• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Eight badges, just beat Clair and haven't gotten much farther yet. Busy playing Pokeathlon and training a Horsea father for my Dragon Pulse Dratini.

VictreebelAmpharosButterfreePidgeotTyphlosionFurret

[Edward] Level 39 Male Victreebel Miracle Seed/Relaxed
Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Cut, Acid

[Anastasia] Level 39 Female Ampharos Docile
Strength, Thunder Punch, Thundershock, Discharge

[Kitty] Level 39 female Butterfree Impish
Psybeam, Silver Wind, Bug Bite, Gust

[Crimson] Level 39 Male Pidgeot Lax
Fly, Twister, Wing Attack, Quick Attack

[Falcon] Level 39 Male Typhlosion Quick Claw/Lax
Flame Wheel (to be Flamethrower), Rock Smash, Swift (to be Rock Climb), Lava Plume

[Liia] Level 39 Female Furret Silk Scarf/Gentle
Headbutt, Surf, Sucker Punch, Whirlpool

Planning to replace Liia with a Dratini soon. I like her, but I need someone with Waterfall.

[name] Male Dratini/Dragonair item?/nature?
Dragon Pulse (breed from Horsea), Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool

I have an Extreme Speed Dratini, but I'm pretty sure I need a Dragon Move besides Pidgeot's pathetic Twister attack.

Also, I need to figure out where I can put an Ice move.

Uploaded my team from LeafGreen!

It should probably bother me that my Butterfree on that game is higher level than 5 of the Pokemon on my main squad.

SO i finally killed pryce's gym and am ransacking the radio tower.

...i'm a little bit awkward about the fact that a rocket forced me to change.

and then i was forced to change back into my normal clothes.

...um

Try not to think too much about it. I'm assuming the dude turns around at the very least. I mean, your character is supposed to be, what, ten? Eleven maybe?

So my friend from work drew me a picture of Dragonite because she remembered me mentioning it was my favorite aaaages ago. It's adorable and reminded me that I don't have a Dragonite in my team! :O So I went to get the Extreme Speed Dratini only to learn I apparently took the little quiz wrong. :| Whatevz, I don't have room for Extreme Speed in her final moveset anyway.

But man, if I thought training Mamoswine was slow going, FUCK is training this Dratini slow. Fortunately I was able to hop aboard the boat and get some quality training there. Still slow going though.

One day I want a team of all Pseduo-legendaries, though. Just to say I've done it.

My Dudes:

Shell (Dragonaire) level 38
BadRomance (Houndoom) level 55
Chet (Slowbro) level 56
Hubert (Mamoswine) level 55
Lurpak (Ampharos) level 56
Ysosrs (Crobat) level 54

Chuckles the Primeape is also level 55, but is sitting in the PC just now. Ysosrs has served me very well, but Shell will eventually replace him. But for now, I need him for fly. =/

I'm beginning to train a secondary team for this and that, like the Frontier. Got one of my members (Hakili) already. My Honchkrow has finally reached a high enough level that I can let her fight on her own, and I'm still looking for another move for her set.

My Team:

[Pancake] Dunsparce (F) @ King's Rock
Lv57 / Serene Grace
-Pursuit, Headbutt, Roost, Glare

[Teeka] Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Lv60 / Water Absorb
-Surf, Ice Beam, Wish, Shadow Ball

[Dumpling] Espeon (F) @ Wise Glasses
Lv60 / Synchronize
-Shadow Ball, Swift, Psychic, Future Sight

[Caesar] Meganium (M) @ Miracle Seed
Lv56 / Overgrow
-Synthesis, Reflect, Petal Dance, Magical Leaf

[Gobstopper] Ampharos (F) @ Zap Plate
Lv59 / Static
-Signal Beam, Discharge, Rock Climb, Power Gem

[Nevermore] Honchkrow (F) @ EXP Share
Lv46 / Insomnia
-Wing Attack, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Fly

Hasn't changed much. Trying to think of what to put on my other team; maybe my shiny meowth?

Other Team So Far:

[Hakili] Pikachu (F) @ Light Ball
Lv14 / Timid / Static
-Surf, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack

[Alphonse] Meowth (M) @ ???
Lv16 / Naughty / Pickup / Shiny
-Growl, Bite, Fake Out, Fury Swipes

Very much in training. Any ideas are welcome!

Well, I haven't posted here at all since I've been away for... over a year. T_T So anyways, here's where I'm at, just for fun.

HeartGold:
First round of E4 was a huuuuge pain. It seemed like my Pokemon were juuuuust too weak to one-shot anything, even after I leveled up some more and tried again. Only got through because of Sand Attack and countless revives. Oh, and Starmie saved me against Lance. Currently at Mt. Silver, training. Tried to battle Red and his Pikachu crushed me. Tried to take on the E4 round 2 and also got crushed. Yay training.

Umbreon (M)
Jolly, level 54
Faint Attack, Confuse Ray, Quick Attack, Sand Attack

Lickitung (M)
Jolly, level 54, Oblivious
Power Whip, Earthquake, Refresh, Rock Climb

Ampharos (F)
Serious, level 56
Signal Beam, Charge, Discharge, Thunder Wave

Pidgeot (F)
Gentle, level 54, Tangled Feet
Wing Attack, Sand Attack, Fly, Roost

Starmie
Hasty, level 55, Natural Cure
Blizzard, Recover, Surf, Psychic

Meganium (M)
Docile, level 54
Body Slam, Synthesis, Petal Dance, Reflect

SoulSilver:
I had this one right behind HG for a while, but eventually stopped to focus on that. I have most of the badges though, only needing Brock, Blane, and Blue's. E4 was even worse here, and this time I honestly don't remember how I managed to get passed them, though I do recall using Typhlosion perhaps a little too much.

Kingler (F)
Mild, level 52, Hyper Cutter
Surf, Stomp, Strength, Protect

Fearow (M)
Gentile, level 53, Keen Eye
Aerial Ace, Roost, Mirror Move, Fly

Victreebel (F)
Hasty, level 53
Leaf Blade, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Sludge Bomb

Arbok (F)
Naive, level 52, Shed Skin
Glare, Headbutt, Screech, Earthquake

Haunter (F)
Rash, level 53
Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball

Typhlosion (M)
Lonely, level 53
Quick Attack, Lava Plume, Smokescreen, Flamethrower.

Did I mention I'm on Mt. Silver, trying to defeat Red with level 50s? God his music is awesome. I'm alternating between the GB Sounds classic version and the revamped theme. x3

Uploaded my team from Emerald in preparation for my Water monotype.
Including: The AMAZING CONTEST CREW!
And a Milotic. And Groudon but I have SS so that's kinda useless, but I never managed to actually catch Kyogre.

So I finally beat Chuck, flew back to Olivine and killed Jasmine on my second try (lvl 26 Croconaw took out a lvl 35 Steelix) and then moved on to Mahogany Town. Caught Red Gyrados and I'm now taking down the Rocket hideout there.

Todo (Croconaw) lvl 27 Exp. Share
Scratch, Bite, Surf, Ice Fang

Flaaffy lvl 27
Focus Punch, Charge, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

Graveler lvl 27
Rock Blast, Magnitude, Rock Throw, Rollout

Noctowl lvl 27
Confusion, Peck, Roost, Fly

Magmar lvl 27
Smog, Faint Attack, Ember, Fire Spin

Nidorino lvl 28
oison Sting, Peck, Horn Attack, Double Kick

So! Now I'm in Kanto and I've done a few things without beating any Gym Leaders because a. I want to go in order and b. still need to catch stuff. My 'dex reads 164 caught, and I want to catch Latias to get it out of the way and then I'mma go catch pretty much everything in Johto I didn't already have (except for the extended National Dex Safari Zone, this amounts to Snubbull, Remoraid, Qwilfish and Horsea) and then I'mma go through Kanto and see if there are ~any~ base Pokémon I need that I haven't already caught through both main game and the Pokéwalker. Once I get all the base stuff I'mma use Hoenn/Sinnoh Radio and the National Dex Pokéwalker routes to (hopefully) last me a long time. On the plus side, there won't be a lot of 'dex work left by the time I get to Red, since I'll have at least 320... and quite a few of those will probably be base forms, which can be easily evolved. Then when I'm done the stuff I'm missing probably amounts to legends not in HG/SS, starters and a couple one-offs. Smooth sailing after that! Can't wait.

[Jish] Bellossom (M) Level 46
[Gatorface] Feraligatr (M) Level 47
[Maya] Gengar (F) Level 46
[Flamelo] Fearow (M) Level 46
[Windmill] Electabuzz (M) Level 46
[Firebolt] Arcanine (M) Level 46

TM availability is epic. infinite stealth rock, charge beam, brine, and taunt are ridiculously useful competitively.

and I can actually make use of the entry hazards to use brine of stallrein.

Now i've beaten the game officially, i've created a new save file and traded over some of my great baby pokemon from my Diamond game (my storage game) and i'm using these as my current team:
CharmeleonTrapinchRioluGibleSneasel

This save files more for fun than anything else, and I have just beaten Whitney with my underleveled Trapinch, i'm stuck playing the Pokeathlon games and can't really make any progress in the game. NOT UNTIL I GET 1200 POINTS :O

TM availability is epic. infinite stealth rock, charge beam, brine, and taunt are ridiculously useful competitively.

and I can actually make use of the entry hazards to use brine of stallrein.

Yeah, mind was pretty much blown when I found out you could buy Stealth Rock and Taunt.

Team Rocket at Goldenrod has just been defeated! I thought it was cool that you get to fight all 4 Executives in such a short period of time. The only one who gave me a problem was Archer, because most of my current party is weak to Dark or Fire.

My current party:
Scrabble/Butterfree(LV. 31)
Polio/Poliwag(LV. 32)
Wooda/Sudowoodo(LV. 31)
Ghosto/Huanter(LV. 31)
Bella/Vileplume(LV. 31)
Vio/Espeon(LV. 31)

Next stop, Blackthorn City!

Last edited:
Just caught Latias in my second HG file, went to go look at it and found it was Timid.

What the fuck. My first Latias, which currently resides in Platinum, is Modest. How the fuck did I catch two Latias with natures that are perfect for competitive battling.

I went to put it into Veekun's IV calculator and: its HP and Attack both suck, its Defense is perfect or close to perfect, its Special Attack is between 23 and 25, its Special Defense is between 26 and 28, and its Speed is between 18 and 19.

Poor Speed and HP stats, but everything else looks cool (except for Attack, but Latias doesn't use Attack). My other one's pretty cool too. So now I have halfway-decent Latias that managed to get RNG'd into being Modest and Timid, and unlike pretty much every other Pokémon I couldn't control the RNG or reset until it was nice to me. Whaaaaat the fuck.

Got a handful of badges in Kanto now. Most have been absolutely p-easy, apart from Sabrina who gave me some trouble with that damn Level 55 Alakazam of hers. I ended up having to just use revives until its Psychic PP hit zero because it was just OHKO my entire team. ._.

Winifred's finally catching up on levels, god it made me wish I had an Exp. Share while I needed one.

Time: 40:43
Badges: 12
Pokedex: 63

...I don't think I've ever actively tried to fill the Pokedex like, ever. I'm so lazy.

[Winifred] Dragonair, f, Level 34
Nature: Quirky

[Wesley] Scyther, m, Level 43
Nature: Hardy

[Zuko] Typhlosion, m, Level 43
Nature: Adamant

[Adachi] Crobat, m, Level 43
Nature: Bold

[Tam Lin] Quagsire, m, Level 43
Nature: Gentle

[Kanji] Ampharos, m, Level 45
Nature: Relaxed

Tam Lin and Kanji tend to be at least a couple of levels ahead of everyone else because they're so good in battle... I was going to switch out Tam Lin for a better water Pokemon, maybe a Lapras, but yeah. I probably wouldn't have been able to defeat Sabrina at all without him. Wesley and Adachi are awesome, I love Scyther and Crobat so much.

And I included the natures not because they're actually important to me battle-wise, but because I'd like to point out how well they match up with their nicknames, if you know the fandoms they're from. I even reset until I got the right ones in the case of Zuko and Winifred... :'D

... Oh, right, and somehow Jish managed to outspeed Entei and get in Sleep Powder. Despite the fact that he has only 65 speed. I would think Entei would be faster, especially considering Bellossom's base Speed is half of Entei's.

EDIT: ... yeah, Entei's speed is over thirty points higher than Jish's. o.O Explanation plzthx.

I'm not sure if Entei has it, but maybe it was trying to use Roar? The move has negative priority.

Anyway, I'm in Goldenrod Underground - well, technically I'm in the radio tower, since I just got the key from the director.

[Krakatoa] Typhlosion (F)
Lvl 37, I think...?

[Nepenthes] Weepinbell (M)
Lvl 36 or 37 (that is, one level lower than Krakatoa)

[Uephota] Dragonair (F)
One level lower than Nepenthes

[Umbriel] Umbreon (M)
One level lower than Uephota

[Taranis] Ampharos (F)
One level... blah blah blah

Looking forward to kicking the Rockets off the tower so I can finally catch that Remoraid! Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom