• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

Mara woke up, her jaw thrashing, biting at empty air.
"Man, I coulda sworn I was hitting the motherload with that rich boy and
his persian."
Mara sighed. “ I have those dreams all the time, I guess. To bad he passed through two days ago..
But… Hey!! Where am I?”
"I musta been sleep running. The cops are getting tricky."
"Yeah.."
"Doesn't look like theres much people here." She looked around, seeing nothing but grass and rocks.
“Where do I go?" She asked herself.
“Well, momma Maw always said trust you’re instincts.” She shrugged, then headed forward.

Last edited:
((Dragonair: I'm sorry, I should have put it in the rules, but character introduction can only be done in the Plains unless there's a special case. If that's where you intended your character to be, then you're okay and we'll meet up with you in a bit, but proper introduction in the group won't be for a little bit. :D))

((I'll take this chance to introduce Yua.))

There really wasn't anything in any direction. Nothing but golden grass. Really, nothing but golden grass. Yua couldn't quite comprehend it. Where was she? She'd never heard of a place like this, at least, not in Japan. Or any place she'd been.

However, there was one thing breaking up the landscape. Many things. Crystals, but they didn't have the landscape reflected in them.

Yua pulled her cell phone out of her bag, which she conveniently had. However, there was no signal.

She then noticed another thing broke up the view. It was far away, but she saw a short figure in the distance, it had a strange outline...

(I'm thinking you saw mara)
Mara stopped, feeling the smallest sensasion of being followed. Her jaw tightened,
and she cracked her knuckles, turning around to face her tailist.
"Hopefully this'll just be another street crook." She muttered.
"Can't manage to break out of jail."

((Two figures appear in the distance!))

"Hey. Hey, stupid cat. Get up now." Mana growled at the voice, and shuffled around, still some form of asleep. Mistral sighed and with an underused front claw, picked the Gatomon up and dropped her.

"I'm awake- what." Mana woke with a start and rubbed her eyes, finding that the light was abnormally brighter than in the Tamer home. "This isn't the Tamer home," she muttered. A bit more awake, Mana looked up at the Halsemon. "So.. we're on a plain when we should be back in the Tamer home?" Thinking hard, she frowned. "Were we not in a battle before we got here?"

"You pick things up fast," Mistral sighed. "Anyways, I woke up a minute or two before you, and well. There are a few crystals and mirrors in the distance, and two lumps of.. moving mass?" Squinting, Mistral tried to make out what she saw. "Anyways, whatever. We have to figure out how to get back, since very clearly this isn't our home." Ripping up some grass with her beak, Mistral leaned to the side and Mana hopped up and onto her back.
-----

"How do we know you won't lie," Vai asked. Turning to Taunos and Geralt, she smirked. "I lost you after 'Mount Hyjal', but if it involves killing things and stupid monsters I'll do it." Of course, she thought. She looked up at Kil'jaeden, studying him. Like she had expected, he was a giant demon monster-thing and may or may not be lying through his teeth. Vai sighed. She was just there for the.. killing? To save the world? In any case, this wasn't her world, so she had no right to make any decisions about its' outcome. Blinking, she waited for Taunos' responce.

Last edited:
Two more appeared. They definitely weren't human, also appearing too short. In fact, they almost appeared as animals. Indeed, there seemed to be a bird and a cat, but they were standing upright. The other figure Yua noticed earlier didn't look like any sort of animal, though. There was something attached to the back of it's head.

Fear gripped Yua, What exactly is this? A delusion projected by some new Noah?, she thought.

((Whee, passing time until Kali gets back))

Samus Aran sat in the cockpit of her gunship, trying to get an idea of where she was. She had never seen anywhere quite like this, nothing but flat, grassy terrain for thousands of miles...

"Well, this is new..." She said, a hint of rarely-heard surprise in her voice. "Location?" she asked the ship.

Samus sighed. "Well, then. I guess I'll take a look around...Atmosphere?" she asked again.

-ATMOSPHERE CONSISTS OF 16% OXYGEN, 2% HYDROGEN, AND 77% NITROGEN. ATMOSPHERE IS BREATHABLE. PRESSURE IS 14.7 POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH. PRESSURE IS STABLE-

She stood up and left the cockpit towards the exit elevator. She paused before reaching the exit.

"I can't take my chances." she said as she tapped a small button on the arm of her Zero Suit. A blinding flash filled the cramped quarters of the gunship as she hovered a few inches off the floor, nanomachines rushing wildly over her entire body, covering it with thick armor. A few seconds later, she landed with a metallic clink.

Good old Varia suit. Hope I don't lose it this time...

"Lock up." She told the ship as she entered the elevator. As she descended, she heard the security systems click into place.

She stepped out on the grass. The elevator retracted with a soft whoosh. In the distance she saw some faint shapes, looked almost like people. She armed her cannon and checked her stock of missiles, then approached cautiously.

(okay, I'm back :p sorry for the wait. SEF's becoming DM again for now, after this post)

"Leave the mortal world alone?" Kil'jaeden chuckled. "I only promised to allow you to close the rift. I will create a portal to Northrend, for otherwise the journey will take too long, and should you be successful, I will reopen the portal. Zook will be going with you, and he'll inform me of your progress."

The Faerie Dragon nodded, speaking telepathically. "All right, I understand. Come, this way." He began to fly back out, across to the other side of the main chamber, and entered a portal room. Within moments, the portal began to swirl and shine, activating. Zook waited for the group to gather nearby, then flew into it.

As he exited, he found himself in a valley, surrounded by small, snow-topped hills. However, the ground through the bottom of the valley was not covered in snow, but appeared to be a charred, cracked, black wasteland, steaming with an odd, sulphuric gas. Up ahead in the distance was a tall, steep, icy hill, shaped like a lighthouse. Another citadel appeared to be situated on top. Zook turned around toward the portal, watching for the others to come.

((why not?))

Baldur sat up from where he was laying. He rubbed his sore head but imedditaly noticed something. There was no ice or snow. He wasn't in his world anymore. Standing up he quickly scanned the horizon. Several humans so the god expected dimplomacy. But other creatures worried him. He began to make his way to the others.

With one last wary look at the Dragon, Ravage entered the portal. Bonecrusher and Spire followed suit, and the trio emerged in a valley that didn't seem to prefer hot or cold temperatures. Spire took note of the imposing citadel that was perched at the top of an ice-covered hill.

And so the endgame begins in earnest.
----
((Guess who's being introduced?))

What... what is this place?

The being stood up, clutching at his head. The last thing he remembered was being in the Shadow Realm, where his weaker self had forfeited the duel, and destroyed him.

But this place... is certainly not the Shadow Realm. It is far too peaceful.

I must find those fools who caused me to come here. I just trust that my duel disk is still-

He glanced over at his left arm, only to find that his duel disk was gone. Instead, there was now a golden, scythe-shaped object, with the famed eye of Wdjat carved onto one end of it, as well as have five slots on the flat edge of the blade, the perfect size for cards, not too mention a slot that would hold a deck.

What?! This is no Millennium Item that I have seen before! Did the rod become this?!

He checked his belt, and was relieved to find the staff was there. He was surprised, however, to find three small rectangular boxes hooked onto it.

He didn't even hesitate in opening one and looking at the cards inside.

Reflect Bounder... Tragoedia.. these aren't mine! When would I have-

Still looking through the cards, he stopped at one that looked like a giant drill creature.

That one, he recognized.

I don't know what is responsible for this, he thought, but I will enjoy finding out, even if I have to destroy all those who are here to do so. And speaking of which...

He spotted several beings in the distance. Deciding that going there was the best place to start in his search, he slowly walked over.

I'll find out everything about this place, at any cost.

Geralt jumped through. The scene was a smelly, hellish one, a sulfuric wasteland of a valley surrounded by snow-capped hills. One peak seemed very different from the others, for it was capped with an icy structure.

Taunos followed suit.

"So... anything special we need to note about Northrend?", Geralt asked of Taunos.

"Not that I know of.", Taunos answered, "To be honest, I've never ventured up here before."

"Again with the pitched battle.", Geralt sighed, "Should be interesting. And what of this Lich King figure?"

"The Lich King commands the entire undead Scourge. Just watch out, besides the inevitable horde of undead, the Lich King himself is probably a rather powerful being.", Taunos said, unsure of what exactly they would face.

"Hell of a time to run out of blade oil.", Geralt noted sourly.

---

There was now a huge, hulking figure, and another one who looked more human. Not that she could trust anybody right now.

Where on earth would I run away to?, Yua thought, Moreover, how would I run if this were a projected delusion?

((If it is OK, I'll interduce him now, and send a .... welcoming party...))

Artas rose from his throne, he had just heard from a gargoyle scout that a Tauren, farie dragon, and other strange beings are nearby. He wondered if he had finally found some worthy opponents. He decided to test their mettle. He sent some very special undead at them.

"You" he shouted, pointing at a random Necromancer "Gather up 5 ghouls, a abomanation, a lich and a Death Knight to meet up with these newcomers. And send Sindragosa to observe the battle. And make sure she does not fight."

And with that he sat back at his throne, whispering a spell that lets him see through Sindargosa's eyes.

Following the others of her group, Vai leapt through the portal and surveyed the scene around her. "Pleasant place," she muttered, catching the end of Taunos and Geralt's conversation but not processing it. So they were here to fight, of course.. Looking up at the sky, she pulled out a dagger and tested its edge on her finger. Nice and sharp. Great.
----
Mistral begun to walk, the Gatomon on her back squinting into the distance. "We're actually not too far away from the other figures," she called. "Do you think they're friendly?"

"What does it matter," Mistral laughed. "We can probably take anything on, anyways. Should we send up a signal of some kind? So they know we're here?"

