• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed The Chimera Project III: Primal Fury

Karae obediently backed up once more as Ed miraculously got up, still bleeding, and killed one of the soldiers. She was terrified. The bee-chimera was distracting them, but there wasn't enough time. She wanted to live, and she couldn't bring herself to fight, to attack the soldiers that were now trying their best to kill them. It felt like she was the most useless one here, truly unable to do anything to help herself or others. "Stop it..." she croaked at them all. "We need to leave. Stop it. Let's just... go..." She was trembling. So much blood.

There was nothing she could do to stop it either. Stop the shooting of the soldiers, or the frantic attacks of the chimeras. She just needed to leave. All she could smell was blood, the taste was in her mouth, and it felt like the room was closing in on her.

Leave... to the open air. And the sky.

The sky. The sky would be outside, pristine and beautiful and far away from the blood, corpse-filled room. Blindly, she began to walk forward, ignoring the crossfire.

(( It would be a lot easier for me if you lot just shot yourselves.
... that came out wrong.
Anyway, you're not all moving too fast for the eye to track, you know. The soldiers should be able to react. ))

Gretchen may have been right between two soldiers, preventing them from shooting her without risking their comrades, but that didn't stop one from slamming his rifle into her shoulder. It was likely he'd missed her head, which was unfortunate for him, since such a blow could have killed her. However, the other took the time to move into position so she could shoot Gretchen without killing an ally, and aimed her gun at Gretchen's torso as Gretchen's victim fell to the ground.

Bang.

-

The picture dropped into the pool of blood, and Edward caught the pleasant sight of the liquid soaking through the paper, covering the faces of the woman and her little girl with red. It was probably very symbolic. Even so, Edward could see traces of Hyland's loving smile and her daughter's delighted grin through the blood.

It might have been a relief to note that Edward was no longer being sprayed with Hyland's blood. Then again, it confirmed she was dead, but at least it wasn't so accusing about that fact.

There were disadvantages to emotions on the battlefield. One was the soul-shredding guilt involved in taking a life. The other was the distraction caused by strong emotion.

A bullet struck Edward's metal arm, simply ricocheting into Hyland's body, followed by another into Edward's torso.

-

It was all well and good for Gary to grab a handgun of his own, but the bullets tearing through his wings kind of dampened the moment. Fortunately beedrill wings didn't have many nerves in them, but that only meant he hadn't noticed the holes that previous bullets punched through the wings. And now that they were becoming more numerous, it was getting harder to fly. Although the blood seeping out of the torn veins probably had more to do with that.

Yeah, it was definitely the blood.

In any case, the humans - with the advantage of superior training - had their guns cocked several precious seconds before Gary did, and their guns aimed right at him. Although the first two shots merely hit his wings, he probably wouldn't be so lucky with the next two. This time, though they were actually starting to move, yelling something about how he had a gun, so their accuracy would be compromised. Naturally, Gary, without the advantage of gun training, would find his accuracy suffered even more.

(( Mmn, we'll say six bullets in that gun. Have fun. ))

-

The soldiers hadn't been focusing too much on Karae, but now that she was unsettlingly close, a soldier noticed her and turned his gun on Karae, firing twice. The fact that they had more immediate problems meant that the soldier turned his attention on the other threats, though.

(( Yes, Karae, aim for the open door behind the soldiers! Make a break for freedom! ))

-

Nia gasped as she pushed herself off Tupman and tried to stand, only to fall on all fours again when her leg seared in protest. She looked at the blood on her claws and fur, and watched it pool on the floor. The body

He hurt Edward.

With a snarl, she slashed his back again, claws skidding on his ribs. She turned away and walked toward Edward, who was on top of the woman that had been pointing the rifle at Nia. Hyland. The one who'd lied to her. Nia could taste blood and smell, but Edward was covered in it too.

She looked up and saw the leader pointing his gun at Edward, completely expressionless as he fired twice. Then - click. He quickly reloaded his handgun, pointing it down at Nia.

Before Nia could leap at him, though, another bullet tore through her abdomen as someone shot her from behind, and her legs collapsed beneath her. But she wasn't going to fail to kill this one, either, because he shot Edward - and he'd do it again. She forced herself to stand, even if it was only on all fours, and she knew exactly what to do and how - moving too swiftly for the man to react, darting at speeds she'd never reached before. She raised a claw and leapt, though pain shot through her leg and blinded her a moment. She slashed at him wildly, trying to aim for his neck, but her claws hit something solid and hard.

... his arm?

Through his torn sleeve, she could see metal armour covering his arm - or perhaps not. ("It's... not armour. My arm is made of metal.") He glanced at the gun in his metal hand, and shoved her claws aside so he could aim at her head.

(( Six of ten soldiers left by my count - that's four down. Anyone who hasn't posted before the entire thing ends was caught in the crossfire and is severely injured or dead. Just injured if you want to post later, to explain the inactivity - otherwise, yeah. ))

Last edited:
"F-fuck... you..." Gretchen choked out as the bullet ripped into her torso. Blood spilled out, and she lost strength quickly, but she still managed to rip the gun out of the dead soldier's hands and fire at her assailant before falling to the ground, her arm and chest almost making her scream in agony.

She didn't care if she missed. She didn't care if she died. What use was it to live anymore? Her father would rot in Hell even if she didn't get the opportunity to kill him herself. Just as long as she felt she did something to help the rest escape alive. What they thought of themselves was their own problem. She was worthless without her humanity.

Her uninjured arm struggled up and fired another shot toward the soldier who'd hit her, aimed at his abdominal area, before falling limp, and her eyes closed tight from the pain.

Maybe it would all be over soon...

((Gawd, this took me long enough. So to make up for that, you get a monster post. Yeah, I'm jumping on the colored inner voice bandwagon, too.))

A wave of nausea and fear overcame Rukh, and he felt his body tense up, his limbs go rigid, and his mind roil like a stormy ocean from the intense atmosphere in the room. Run from the soldiers, dear, he could hear the words of his mother ringing in his ears, as he remembered the men in blue uniforms who marched through the rugged streets of his home, run from them and hide, away from their guns that kill, their hands that steal, and their eyes that show no life. But no, he could not run this time, not when he was already within their grasp, already in this hellish room - he knew that something had happened here, something evil, unspeakable, and blasphemous; he could not allow this act to go unpunished...but what would he do? Even when the spark of anger ignited into a roaring conflict, even when those on both sides began to take hits, even when Edward fell, he knew, deep down, that violence would solve nothing.

But then what's the point in giving up? They're going to kill each other anyway.

Rukh froze - an impressive feat, considering that he was already standing completely motionlessly - as he heard the new voice ring out, echoing in his head; it was light and graceful, but at the same time imposed authority. It had taken a while for him to get used to this new form, of having a tail and his skin being replaced with scales, and even then it was hardly complete, but he hadn't in the least expected to start hearing random voices speak to him from out of the blue. Unless it was..."Ishbala?" he asked the open air, his voice soft and hushed, barely audible over the din of battle.

...Why yes, I am Ishbala, patron deity of the children of the deserts, and I have come to you in your dark hour.

He abruptly fell to his knees, his robes becoming drenched in the liquid that had spilled from the broken containment tubes, and bowed his head in reverence to the unseen entity. "O, wise Ishbala," he spoke, even lower than before, in the long unheard tongue of the Ishbalans, "I beg of you: end this fighting, and bring peace to us, these wretched souls who have fallen into this terrible twist of fate.

You know I can't do that, Rukh.

It wasn't Rukh that froze this time, it was the whole world; everything felt like it had stopped, to him, because they had all become irrelevant. For who has spent their entire life under the assumption that a god exists, watching over their everyday lives, bringing justice and smiting the wicked, the revelation that maybe, just maybe, all of that had been false was too painful to think of. His eyes opened, now no longer stern, but truly afraid, the pupils shrunken to barely visible dots. "But...but why?"

Because I am not there with you, young one; this is your battle, not mine. Only you can fight for your survival, and for those now close to you. I am here to offer you my support and give you a little push forward, nothing more.

He was silent, uncertain of what to say at this point.

You are correct: there is no beauty in war, in suffering, in death. But choosing to distance yourself from that doesn't stop it from happening anyway; the crimson tide cannot be brought to an end so easily. That does not mean you can fall into despair so easily, however; remember that, as a priest, you are my hands and my eyes. You hold my great strength within you, yet you choose to ignore it, fearing that you might misuse it. But now I ask you - I command you, as your goddess Ishbala - to use my power, and protect the chimeras.

...Yes. Yes, that is what he must do. He was the divine instrument of judgment, as much an emissary of Ishbala's might as those soldiers were for the military, and it was his duty to reinstate order. He would be a disgrace- no, he would be damned if he allowed the pain to continue. At long last Rukh's muscles tensed again, and his eyes regained their angry glare, now with a glimmer of determination amid the dark red.

One spring of his legs was all it took to get back onto his feet and into a sprint, rocketing towards the clashing forces at speeds he hadn't thought possible for him. It was partly due to this velocity and also how he had gone largely unnoticed until now at the back of the room that the soldier he approached was so shocked when he stopped a scant few feet away, his eyes wide and mouth agape. A swift uppercut quickly righted that problem, and Rukh felt his clenched fist drive through the man's jaw, but that left an ample opening for another standing nearby to regain enough of senses to slam the butt of his gun into the chimera's back. Stunned, he doubled over from the force of the blow, but a flick of his tail whipped the long appendage around in a wide arc, slamming into the soldier's legs while he fumbled for the trigger, and he too tumbled to the ground. Rukh winced as he tried to stand up fully; it felt like his left shoulder-blade had broken, and, though he was right-handed, to avoid worsening the damage while moving around would be a great strain. The battle had to end soon, before they all fell.

Eliana cooly brushed the blood from her shoulders as the fighting winded down.

"Hmmph, he can't even shoot the right person, and yet he says we are the inferior ones."

Inside her, a voice wanted to scream at the violence, the blood, the savagery that had taken place. But it was dwarfed by her obsessive need to not be weak. She had to be brutal and dismissive of the death, because she wouldn't be strong if she cared. She couldn't care about Edward either, even though her heart told her to worry about his injuries.

Edward was the enemy she told herself, he was the person that had made her life hell. To care about him would be to dismiss the very purpose she held onto for so very long. So despite the urge to she had to attend to his woulds, she only glanced at him.

Edward screamed as yet another bullet tore though him, collapsing to the bloody ground in a heap and clutching his stomach. The twin gunshot wounds screamed at him, the burning fiery pain searing his nerves. It was all too much, too much pain and blood and the guilt already gnawing away at his mind and fear... The fight was no longer his, he couldn't move.

The feline glanced down at the wounds in his belly; the one from before near his navel lazily oozing thick red blood, and the fresh one a little higher and on the opposite side spilling forth as well. He let out a soft whine and coiled into a fetal position, his tail coiling up as well near his legs.

Killer. I killed her. I killed a mother, person, a real person...

Gary stood back from the fight, holding the gun up toward the humans. The fight had up until then took less than a minute, but now that he had stopped moving, all the latent pain his adrenaline had been blocking out came rushing to his mind. His wings were all torn up, and he was dripping an oddly-colored blood substance from two large wounds. Gary made a little screech-like cry from the pain, and slumped down to the ground (Roost, I suppose...).

He stared back at the human he last attacked. He was laying on the ground, unmoving, blood gushing from his chest, and some having been coughed up. He's dead... I... killed him... This is what my revenge feels like? Gary let himself relax, taking deep breaths, and gritted his inner teeth, groaning softly. "Why did you do this to us?" Gary cried out. "Why did you turn us into monsters? Why can't you just let us live in peace?"

((Psh, I'm not going to have coloured italicized voices in my posts! *crosses fingers*))

Karae barely felt the wind as the first bullet missed her - but the second hit. Pain. Her arm hurt... It was bleeding. It felt heavy - she decided not to move it as she continued to walk towards the door. She didn't notice the soldiers turning their guns on the others, or the blood dripping from her arm to the floor. The sky - the sky, and outside meant safety... Everything would be fine once she was outside. She blatantly ignored the other chimeras, the soldiers, everyone. The only thing that mattered was the door, and what lay beyond it.

Safety. Power. Healing. There was no reason to stay inside and be shot when the door promised freedom from everything.

((Short. And fail. x3 Figured someone needs to try to get out.))

The gun Gretchen had in her hand wasn't meant for one-handed use, and she didn't have any gun training, so it was good that she didn't care whether she hit or not. The gunshot only managed to startle her target, and harmlessly hit a wall.

-

Nia tried to swipe at the man's neck before he could shoot her, but he was too quick and another bullet went into her chest. She screamed and fell to the ground, this time unable to see through the pain.

"You're going to need a doctor," Andrews said, and turned his attention on other chimeras.

-

"Same reason you were sent here," one of the soldiers growled at Gary. "You did something to deserve it."

"An 'I had nothing to do with it' would have worked just as well," the other said, firing again.

-

The electric crackle of alchemy was hardly audible over the gunshots, so everyone would have been forgiven for missing it.

The alchemic sparks travelling through the ground, toward all of the chimera, however, was a lot more noticeable - and unavoidable, because they were already at their targets by the time anyone could register the electricity. There was only time to see, for those capable of looking, that the source was just beyond the open door.

Then the pain struck.

Electricity shot through the bodies of every chimera, instantly paralysing them as their muscles contracted. If they hadn't already been lying on the ground, they were now. It felt like a hot, sharp blade was stabbing them, everywhere, but it was impossible to scream - even their vocal cords wouldn't respond to any mental commands.

The pain was gone after a moment, but the throbbing of the burns on the chimeras' skin and the uncontrollable twitching lingered.

"I thought I heard a rat down this hall," someone said, and a woman stepped through the door. A sword, with its blade crackling with alchemic energy, was in her hand. "Need any help, Colonel Andrews?"

"Where the hell were you, Lightning?" Andrews demanded, pointing his gun at each chimera in turn in case any showed signs of movement.

"...whoops," the Lightning Alchemist added, glancing at a soldier lying on the ground, twitching. "Guess I still need practise."

(( Blame FMC for Karae not meeting this woman in the halls, alone. ))

The pain tore though Edward's body and he mouthed silent screams, his body curled in on itself as the electrical current coursed through his body, arcing into his automail arm and leg. After the pain had stopped surging though his body and returned to a dull throb, he stared dully at his fingers, watching them twitch. Something...smelled. Like melting and thick acrid smoke... He shifted his head ever so slightly with a bit of difficulty, and locked eyes on his outstretched automail. Smoke was wafting from the joints, and the metal looked slightly singed, but there was no outward signs of fire...

Edward groaned dully, his muscles loosening ever so slightly, but he still couldn't struggle to his feet. He turned his gaze on the woman who had entered, frowning dully. An Alchemist...

He felt heavy, weak. It wasn't a very pleasant feeling, and it scared him. He was dying, and the massive electrical shock didn't help matters...

"Help...me." He managed to croak, panic setting in.

As if being grazed by a hot bullet wasn't enough.

Fang let's out a yelp, ending in a blood thirsty growl. Someone in the room used a electricity based attack, Alchemy, to knock all the Chimera to the ground and limit their movements. Fang closes his eyes and tries to suppress the pain in his shoulder, the graze of the bullet singing from the added abuse of the alchemic attack.

Fang then turns his eyes and looks at the young boy, Edward, when he called for help. The boy was dieing, that part of obvious, and there was nothing he could do. The leader of the group was talking to the new Alchemist, telling her that she was late. Fang grits his fangs and narrows his eyes, the want of killing boiling in his blood.

He must die. They both must die.

Fang struggles to lift his arm, finding it to be very difficult. After a few tries, his arm continues to lay on the ground, paralysed by the electricity. He looks back at Edward.

"...Kid...I can't move...we're fucked..."

I refuse to die like this. Attack, Human!

"Oh will you shut up!"

...So you can hear me. Then listen to me carefully. I want you to concentrate on your hand. Concentrate all your strength into it.

Fang closes his eyes, knowing that he was insane, and started to do what the voice said. He concentrates his energy into his hand, feeling it tingle as a strange pressure starts to gather in his palm.

With his eyes closed, he didn't see the blue glow floating over his palm.

Now lift that hand and release the power when I say so!

"....fine..."

Fang tries to lift his arm again, this time feeling the sensation of someone guiding his arm up with invisible hands. He holds his palm out and waits for the voices command.

It was a fortunate thing that the Leader was paying attention to the woman.

Now!

Fang releases the energy and opens his eyes in time to see the ball of energy leap from his palm and zero in on his foe. He lies there in awe as the orb shots toward the leader's skull, aiming as the point where the skull meets his spinal cord. He closes his eyes and lets out a silent prayer.

Please let this kill him.

((Why did everything interesting happen when I'm not here? D:))

"Found 'em! They must have triggered the silent alarm when they smashed the tank. Do not aim to kill, they're still vital research to the boss."

Soldiers. Of course. Zachary ducked back into the shadows, his body suddenly tense. Soldiers never meant a good thing, even though they do make life more entertaining. They're not ordered to kill though... That's no fun. There's nothing like the adrenaline rushing through your body when you know you've got a couple of soldiers hunting you down. Although having a gun trained straight at your head is never a good thing.

The red and white, dog-like chimera seemed to have a different idea though, as she bounced forward happily.

Gunshot.

And another. And another. And another.

The smell of blood hung in the air, thick and sweet. Cries of pain burst out as, one by one, the chimera went berserk. Zachary felt a grin creep up his face. He burst out of the shadows, and --

Pain. A bullet flew through the air, neatly entering his shoulder. Another went clean through his abdomen, and another grazed his cheek. He found himself fall, the pain barely registering.

Damn. He knew he was getting dull in the prison, but not checking his surroundings before he jumped? Damn. A stray bullet clanked by, and Zachary picked himself up, his grin stretching across his face, showing a row of sharp, pointy teeth.

This is going to be so much fun.

What are you doing?

"What do you think?" Zachary said out loud. A little part of him was screaming at the fact that, you know, a voice just spoke in his head and why are you not freaking out, but it was pushed down by the stronger thirst for blood. A bullet wheezed past his head. A bad thing about being short is that bullets aiming for the shoulder are basically head height.

Ah, sarcasm, is it?

"No, that was a genuine question." Zachary could feel the blood pouring from his wounds. He ducked lower as another bullet flew by and barely missed his head. The voice was extremely distracting, and he found that he could not keep an eye on the soldiers he was planning to kill while talking to the voice at the same time.

Hm. Well, I cannot comprehend your actions, therefore I asked. Perhaps I should repeat it?

Zachary decided to lie flat on the floor. It was basically impossible to keep standing up in conditions like this, especially since every fucking bullet was flying at head-height. Why the hell are all the chimeras so tall anyway? "No. And would you please shut up?" Zachary asked, the voice starting to get on his nerves.

Ah, but you still have not answered my question, which I shall not repeat. Now, I shall be, as many of you put it, "civil" and answer your questions. One, I think you are trying very hard to stay alive, which I find quite inexplicable, and hence, my question that I shall not repeat. Two, no, I will not shut up mainly because I cannot. Or, more accurately, I am unable to. If you have not noticed yet, I am not the one doing the talking. You are. I am merely here, and perhaps, if you want me to perform this "shut up" action that you have specified, you should shut up.

A voice of reason among chaos is usually a good thing to have, but not while you're trying to focus on something else and a jolt of electricity from nowhere had just zapped you half to hell. Zachary gritted his teeth, feeling the pain from his bullet wounds flair up. Fellow chimeras seemed to be dying besides him, but, somehow, he did not feel that horrible. Yes, there was pain, but he did not feel as tired like he was dying, even after the massive electric jolt that he knew should have knocked him out.

You're welcome.

Fuck you, he wanted to say, but his body merely twitched on the ground, unresponsive. I did not even thank you.

That would not be probable, and I think you humans would call it -- self-cest, is it? It would also be very hard to do, considering the current state of affairs. Also, you did not specify who exactly would be fucking me.

Just shut up.

The voice ignored him. Ah, but you will be thanking me, after you know why exactly you're still here.

And why exactly am I still alive? Zachary asked in his head, rising to the bet and knowing full well that he's on a path to madness. Actually, he's pretty sure he had already been here.

Ah, that's the thing, actually. You're not actually still alive. You're dead. Or, more accurately, I'm dead. And because I am already dead, I cannot be killed. Since you and I are one, you, a living being, can continue your existence even though you are hovering on the brink of death.

Zachary decided that he must be going mad and did not respond to the comments, instead trying to focus on the bright ball of energy traveling straight towards leader of the soldiers.

Pain... searing hot electricity, AND she was dying... Oh why couldn't I be dead already... She writhed on the floor panting and gasping for breath. Other than that, there was no way poor Gretchen could move.

"No..." she mouthed, before falling unconscious.

--------------

The blackness... it felt... so good. No more pain. Just herself, floating in the darkness.

"I'm disappointed." Gretchen turned to see an orb-like flame, barely visible against the darkness. "I had to be fused with such a weakling. Why didn't you attack?"

"I did attack."

"You call that an attack? You bit someone and stole their gun! You got shot! A full array of special powers at your fingertips, and all you did was bite someone?! I might as well just let us die."

"Po-" the orb was gone before Gretchen could finish.

((Alright, I lied. Coloured voice in head coming up~))

Karae froze mid-step as her legs gave beneath her. She collapsed, body limp. She had been so focused that, when the shock came, she first felt the paralysis, and then the pain hit fully. Her mouth opened and she tried to scream, but no sound came out. She curled up, and then straightened, trying to find some way to escape the pain as it throbbed in every limb. When it was gone, she felt... raw. Her vision blurred, and she desperately clung to the hope that she could die and that this would be over.

"You didn't get outside." The voice was reproachful, but... resigned. "It's too bad. I thought you were strong enough, but you're not. You've failed."

That statement hit her hard, and she struggled to gather her thoughts, to answer it, but it continued without waiting for a reply. "You know, I was considered very powerful. You have that power now. It's why you need to go outside." It was making no sense, and it hurt so much to stay conscious and listen to it talking endlessly... Couldn't it let her die in peace? "You can't die. I won't let you die. Your existence is a very sad thing, but I can make it better. Not now. Not immediately. But you will live, and things will be better. So suffer now, so that when it's done, we are equals in pain."

It quieted, and slowly, she managed to focus. The chimera who had been subtly protecting her, the one who looked sort of like a dog, was holding a glowing orb in one hand. This was new. She hadn't seen him use that before... And the sphere left his hand and speeded at the soldier, while she cheered it on in her head.

With his eyes closed, it may have seemed like the leader was focusing on the woman simply because he was talking to her. The others, however, fully capable of seeing how he was still wary of their actions, knew better. A brilliant blue glow easily caught his attention, and he immediately pointed the gun at Fang. He narrowed his eyes when he saw the ball, but his eyes widened when it shot toward him.

Instinctively, he blocked the sphere with his automail arm - not a hard feat, because of its straight and predictable path. "Son of a--" Unexpectedly, though, the blow knocked him off his feet, and he landed skidding on his side.

"Bitch?" Another soldier supplied.

"I wasn't going to say it," the leader said, wincing and pushing himself to a crouch. He stood up, flexing his automail arm. "Fingers don't work... dammit. My mechanic is going to kill me." He looked around for his gun, which was laying by the corpse of another soldier.

"Awesome!" Lightning said. She looked genuinely excited as she looked at Fang. "You can really do it!" She stabbed the ground with her still-crackling sword, looking over all of the chimeras. "The scientists are going to love you."

Electricity once again shot through the ground at every chimera, except for those already unconscious and Edward. This time, the pain was even more intense, if that was even possible, and their muscles contracted even more violently. Their backs arched, their hands closed into fists and pulled toward their shoulders, and their teeth clenched. Their breaths were forced out of them, and it felt like their hearts stopped for a moment.

And when the shock was over, they were completely immobilised, and their minds were still reeling.

Lightning glanced at Nia, who was unconscious at this point, and Edward, the one most capable of movement if not for his smoking automail. "These guys gave you trouble? Laaaaame. Proper application of alchemy, and look at what happens."

"You should have been here sooner," Andrews said. "These were good soldiers I lost." He glared at her. "Good friends."

"Yeah, yeah." Lightning pointed her sword at one of the soldiers Gary had been fighting. "You, pick up all of the guns. We'll need them counted so the higher-ups don't panic and try to shut everything down. Actually, they probably will, anyway - there's been another escape-thing." She pointed at another soldier. "You, tranquilisers, even the unconscious ones." She pulled a rolled-up bundle from her military jacket and handed it to him, and the other soldier grabbed it.

Andrews looked startled. "Another escape?"

"Mmn, some former soldiers, from what I heard. Law wanted to interrogate Parker about this whole what-the-fuck-happened-to-security thing, but the bastard's nowhere to be found." Lightning stood over Edward. "Automail, huh?" She crouched and roughly rolled him onto his back. "Good thing the medics are on their way. Even if you managed to escape now, you're not going to survive that. But the automail has to go."

Meanwhile, the tranquiliser-soldier injected a needle into Nia's neck and injected the liquid. If Nia wasn't already unconscious, she would've been in fifteen seconds. Lightning noticed how careful the soldier was being and sighed.

"Faster! The shock's effects won't last forever, especially on these guys. If I do another shock, they'll be harder to heal." She patted Edward on the cheek lightly and stood up. "So much for a peaceful resolution, huh?"

Andrews sighed and rubbed his forehead with the palm of his flesh hand. "I really hoped it could end that way, but it didn't really work out. I revealed too much, I suppose. Mentioned Flame's death. Elric snapped, lunged for Tupman, and you know what the new guys are like. But even I would've acted the same in his position."

"Forgetting to take emotions into account, and you think you can make them stand down? Yeah, right." Lightning snorted. "So, Fullmetal boy, did you intend to go after soldiers doing their duty when they executed Mustang? Yeah, they don't document the firing squad for precisely that reason."

As the chimeras slowly lost consciousness, one by one, they could hear the faint sound of many voices in the distance. Edward was the last to feel the needle slide into his neck, and the cool liquid spurting into his bloodstream.

Edward hissed softly when he was rolled over roughly, gold eyes half-lidded and glaring as best they could at the woman standing over him. He didn't speak, but his lips moved soundlessly, as if he was muttering to himself. He growled at the mention of Mustang's death. Firing squad? Undignified.

There was another yelp as the needle slid into Edward's neck, and he was soon unconscious.

----

When they awoke, they were in another cell, but this one more tidy and clean that the last. The walls and floor were a lighter grey, and there were beds. Each chimera would find him or herself laying on one, with a set of wooden handcuffs on their wrists. Fang was strapped to an upright metal contraption, however, his hands at his sides with metal cuffs, and a leather muzzle over his face. Nia was leashed instead of handcuffed, and she had leather gloves covering her paws. Edward had his automail removed and was cuffed with a single set of police-issue handcuffs to a bar of the bed.

Across the hallway was another cell, looking pretty much the same as the first, but with only one inhabitant,and the bed...seemed to have been dismantled and made into a vaguely human shaped construct. The person inside was on the floor. The hall extended down a few more feet then opened into a lab of sorts, kept clean and white. There were voices from that direction. The cells were brightly lit.

Edward groaned as he came to, his head wheeling. He glanced down at his body; his shirt had been removed, so it was clear that the wounds had been healed, probably with alchemy, leaving two round scars. He didn't doubt that the others had received the same treatment.

When he looked up he was startled to see the leader of the soldiers from before standing before them, a table behind him covered in papers and other odds and ends, and rifle sitting on the corner of the table. The teen hissed softly at the man.

Last edited:
Fang let out a final yelp as his body was subjugated to another round of electro-therapy at the hands that that ungodly woman. His head rolls to the side as his body's functions started to shut down. His eyes slide shut, the last sight he saw was Edward growling under his breath.

The needle slipped into his neck and injected the liquid. Fang's breathing slowed and he finally fell into a deep sleep, the last words on his mind was the one's the woman said.

There were others that escaped.

------------------------------------

"This is highly uncomfortable...."

Fang mutters that behind the muzzle, doubting that anyone could hear him or even care what he was saying. He glances around the room and looks at the others, seeing that they seem to be alright despite the wounds they received. He turns his head at and an angle and studies his shoulder, see that it was sealed up and healed.

Alchemy.

He then let's out a loud sigh and stares out ahead of him, a clear sign of boredom and annoyance in his eyes. He looks down at him self and sees that his arms were pinned to his side and was strapped with metal in a standing position. He closes his eyes to gather his thoughts, his tounge licking at his right fang.

It's then that he realized something.

"...the fuckers took my jewelry."

Fang then notices that there was a man in the room. If he didn't have this muzzle on his face the leader would have seen the smirk. Fang returns to closing his eyes and starts to search his mind for the voice.

Alright. Any tips?

I may have one...but You'll have to wait until you can use it Human.

The name is 'Fang'.

No. It's Danny...or Daniel Timber if you prefer.

It's Fang. Leave it as that...thing.

The voice just chuckled at Fang, a amused sound to it.

I too have a name. You, Danny, may call me 'Halan'

"...Halan...I'll remember that..."

((This is for all you RSP out there~))

Nia let out a whimper when she awoke and shifted, jolting her still-sore ribs. She opened her eyes slowly, and blinked.

They were... in another cell?

This time, they were more securely trapped in the cell, however. Nia looked down and saw mittens covering her front paws, and she felt a collar around her neck that was linked to her bed with a chain. Edward only had one arm and one leg, and that arm was handcuffed to the side of his bed - as if he could do anything with two limbs of different kinds. Fang was the most restrained, with both arms and legs tied to the bed, and a muzzle over his face.

Everyone else was restrained with what looked like a wooden board with two holes for the wrists, but they could move freely otherwise. That was so unfair.

In another cell, she saw someone sleeping on the ground, without the same restraints the chimeras had. Then again, he was fully human. The terrifying-looking scarecrow standing in the middle of the cell, however, was most certainly not. Looking closely, she could see that there were metal parts to the scarecrow, and its head was made out of a pillow. Was its body a... mattress? It was covered in a cloak made of a blanket, in any case, and there was a smiling face drawn with blood.

Andrews stood between the two cells, facing the chimeras. Behind him, there was a table, with various pieces of paper and other things, including a rifle... and several framed photographs of familiar faces.

She easily recognised Tupman and Hyland, and realised they were all the soldiers the chimeras had killed.

Andrews just stared at the chimeras, unsettlingly silent. Nia snarled, then lunged for him, hissing and spitting. Predictably, the chain went taut very quickly, choking her and forcing her back where she just continued to growl.

Already in the sweet bliss of unconsciousness, Gretchen would not have noticed the needle.

---------

"Wake the hell up, human. We lived."

...What...?

The cell was cleaner, her dull red eyes observed. She was restrained though. Wooden cuffs. There was a soldier outside the door. The little dog-thing was snarling at him. Completely understandable. She wanted to snarl at him too. Particularly if he was the one who shot her.

"Ugh, you are useless. Wake the hell up."

Who...are you?

"The poor poor sucker you got fused with."

Edward pulled at his restraints, the metal of the cuff biting into his wrist painfully, but he didn't really pay it much attention. He yowled at Andrews, baring his fangs and continuing to pull at the cuff.

"Let us out! You can't do this, we're human! We're human beings, not test subjects!" He growled, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes but not spilling. He sounded mad.

His tail thrashed behind him as he strained, and he clenched his hands into fists, claws drawing blood.

"I'm a human..." He stated weakly, voice trailing off.

((D: fail))

Back
Top Bottom