• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Got most of my team, so I thought I'd update.

Tam Lin [Wooper] M, Gentle, Level 18
Adachi [Zubat] M, Bold, Level 18
Zuko [Quilava] M, Adamant, Level 18
Kanji [Flaaffy] M, Relaxed, Level 18
Wesley [Scyther] M, Hardy, Level 18

FFS, I want the last member of my team to be a Dratini, but Voltorb Flip is the most aggravating game in the entire universe. >_< At this rate I'll probably just wait until the damned Safari Zone. Argh!

After an hour of soft-reseting, I finally have a female Totodile affectionally named Mist as as thingly-disquised refrence to Misty. Now I'm officially ready to go.

Recent situation:
Me: (listens to radio) Mary-"THERE'S QWILFISH ON ROUTE 32~!"
Me: Cool! Let's go! *flies to Violet City*
*running through grass* "Da-na-na-na-na...~"
Me: Darnit, stupid encounter.
A WILD RATTATA APPEARED!
Me: Crap.
*CHING SPARKLE SPARKLE*
Me: HOLY CRAP SHINY SHINY! *throws Love Ball*
Rattata was caught!
Me: SHHHHIIIINNNNYYYYY~

That's got to be the fourth HGSS shiny rattata encounter I've heard about in a week.

I still have never encountered a shiny in 4th gen, despite probably 500+ hours between Diamond, Platinum, and HG combined. :|

That's got to be the fourth HGSS shiny rattata encounter I've heard about in a week.

Are they all in the top percentage of Rattata?

Still no shinies, but I have been grinding on Victory Road / screwing around Kanto. I've fixed the power plant and not much else.

edit: also I was sad because I wanted to rebattle Morty last night, but then calling him didn't do anything, so I thought maybe I wasn't at the right point in the game or it was on a different day or something. Then I was grinding and saw that he was calling me right as I encountered a wild Pokemon, so I missed him and couldn't get him to call back. I didn't think they called you? D:

I recently obtained Shiny Leaf number 5 on Raikou. Contrary to what Serebii said (It gets harder to find shiny leaves when you have a lot) I was able to get five on Raikou pretty quickly.

So that's two stars for my trainer card.

I still have never encountered a shiny in 4th gen, despite probably 500+ hours between Diamond, Platinum, and HG combined. :|
This.
Cirrus said:
FFS, I want the last member of my team to be a Dratini, but Voltorb Flip is the most aggravating game in the entire universe. >_< At this rate I'll probably just wait until the damned Safari Zone. Argh
If you want, an easy way to get a Dratini is to get a Ditto, breed your starter, but up the newly hatched starter for trade at the GTS and ask for a Dratini. That's how I got one.

Anyways, off to the E4 for my team. I've got a good amount of Rare Candies left, so I'm using them to get everyone up a couple of levels before going against the E4.
Team:
Lv. 40 Electrode
Lv. 40 Kangaskhan
Lv. 40 Rapidash
Lv. 40 Feraligatr
Lv. 38 Dodrio

I'm considering switching aroun my team for some new Pokemon when I get the National Dex, though I don't know how I want to switch it around.

Got drunk last night and beat all three gym leaders I've kind of been "stuck" on (the fighting guy, the steel chick, and the ice guy). Wasn't so much stuck as I was just uncomfortable with my teams' levels so I was training them all up in that little patch of grass outside the Safari Zone. But apparently they were ifne since I went and rolled through all three leaders in a row. Zubat finally evolved and evolved again at level 30. Could have been sooner if I hadn't used the Exp. Share on him from level 3 to 13. Ah well, he's my new favorite for absolutely curbstomping the fighting guy. Also, I was pretty pleased with myself for getting a level 3 Zubat to a level 30 Crobat in a few hours.

Worf (Magmar) level 32
Lurpak (Ampharos) level 33
Struvite (Graveler) level 32
Ysosrs (Crobat) level 32
Chet (Slowpoke) level 32

Still unsure who to fill my last slot with just now. Probably gonna wait and fill it with Dratini, who will eventually replace Ysosrs as my flyer. Also unhappy that I can't find anyone who will trade Struvite over and back so I can get rid of this ugly Graveler and have a pretty Golem. :3

my mom got the game for me for my 18th birthday. i'm at 19 hours, just after the cianwood badge. i have to fight jasmine so i'm trying to get a water pokemon on my surprisingly spare team right now.

i've got..

-meganium, lvl 35, calm nature, knows petal dance, synthesis, razor leaf, and magical leaf
-ampharos, lvl 35, timid nature, knows charge, thunderpunch, discharge, and thunder wave
-togetic, lvl 33, relaxed nature, knows yawn, wish, extrasensory, and ancientpower

that's pretty much it. noctowl wasn't very fun to use, so i ruled it out of my team. i wanted a ninetails; the vulpix i caught didn't know fire attacks and was a bitch to train, so i decided it wasn't worth the effort. i don't have many ideas about how i'm going to fill out my team.

for the aforementioned water pokemon, it's between lapras and starmie, i think (provided i can get a water stone; otherwise, lapras and staryu). thoughts?

I beat the League at some unearthly hour last night - well, actually this morning. I'm having fun exploring Kanto, marvelling at the prettiness of the cities. Vermilion looks awesome! I've beaten Lt. Surge, Sabrina and Erika in this region so far.

I'd forgotten to mention this previously, but I kinda like the mystic new style of the Name Raters' buildings. 'Tis amusing.

Randomly dumped a hoppip off at the Day care early on in the game, I return to Goldenrod whilst training for the 5th gym and find a level 32 hoppip *mine*

Now I have a Jumpluff staring at my ass wherever I go.

And my Totodile will NEVER evolve >:(

Erm, I'm in Olivine. Technically. As in, I haven't beaten Morty yet, but I have been to Olivine.

Team...

Rafeil (Shellder) level 22,
Orcesis (Murkrow) level 22,
Valain (Nidorino) level 22,
Remolo (Bayleef) level 22,
Serfia (Growlithe) level 17 and
Raillicot (Eevee) level 10, who will be a Jolteon I think.

(If anyone's interested, the nicknames are supposed to be pronounced as if they were French. Yeeaah.)

My name is Azrael, and my rival is Phoenix. It was originally going to be the other way around, but yeah.

Like Cirrus I wanted a Dratini on my team, but Voltorb Flip turns out to be almost as infuriating as (almost) everybody tends to say, so that seems unlikely.

I've also discovered that Rafeil and Valain, in fact Sheldler and Nidorino n general, are irritatingly difficult to train this early on, because so far their only useful damaging moves are Icicle Spear and Double Kick respectively, both of which are small-damage-but-two-to-five-hits affairs. Never mind, they'll grow out of it soon~

WOOT

My friend got me out of Ice Path a few days ago, so I spent a day trying to beat Clair. Then, I challenged the Kimono Girls and won after a few tries. THEN.

I caught Lugia. <3 I named it Dio Mare, which translates roughly from Italian as 'Sea God'. Now I'm trying to save up enough points in the Pokeathlon for a Shiny Stone. :o

DIO MARE IS VERY INTERESTED IN THE ICE.

Just saw Entei. Slightly scary. Of course, I didn't catch it! Manages to deplete it of like 1 HP though.

Just got SoulSilver. Need help with the biggest decision you can make at the beginning of a Pokémon game.

Am I a boy or a girl?

Edit: Girl it is

Last edited:
Guys. Why does my Gengar like gnawing on ice? It is starting to become rather disturbing to me....

>< Just had a very infuriating battle with Lance. Turns out he can 2-shot all of my Pokemon, which is causing some major issues. I really don't want to grind, so if I find that I simply can't defeat him, I'm just going to start a new game.

Lv. 45 Dodrio
Lv. 40 Electrode
Lv. 42 Feraligatr
Lv. 43 Kangaskhan
Lv. 43 Rapidash

Hell yeah just caught Latias.

That's one of the few good things about having Heartgold: I get my favorite Lati. :D

Back
Top Bottom