• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The world ends on Saturday

I heard the radio station I listen to say that if the world doesn't end today they're going to call this person who started it all on Monday. That's going to be fun to listen to :)

lol his website's been down since it became obvious the rapture wasn't happening.

In other news, it's the first beautiful day in forever here at 12:08 PM!

I'm going to be at my crush's house partying it up with her and our entire posse of friends.

As I wrote to her earlier, "there's no place i'd rather be on doomsday than at your place partying with our posse. :D"

lol his website's been down since it became obvious the rapture wasn't happening.

His Facebook is still up :3 He even put something on it saying "May 21 is still ongoing. Please be paitient." I love watching his page become spammed.

There's still 17 and a half hours until the day is over in every timezone. Isreal still has 4 and a half hours left. The day's not over yet.

But I put more stock into 2012 than I put into this.

I'm debating whether or not to broach the subject of 'intimacy' with my girlfriend! Better choose quick Jess, you've only got twenty minutes left!

This sounds brutal and awesome (re: Monopoly) and I think that I shall be demanding a game of it soon. Perhaps on my birthday, when I shall be demanding all sorts of ridiculously and absurd things.

Have you ever played Wisest Wizard? It's a brutal game, truly, but hilarious (there are boss fights and drinks are like, elixirs and stuff!). Also I assume you already know of Ring of Fire (aka Kings of Beers in some places)? IF NOT, PLAY IT because it is fun :D

You SHOULD. And I've not played Wisest Wizard, I shall have to look it up (I still have lots of gin left over :D), and of course I love Ring of Fire. Although perhaps I've never had to be the one to drink the dirty pint at the end XD

... I thought you weren't allowed to buy properties your first trip around the board, anyway? Or is that a niche rule only supported by some families to prevent stabbings over who monopolised the railways?

With my housemates, we play it where you can buy a property whenever (if we want a quick game, we make it so, when someone lands on a property, it has to be bought, so if the person landing doesn't want it, the other players can bid for it - I've bought Piccadilly Circus for £5 before!), all tax money goes into the middle of the board and the next person to land on Free Parking gets it, if you roll doubles three times in a row, you go to jail, and landing on Go gets you £400. Which are the rules I don't think people normally play by.

An hour till Doctor Who's on. If the world could not end till then, that'd be grand.

With my housemates, we play it where you can buy a property whenever (if we want a quick game, we make it so, when someone lands on a property, it has to be bought, so if the person landing doesn't want it, the other players can bid for it - I've bought Piccadilly Circus for £5 before!), all tax money goes into the middle of the board and the next person to land on Free Parking gets it, if you roll doubles three times in a row, you go to jail, and landing on Go gets you £400. Which are the rules I don't think people normally play by.

The first rule I've never heard of, but just about everything else is a common house rule or an official variant, at least here in the states. In fact, the rolling doubles three times in a row landing you in jail rule is official AFAIK.

I heard that the Rapture starts at 6 PM, but what time zone that means, I've no clue.

My mom woke me up at 10:00 to tell me, "Guess what? We're not dead! :D" And to think, last week I was sorta freaking out about this :p

Well, I made it through graduation okay and got to hug my best friend/painfully one-sided love interest without too much of a struggle (he is averse to hugs but TOO BAD for him today) so I'm pretty okay with whatever the world decides to do today. Not that anything will happen.

Guys, we haven't heard from uv recently. *le gasp* Could this mean that she's been rapture'd?

And don't tell me she's asleep/just waking up because it's anywhere from 2:36 to 7:06 am right now!

Last edited:
I totally had a Schrodinger's cat moment when I woke up... I couldn't see outside, and there was no light.... the condition of the world was in flux... until I checked facebook.

It's the end of the world for the third time this century! Woohoo!

But make sure you don't use up too much energy, because next year there's more!

(which is also bullshit by the way, as well as every "accurate mayan prediction" ever)

Back
Top Bottom