"They can probably see us," Mana mused. "But go ahead. If we get in a fight, you're doing all the work," she laughed. Nodding, Mistral looks up and two thin red lights shoot upwards from her eyes, disappearing into the sky. "Eye lasers," Mana muttered, and leaned back on Mistral's back. If they were lucky they wouldn't have a fight.

Galacta Knight scanned the horizon, spotting the citadel in the distance. Seeing that Zook was still waiting for the others, he decided to move things along. "You know the way, I'm assuming," he looked up at the faerie, momentarily flashing a glare. "Go on." His fellow adventurers could burn in Hotbeat if they were going to hold him up, even by seconds.
---
Musyamon grimaced. He couldn't go on like this. A virus-stricken Kyukimon had ambushed him while he was traveling through one of the warped areas of the Digital World, and he had no choice but to attempt to fend it off. Not at all likely unless he could finally pull off a Digivolution to the Ultimate level; of course, that didn't happen.

He struggled to his feet, and in one final act of self-defense, fired off an attack.

"Shogun Sword!"

His katana aflame with blue fire, he swung. The flames leaped off the blade and took the form of a dragon spirit, barreling into the shocked Kyukimon, unaware that its opponent had not yet finished. Much to the dismay, but not surprise, of Musyamon, the bladed creature did nothing more than wince before the flaming spirit evaporated. Its eyes flashed with berserk fury, and Musyamon couldn't help but feel sympathetic for that instant. What had that Digimon done to deserve this? It happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, that was all.

"Blade Twister!" the Kyukimon hissed. And it was over.

Kotemon opened his eyes, two glowing balls of yellow light, and sunlight streamed in through his guard. He shut them again. This was definitely not the heavily forested area he had just been in. In fact, he wasn't even sure if he was still in the Digital World. The atmosphere instantly brought back memories of his old home with the humans, a mixture of grief and nostalgia. Why was he here? The last thing he could remember was losing to a virus-crazed Digimon--nay, dying. This came as no surprise, since there was just a freak outbreak. But why did it happen? What was causing this sudden instability? And why wasn't he, y'know, dead?

Voices in the distance roused him from his thoughts. He instantly sat up and looked around, panicked. If only he were still Musyamon, rather than this jittery mouse of a Digimon. Reluctantly, he got up and approached the newcomers; namely, a Halsemon and a Gatomon.

"Hi, I'm Kotemon, what is your name, or is it your species, do you know why I'm here, do you know why you're here, do you have Tamers, are you from these parts?" The words came out rushed. Well, he was very anxious to know the answers to all those questions.

((Did I overdo it? Well, who cares, I had fun with it. Perhaps this character won't be so boring after all.))

((JUMPIN' ON THE BANDWAGONNN-Okay I'll stop.))
Vworp Vworp Vworp..
Oh, that lovely sound.. Of course, so was anything that wasn't one of the multitude of others. The TARDIS getting eaten by Cthulhu, etc etc.
The Doctor opened the door to find an absolutely enormous field, nothing but grass as far as he could see. Except for the giant yellow ship of some kind that made the TARDIS seem absolutely tiny by comparison (Given that it was a police box), sitting about 20 feet away. Stepping outside, he could see what looked like a human-sized robot, or maybe somebody in odd-looking armor. Probably quite dangerous.
He ran after it.
"Hello there!"

Last edited:
Logoth folowed everyone else throught the portal. Imeditaly on the other side his uneasy felling became more. He drew his sword and adjusted his helmet.

---

Baldur saw the lasers in the sky.
That looks like those carbonic pistols Tyr showed me. Only he lost his hand.
He imeditaly drew his own glass pistols and held them at his belt where a small sliver of the glass plates was removed to be used as ammo. He began to close in on the lights.

Mara looked at all the shadows before her.
She recoiled slightly when her eyes rested on a humanlike shadow.Human. Possibly a trainer. Pokeballs are impossible to escape from. But if
she's not...
She looked at all the shapes and sizes, possibly pokemon,
possibly not. She's safer than them. She decided, then, at a quick
and steady pace, she walked towards the human, slowly getting
ready for a possible battle.

Mistral reared back at the sudden appearance of the Kotemon, and Mana fell off her back. "That was quick," she whispered, and dove behind the Halsemon. Mistral sighed. She usually got like this around others.

"Uh. I'm Mistral and this-" Damn, she was so tempted to say scaredy-cat. "..Is Mana. You're here because you're dead," she spat sarcastically, "but we're not because we're demons, and our Tamer.. I have no idea."

"You're not dead," Mana piped up. "And we just appeared here too."

The being known as Yami Marik saw several strange lights in the distance.

That would be my rallying point. Whoever sent those is about to get a nasty surprise.

He placed the first deck he'd grabbed into the duel disk (or duel scythe, he wasn't sure what it really was now,) and was about to draw when something occurred to him:

I wouldn't want to reveal my main strategies to whoever these beings are... the rod will suffice.

With that, he pulled out the staff from his belt, and began to run.

Who will be the first to fall victim to the Shadow Realm?

Back
Top Bottom