• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

I dunno, my vote's on "DAVE: ill be the ambassador to your mom / DAVE: and no that wasnt actually meant as the sick burn it sounded like". With the "choice babe in the pyjamas" thing as a close second.

I'm absolutely loving this whole domestic episode though. Dave being a dork is awesome I mean I giggled like a moron when he mentioned his involvement in Can Town. To be honest I didn't really give a fuck about him when he had his ironic coolkid façade in full gear but now that he's slipping out of it I'm loving him.

I thought the point of Dave was simply that he *thought* he was cool? I mean, even in Act 1 none of the other beta kids act like he's cool at all, which is why he's hilarious. I'm pretty sure Jade calls him out on it early on?? IDK!

Dave being a dork is never not hilarious, though.

I agree, that's mostly why he's my favourite kid.

I know Rose is supposed to be winking in that latest panel, but due to the static nature of their sprites (and lack of detail), it just looks like her eye is messed up. It's kinda awkward. Sometimes the artstyle of Homestuck does bother me a bit. I should probably stop looking at pretty fanart so much.

On an unrelated note, I refound that random land generator posted ages ago and I can't stop help

Still can't really settle on one either, hrmm. Apart from the land of irradiation and hallucinations; that's just perfect. "King of soul" was an amusing result though.

Last edited:
I thought the point of Dave was simply that he *thought* he was cool? I mean, even in Act 1 none of the other beta kids act like he's cool at all, which is why he's hilarious. I'm pretty sure Jade calls him out on it early on?? IDK!
Well yeah hence "façade" but his inner dorkery didn't show through enough. :( Or maybe I just read too quickly during my archive binge. EITHER WAY I never realized how great Dave is and it's a shame!

One of my personal favorites from the generator is The Land of Butterflies and Hats. Imagine, rolling grassy hills with giant hat mountains, as well as normal sized hats just kinda lying around everywhere. The butterflies wear hats, too. And they're friggin everywhere as well.

I love this fandom sometimes. I always like it, but sometimes I love it.

I can't be the only one who gets the reference to Earthbound / Mother 3 with that coffee machine thing.

And on the Random Land Generator subject -- just got the most ironic thing ever.

Land of Tranquility and Descent

Sylph of Peace

Your interests include Warfare and Engineering.

You wield the riflekind specibus and have combined your Shotgun with your Empty Magazine and Car Engine to create your awesome weapon.

Your chumHandle is directoryHunter.

The consorts of your land are eccentric violet crocodiles who like pranks.
wow.

Ooh! That thing's fun! I saw it then forgot about it a while ago.

I got the Land of Mountains and Rebirth, which sounds awesome even though the mountains don't really seem to have to do with anything. And apparently my consorts are lazy beige kangaroos who like friendship...?

Dave acting like this is really making me happy, and more glad for the intermission. Dave has always been one of my favorite kids, but I like him much more now that he isn't really bothering with the cool kid stuff too much! He's kinda adorkable :)

I'm glad for the intermission.

I'm reasonably sure nobody here takes shipping that seriously! So go ahead. I will admit that I found Terezi and Karkat's interactions excruciatingly dull though, so I'd be pleased if they didn't get together. I may be biased however, as I dislike Karkat quite a bit and think that Terezi is a much better character than him. I did think Terezi and Dave's pesterlogs were some of the funniest parts in the comic, so more of their shenanigans are fine with me. Can't really see them lasting though. Troll/human relationships in general seem like a bad idea.

I can see what you mean! I actually did find Terezi and Dave's pesterlogs hilarious, just not really in a shippy way for some reason. I also like Karkat a lot, partly because he's kind of like me when I'm in a bad mood, and partly because it's kind of funny watching him freak out XD Though Terezi has always been my favorite for her... eccentricities, shall we call them? I tend to ship my favorites for some unknown reason, so that may factor into it. That, and their conversations actually seemed kind of peaceful to me, compared to everything else, which really is quite comforting!

Actually I just have made it a habit not to talk about shipping anywhere, just in case. Unless people have made it pretty clear that they don't care.

Which they probably have, I'm just really forgetful.

Oh god I just realised a large amount of this post is me analyzing why I ship things.

The best part was when Dave made it clear that it was not going to stop at one page.

Just how long is the dick ouija going to go on?

I gotta say, I didn't realize how much I missed Dave until he showed up again.

It is a bizarre contrast that I found the relationship nonsense of 6-2 tedious, but so far I think this intermission just hilarious.

I'm half anticipating some disturbing make-out scene between the Knights. Please oh god DO NOT let that happen, tht is a sick and unhelpful thought and I wish to purge it from existance...

I really, really love Dave and Karkat's interactions. I don't ship them or anything, but they are just so freaking hilarious together.

Dave just suplexed Karkat off his cape and into the table.

If he was anything less than the awesomest character in this comic on anybody's list, it is now undeniably necessary to put him up there.

I gotta say, I didn't realize how much I missed Dave until he showed up again.

It is a bizarre contrast that I found the relationship nonsense of 6-2 tedious, but so far I think this intermission just hilarious.
Yep. What a difference character development makes.

I wonder if Dave is a WWE fan.

I can't be the only one who gets the reference to Earthbound / Mother 3 with that coffee machine thing.
Haha, it was the first thing I noticed when the room was first shown. XD

Agreeing that I am loving the heck out of this intermission. Let's face it on the whole the original kids just seem more enjoyable. Maybe we just know them better/longer and they've had more time to develop and all or is it that they as characters make for more enjoyable scenes? Hmm...

At any rate this is a better form of recapping what happened compared to the old recaps with giant logs of summarising imo, using the kids interactions around it all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom