• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Should there be anime only pokemon

Should the anime have pokemon that are not going to be put into a game

• No

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

Cyndaquil

Flare up your ideas, be careful not to burn them~
I think there should be pokemon that are exclusive to the anime. But what do you think? Should there be anime only pokemon?

Hmm, I wouldn't really think it'd be such a good idea. All it would spawn is fake 'cheats' on how to get them in the games.

Last edited:
^ That's true. It would be different to see some anime only Pokemon, but with all the fake cheats going on now, I don't think we want anymore so-called cheats.

Though anime only pokemon would add some intrest but yeah your probably right.

Umm yeah and if there where pokemon that you can't get that might upset people. (like me) unless they were all crappy ugly weak pokemon. And there are indeed, WAY to many fake cheats!

yes! i want to get all pokemon and if i can i be mad.

too late for you. There's already celebi! but imo anime oly pokemon would suck relatively hard, unless they did so, but then put them in next gen, but put it in the anime without us knowing what it is. Then when they release those shillouettes like the ones on serebii, people can be all "omg, [ash's current partner/] has something that looks like that!" As people look at the pic skeptically. That would be coolieo.

10th anniversary celebi. I have one.

As for the subject, no, there should not be any Anime-only pokemon, although I do like the idea of them being in the anime before they come to the games... of course, they already do that (togepi, munchlax, lucario, weavile, etc.)

No. That would be quite confusing. D: And it would spawn so many fake cheats and fan arguments...

And it wouldn't be fair. =\ If they come out with a really awesome one, I want it in the games!

Fuck no. The central point of Pokemon is the GAMES, and from what I know a lot more people are into the games than the cartoon. It would be plain stupid to introduce a Pokemon that game players can't actually catch.

No.

Hell no.

That would just be plain...stupid. It would begin to turn me off of the Pokemon franchise, considering that if they made anime exclusive Pokemon, it would mean that the franchise is beginning to focus more on the anime than the games.

Now how fun would that be?

That's a preposterous idea! Don't you know that the anime is more of a spin-off of the franchise? From what I know, Nintendo have no part in its creation, so why should it have its own exclusive Pokémon?

...no. It would sorta defeat the point of "catching them all", wouldn't it?

And from a marketing perspective, what would they ever gain by having a Pokémon in the anime and not putting it in the games? If people think the Pokémon is awesome in the anime, it could get them to buy the games to have one of their own; meanwhile, people aren't going to be more likely to watch the anime just because some Pokémon is in it that isn't in the games. (They'd probably be interested in seeing it, but they can do that by looking at pictures, and the anime can get the advantages of this anyway by including new Pokémon before the games they're from come out.)

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else. The only reason I'll even make a point of watching the anime these days is to see a Pokemon or NPC I liked in the game. I think it's been said before that one of the main purposes for the anime is to showcase the monsters from the games. The games are the main part of the franchise; the anime just brings the world from the games more to life and gives typically younger fans (and, okay, older fans too) something else to enjoy.

And anyway, if there were a particularly cool Pokemon that wasn't obtainable in any game, I'd get pissed because I'd want one of my own. >:[

...no. It would sorta defeat the point of "catching them all", wouldn't it?

And from a marketing perspective, what would they ever gain by having a Pokémon in the anime and not putting it in the games? If people think the Pokémon is awesome in the anime, it could get them to buy the games to have one of their own; meanwhile, people aren't going to be more likely to watch the anime just because some Pokémon is in it that isn't in the games. (They'd probably be interested in seeing it, but they can do that by looking at pictures, and the anime can get the advantages of this anyway by including new Pokémon before the games they're from come out.)

Fuck no. The central point of Pokemon is the GAMES, and from what I know a lot more people are into the games than the cartoon. It would be plain stupid to introduce a Pokemon that game players can't actually catch.
qft

On the other hand, though, it might be fine if it was like a one-off pokemon, one that for some reason couldn't work in the games. Like, I believe once in the manga there was a Zapmolcuno pokemon that was the result of an experiment involving the three legendary birds. Now, it would be a bit stupid to have this in the games, but it probably served the plot of the manga well. I don't know, I didn't read it. But something like that could work.

Of course, they would have to give the anime an actual plot before they could justify something like that.

The manga is way off from the anime, but it's a bit closer to the games.

Wasn't there an actual example of this happening? Well, somewhat... "Venustoise" (one of the rumored "pokegods") actually appears I think, but it's some kind of illusion caused by a Gastly or some shit.

Back
Top Bottom