• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Secret Link...again

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
The other topic was too old, and bumping it might not be the best idea.

So, talk about the Secret Link, but don't give it away. Thats the fun of trying to get to it....even though i'm stuck on clue 3. X|

So, how far have you gotten on it?

((If the other topic should be bumped, then this can go ignored. 3X))

I found it because I found it on the old site, and they are basically in the same location as it was a few years ago, and back then it was super-easy to find, so yeah. The secret link is awesome because it contains the Writing Guide, which I really, really love. I still consult it for my stories, as Butterfree is just that good.

I have yet to find it, although the last line on clue 3 must be really important.

"is actually 88, and also 31"

I know theres a way to actually manipulate it to get to there, but you'd have to haveinsane luck for it. =/

If you mean URL manipulation, that only works for the clues; the filename of the actual secret page is a long string of complete nonsense.

(Also, ugh, the writing guide is old and bad and ick.)

The clues are clues. They're just very vague and unhelpful ones. If somebody finds all the clues and actually figures out where the secret link is located as a result I really commend their puzzle-solving skills.

I've tried URL manipulation on the first three clues, then found the 3 clues legitly, however, i cannot get to the fourth clue, even with URL manipulation.

I know 88 and 31 mean Teehee, you didnt think i'd say it, would you. XD , but i still could not figure it out. How to get to the fourth clue. =\

...how can you not be able to get to the fourth clue even with URL manipulation? o_O I mean, it's in a very, very subtle place (I only know of a couple of people who have actually legitimately found clue four), but actually accessing the fourth clue's page with URL manipulation is exactly the same as accessing any other clue with URL manipulation.

Also, did you miss the bit where the clues don't point towards the next clue? The third clue has nothing to do with where the fourth clue is. The clues are all tips for the search for the secret link in general; it's not a linear progression from clue to clue.

Can I just say that looking for the secret link is almost maddening and took over half my life before I found it 2 days ago?
I never found clue four. I commend those who have, because I thought I looked everywhere possible.

I legitimately found all five clues about a year ago, although I can't remember where any of them but clue five are now. I bookmarked them immediately, anyways. I even have a document on my computer where I've put speculations about what they mean. Because I don't really want to randomly search the site. I think I'm getting fairly close, though.

Also, is there anyone who doesn't know what 88 and 31 mean?

Last edited:
If you mean URL manipulation, that only works for the clues; the filename of the actual secret page is a long string of complete nonsense.

that's actually much more helpful a hint than at least three of the clues themselves.

...how can you not be able to get to the fourth clue even with URL manipulation? o_O I mean, it's in a very, very subtle place (I only know of a couple of people who have actually legitimately found clue four), but actually accessing the fourth clue's page with URL manipulation is exactly the same as accessing any other clue with URL manipulation.

does anyone still read it? when was the last time an access to it was logged? (I mean, apart from the fact that I don't believe it's reasonably possible to actually read the page it's on anymore without some trickery.)

The fourth clue has been moved from where it originally was to somewhere that uses a similar principle but is still accessible and makes more sense than the original location. (Well, technically that location is not the original but instead the second location, but yeah, that's inaccessible so it had to be put somewhere else.)

No nonsense. The secret link. It's where you search the main site for the clues. It's in a very subtle place. If you look at the other Topic called secret link, which i dont think should be bumped, then it'll tell you about it. Not where it is, but about it.

Funny thing, actually; I found the Secret Link a few years ago completely by accident. *laugh* I was just on one random page, not really thinking about the Secret Link at all, and... I don't remember, I guess maybe my arm bumped the mouse or something? I dunno, but either way the next thing I knew, I was on the Secret Link page~ I still wish I'd screenshot it, but oh well...

are we allowed to inquire as to what the secret link leads to? Is it just some "congratulations" page like the Marquee of Doom (which I survived, by the way), or is it something really neat and worth all the effort I understand must be gone through to find it?

are we allowed to inquire as to what the secret link leads to? Is it just some "congratulations" page like the Marquee of Doom (which I survived, by the way), or is it something really neat and worth all the effort I understand must be gone through to find it?

The Marquee of doom was fucking hard! When i just went to eat dinner, it said "You missed the prize, boo you!"... I threw my laptop at the wall and then tried again.

The secret link is hard for me, cause i could only get to clue 3.

Back
Top Bottom