• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Right now my guys are vastly underleveled so I'm just doing random stuff right now. I'm also training Sandwich, my Golbat for the sole purpose of eventually evolving her and probably ditch her in a box if she doesn't make the team (how cruel of you!). I'm at the point where the kimono girls want to battle you ONE AFTER ANOTHER. I also have a ditto now so I can breeeeeed...
Current team:

Sandwich the Golbat level 32
Big red the Gyrados level 34
Egg (Dratini)
YOUR FACE the Ampharos level 34
Stony the Graveler level 34
Midget the Pidgeotto level 33

Blaze is in a box and Chick is in the day care with Day care the Ditto (yes, that's right, I called my Ditto Day care).

I've beaten the E4 now. It took only half my team to beat Lance, though. I sent in Jumpluff to suck up Gyarados' Intimidate and faint, then sent in Pikachu to Volt Tackle the thing into oblivion. Then I switched to my own Gyarados and proceeded to Dragon Dance Twice then sweep Lance's team with a combination of Ice Fang and Waterfall.

Kanto leaders to defeat:
Erika
Janine
Blaine
Blue

it's timid. the extra ten or so points are only good for outspeeding other +speed base 110s and maybe infernape.

I went to go look up some movesets on smogon after I got the Modest Latias and almost all of them suggested Timid as a nature.

Also, in regards to the whole Entei thing: sreservoir pointed out that running legends always run at the end of the turn. But... then why was Latias fleeing before Bellossom (which was first out) got a chance to use Sleep Powder? Both Entei and Latias are faster than Bellossom, and levels didn't make the difference, 'cause when I checked their stats they were *still* faster than Bellossom. What.

Only the Beasts wait till the end of the turn. Latias breaks that rule and is 5 levels lower than them. So yeah...

So I'm like the slowest trainer in the world. But I did manage to get my SoulSilver team going, and just need to evolve 2 of them to completely finish it, besides what moves I want. I have no clue who I had on my old Silver game... so I never attempted to recreate it. (Gold went missing a month after I had it :( so I have no clue who I had on it as well... )

Scizor, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Eevee (will be Espeon), Noctowl, and Houndour, which I'll be evolving soon. Yes, I'm doing an all 2nd gen team. I did the same thing with Pearl with an all 4th gen team. When I get HG, it'll probably be a mixed bag.

I... have to go face Jasmine now, I think. But for now... I'm just screwing around and having fun with like the Pokeathlon and stuff like that and randomly training here and there. xD

I'm in Kanto, but I'm having a bit of trouble from the Snorlax. I have the badges from Erika, Sabrina and Lieutenant Surge, and I've completed the Power Plant task, but I'm not sure how to wake the Snorlax up. I've played both the Pokémon March and the Lullaby on the radio, and neither work...

I'm in Kanto, but I'm having a bit of trouble from the Snorlax. I have the badges from Erika, Sabrina and Lieutenant Surge, and I've completed the Power Plant task, but I'm not sure how to wake the Snorlax up. I've played both the Pokémon March and the Lullaby on the radio, and neither work...

If you haven't already, go to the Lavender Town Radio Tower thing and talk to some old guy on the first floor. He will upgrade your Pokegear Radio so you can listen to more stations. Then go to Snorlax and place your tuner thingy on the top star on your Pokegear radio. You should be on a station called Pokeflute. Then talk to Snorlax and he'll attack you.

Anyways, I'm about to fight Blue.
Current team:
Typhlosion - Lv 60
Alakazam - Lv 60
Noctowl - Lv 60
Lanturn - Lv 60
Flygon - Lv 60
HM SLAVE - Lv 17

I beat Red two days ago, and then got a Charmander and a Treecko. I'll be training and nicknaming them at some point.

Also, today, I beat Thornton for his Silver Print and earned the remaining Battle Points I needed for an Earthquake TM; so I taught Earthquake to my Typhlosion, and am pretty happy.

So I actually sat down last night and made some legitimate progress. Got everyone in my team up to at least level 55. Unless I find something really cool I overlooked, my team is basically done. I want to compare what my planned team was and my final team is.

My planned dudes: Ampharos, Houndoom, Slowbro, Dragonite, Snorlax

My final Dudes:
Ampharos
Lurpak level 56
Discharge, Light Screen, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave

Slowbro
Chet level 56
Psychic, Surf, Yawn, Slack Off

Mamoswine
Hubert level 55
Ice Shard, Blizzard, Ancient Power, Earthquake

Primeape
Chuckles level 55
Taunt, Cross Chop, Rock Climb, Swagger

Houndoom
BadRomance level 55
Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Sunny Day, Solar Beam

Dragonite
Shell level 55
Dragon Rush, Fly, Aqua Tail, Flamethrower

Four outta five ain't too bad. All in all I'm happy with how my team turned out. :3 Now I gotta train em all up and get Red down!

Last edited:
Finally caught a Remoraid! ...Except that she had a horrible nature, so I bred for another one. Then, I spent forever trying to find a Magmar - my efforts ended in failure - so I only had the patience to hatch two Remoraid. The one I decided to keep still had a nature that left things to be desired, but at least it didn't mess up any of his attacking stats.

Anyway, for reasons unknown, I've decided to EV train said Remoraid! So I probably won't be making a lot of progress in the next week or two. Currently farming money for Calcium and Carbos. The EVs sit at 70 speed and 91 sp. attack so far. OTL I fail.

Last edited:
Now I'm trying to beat Red with level 61 Pokemon. Red's Snorlax and Lapras are getting really annoying.

I caught a Ditto and named it Tiger, is this win?

That is literally all I have done in the past week.

Yeah well. Mine is named Pedobear >:3

Grinding Voltrob Flip for Ice Beam, since ffff Slowbro does not learn Avalanche and Blizzard would miss all the time anyways, since I think I sold Hail/never had it in the first place. Got to level 3 and got knocked back down. Damnit. (although, in lv 2 I failed a few times and didn't get knocked back down until later; is that supposed to happen out of some pity-like thing or do I have the best glitch ever?)

Grinding Voltrob Flip for Ice Beam, since ffff Slowbro does not learn Avalanche and Blizzard would miss all the time anyways, since I think I sold Hail/never had it in the first place. Got to level 3 and got knocked back down. Damnit. (although, in lv 2 I failed a few times and didn't get knocked back down until later; is that supposed to happen out of some pity-like thing or do I have the best glitch ever?)

It depends on the amount of squares you flipped over; in your case, if the first, second or thir tile you flipped was a voltorb, you'd get bumped down. Anything past three (on level three, anyway) is safe and you will not get bumped.

Speaking of that game, I reached level 8. In Goldenrod. is that supposed to happen?

Scizor, Feraligatr, Ampharos, Eevee (will be Espeon), Noctowl, and Houndour, which I'll be evolving soon. Yes, I'm doing an all 2nd gen team. I did the same thing with Pearl with an all 4th gen team. When I get HG, it'll probably be a mixed bag.

I tried doing an all 2nd gen team, but I caught a Sandshrew as a substitute for a Phanphy, and wasn't able to get rid of her.

I'm still leveling up for the Elite Four with 53 some hours under my belt. Voltorb Flip isn't helping the progress much either, but I've finally gotten enough coins to buy Ice Beam for my Lanturn because of it. All my Pokémon are level 45, except for Overcast, my Umbreon, who's at level 22, since he was a late addition to my team.

My team consists of Overcast (Umbreon), Socks (Furret) Terra (Sandslash), Xatu, Lanturn, and Typhlosion, which the last half I still need to come up with nicknames for and I might rename Terra.

About half an hour ago I defeated Clair and got my Extremespeed Dratini. I just arrived in New Bark Town and got the Master Ball. I'll probably do some exploring in some caves before I get Ho-oh because my Pokemon are seriously underleveled.

My current party:
Aaria/Dratini(F)Lv. 16
Togi/Togetiv(M)Lv. 33
Redrage/Gyarados(M)Lv. 34
Toro/Tauros(M) Lv. 33
Zaro/Ampharos(M) Lv. 33
Polio/Poliwirl(M) Lv. 33

The last time I played was when I did the Arcues event. Now I'm going to head to Azalea to take on Bugsy. I currently have a level 14 Tototilde [f/Mist] on me as well as a level 12 Hoothoot [/F/Skye]. In the PC I have a level 100 Arcues that I got to do the event ((the person I traded for never asked for it back. >.>)) and a level 3 Giratina [G/Gira]] as well as an egg.

Back
Top Bottom