• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Twilight

Whoever played Edward was... icky :(

is this better (right) (ignore the moustache, it is for historical accuracy):

411px-LittleAshes_poster.jpg

why, yes! yes, it is a film about Salvador Dalí's tortured gay lovelife.

Oh God NO. Please please please tell me that's not Robert Pattinson on the right. o__o!

Yeah he's pretty handsome.
Though what the hell there's a film about Lorca and Dali and I wasn't informed wtf

EDIT: oh okay it's not out yet, that explains it!

i went to see the movie out of curiosity. i was not entertained, though i sat through the whole thing out of respect for my cousins, thinking they liked it; it turns out they didn't like it and that was the second time they saw it. i felt really bad about that. :c

Everything I've heard about twilight implies watered down gothic vampire fanfiction for the masses

of course I didn't listen to our literary magazine editor and tried reading it over someone's shoulder and it sounded pretty much like what I've heard.

I mean seriously there are people at school who think they're cool and trendy and subculture because they love the book so much that means they love vampires right right

they should read Necroscope and then go cry.

(sorry i hate watery mass marketed boring lame media ripped from a sub sub genre that tries to/starts a trend.)

I would guess more people read Shakespeare anyway, simply because he is required reading in practically every English course ever.

My thoughts:

Epic piece o' shit book. People here have hit most of the points already. I think this book wouldn't suck so bad if half the fucking book wasn't her describing how hot Edward looks. Then some really retarded stuff they do, LOL WE PLAY BASEBALL IN THE THUNDERSTORMS.

And if the author wasn't so terrible, I'd say she ruined the hell out of vampires. Glittering people. Glitter! Because they already don't sound like pussies.

It's okay, True Blood is amazing enough to counter the effect of Twilight when it comes to vampires in general.

I liked Twilight the first time I read it becuse I was ridiculously lonely as my boyfriend was out of the country (i.e. I pictured Edward as my boyfriend unintentionally for the whole book). It is a pretty silly book, but it's good if you need something to do and don't really feel like thinking.

It also makes a decent paperweight.

Read the first, don't want to read the rest. Boring series.
This.

I read and enjoyed the first, (no, not loved, enjoyed), but I had to stop reading the series because of New Moon. It was horrible, and it was aggravating. Very mediocre, and it's pathetic that's she thought about writing the same books over but in Edward's Point of view. Moron.

Never read any of them, or really wanted to... I have heard a few things about them, though--mostly bad things, though a few people I know liked the books. The movies, on the other hand, seem to be just about universally hated. XD

The "sparkly vampires" thing sounded really stupid--I don't mind if someone wants to write about vampires that don't burst into flames and die in direct sunlight (personally I think it'd make more sense if they just got really nasty sunburns due to their paleness, or maybe if exposure to sunlight messed up their vision), but sparkling? That's just ridiculous.

Never read any of them, or really wanted to... I have heard a few things about them, though--mostly bad things, though a few people I know liked the books. The movies, on the other hand, seem to be just about universally hated. XD

The "sparkly vampires" thing sounded really stupid--I don't mind if someone wants to write about vampires that don't burst into flames and die in direct sunlight (personally I think it'd make more sense if they just got really nasty sunburns due to their paleness, or maybe if exposure to sunlight messed up their vision), but sparkling? That's just ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure the intended effect wasn't 'sparkly' but rather 'impressive shining'. Needless to say it didn't work, but... :b

I actually feel that the film was the only decent thing about the entire franchise. They removed Stephenie Meyer who made the books crap (there were so many things in the books that could be interpreted as clever, but since it's Meyer...) and though it wasn't exactly THAT much better than mediocre, they were still somewhat enjoyable. In a guilty-pleasure sort of way.

the horrid movie and the squealing 99% hormonal female fanbase put me off of Twilight forever.

also I forgot to mention ...
VAMPIRES
DO NOT
SPARKLE!!!

I'm pretty sure the intended effect wasn't 'sparkly' but rather 'impressive shining'. Needless to say it didn't work, but... :b

I actually feel that the film was the only decent thing about the entire franchise. They removed Stephenie Meyer who made the books crap

Not quite. Did you pay attention during the restaurant scene?
I did after it was brought to my attention in a thread on TwilightSucks.com. That was not a cameo, it was Smeyer hogging the spotlight.

BUT MORE ON TOPIC: I still hate it. :]

Pleaaaaaaase, don't get me started.

Okay, I have a lot of stuff to say about this series.

First of all, I don't know where you guys live, but here where I live, everyone and their MOM (literally, their mom) likes this series. Like, seriously, everyone has been and is still talking about these books so much that I honestly hate this series with a passion. With. A. P-A-S-S-I-O-N. When I first read the books, I was like "okay, it's the typical vampire-and-human love story. not too bad." But now every time someone says the word "Twilight" I have a sudden and very-hard-to-resist urge to rip off their head Mortal Kombat style and chuck it to Africa.

So please, please, please, please, poliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice DON'T say...that...word ever again.

Wow, I feel terrible. :v I thought I had rage issues... *looks at FF Dissidia*

I actually find this series... tolerable. My mom likes it, and she rarely enjoys anything I've ever watched or read so it was really nice to have something to talk about for a change.

We went to see the first movie on opening night, and boy was it fun. The crowd was just so... amusing. I've never been somewhere where people were actually screaming excitedly about the very thing I was there for, so that was a new experience. There were about... oh, just ten Team Jacobs there who squealed whenever he was onscreen, and a group of 30+ women squealing whenever Carlisle (Carlyle? I've slept since then w/e) was on screen. And in the scene where the Cullens first walk into the cafeteria and are introduced, everyone was already screaming for Edward even though he wasn't on screen yet, but was the only one left to be introduced.

There was also a trailer for that horror movie Unborn or whatever. IRL trolling of all the little five-year-olds there to watch the teenaged actors make out onscreen. It was awesome.

It was a guilty pleasure, I guess? :v I mean I don't hate it but I don't think it was the best thing ever. You just have to take it for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom