• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kratos Aurion said:
This arena, these rules, I am liking them. So I issue a second challenge, yes?

If my opponent wants to change the number of Pokémon used--more, less, I'd also be down for a 1vs1 or something--that's cool. I'd rather the rest of the rules stayed the same, though.

3vs3 single (or whatever)
Style: set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO's; anything else is fair game

Arena: Outside the Battle Arena

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier's Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden. Maps of the general area can be found on this page.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta's rules... or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their Pokémon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per Pokémon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both Pokémon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted Pokémon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won't add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points
If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

Experience is determined like this: all Pokémon get the usual 1 experience point for being sent into battle, and if one Pokémon actually knocks another out it will get the 1 experience point as normal. If neither Pokémon faints at the end of three rounds, the one with the lower score is considered knocked out for the purposes of experience and so the one with the higher score would get the extra 1 exp.

---

Profile goes here

...it really isn't as complicated as it looks, I swear. D: I can give more detail on things if I need to.

I'd like to try a challenge against the richest person in ASB.

because I'm suicidal, profile.

Also, Negrek, my challenge is 2v2v2, so it should still be open.

Reposting my challenge from a while ago in the hopes of some acceptance:

2v2v2 Single
Set
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap; 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
The Giant Pizza of Death!
This arena pits your Pokemon on a giant pizza (of death). However it hasn't been made yet, so it's really just a giant slab of pizza dough (of death). On the second action of every round, another ingredient to the pizza gets added. On the first round, it must be the sauce, and on the second it must be the cheese, but beyond that it's ref's choice. When the toppings are put on, unless the Pokemon use an action to take measures to avoid it (e.g. running for the crust when the sauce is being put on), they will take 7% damage, get a -1 speed mod, and there is a 5% chance of burn (these ingredients are still hot). Once there are eight toppings on the pizza not counting the cheese or sauce (read: after 10 rounds), the pizza goes into the oven for 2 rounds. During this time, Water moves cannot be used. All Pokemon weak to Fire lose 2% health and 3% energy every round. Fire types, on the other hand, recover 4% health every round and get a 3% damage bonus. However, after the Pokemon are removed from the oven, Fire-types take 10% typeless damage as they adjust to the much cooler temperatures. Once you leave the oven, the Pokemon are flung onto another slab of pizza dough and the process repeats.
</wall o' text>

I can has cheezprofile?

I'll accept this. I'm pretty sure it's made for three people, right?

My profile.

MuurMuur's Profile.

Greategret's Profile.

Last edited:
You must include links to the profiles of all people who accepted before you if you accept a challenge for more than two players.

Right, since I'm not on the barred from challenging list, I will post yet another challenge that is sooo not a way to get monies

1vs1 single
Style: Switch >:3
DQ: Two weeks.
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Attraction

Arena: Floating Platform

The floating platform is... just a floating platform. The platform is tiled, and is around a meter thick and ten meters across in all directions. So don't try breaking through it. If you fall off the edge, you take 10% damage and come back to the middle of the platform. No special things.

Other: I think I'm supposed to be on the barred list, but..

Profile #84, ironically mah lucky number >:3

Right, since I'm not on the barred from challenging list, I will post yet another challenge that is sooo not a way to get monies

1vs1 single
Style: Switch >:3
DQ: Two weeks.
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Attraction

Arena: Floating Platform

The floating platform is... just a floating platform. The platform is tiled, and is around a meter thick and ten meters across in all directions. So don't try breaking through it. If you fall off the edge, you take 10% damage and come back to the middle of the platform. No special things.

Other: I think I'm supposed to be on the barred list, but..

Profile #84, ironically mah lucky number >:3

Guess who accepts this challenge as her very first?... Me! :3

Mein profile.

A treat for any Phoenix Wright fans out there!

1vs1
DQ: 1 week.
Damage Cap: None
Restrictions: Attract, OHKO's. 1st level/baby Pokemon only. No Wailmer. No Single Form Pokemon.
The Court Room

This, this is a battle of wits...and Pokemon. The two trainers will take positions at the Defence and Prosecution benches. The choice goes to whoever wins the coinflip for whoever attacks first. At the defense bench, Pokemon's defense and special defense are raised by 1 point. At the Prosecution bench, the attack and special attack are raised.

The court is currently not in session, but not including various quirks of the Ace Attorney series would be criminal! So, every other round, these things have the possibility of happening.

1. The Defense's aid, who has joined him/her for the view, will channel the spirit of a ghost, who will proceed to use a Shadow Ball on the opposition.

