• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

Luck! In this game it kind of sucks because you can't really waste a Master Ball on Giratina because there's five running legendaries. I remember in Pearl I beat Cyrus and survived with one pokémon at less than 10 HP. I had to use the Master Ball. :(

Can't run from it and try to capture it later, can I? Or get back out and buy more Dusk Balls before coming back?

EDIT: ... never mind. I DID IT <3

Last edited:
So now I'm training for my gym battle with Volkner.(spelling?) This time I am going to train, so I don't have to worry about it for the league! Team:

Pepper(Infernape incase you guys forgot) lv44
Mamoswine lv44
Bibarel lv38(doubt that I'm going to train it for the battle)
Staraptor lv38(same as Bibarel)
Togekiss lv42
Crobat lv39(again, same as Bibarel)

List of possible pokemon: Quagsire lv31, Houndoom lv35, Cranidos lv20, and Giratina lv47. I really don't want to use Giratina just yet, but I will if needed. Has any news on the Secret Key been released yet?

I'm training for my final gym battle! I captured Giratina (omg the distortion world is on drugs), and such.

Team:
[Blaulich] Rotom (X) Lv47
[Flick] Staraptor (F) Lv44
[Baby] Vaporeon (F) Lv44
[Elysia] Houndoom (F) Lv48
[Gaia] Torterra (F) Lv48
[Sona] Yanmega (F) Lv48

gunna train to level 50 before going to the gym~

Oh, I could have sworn I got the Up-Grade in the Warehouse.

Luck! In this game it kind of sucks because you can't really waste a Master Ball on Giratina because there's five running legendaries. I remember in Pearl I beat Cyrus and survived with one pokémon at less than 10 HP. I had to use the Master Ball. :(

I found myself in a similar situation in Diamond. Cyrus had killed two-thirds of my team, and one of the remaining wasn't doing much better. The only fully healed one was my Infernape

...And I had about Ten Ultra Balls, three Great balls, a Poke ball, and a Net Ball. You do the math on that one.

Just got to the Elite Four today. Didn't do too bad considering it was my first try and I didn't have a single Pokémon at or above level 50--started with the whole team at level 47 except for my Chatot (who was level 48), and ended up getting all the way to Flint's Magmortar before I finally lost.

Aaron was surprisingly hard... well, not really "hard" so much as "time-consuming."

Bertha was surprisingly easy (she always seemed a lot harder than Aaron in Diamond)... though that's probably because I had attacks that were 4x effective on everything but her Hippowdon.

Flint was definitely tougher than Aaron and Bertha (though, sadly, he doesn't have his weird mixed-up team anymore... it's all a bunch of silly Fire-types.)

Current team:
Torterra ♂ (Turtle) Lv.47
Golduck ♂ (Yamcha) Lv.47
Rotom ☉ (Kami) Lv.48
Gallade ♂ (Trunks) Lv.49
Chatot ♀ (Velveeta) Lv.48
Mamoswine ♂ (Ganondorf) Lv.48

Last edited:
I caught Giratina last night and am about to head off to Sunyshore to train and challenge that gym.

[Minuit] Noctowl (F) level 44
[April] Houndoom (F) level 45
[Leafpool] Leafeon (F) level 46
[Stormbade] Scyther (M) level 46
[Icewater] Empoleon (M) level 46
[Lightning] Pikachu (F) level 47

Oh yeah, before going to Sunyshore I flew off to Snowpoint, aaaaand... DIAMOND DUST :D I've been checking my Pearl for diamond dust for a while now but never found it... until today :DDDD

Hee, I love glitching up weather between routes. I went to Acuity Lakefront and back, and I thought I saw the top of the screen 'mist' up, so I went back to Acuity and back to Snowpoint to check this. It started snowing in Snowpoint because of the swiftness of the change, so I went to Acuity and it misted up (which doesn't actually happen during diamond dust), and then diamond dust appeared and it immediately un-misted. 8D

I got Platinum yesterday; it's good fun. THey really seemed to do their best to differentiate it form D/P.

Anyway, I got a female naive Chimchar on my first try. I caught a Budew north of Jubilife, but forgot to train or even heal it, which was bad since I accidentally ran into my rival. Luckily, his Piplup didn't use a water move, so I was fine. The gym was a breeze with Mega Drain and Mach Punch. Currently, I'm in Floaroma, ready to storm the windworks.

Chimchar [F] Lv. 17
Budew [F] Lv. 16

Planned Team:
Infernape/Magmortar
Roserade
Togekiss
Gallade
Rotom
Azumarill/Scyther

Can't wait to get the secret key so I can use Wash Rotom.

asdfjkl; GIRATINA. GODDAMN IT. I go up to him fully healed, with 10 Dusk Balls, 10 Ultra balls, and various other preparations. I wasn't making the same mistake I made in Pearl (even though I caught Palkia on the first ball I threw, but that's because he was pathetic). The only thing I could have used was revives, since I only had one or two left from my battle against Cyrus. But all in all, I was ready for some Legend-catchin'.

...So I THOUGHT. So I have him paralyzed, at around ONE HP, and he's fainted 5/6 of my party. I've used up all my Ultra balls and Dusk balls (does the Distortion World count as "dark," anyhow?), and I'm futilely lobbing Great Balls, waiting for more turns to pass so that I can use my timer balls.

And then he criticals and kills my Staraptor.

Dammit.

Tips, anyone?

EDIT: Team for anyone who cares.
[Rex] Infernape (M) Lv.49
[Miles] Floatzel (M) Lv.43
[Demo] Porygon (X) Lv.41
[Kokia] Staraptor (F) Lv.44
[Teropea] Tropius (F) Lv.37
[Haychem] Bibarel (M) Lv.28 (HM slave if you couldn't tell)

Oh, I could have sworn I got the Up-Grade in the Warehouse.

....Five? What are they?

@Involuntary Twitch: Save before battling him :3 That's my solution.

Currently I am trying to get through Victory Road. I just wasted all my Poke Balls on a wild Gabite. I called it Glitter because it "loves shiny things" :3

[Sai] Alakazam (M) (But planning to kick him off for Luxray 'cause I love those things)
[Blackspite] Toxicroak (F)
[Prince] Empoleon (M)
[Swift] Lopunny (F)
[Vathra] Crobat (M)
[Cicada] Scizor (F)

All level 46 except Prince, who is level 47.

Actually, Gabite loves "sparkly things." The five legends are Mesprit, Cresselia, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. The latter three are enabled by talking to Oak.

Got someone to help me transfer my main team from Pearl, finally beat the E4. Now I'm trying to fill the Pokedex; does anyone know where I can see an Ambipom?

Current team:

Gardevoir Lv. 100 [F] (Hera)
Infernape Lv. 92 [M] (Rhythm)
Vapoeon Lv. 73 [M] (Mikau)
Typhlosion Lv. 76 [F] (Cyndra) (How the hell did this happen I was gonna send her over after the national Dex o.o)
Azelf Lv. 52 (Esaul)
Giratina Lv. 48

Oh gooood I got so lucky on the E4 - I had one pokemon (Baby) left and she froze Cynthia's Garchomp with ice beam and then killed it~

Team:

[Gaia] Torterra (F) Lv52
[Flick] Staraptor (F) Lv52
[Blaulich] Rotom (X) Lv52
[Sona] Yanmega (F) Lv49
[Baby] Vaporeon (F) Lv54
[Elysia] Houndoom (F) Lv52

completing the dex now~

asdfjkl; GIRATINA. GODDAMN IT. I go up to him fully healed, with 10 Dusk Balls, 10 Ultra balls, and various other preparations. I wasn't making the same mistake I made in Pearl (even though I caught Palkia on the first ball I threw, but that's because he was pathetic). The only thing I could have used was revives, since I only had one or two left from my battle against Cyrus. But all in all, I was ready for some Legend-catchin'.

...So I THOUGHT. So I have him paralyzed, at around ONE HP, and he's fainted 5/6 of my party. I've used up all my Ultra balls and Dusk balls (does the Distortion World count as "dark," anyhow?), and I'm futilely lobbing Great Balls, waiting for more turns to pass so that I can use my timer balls.

And then he criticals and kills my Staraptor.

Dammit.

Tips, anyone?

If you knock out Giratina in the Distortion World instead of catching it, you can go back and catch it later in Turnback Cave (same place it was in D/P.) It probably changes the "after fighting Giratina" scene a bit, also, since Cyrus/Cynthia mentioning that you caught Giratina wouldn't make a lot of sense if you actually didn't catch the thing.

It's not just Giratina either--apparently, all of the visible-on-the-map legendaries that you knocked out come back to their original spots every time you beat the Elite Four. So if you accidentally kill one of 'em, you can still catch it later.

does anyone know where I can see an Ambipom?

There's a trainer in Victory Road who has one. One of the boy/girl double-battle pairs, if I remember right.

I just beat the Pokemon League a second time. Somehow I managed to OHKO Cynthia's Lv.78 Garchomp with my Lv. 65 Abomasnow. I'm surprised the Garchomp didn't take out my Abomasnow before I got a chance to use that. I'm probably going through the game way too fast.

i beat the league earlier, and i just caught azelf. it only took me around 10-15 dusk balls
team:
infernape lv56
togekiss lv56
leafeon lv53
octillery lv53
luxray lv53

So I got to the League in Platinum and am preparing to go up against it (that s, level crazily).

I tried going up against it with the following team, but I got to Flint's Magmortar before I died.

Um. What level should I be at before I try again?

Team:

[Leafpool] Leafeon (F)
level 51
Giga Drain
Magical Leaf (waiting for Leaf Blade :( why must it come so late)
Bite
Quick Attack

[April] Houndoom (F)
level 51
Flamethrower
Fire Fang
Bite
Faint Attack

[Icewater] Empoleon (M)
level 51
Strength (uh. needed a non-water attack.)
Surf
Brine
Waterfall

[Lightning] Pikachu (F) She has a Light Ball too.
level 51
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Discharge
Quick Attack

I... don't think I'll be using her much. She doesn't outspeed a lot and has horrible defense.

[Minuit] Noctowl (F)
level 51
Extrasensory
Hypnosis
Air Slash
Fly

[Stormblade] Scyther (M)
level 51
X-Scissor
Night Slash
Slash
False Swipe

Level suggestions?

So I got to the League in Platinum and am preparing to go up against it (that s, level crazily).

I tried going up against it with the following team, but I got to Flint's Magmortar before I died.

Um. What level should I be at before I try again?

Team:

[Leafpool] Leafeon (F)
level 51
Giga Drain
Magical Leaf (waiting for Leaf Blade :( why must it come so late)
Bite
Quick Attack

[April] Houndoom (F)
level 51
Flamethrower
Fire Fang
Bite
Faint Attack

[Icewater] Empoleon (M)
level 51
Strength (uh. needed a non-water attack.)
Surf
Brine
Waterfall

[Lightning] Pikachu (F) She has a Light Ball too.
level 51
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Discharge
Quick Attack

I... don't think I'll be using her much. She doesn't outspeed a lot and has horrible defense.

[Minuit] Noctowl (F)
level 51
Extrasensory
Hypnosis
Air Slash
Fly

[Stormblade] Scyther (M)
level 51
X-Scissor
Night Slash
Slash
False Swipe

Level suggestions?

It might be different in Platinum, but in Diamond, I trained all my Pokemon to level 60 and was fine.

Actually, Gabite loves "sparkly things." The five legends are Mesprit, Cresselia, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. The latter three are enabled by talking to Oak.

Ah. Is Oak at the end of the game?

Anyway, I didn't do much last night. But I renamed my Lopunny Ame because Lopunny is my Pokesona now, and caught a Luxio named Neji, and evolved him ^^

Beat the E4 and Cynthia for the first time earlier today. Cynthia seemed freakishly easy this time, especially after how hard Flint and Lucian were... I guess it's mostly due to type matchups--my Rotom took out her Togekiss and Lucario singlehandedly (the Lucario was so busy hitting himself that he didn't even get a single point of damage in!), and came very close to knocking out her Milotic as well. And of course, her Garchomp didn't do well against my Mamoswine at all (if not for the Sitrus Berry and Full Restore, the mutant sharkdragonthing would've been dead in two hits...)

Just like in Diamond, my Pokémon were all in the low 50's. The whole team ended up being either Lv.53 or Lv.54 by the end (unlike in Diamond, where only my Skuntank got up to level 54; the others ranged from 51 to 53.)

And the Battle Zone island is really different now. Not just the addition of the other four Battle Frontier things, either--pretty much all of the graphics have been redone so it actually looks like someplace with a different environment than the rest of Sinnoh.

Some of the new Battle Frontier trainers have really strange names... for example, a cameraman named Xenon, a hiker named Raiden, and a bug catcher named Amadeus.

Current Team:
Torterra ♂ (Turtle) Lv.55
Golduck ♂ (Yamcha) Lv.55
Rotom ☉ (Kami) Lv.56
Gallade ♂ (Trunks) Lv.56
Chatot ♀ (Velveeta) Lv.55
Mamoswine ♂ (Ganondorf) Lv.56

Back
Top Bottom