would much prefer a priest being here with us. My own healing powers won't keep up if I have to do a myriad of other things too. Perhaps a paladin, too.", Taunos explained.

"I see... Anyway, do you have any sort of structure planned out?", Geralt asked.

"Ah, yes," Taunos went on to describe what everyone should do, "I believe Bonecrusher and Logoth could absorb damage the best. You'll have to be at the forefront, but I can keep you alive. Well, I don't know about Bonecrusher, actually. I suggest staying close, if possible, as I don't think Kil'jaeden particularly enjoys engaging up close. Geralt, Galacta Knight, and Vai are both fast and capable of doing good amounts of damage up close, so I suggest drawing Kil'jaeden away from them."

Taunos then addressed Spire and Ravage, "I suggest staying back a bit with me, and letting your ranged weapons do the work."

He then turned towards Kuro and Sand, "Ah yes, these Pokemon creatures I encountered during our last foray. They seem to be an extremely varied sort, though, so it would be helpful if I know your specific Pokemon's abilities."

Vai snapped her fingers, an idea popping into her mind. "Well, what if we split ourselves into a few groups and attacked him or her or whatever rapidly, to keep him or it turning and not knowing who to attack or defend from next? And.. would you happen to know if he takes more damage from physical blows or magic?" She took a dagger out and wiped some of the dried stuff from the day before off. Why hadn't she thought of doing that before?

"If only it were that easy.", Taunos rebutted, "However, it's a pitched battle for him. We're fighting on his terms, unfortunately. Even if we could, he's able to attack all of us simultaneously. However, we should avoid approaching all at once, and at least sticking to the groups I laid out. It wouldn't surprise me if he had lesser demons to protect him, too. What is he weak to? Nothing in particular."

"Well that's just great.", Geralt noted.

"Nothing in particular..." Spire muttered, Guess I'll be using that weapon again.

"Spire, I need to know an analysis of your remaining weapons," Ravage said, "Then I can formulate a likely battle plan for us two."

"If only it were as easy as that," Bonecrusher said, "Then the war would be over, and we wouldn't be here."

"I know, but it's a start," Ravage shot back, "This way, we have a fighting chance."

"Well," Kuro started, "I have an Umbreon and an Absol. They are Dark-types. This means that the fight a bit dirty. They cannot be harmed by Psychic moves, resist other Dark types and Ghost types, and are weak to Bug types and Fighting types. They are super-effective against Ghost and Psychic and are resisted by Dark, Fighting, and Steel types. Umbreon can also heal himself at night. Absol has a really special power. She can sense disasters. This has actually caused humans to blame Absol for disasters." Sand then began to speak.

"As for mine, I have a Venusaur: a Grass-Poison type, Starmie: a Water-Psychic type, Houndoom: a Fire-Dark type, Luxray: an Electric type, Froslass: an Ice-Ghost type, and Sandslash: a Ground type. It would take a while to explain all the weaknesses and stuff. Let's just say that my team is pretty well balanced." Kuro looked at Taunos.

"And I forgot to mention that at night I have super-strength, basically. I'm pretty good in the day too. So if you need anyone to physically fight something, I can help," she told Taunos.

Last edited:
Logoth agreed with the method of attack. But he still didn't like terms. It could too easily be a trap and being unfamilar with the terrain he could make no suggestions.
"I could only argue with the terrain but I'll have to trust your judgement. Anyway I may not be much of a match for a god in my current state. I may ask you guys to give me a minute or 2 to harvest some energy. I could be much more helpful to Bonecrusher in that state."
Logoth was guessing Bonecrusher was everything he wasn't. He acutally hoped the robot could fight longer than he could.

"Tails," Sonic said, his voice surprisingly serious, "We might have to separate if that's what'll work out best for the group. Are you okay with that?"

Tails stood quiet for a few moments, trying to gain confidence from his memories of success on his own. I saved Station Square...I can do this...I can.... He forced himself to nod.

Sonic gave him a smile. "You'll be alright." He put his hand on his friend's head and rustled his fur, and Tails couldn't help but smile a bit himself. They both turned back to face the group.

"We're both light and fast," Sonic said, "I'm faster, but Tails has a bit more firepower to back him up, plus he can fly. I have the Power Rings, and my speed can make strong bursts of wind and even tornadoes sometimes. But neither of us can take much damage. We do have shields to help glance off some blows, but they only do so much."

"Resistance to dark? Hm, perhaps they may resist shadow spells.", Taunos guessed, "Certainly a plus to have a wide array in any case. Kuro, I would prefer if you stayed back a bit to let your Pokemon do more of the work."

He turned to Sonic and Tails, "Precisely why I had grouped you in the fast attack group, you two didn't seem like the sturdy sort. But yes, you shouldn't stay too close to each other to avoid being taken out in one fell swoop."

"And I suppose that's everybody.", Taunos told everyone, "Be wary. Like I mentioned earlier, this is essentially his pitched battle. I have no way of knowing what this citadel hides. However, I personally know he can be beaten, even if it will at least seem nearly impossible."

He stood up, "May the Earth Mother smile upon you.", he said.

Taunos then began walking towards the citadel. Geralt followed wordlessly.

Back
Top Bottom