2. The Prosecutor will be shoved out of the way by an irritated Prosecutor who has recently had things go badly for her. She will proceed to pull out a whip and attack the defences Pokemon*The whip should have the same effect as vine whip, although it will not do grass type damage*

3. The Referee become more attentive, and if a Pokemon fails a move during that round, they will be rewarded a penalty of -5% Energy

4. A witness will appear on the stand and testify about whatever the heck the referee wants. No real effect, it just makes the situation much more comical.

Other: The whip and shadow ball should both do as much damage was would be done by a first form Pokemon. Both will only happen once, though, so after each expire, #3 and #4 will be the only options.

Animorph's Profile has been added to the Court Record

1vs1
DQ: 1 week.
Damage Cap: None
Restrictions: Attract, OHKO's. 1st level/baby Pokemon only. No Wailmer. No Single Form Pokemon.
The Court Room

This, this is a battle of wits...and Pokemon. The two trainers will take positions at the Defence and Prosecution benches. The choice goes to whoever wins the coin-flip for whoever attacks first. At the defense bench, Pokemon's defense and special defense are raised by 1 point. At the Prosecution bench, the attack and special attack are raised.

The court is currently not in session, but not including various quirks of the Ace Attorney series would be criminal! So, every other round, these things have the possibility of happening.

1. The Defense's aide, who has joined him/her for the view, will channel the spirit of a ghost, who will proceed to use a STAB Shadow Ball on the opposition.

2. The Prosecutor will be shoved out of the way by an irritated Prosecutor who has recently had things go badly for her. She will proceed to pull out a whip and attack the defence's Pokemon. The whip strikes twice in quick succession and otherwise acts as a STAB normal-type Vine Whip.

3. The Referee become more attentive, and if a Pokemon fails a move during that round, they will be rewarded a penalty of -5% Energy

4. A witness will appear on the stand and testify about whatever the heck the referee wants. No real effect, it just makes the situation much more comical.

Other: The whip and shadow ball should both do as much damage was would be done by a first form Pokemon. Both will only happen once, though, so after each expire, #3 and #4 will be the only options.

Animorph's Profile has been added to the Court Record

> Present Kusarigamaitachi's Profile

... although Vine Whip's pretty weak compared to Shadow Ball and unlike SB it can't be super-effective. Do they get STAB?

Last edited:
...Sure, why not? Besides, teh prosecutor in question is known to whip rapid fire...maybe we should just edit that in to make it two to three lashes.

ライチュウ

Thanks, though in the future please repost instead of editing. It was lucky I noticed that.

No no, our battle is still on =D I just can't make or accept any more challenges. =3

Oooh, okay. Then I'll save my challenge for later, then. (Yes, I know you can run more than one at once, but I just want to start out slow so I don't get mixed up)

2 vs 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather-changing moves
Arena: Rainy Forest

As the name suggests, Rainy Forest is, well, a rainy forest. It has many shadow puddles about two square feet each that at least give Water-types some mobility. The constant, heavy rain also makes Water-type moves do 3% more damage after all other calculations. It also makes Fire-type moves do 3% less damage, after all other calculations. There are pine trees placed close to each other on the edges of the arena, but there are some scattered in the middle also, as well as an imaginary square in the middle of the arena, where there is one tree on each corner. The trees have thick trunks and sturdy branches, so any agile Pokemon can jump up to them; in addition, any Pokemon that's two feet six inches or more in height can reach up and climb them, as long as they are under one hundred and fifty pounds in weight. The branches are close enough so that they can hide a Pokemon, as long as the Pokemon isn't emitting/reflecting much light.

Other: Baby or basic Pokemon only

Profile...

2 vs 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather-changing moves
Arena: Rainy Forest

As the name suggests, Rainy Forest is, well, a rainy forest. It has many shadow puddles about two square feet each that at least give Water-types some mobility. The constant, heavy rain also makes Water-type moves do 3% more damage after all other calculations. It also makes Fire-type moves do 3% less damage, after all other calculations. There are pine trees placed close to each other on the edges of the arena, but there are some scattered in the middle also, as well as an imaginary square in the middle of the arena, where there is one tree on each corner. The trees have thick trunks and sturdy branches, so any agile Pokemon can jump up to them; in addition, any Pokemon that's two feet six inches or more in height can reach up and climb them, as long as they are under one hundred and fifty pounds in weight. The branches are close enough so that they can hide a Pokemon, as long as the Pokemon isn't emitting/reflecting much light.

Other: Baby or basic Pokemon only

Profile...

I iz accepiteederz!

2v2 single battle

dq time 1 week

damage cap 55%

banned moves OHKO's 6 chills

arena:warzone: you are fighting in the middle of two clashing armys every turn there is a 1% chance of a docter healing a pokemon to full health and energy and of all status conditions and a 15% chance of a pokemon inflicting a 10% health

profilelink

I'll distribute one more challenge. This'll be...my 3rd battle.

3 vs. 3
Double Battle
Switch Enabled
DQ 1 week
Damage Cap: 60% per Pokemon
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather changers, Rock Type moves, Fly
Arena: Blue Cave
-A cave not made of rock but of minerals of a beautiful blue that illuminates it with a glowing light. The ground is of dirt providing mud moves but all Rock Type attacks are disabled in here. Both ends have been sealed off by strange veils that zap any who dare try escaping during battle and so there is no leaving the circular arena.
-The main arena in which the battle is held is round and has stalectites and stalegmites made of the blue minerals. These are good for using to avoid attacks or make them attack such as knocking some from the blue ceiling. The humidity in the air is low thus weakening Ice moves by 1/2 their real damage. Flying type Pokemon can only take flight but cannot use Fly for the risk of knocking a stalectite off and onto the flying Pokemon. When Flying type moves are used, there is a 50% chance that a stalectite will fall and strike thou using it.
->Stalectites: 50% chance can fall on Pokemon if Flying type attack is used, can be aimed at and used to drop on Pokemon
->Stalegmites: Can guard Pokemon from attacks 5% and under otherwise reduce damage by 5% if attack is stronger
->Ice Attacks: Reduced by half

Mesa Profile

I think I''m not barred from challenges anymore, although my name is on the list. (But not highlighted)
3 vs. 3
Double Battle
Switch Enabled
DQ 1 week
Damage Cap: 60% per Pokemon
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Weather changers, Rock Type moves, Fly
Arena: Blue Cave
-A cave not made of rock but of minerals of a beautiful blue that illuminates it with a glowing light. The ground is of dirt providing mud moves but all Rock Type attacks are disabled in here. Both ends have been sealed off by strange veils that zap any who dare try escaping during battle and so there is no leaving the circular arena.
-The main arena in which the battle is held is round and has stalectites and stalegmites made of the blue minerals. These are good for using to avoid attacks or make them attack such as knocking some from the blue ceiling. The humidity in the air is low thus weakening Ice moves by 1/2 their real damage. Flying type Pokemon can only take flight but cannot use Fly for the risk of knocking a stalectite off and onto the flying Pokemon. When Flying type moves are used, there is a 50% chance that a stalectite will fall and strike thou using it.
->Stalectites: 50% chance can fall on Pokemon if Flying type attack is used, can be aimed at and used to drop on Pokemon
->Stalegmites: Can guard Pokemon from attacks 5% and under otherwise reduce damage by 5% if attack is stronger
->Ice Attacks: Reduced by half
It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's SUPERPROFILE!!!

Mesa Profile

Last edited:
2v2 Single
Switch
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO’s, direct healing moves (including Rest)
Arena: The Extremely Large Blueberry Pie

The Extremely Large Blueberry Pie, is, as its name suggests, an extremely large blueberry pie about 50 feet in diameter. The battle starts with the pie freshly baked and out of the oven, its delicious golden brown crust still hot and perfect. It’s a bit squishy to step on, due to the lake of delicious, sweet blueberry filling underneath. The crust is easily broken; any Pokemon weighing more than 60 lbs will automatically break the crust and sink into the blueberry filling below. Any powerful (special or physical) attack forcing downwards on the pie crust will break the crust, too. The pie is in a very large metal pie pan, so if any Pokemon happens to sink through the pie for some reason or another, they will land on the steel pie pan instead of falling through.

Of course, being freshly baked, the pie crust will be very hot and deal 2% damage to any Pokemon on it each action for the first three rounds. The pie crust will have successfully cooled down on the fourth round, and won’t deal anymore damage. The blueberry filling, however, will deal 3% damage to any Pokemon in it for the first four rounds, and 1% damage for the rest of the battle, since it contains heat better than the crust.

The blueberry filling is a thick and delicious mix of blueberries, sugar, and spices, and the Pokemon can be ordered to spend an action eating the filling for a 25% chance to restore 2% health. However, due to it being too hot, the filling cannot be eaten during the first four rounds.

All Pokemon are allowed, but Pokemon required to be in the water (Magikarp, Wailmer, etc.) will be having a tough time trying to swim through the blueberry filling. And since Wailords will fill up more than half the battlefield, they're going to have a tough time, too.

Notes: The referee and trainers are standing on floating platforms above the pie, as to not disturb the battle.

Please excuse my blueberry-filling covered profile… I accidentally dropped it into the battlefield…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom