• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Wave goodbye to your secret crap, dumbass!

Re: post in me or the puppy gets it

Sorry, I don't want to seem impatient but have you started my request yet?

@ DA - I'm not doing it for a few reasons: I asked for crit or comments on specific works to do requests, and I don't think I'm very good at drawing real people. :C If you still want a request done, just make me a nice comment about one or two pictures and I'll try to since you did ask before I closed them. C:

@ MG - I got yours done, but I really don't like it much, so I will redo it for you if you want me to. xC

@ Kai - Here's yours~ I can colour if you like.

Also this.
Stupid Typography.

Any comments?

ETA: OH YEAH I forgot. Me and moony's banner set of the now:
Roses-Ed.png

violets-Roy.png

Last edited:

I kind of found the mouth/head shape a bit annoying, but you don't have to redo it if you don't want to. Otherwise it's made of immense win.

And that Giratina drawing is completely amazing, I am not kidding.

Last edited:

@ Kai - Here's yours~ I can colour if you like.
...whoa...

...er, yes, I'd really like a color version, thanks.

Comments? Uh, It looks nice? I'm sorry, but I'm terrible at criticising artwork. Everything looks alright, including the hair, even if I do look a bit girly. I think it makes me look sexy :)

Wow... Those are niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
:3 Kai looks gender confused pretty good. :3

Still aspiring to be even a fourth of your talent, FMC.

I'd say my favorite is the Chocobo. :) (A little back)

An OS pic? Yay! :D

I'm also gonna join in the KaiPictureLove (I love the cute little grins you give your humans) and the newest pic of Ed is very cool; I especially like the nose for some reason :)

AM I IN THE OS PICTURE TELL ME TELL ME

And the hands certainly are better than mine

strange sudden desire to post in this threeeeaaaad oh man.

I think this one is one of your best pictures. I cannot do sideshots of faces for the life of me. (though I think where his jawline ends is a touch too close to the back of his neck- but if this is inked already, nvm.) The hands are very nice, the fingers look nicely proportioned and everything. Very nice. I'm guessing you did this already, but I can't emphasize enough how looking at your own hands helps.

Is suggestions and CC okay? :B I didn't see anything about it in the first post and there's no "suggestions" tag in the title... but I just don't feel like I'm contributing to an art thread without offering a little CC.

Overall, your style is cute, and it's definitely improved from page 1. There's still room for improvement, though, but it's nothing that continuous practice, use of reference and such can't fix! If I may make a specific suggestion, though, try different angles and more varied poses once you feel you have the basics and everything. (Like, you're practicing hands, so get the hang of hands before trying angles and etc. with them, is what I mean. Gotta have the groundwork so you understand how and why things look the way they do, right?)

Speaking of page one, it's cool to use your avatars in the first post as long as you get credit in the sig or something, right? I might want to use one sometime, since card illustrations make such classy avatars. And I absolutely love the choice of illustration and their composition. <3

And one last thing, who's that guy in your avatar, and where is he from? He looks like a cool dude. He looks somewhat familiar but I can't put my finger on where he might be from, besides an anime.

Last edited:

:D omg thanks for the post! I'm doing my best to learn how to do more things (like draw more realistically!) I love crits <3

And you can use the avis with some credit if you like, go ahead C:

(and the guy in my avi is Black Jack, from... uh, Black Jack. x3; It's a really good manga and I've just started to watch the anime)

^^ I'm glad you do! I dunno how many people I just read about that like... snap at any CC period. But maybe I just read Encyclopedia Dramatica too much. Yeah, that must be it. Geez, it must be pretty bad when I have the feeling that I "don't get out much"... off and online. D:>

Yay~ I think the Mew in the first row and the Nidoran M in the last row are my favorites of them all, as they're some of my most favorite cards- me and that Mew go way back, I wanted one ever since I saw the scan of the Japanese one in a magazine, when I was a wee tot... but uh, yeah. I'll use one when I figure out which one I like the best.~

Hm, Black Jack. That actually rings a bell (and not just because it's like a generic card game or whatever- or is almost Jack Black, one of my favorite actors)... hmmmm. *shuffles away to look this up* edit: Oh, it's by Osamu Tezuka, huh? I should've figured from the style. I've probably spotted it at the bookstore before.

C: yeah I'm always looking to improves my style~ I've been practicing making my men less girly and more manly lately... C: This is a few weeks old, but I quite like how his muscle structure turned out... His face sucks but I was mainly trying to the body. x3; Any tips? Tips for the face would be cool too, but I'm mainly working on the bodies. *nodnod*

Back
Top Bottom