• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, why am I barred from challenging? My only active battles are against Minnow and Animorph, since Skymin got DQ'ed.

For thor165:

3v3 single
Set style
DQ: 6 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves, 5 Chills/Pokémon, 2 Direct Recoveries/Pokémon
Arena: Quarter Quell Battlefield

Because apparently MurrMurr has no sense of originality, the battle will be taking place on the Hunger Games arena straight out of Catching Fire. The arena is in the form of a giant circle, divided into twelve sections by force fields that prevent Pokémon from moving around the arena without coming to the center first. The center is a saltwater pool for aquatic Pokémon and attacks like Surf, surrounded by a sandy beach. However, most of the arena is covered by a thick canopy of trees, the trees containing inside them the only fresh water in the arena (should you need it for whatever reason). In front of all of the twelve areas is a giant metallic tree. However, that is not the main purpose of the arena.

The arena is divided into twelve sections because it likens after a clock. Every round, a bell rings for the number of hours (it starts at midnight on round 1), and then if a Pokémon is in that section various tortures begin to afflict it. The cycle repeats every 12 rounds. Some areas are ref's choice because they weren't mentioned in the book:

12-to-1 (Round 1, 13, etc.): A lightning bolt strikes the lightning tree in the 12-to-1 sector and the outlying area. Any Pokémon struck suffers 10% typeless damage and moderate paralysis.
1-to-2 (Round 2, etc.): In the 1-2 sector, it starts raining blood. Any Pokémon takes 3% typeless damage per action spent in the rain and gets badly poisoned. Also, all attacks that require an open mouth will fail and the user will take 3% more damage.
2-to-3: In the sector, a sickly sweet fog blossoms up from the edge of the arena and makes its way to the inner edge of the jungle. Any Pokémon in the sector receive moderate burns and take 4% per action in the fog.
3-to-4: In the sector, some monkeys are spawned for the round. They come as far as the edge of the jungle, and if anything gets in their sector they will attack with a 90% accurate attack that deals 7% damage. They only will attack the Pokémon once.
4-to-5: Jabberjays begin to sing agonizing cries of anyone the Pokémon cares about in the appropriate sector: Friends, trainers, ice cream men, whatever. Pokémon hearing this take a -1 in all stats.
5-6: ref's choice, has to stay in the sector.
6-7: A massive beast that no one has lived to see, a Pokémon wandering in the sector will be attacked by a 40% accuracy attack that deals 25% damage cap-ignoring damage.
7-8: ref's choice
8-9: ref's choice
9-10: ref's choice
10-11: A giant wave comes from the back of the arena, and sweeps down the sector, dealing 8% to anything on land in its path. It is unlike every other torture (with the possible exception of the ref's choice) in that it comes down to the center. Anything in the water, only suffers 2% damage.
11-12: Insects in the sector start attacking anything they see. They hang on to bodies, dealing 2% per action and giving -1 speed for as long as they are attached. If attached, they will stay even after the round ends.

Aaaaand...really long challenge over

Just out of curiosity, why am I barred from challenging? My only active battles are against Minnow and Animorph, since Skymin got DQ'ed.
You get three challenges if you aren't reffing anything, and so far as I can recall you haven't done any reffings for a while. Challenges that are on the board (first post of the thread) count towards this three-battle limit. So, vs. Minnow, vs. Animorph, and vs. Involuntary Twitch would be your three battles.

However, tournament battles aren't supposed to count towards the limit, so I'll take your name off.

Umm, yea, I'd like to point out me and Chaon have a challenge that needs reffing and that it isn't listed on the 'challenges that need reffing' board.

Challenges that are on the board (first post of the thread) count towards this three-battle limit. So, vs. Minnow, vs. Animorph, and vs. Involuntary Twitch would be your three battles.
Ah, I had forgotten about that one. I'm forgetful.

Anyway, since I'm able to, I'll post a challenge:

1vs1 Set
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves/Pokemon: Anything but Metronome, so anything that can't learn it isn't allowed; self-KO moves cannot be called
Other: Pokemon start with 150% energy
Arena: Willow Town

Times Square is a major intersection in New York, and an important artery of the city. Having existed for over a century, it has become an icon and is a symbol of New York. Many businesses and other landmarks exist here, and the New Year's ball drop also calls this place home. At the center of the square, traffic is heavy as always, and somehow even busier than most other streets. However, judicious string-pulling has allowed a Pokemon battle to take place there. A small circle has been cleared off for the purposes of the battle, and eager spectators ring the arena. Elsewhere, life moves on as usual, albeit with noticeably more traffic police present.

Last edited:
For thor165:

3v3 single
Set style
DQ: 6 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Weather moves, 5 Chills/Pokémon, 2 Direct Recoveries/Pokémon
Arena: Quarter Quell Battlefield

Because apparently MurrMurr has no sense of originality, the battle will be taking place on the Hunger Games arena straight out of Catching Fire. The arena is in the form of a giant circle, divided into twelve sections by force fields that prevent Pokémon from moving around the arena without coming to the center first. The center is a saltwater pool for aquatic Pokémon and attacks like Surf, surrounded by a sandy beach. However, most of the arena is covered by a thick canopy of trees, the trees containing inside them the only fresh water in the arena (should you need it for whatever reason). In front of all of the twelve areas is a giant metallic tree. However, that is not the main purpose of the arena.

The arena is divided into twelve sections because it likens after a clock. Every round, a bell rings for the number of hours (it starts at midnight on round 1), and then if a Pokémon is in that section various tortures begin to afflict it. The cycle repeats every 12 rounds. Some areas are ref's choice because they weren't mentioned in the book:

12-to-1 (Round 1, 13, etc.): A lightning bolt strikes the lightning tree in the 12-to-1 sector and the outlying area. Any Pokémon struck suffers 10% typeless damage and moderate paralysis.
1-to-2 (Round 2, etc.): In the 1-2 sector, it starts raining blood. Any Pokémon takes 3% typeless damage per action spent in the rain and gets badly poisoned. Also, all attacks that require an open mouth will fail and the user will take 3% more damage.
2-to-3: In the sector, a sickly sweet fog blossoms up from the edge of the arena and makes its way to the inner edge of the jungle. Any Pokémon in the sector receive moderate burns and take 4% per action in the fog.
3-to-4: In the sector, some monkeys are spawned for the round. They come as far as the edge of the jungle, and if anything gets in their sector they will attack with a 90% accurate attack that deals 7% damage. They only will attack the Pokémon once.
4-to-5: Jabberjays begin to sing agonizing cries of anyone the Pokémon cares about in the appropriate sector: Friends, trainers, ice cream men, whatever. Pokémon hearing this take a -1 in all stats.
5-6: ref's choice, has to stay in the sector.
6-7: A massive beast that no one has lived to see, a Pokémon wandering in the sector will be attacked by a 40% accuracy attack that deals 25% damage cap-ignoring damage.
7-8: ref's choice
8-9: ref's choice
9-10: ref's choice
10-11: A giant wave comes from the back of the arena, and sweeps down the sector, dealing 8% to anything on land in its path. It is unlike every other torture (with the possible exception of the ref's choice) in that it comes down to the center. Anything in the water, only suffers 2% damage.
11-12: Insects in the sector start attacking anything they see. They hang on to bodies, dealing 2% per action and giving -1 speed for as long as they are attached. If attached, they will stay even after the round ends.

Aaaaand...really long challenge over

link

Challenge for Psymon

2 vs 2 double
Style: Switch
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: Never Island

Never island is an abandoned island inbetween sinnoh and Kanto. It is about a few miles long and wide. There are lots of trees, but not as many as in a forest.

Twiggy for Victory

I'll pick it up.

Prettzel

I'm sorry, but for historical reasons metronome-only battles are allowed in Willow Town or Fleet Town only.

Last edited:
2v2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion moves
Arena: The Everglades
Others: Water-type moves get a 10% damage boost

Basically, a general swamp in the Florida Everglades. However, here are the arena effects.

Random Totodile attacks: 5% health lost (15% chance)
Random Croconaw attacks: 10% health lost (10% chance)
Random Feraligatr attacks: 15% health lost (5% chance)
Pokemon attacking loses footing and falls into the swamp: 10% health and 2% energy lost (5% chance, Fire- and Rock-types lose double of the above health and energy, while Water- and Grass-types lose half of the above health and energy)

Also, no Pokemon shorter than two feet may battle, due to the depth of some parts of the swamp.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=41 <--- Profile

I apologise; I should have thought this through more. I've edited the post so that it takes place in Willow Town.

2v2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion moves
Arena: The Everglades
Others: Water-type moves get a 10% damage boost

Basically, a general swamp in the Florida Everglades. However, here are the arena effects.

Random Totodile attacks: 5% health lost (15% chance)
Random Croconaw attacks: 10% health lost (10% chance)
Random Feraligatr attacks: 15% health lost (5% chance)
Pokemon attacking loses footing and falls into the swamp: 10% health and 2% energy lost (5% chance, Fire- and Rock-types lose double of the above health and energy, while Water- and Grass-types lose half of the above health and energy)

Also, no Pokemon shorter than two feet may battle, due to the depth of some parts of the swamp.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=41 <--- Profile

I'll accept this.

My third challenge, I believe.

*Un-DQed Celebration glomp*

So, Twiggy, what do you say about a battle at Skroy's house?

Battle:Set
DQ Time: 5 days
Damage cap:30%
Banned Moves: None

How about his labtop which he's sneaking on at night? The forums are in the bacround, and he's rapidly typing on the Poke-Phile forums. Every round, Skroy has a 1/26 chance of crushing your pokemon, causing it 10% damage. He spilt some Iced tea on his computor, however, he is a bit too busy to clean it up. One can use it for water moves. Weather moves work, oddly.

Remember that the computor can be shorted out, in which case Skroy will, frustrated, throw the laptop on the floor and go to sleep, leaving the battlers to fight in darkness.

Additinol Rules: Moves such as Baton Pass and U-Turn may be used, but the Pokemon using will be considered KOed when they go back into their Pokeball.

EDIT: Thanks, Negrek. Guess I was a bit too excited.

Last edited:
MurrMurr

It's an inside joke between myself, Kratos Aurion, Kusarigamaitachi, and Whivit about a couple of incidents that happened in an RP we play(ed) in. They involved innocent little pokémon and meteors and volcanoes and lots and lots of fiery death.

Prettzel

I was joking. Feel free to destroy New York.

Scyther

You're missing most of the essential battle information in your challenge post.

3vs3vs3 Double
Style: Switch
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/Pokemon
Arena: Training Field

The battle takes place in a field used, quite obviously, for training. The field itself is quite grassy, with 15 or so rocks dotted around it. These rocks are about the size of a Wailmer, and are easily shattered by attacks. in the lower corner, there is a trainer practicing with his pokemon. Once per round, there is a 10% chance that one of the trainers pokemon may wander off and use an attack on a random battling pokemon. These Pokemon and their attacks are as follows:

Empoleon

Surf
Hydro Cannon
Steel Wing
Flash Cannon

Crobat

Poison Fang
Fly
Air Slash
Toxic

Yanmega

Slash
Ancient Power
Shadow Ball
Supersonic

Walrein

Surf
Blizzard
Hail
Waterfall

Porygon-Z

Thunder
Icy Wind
Tri Attack
Trick Room

Ariados

Poison Jab
Pin Missile
Psychic
Spider Web

[/reallylongchallenge]

if anyone hasn't taken this I'll battle you although i'm probably doomed to failure but, what the heck I'm bored

Ah, I had forgotten about that one. I'm forgetful.

Anyway, since I'm able to, I'll post a challenge:

1vs1 Set
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves/Pokemon: Anything but Metronome, so anything that can't learn it isn't allowed; self-KO moves cannot be called
Other: Pokemon start with 150% energy
Arena: Willow Town

Willow Town is a tragically quaint, pleasant sort of place, which explains how it manages to attract so many murderers, thieves, and really stupid trainers. Its main street is like something out of an old movie: broad and well-kept, lined on either side by little mom-'n'-pop stores, including a bakery, the delicious sents from which waft out into the road. Large willow trees, their dangling fronds swaying gently in an almost imperceptible breeze, run in line with the sidewalks, and the pedestrians strolling around greet one another with cheerful smiles and waves. There's almost no street traffic, so the battlers don't have to worry about getting squashed--unless, of course, something nasty goes down at the lab again and necessitates the intrusion of speeding police cars and ambulances on their way to see whether Professor Willow's managed to get out of this one alive.

I'll accept this, whether it's here or at Times Square. Either way will be destruction-ful.

Thank Arceus Kecleon gets Metronome from the 3rd gen move tutors

CHALLENGING MIKE..

2v2 Switch
DQ: 3 days, since I'm a impatient arse.
Damage cap: 65%
Banned Moves: OHKOs

Arena: Legendary Muffin.

Mike has long taunted me of my hatred of muffins, so hey, here we are, a giant blueberry muffin. If one uses Dig, each round there is a 3% chance of finding one of these blueberries that legend has spoken of, and these berries, if eaten, heal 5% HP and 10% energy.

Other: Fire types get a 5% boost, and trainers can eat the muffin after battle if they desire one pokemon has a maximum limit of 3 blueberries to eat if found.
I accept.

Oh shiz, forgot Profile

I'll ref this battle; the thread'll be up in a bit.

For clarification, Minkow, what do you mean by 'Fire types get a 5% boost'? Do Fire moves get the boost, or do the attacks made by a Fire type get a boost?

Edit: I'd like my battle with MurrMurr to take place in Times Square, if that's okay.

Last edited:
I'll ref your Metronome battle if you like as soon as I can get the tournament battle finished, but if you have your original description of the Times Square arena that would help. I mean, I could just not be lazy and get one myself, and I'm from New York so it'd be a travesty if I didn't know what it looked like and what was there anyway... but why would I ever not be lazy?

And I'll also take Psymon vs. Kam. Both threads will be up in a little while.

And Seth Grey, Darksong has already accepted Psymon's battle. It's a three-person match so you can still accept it as well, but you'll need to add Darksong's profile link to your post so the ref who takes it can have all three in one place.

And Seth Grey, Darksong has already accepted Psymon's battle. It's a three-person match so you can still accept it as well, but you'll need to add Darksong's profile link to your post so the ref who takes it can have all three in one place.
Actually, I've already accepted Psymon vs. Darksong.

And I remember seeing challenges that got accepted by more than one person before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom