• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Shower Questions :D

I shower once every other day, and I can't stand going any longer without. It's always in the morning, and it always goes "wash hair, wash body, stand there and think, talk to self a bit, realize you've got 5 minutes to get dressed and get out the door and get out"

Not sure what brand of shampoo I use, and I don't use conditioner at all. Makes my hair waaaay too greasy, and it already gets too greasy too fast as it is.
I know the soap I generally use is Irish Spring, but it's very hard on my skin and makes it dry out and get all itchy. And I have no say in the matter either. ><

Meh.

I use whatever shampoo's around, and I usually don't use conditioner.

It usually goes like this: Turn on water and adjust temperature, use shampoo, wash out shampoo, use soap, wash off, turn off water.

I shower almost every night before I go to bed(because I don't like showering in the morning).

Routine is whatever the fuck and always involves a lot of standing around daydreaming or singing. If the water goes cold, I stay in and keep loving it.~

<3

people get annoyed if I stay in for over half an hour, though. which is odd, because taking a bath takes me at least an hour and a half and no one cares then >:(

maybe it's because I always decide to take half-an-hour showers when we are in a hurry?

First, I use the shower gel, then shampoo, then face wash, then brush mah teef. All in the span of 5-15 minutes.

<3

people get annoyed if I stay in for over half an hour, though. which is odd, because taking a bath takes me at least an hour and a half and no one cares then >:(

maybe it's because I always decide to take half-an-hour showers when we are in a hurry?

Mom has a rule against showering for more than 15 minutes. Says it's a waste of water.

I shower once daily and wash my hair every two days with Garnier shampoo and Pantene conditioner. My showers are very short to save water (woot environment) and I take one big bath once or twice a year at most.

I shower when I remember to do so. Sometimes, it's too late to shower (though I much prefer to shower before sleeping).

Shampoo is either dandruff removal (I don't have dandruff, though!) or this blonde highlights things which makes no sense since I don't have blonde hair. When we have conditioner, I condition. Body wash is whatever soap I have at the time.

Routine:
Undress. Inspect self to make sure nothing's wrong. Turn on shower. Fiddle with lever-thing until the temperature is warm (apparently too warm since I get these red marks all over my body :c). I can't stand cold water or hot water. Then I get in. I'll first have fun being wet and stuff, then use soap to make like, a curtain of white bubbles all over me~ At this point, I'll shave. If I am in a 'gosh I'm wasting water' mood, then I'll turn off the shower while I have fun shaving (shut up; shaving is fun). If it's a shower day (I shower once or twice a week since I hate washing my hair and plus, blow drying it makes it really dry), I'll take a dollop of my shampoo and rub it into my hair until it really lathers. I'll thoroughly remove it, putting my hands through my hair to make sure there's none left. If there's conditioner, then I'll condition. At this point, even though I'd like to stay wet, I'll turn off the shower, make a little dress thing out of my towel, get out, dry myself, dress, comb my hair if it's a shower day, and then leave.

Call me dirty but I usually don't have a shower more than about two or three times a week because my hair really can't take any more than that. It gets really dry and I hate the feeling of my hair the next day so I've always hated washing since I was a kid because of that. If it weren't for my hair I'd definitely shower once or twice a day. >_> I try to put my hair up sometimes, but it's so long and thick not even shower caps work.

I put shampoo on, and it HAS to be anti-dandruff or the next day I'll have flakes. Yeah. My hair really really sucks. Then I use conditioner... and then I use soap to wash myself. :D Just normal conditioner and a normal bar of soap.

On week days I always shower at night because then I can tie up my hair and it won't be as pooftacularly poofy in the morning and sleep on a towel. In the morning I'd have to blow dry my hair for about fifteen minutes and that would be really damaging and annoying, so yeah... I only shower in the morning on some weekends.

I usually shower six times a week -- I rarely go out of the house for more than half an hour on both Saturday and Sunday, so I typically don't bother showering on both unless I have plans -- and either just use shampoo or use shampoo and conditioner. I have an anti-dandruff shampoo, some Suave thing, and/or Herbal Essences of whatever type smells best or dad likes most. My conditioners usually match whatever shampoo I'm currently using. ... I'm not very consistent, and so I have bad hair days rather frequently. Ah well.

I shower in the mornings on weekdays and, depending on what I'm going to do that day, either in the morning or afternoon on weekends. If I get up before 10 AM, I'll usually shower immediately; I shower after eating breakfast if I sleep in.

I either use whatever soap dad buys most frequently or a bar of Dr Bronner. :3

I generally shower every day though sometimes don't wake up early enough to shower on saturdays, usually for around 15 minutes each time I use the shower. Generally, I like to use shower gels and shampoos from "Lush" and am fond of "Herbal Essenses", especially the rainforest-y one. If unavailable, I generally use whatever's there but try to avoid using "Head an Shoulders" shampoo because it seems to make my scalp more dandruffy as opposed to the "100% dandruff free" promise they advertise with. I never use soap when I'm in the shower. It makes my hands feel really weird.

With shower gel, I shower applying it from top to bottom, left to right. Generally starting with my left arm, then right, then moving down. After I wash that off and then apply the shampoo.

I'm the same when I dry myself. Top to bottom, left to right; I start with the hair when drying though.

Aside from water wastage, I can't stay in the shower at uni for too long because it has no ventilation whatsoever, and the air becomes really humid after about ten minutes and I find it hard to breathe. I tried to take a bath once, and I nearly suffocated before I even got in x.x

Aside from water wastage, I can't stay in the shower at uni for too long because it has no ventilation whatsoever, and the air becomes really humid after about ten minutes and I find it hard to breathe. I tried to take a bath once, and I nearly suffocated before I even got in x.x

Choking yourself to death? Sounds like great fun! Are all the showers like this at university?

Nope, just ours. I heard somewhere that the building I live in was designed by a prison archetect, who apparently didn't give much consideration to light (no matter what time of day it is, our corridor is pitch-black without lights on) or ventilation (there are small vents in the bathroom and loo, but no windows to speak of).

Nope, just ours. I heard somewhere that the building I live in was designed by a prison archetect, who apparently didn't give much consideration to light (no matter what time of day it is, our corridor is pitch-black without lights on) or ventilation (there are small vents in the bathroom and loo, but no windows to speak of).

Arrgh, showering at uni! This is something that worries me about the idea of going to uni. :D; What if the water doesn't come out strongly? What if it's not warm? What if a huge amount of people use it?

...Eh, I should just check up on the shower facilities and make it somewhere extremely high in my list of priorities for unis, which I don't have. :3 No, not really. But still. I need a good shower.

Well I use pantine shampoo/conditioner right now, but if I had some I would use Wen cleansing conditioner, no shampoo (with this you don't. it's made by a gay guy :D And great for you hair ^^) Dove body wash (Everything else gives me a rash D:) And face wash. Also a scrubby poof :3
I shower daily, and my routine is (After getting in, skipping obvious)
1. use shampoo, bubble it up and rinse
2. use conditioner, leave in
3. Use face wash, leave on.
4. Wash body/rinse
5. Pull some of tangles out of hair and rinse
6. Wash off face soap
7. Get out :V

I shower about once every other day, but if I'm really messy then I'll do it anytime. I always shower around 8:00/8:30 PM.

First I stand outside and turn the water to the hottest it can be, then I use the bathroom when it's warming up. Then I get in, but avoid the water, and use my feet. It's usually too hot, so I spend a couple minutes adjusting the temp. After that I stare into space for a couple minutes, then I wash my body, then arms, then legs, then I wash my face, then shampoo. Shampoo is always last. No matter what. Also I sing whatever song that is stuck in my head, even if it's a four second jingle from a commercial.

How is letting it flow for a lot more time than necessary purely out of selfish enjoyment not waste.
That's like sleeping with every light in your house on because it somehow makes you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom