• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

So I'm currently training my Growlithe and Feraligatr to beat down Jasmine and her three pokemon. Of course, considering how few pokemon match my levels at the moment, it's quite teidous

Curse you, Game Freak, for making the trainers of her Gym completely ignore us!

Oh, and I'm also playing a game of cat-and-mouse with Raikou.

Current Team
Feraligatr: LV 32
Growlithe: LV 27
(Event) Jirachi: LV 27
Pidgeotto: LV 24
Slowpoke: LV 22
Sudowudo: LV 20

I just beat Morty. I had some trouble with his Gengar, because it kept on landing Hypnosis on my Togepi, but I managed to defeat Gengar after a while. Togepi leveled up and learned Encore. So Morty sent out his last Pokemon, a Haunter. I decided to take a gamble and used Encore, successfully trapping Haunter in Curse. I switched out so that my Zubat could gain some EXP, and then...Togepi evolved! I'm so excited right now!

I just recently arrived in Mahogany Town. I didn't dig the tunes on the radio I was pickin' up, so I'll be stopping by the, um, "station" shortly to complain to those who would be in charge. After buying a delicious RAGECANDYBAR, of course.

Time: 15:00
Badges: 6
Team:
Yangtze (Chinchou), lv 24
Orinoco (Quagsire), lv 29
Colorado (Magneton), lv 30
Nile (Ampharos), lv 30
HM Slave 1
HM Slave 2

EDIT: It's not the UK's fault entirely. From what I've read, it's more the fault of the EU. But seriously, screw Voltorb Flip. It's enough like minesweeper than I suck at it and it's not fun, and it's the only way to get coins.
The Game Corner used to be nearly fun.

No, it's not that much like Minesweeper. If it was I wouldn't be bitching about it and would maybe actually enjoy it some. I love playing me some Minesweeper to pass the time when waiting for a page to load on the internet.

Anyways, just showed off my Pichu to Elm. Picked up some Heavy Balls from Kurt, am going to Olivine now. The sooner I get to Cianwood, the better, cause I want that Safari Zone badly.

God damn it Lyra, you already called me to tell me about how your Marill evolved. :/ Please stop calling me to tell me that your Marill evovled, kthxbai.

Wait, is your gender-opposite rival's name set? I thought my button-mashing had done that. o/

Messing around Goldenrod now; I love how the Name Rater's house is now a little fortune telling hut.

I really don't mind this little Voltorb game! I sucked balls at the slot machines, and at least this doesn't have me betting away all my coins on a game I suck at. It's a nice mix of strategy and luck, too. :]

I never liked or used the Game Corner anyway, so it's not a big loss to me.

...That's a new record for most ridiculous grunt.

I'm waiting for Ketsu to evolve before I get my Eevee. It'll be easier that way.

I'm here to do a quick runthrough of what I've accoplished so far:

-Picked Chikorita as a Starter
-Brought mystery egg to Elm after beating Silver
-Conquered Sprout Tower
-Beat the shit out of Falkner
-Kicked Proton and his goons out of Slowpoke Well
-After three trys, beat Bugsy
-Beat Whitney on the first try. Her Milktank was easy as hell to beat. In fact I only had to use one potion, three razor leafs and a cut to bring the thing down.

Now I'm off to try and get the Strength HM. Current team?

M Chikorita [Florence] 27
F Pidgey [Skye] 9
M Wooper [Slick] 6
F Mareep [Lightning] 6
M Pichu 31
F Hoothoot [Clockclack] 6

PC Database

M Togepie [Toge] 2
F Pichu [Spiky]

Pokewalker

F Doduo [Dodgedra] 8

EDIT: Put Lightning and Clockclack in the Daycare. Bicycling around to raise their levels.

Last edited:
Oddish's sprite is adorable. =3

Ketsu finally evolved! Now to get my Eevee!

The Eevee is a male named Gekkou, or "moonlight/moonbeam".

So I cleared the goons out of Mahogany, and now I'm looking to flesh out my team and whatnot before Pryce. Gotta see if I can get my hands on a Mantine, or anything, and nab my sister's DS to trade myself a Tropius as an HM slave.

Time: 16:45
Badges: 6
Team:
Yangtze (Lanturn), lv 30
Orinoco (Quagsire), lv 30
Colorado (Magneton), lv 30
Nile (Ampharos), lv 31
HM Slave 1
HM Slave 2

Oddish's sprite is adorable. =3

Ketsu finally evolved! Now to get my Eevee!

The Eevee is a male named Gekkou, or "moonlight/moonbeam".

I guess.

...o.e

Gee, what it'll evolve into? xP

So, still getting used to the new start menu. Metooth is five levels from becoming a Croconaw, and then it's training to at least level 25. o.o

Well, I got SoulSilver the day it came out, and now my team has three members: Hibiscus the Bayleef, Tora the Growlithe (Thanks Darksong for trading him to me!), and Samui the Nidorina (also thanks to Darksong).

The weird thing is Samui liked me a whole bunch after she got traded to me and then after I evolved her she started hugging me and stuff o.o I just got to Goldenrod City, and I have a Magikarp in the Daycare so I can evolve it.

Just caught the Red Gyarados. Will later go to the so-called station, beat the stuffing out of the management, and then beat the stuffing out of Pryce with Growlithe

Got SS~ Hanging around Goldenrod, training to get my levels up before I fight Whitney. I have Quilava, Pidgeotto, and Drowzee with me. Training is starting to get on my nerves... :l

Also, this is kinda random, but when I went to pick up my game yesterday they were all out of the BA figurines. Sad face.

Just started playing it about an hour or so ago. Leveled my Cyndaquil to Lv. 10 so that it could learn Ember. I named my character Gold and my rival ??? for nostalgia purposes. :)

Plus my Cyndaquil is FEMALE!!! Which means that Whitney will be a million times easier without having to worry about Attract. :D

Off to get me a Bellsprout, Sentret, and Pidgey. Maybe a second Pidgey to send to the Pokewalker...

I guess.

...o.e

Gee, what it'll evolve into? xP

Ketsu means "joy". Ketsu is my Togetic. The Togepi line are peace, happiness, and shiny pants personified.

Joy also happens to be my middle name, hence my username.

And, gee, I don't know! Maybe Espeon? =P

Oh god so behind. I spent over an hour and a half looking for a Dunsparce. :I My team:

[Caesar] Chikorita (M) @ Miracle Seed
Lv12 / Serious Nature / Good perseverance
-Synthesis
-Flash
-Razor Leaf
-PoisonPowder

[Gobstopper] Mareep (F)
Lv12 / Quirky Nature / Good Endurance
-Tackle
-Growl
-Thundershock

[Pudding] Rattata (F)
Lv11 / Bashful Nature / Highly Persistent
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite

[Whopper] Wooper (F)
Lv11 / Relaxed Nature / Often scatters things
-Water Gun
-Tail Whip
-Mud Sport
-Mud Shot

[Pancake] Dunsparce (F)
Lv11 / Naive Nature / Quick to Flee
-Rage
-Yawn
-Defence Curl

training everyone up to level 15 at least before heading on. Only one badge.

WHO'S GOOD AT NAMING THINGS well not me.

To round out my team finally, I call on a friend's help to find a Shellder. After I finish this trade, I shall liberate Osaka Goldenrod City from the foul clutches of Team Rocket! Which is so foul because its clutches restrain the wonderful tunes that Buena broadcasts every night from 2 until 3 AM. Seriously, I love that tune.

Time: 18:00
Badges: 7
Team:
Nile (Ampharos) 32
Orinoco (Quagsire) 30
Yangtze (Lanturn) 30
Colorado (Magnezone) 33
Daugava (Shellder) 12
HM Slave (Level 56, because I was out of old Skarmories)

Back
Top Bottom