• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Whoo! Finishing up the Radio Tower and then off to... somewhere. Blackthorn I guess.

[Sunstream] Espeon (M) Level 34
[Flametail] Quilava (F) Level 34
[Icerain] Lapras (F) Level 34
[Hazy] Golem (M) Level 34
[Minuit] Noctowl (F) Level 34
[Olivine] Ampharos (F) Level 34

YOU GOT TO DISGUISE YOURSELF AS A ROCKET THIS GAME IS AWESOME. I talked to people as a Rocket and their dialogue changed, which I found completely awesome <3

(female character is adorable in the Rocket outfit)

Need help beating the E4. About what level should I train my Meganium to before taking it on singlehandedly?

I recommend high 50s if you're going to take the E4 with just Meganium. Karen's Houndoom and More or Less Koga's entire team could run right through a Meganium unless it has good defenses

Relaxed would be kind of weird on Cyndaquil; it decreases Speed, which is one of Typhlosion's best stats. Modest or Timid would be better choices. Possibly Naive.

Eh, it doesn't matter a whole lot unless you plan on doing competetive stuff or just want to. You can beat the game just fine using whatever. I pay attention to these things mostly because I tend to get a lot more attached to my Pokemon when it takes forever to get them the way I want. :v

On a related note, I really hate that Smogon is down. I often don't trust my own judgment.

Whoo! Finishing up the Radio Tower and then off to... somewhere. Blackthorn I guess.

[Sunstream] Espeon (M) Level 34
[Flametail] Quilava (F) Level 34
[Icerain] Lapras (F) Level 34
[Hazy] Golem (M) Level 34
[Minuit] Noctowl (F) Level 34
[Olivine] Ampharos (F) Level 34

YOU GOT TO DISGUISE YOURSELF AS A ROCKET THIS GAME IS AWESOME. I talked to people as a Rocket and their dialogue changed, which I found completely awesome <3

(female character is adorable in the Rocket outfit)
....Where do I get the Rocket outfit, though? I'm stuck again, they made this game a bit hard. D:

Underground. Go to the Photo place.

And personally, I like the fact that the game is slightly harder but the Pokemon STILL are a bit underleveled. :/ Seriously, I'm going to fight the E4 with a team of 35-41 Pokemon just because it's taking too long for me to raise them properly. If/when I get my ass handed to me I'll train some more, but until then....

Underground. Go to the Photo place.

And personally, I like the fact that the game is slightly harder but the Pokemon STILL are a bit underleveled. :/ Seriously, I'm going to fight the E4 with a team of 35-41 Pokemon just because it's taking too long for me to raise them properly. If/when I get my ass handed to me I'll train some more, but until then....

If the E4 in this game is anything like they were in the originals, I was able to beat them with four Pokemon around level 35. They were pretty pathetic. :|

I'm raising my Natu on the Pokewalker right now. After he evolves I'll try battling Chuck.

Whoo just defeated the Kimono Girls (THEY WERE DIFFICULT ;~;) and now I'm off to catch Ho-oh. Hopefully.

[Flametail] Typhlosion (F) Level 36
[Olivine] Ampharos (F) Level 38
[Hazy] Golem (M) Level 36
[Sunstream] Espeon (M) Level 37
[Icerain] Lapras (F) Level 36
[Minuit] Noctowl (F) Level 36

Also random fact: When I came down from the routes between Blackthorn and Route 29 (forget their numbers ;~;) I decided I would walk through the grass and battle everything I found with my Typhlosion for nostalgia. (Even though it's been less than a week.)

Well, the first thing I found was an Entei.

Lt. Surge is down.
Alakazam 60
Dragonair 38
Pidgeot 36
Quagsire 33
Magneton 20
Krabby 20

The only one still useful is Alakazam, so I'll probably need to train someone a bit more before taking on Sabrina.
The grass's yielding only pidgey and rattata >|

Last edited:
I got the Rocket uniform, and it looked great on me with my Umbreon as a dark addition behind me. ^^

The Safari Zone was pretty darn fun; I failed to catch a Misdreavus twice, but I did catch a Weezing and an Arbok. :D

Looking at the time you posted, I beat him about an hour before you.
I must've been the first on TCoD :]

NO WAI. zora you suck for doing that, I haven't even beat the E4 yet :[

Oh yeah, Spikey-Eared Pichu is just a special sprite. My brother used a code to make an Spikey-Eared Pichu egg and traded it over to Diamond. He hatched it on Diamond and it was...a normal Pichu. No glitches or anything. Presumably, they prevent you from trading it because maybe it would lose its special sprite or something.

Back
Top Bottom