• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

About to challenge the Elite Four. :) Pretty happy with my team.
Feraligatr, Magmortar, Alakazam, Skarmory, Nidoking and Bellossom (lol Bellossom is so random) xD

First to beat Red in an English game on TCoD, maybe.

Badges: 5
Pokédex: 107

[Vulcan Rex] Quilava (M) Lv29
[Bossa Nova] Miltank (F) Lv29
[Keleth] Xatu (F) Lv28
[Cain] Politoed (M) Lv28
[Acheron] Venomoth (M) Lv31

Finally switched my furret for a miltank (which has scrappy and is generally awesome :D), decided to go with my politoed over a lapras and got the xatu I wanted. I've been using the daycare to get pokémon closer to leveling up and make them easier to evolve with less effort, and I originally only pulled Acheron out to get the evolution over with, but now I'm considering keeping him on my team. There are other things I want to try and I'm trying not to nail those last two slots down just yet (marowak and hitmontop are starting to look interesting), but... I dunno.

Beat Morty without anything fainting, too, although Chuck did manage to take out Cain and Keleth with his stupid haxy primeape. >| (see this is why it's dumb that natu and xatu don't learn any effing psychic-type offensive moves until level 50something) Oh, well. Just did two runs through the Safari Zone, both of which were mildly disappointing because the selection at night sucks and the areas I started with consisted of almost nothing I didn't already have. More should be available by tomorrow morning, including cubone and marowak, so I've stopped for now and am waiting until then.

In other news, Entei can start appearing on land now please! why the fuck are you in a pond I mean really are you having an identity crisis that's the third freaking time you've tried to drown yourself

Hey Zora and X-Scissor, what levels were you guys when you beat Red and what Pokemon did you have? I want to know if I'll stand a chance against him.
I had to send over my Lv. 91 Rayquaza (Lost Plat so I couldn't get any of my main team) and he still fainted like, 5 times.
Red is HARD in HG/SS. ><

Team:

Venonat M Lv. 19
Bellsprout M lv. 20
Nidorina Lv. 20
Natu F lv. 25
Bayleef M lv. 29
Stantler M lv. 30

Rather big change from what I had last time. Many things happened, and now I find myself pointlessly tossing myself at Pryce, my team rather underleveled to take him on at the moment.

The Pokeathlon is great fun, though. Can't wait to try it multiplayer.

I wouldn't be so worried about being unable to beat Pryce, except that my friend is now waiting on someone to get him a male extremespeed Dratini, because he answered one of those questions wrong and got a normal Dratini instead. I knew there was something up with his training technique. I suppose it's more grinding for me.

Stopping for the day/night/whatever. Just have to beat Sabrina, Blaine, and Green now. Halfway to Cinnabar, and much higher leveled than before.

Kenya (Fearow) Lv. 54
Victreebel Lv. 54
Slowbro Lv. 54
Mismagius Lv. 55
Typhlosion Lv. 55

To Do List:
Finish the gym leaders
Check out all the places with Rock Climb

What I'll probably end up doing is going through Mt. Silver, but I might challenge Red once, get my ass handed to me, and start a new game because I don't want to level my Pokemon to level 90. I'm much too lazy.

Well, got my team together. Standing in front of Will. For some reason, it just makes me all fuzzy AND pumped up inside that your Pokemon know what's about to come up. Even though they're level 35, they all act ready to fight.

Gengar lv 35
Strike(Scizor) lv 35
Steelix lv 35
Magmar lv 35
Toto(Feraligatr) lv 41
Ho-Oh lv 45

WHOO beat the E4 last night. Lance wouldn't have been as hard as I thought he would be had his third Dragonite not put me into a situation where I had to Revive things every turn hoping he would hurt himself in Outrage-induced confusion/miss so that I could Revive my Lapras and send it out to get in an Ice Beam. Hell, I might not have won at all had it not been for Statichax from my Ampharos. (Interestingly, Statichax is how I won against Cynthia's Garchomp in Platinum. :V)

Then after that his last Pokémon, Charizard, was a cakewalk. It kept using Air Slash on my Lapras, which survived it far better than anything else survived anything against the Dragonite he'd had before. :V

[Flametail] Typhlosion (F) Level 38
[Olivine] Ampharos (F) Level 38
[Hazy] Golem (M) Level 39
[Minuit] Noctowl (F) Level 39
[Sunstream] Espeon (M) Level 39
[Icerain] Lapras (F) Level 42

My team going into the E4 consisted of all the above at level 38 except Flametail, who was at 37. I've never been so underleveled before in my life, and I won on my first try. I felt so proud ^^

Anyway! On the S.S. Aqua now and en route to Kanto. Hoping that I can get a ~little~ less underleveled before fighting the gym leaders (and subsequently Red). Here's hoping I can win against Red with a team of, say, level 70s! (All my Pokémon were level 60 in Crystal, but Red was also lower-leveled then.)

Alakazam now 62 (and amazingly OP)! Sabrina you are a terrible psychic your prediction of my all of two moves is nonexistent

Wooh! Just beat the E4. The only person besides Lance who gave me any sort of real trouble was Bruno. I learned the hard way that Rock Slide can hit a flying Pokemon. Ho-Oh was taken out in one hit because of that.

Lance saved his dang level 50 Dragonite for last. By then, I was reduced to switching between Feraligatr and Ho-Oh. Feraligatr managed to finally survive and beat him with Avalanche after tanking a Hyper Beam. I noticed Lance isn't as fond of Hyper Beam in this game as he was in the originals.

The credits theme just made me really happy. Even though I've listened to it numerous times online, when played in game, it has this extra 8 bit-ish sound to it that made it sound far more nostalgic than it would have other wise.

Just beat Chuck. He actually gave me some trouble; my team had problems withstanding Rock Slide. Eventually I found out that sending out Oolong first would prompt him to swap Primeape with Poliwrath; I managed to paralyze Primeape before he did that, and after Poliwrath was done I only had a paralyzed Primeape that Iris could outspeed to deal with. Guess the Lighthouse is next.

QUILAVA lv. 25
"Calcifer" | Timid nature | Male

WEEPINBELL lv. 25
"Raja" | Modest nature | Male

POLIWHIRL lv. 27
"Oolong" | Timid nature | Female

SCYTHER lv. 27
"Iris" | Brave nature | Female

UMBREON lv. 22
"Orpheus" | Sassy nature | Male

XATU lv. 25
"Ozymandias" | Modest nature | Male

Just beat Chuck. He actually gave me some trouble; my team had problems withstanding Rock Slide. Eventually I found out that sending out Oolong first would prompt him to swap Primeape with Poliwrath; I managed to paralyze Primeape before he did that, and after Poliwrath was done I only had a paralyzed Primeape that Iris could outspeed to deal with. Guess the Lighthouse is next.

Chuck actually does different things to other people? Because when I fought him, he did absolutely nothing but try and land focus punch with both of his Pokemon...

I am trying to hatch an Adamant natured Scyther... out forty-seven hatched... zero. Oh, well. While my other two Scyther were in the daycare, they grew a TON. Lv. 40 & Lv. 38, and I haven't even beat Whitney yet. ^_^, I could whack her but I'll stick with what I've already got.
[Flare] Quilava, Lv. 25
[Nightwing] Murkrow, Lv. 22
[Artillery] Magby, Lv. 19
[Voltage] Elekid, Lv. 17 (Not sure I'm gonna keep him)
Zubat, Lv. 20, he's leaving, probably.
SOON TO COME; ADAMANT NATURED SCYTHER.

Just beat Blaine. His Rapidash was fond of using bounce on me, so by alternating between Crunch (when it sprang up) and Water Gun (when it came down) I was able to beat it down

So I'm gonna take yet another break before heading back to face Blue.

Beat all of the gym leaders except Green, or whatever his name is. I'm currently training on the E4 just so that I will be sure to beat him. The last time I fought him in Gold, he was insanely difficult, so I'm just training to make sure.

Managed to OHKO both of Jasmine's Magnemites and 2HKO her Steelix. Will probably train more before moving on.

Just beat Blue. His Arcanine gave me heck with Flare Blitz; I was only able to beat him with Ho-oh getting a Critical on Extrasensory.

So I'm going to grind levels for a while and find someone who can learn Rock Climb before I go off to face Red.

Back
Top Bottom