• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trapt on a Deserted Island.

Now tell me, does the othe way around apply? Do British girls find American accent's attractive?

Honestly? Not really, in my experience. We get loads and loads of American media, so US accents aren't particularly special, and most people find some US accents (particularly those from the Southern states) extremely annoying. (case in point: the entire cast of To Kill a Mockingbird)
I know a few people who find Canadian accents really cute, though.

And Tailsy's right; very few UKians actually speak like the Queen/Hugh Grant/Emily from Friends, and accents vary massively from reigion to reigion. I can't always understand what my Welsh friend is saying (she pronounces "year", "ear" and "hair" exactly the same!), and I don't always get Birmingham or Liverpudlian accents, and I muddle up Essex accents with Cockney. But I'm used to pro'er Devon assents, so what do I know?

Honestly, I dunno who I'd choose. It really depends on how long I would be there for. If it was a short while, maybe about a week, I'd choose the member that I'd most want to hang out with. Which is Eevee, because I have a sort of idol-worship thing going on with him. If, on the other hand, I am to be stranded on this island for a year or so, I'd probably choose a straight girl around my age that is both attractive and interesting, but I really can't think of any member here off the top of my head that fits that description, so... uh.

As for items to bring, I'd take a sketchbook/pencil, definitely. If I could take two, I would choose my second item to be piano or something so that I could play it if I ever got bored. And would I try to get off the island? Um... of course? :/

Honestly? Not really, in my experience. We get loads and loads of American media, so US accents aren't particularly special, and most people find some US accents (particularly those from the Southern states) extremely annoying. (case in point: the entire cast of To Kill a Mockingbird)

Butbutbut Southern accents are so awesome! D:

And Tailsy's right; very few UKians actually speak like the Queen/Hugh Grant/Emily from Friends, and accents vary massively from reigion to reigion. I can't always understand what my Welsh friend is saying (she pronounces "year", "ear" and "hair" exactly the same!), and I don't always get Birmingham or Liverpudlian accents, and I muddle up Essex accents with Cockney. But I'm used to pro'er Devon assents, so what do I know?

I personally *hate* those "posh" accents that everyone in America thinks is the only English accent. I more like accents from the more southern areas of England.

Fun Fact: Californian accents are apparently very hard to imitate, due to very relaxed vowels and such.

I know a few people who find Canadian accents really cute, though.

Canadians sound absolutely adorable! But nobody will tell me the differences between each accent so I can't tell which is which. ;;

Welsh people are hysterical. I want to hug one whenever I hear them speak they're so damn silly-sounding. <3

(I also heard that some countries subtitle Taggart. With English subtitles. Is that true?)

If I were stuck on an island, I wouldn't wish the same ill fate upon any of my 'friends.' and I doubt I couldn't pick one over the other because they're all cool people.

That's very noble of you!

Hmm, if I were trapped?

The person I'd take with me would be one of these three:
Tailsy - Just because.
Dannichu - She probably wouldn't mind being trapped on an island with me. In fact we'd probably jsut sing ourselves to death or something. xD
Butterfree - Someone who actually has the brains to say: "Let's get off of the island now" and think up a way to do so.

Item:
Presumably a motorised boat with enough fuel to get us home.

Last edited:
in order of priority: opaltiger, Butterfree, Tailsy; motorboat :3

Is the topic title intentionally referencing the band or is someone incapable of spelling?

o.o Trapt isn't the right way to say it? And let''s add in more restrictions: You can have anything but a means of getting off the island. Now what would ou bring?

Why... why would it be "trapt"? I can't think of any other word that ends that way.

I'm glad someone finally mentioned this. It's been bugging me forever, but I didn't want to be a grammar Nazi. :|

If I were trapped on an island with my girlfriend, it would be the happiest moment of my life.

(NB. it is a long-distance relationship so unfortunately I have only been able to spend two days actually with her)

don't care who
fully functioning huge cruise boat made of solid diamond encrusted platinum
so I could escape and get rich
and if thats not allowed a nice mansion to live in
(yes I intend to benefit)

Hm...
Person: Crap. This is tough for a few reasons, one because there are a few people I'd like to bring, and two because I might drive them insane like the way a crazy territorial lice-infested castaway would drive a couple of interlopers insane.
...Bad metaphor.T_T
Thing: Well, since I can probably starve myself from internet * I've done it for six fecking years before, people* i'd probably bring a hunting kit.

Hmmm, for my online friend, if you would have asked me this back when I first started the forums, it would have been Hawkfish. But now she's never on anymore, so I guess it would be Erindor, or Darkarmour. Heck, there's a lot I would pick. But it says only one.

As for my item, it would be... an endless supply of bubblegum XD then I could blow a bubble and fly out of here.

It would be assorted flavours

Hm...well i don't really know anyone around here on this forum, but if it was one of my other online buddies i'd choose Falkon 491 (he's not yet a member of this forum, but who knows where time will lead?)
As for my one item...well I really don't know. Probably a laptop with Wi-fi so i could play Runescape. Heh. I wouldn't even email for help or anything. Being stuck on a deserted island with Falkon 491 would be awesome! <3

Fuck your boats, I'm using a fully functional HELICOPTER.

Person I'd get stuck with: in order, Tailsy, opal, vplj, everyone else.

Person: In order; Silver-Miatsu, Crypcia or Darksong, EeveeSkitty, Mewtwo, _Ditto_, Mercury, everyone else. Preferably anyone in the top four... It's hard to decide on just one.

Item: SO HARD. ;~; Not really. :D A matter-teleporter macine, it's something that allows me to retrieve anything I want! 8D It's the ultimate all-in-one!

Back
Top Bottom