• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What national holiday is on your birthday?

Um, lets see...

The only holidays worth mentioning on October 28 are International Animation Day (Derp.) and in Japan there's Prefectural Earthquake Disaster Prevention Day. So much Derp.

I got Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor's Porch Night.
What.
The.
Fuck?

Well, we are in Insanity, so Fair game, I guess.

National Blonde Brownie day of something like that.
Hey, I'm blonde.
GIMME BROWNIES FOR MY NEXT BIRTHDAY Y'ALLZ

not sure, i just know that i share my birthday with survivor god james "j.t." thomas, jr. which may as well be a holiday

and that kid was a fucking boss so i'm pretty satisfied

Lost sock... Memorial Day????
Umm.... Okay, I guess...
National Receptionist Day- the second Wednesday in May
National Train Day- date varies
School Nurses Day- the Wednesday during Nurse's Week
What are these I don't even...

So, for something relevant though: Mother's Day. I was even born on Mother's Day! YAY! :D

October 20:
National Brandied Fruit Day
Miss American Rose Day
Third Tuesday in October(the day I was born):
National Face Your Fears Day

Huh. Sadly, the one that's celebrated on the third Tuesday was supposedly not around the year I was born... Not sure about the others either. But the first two are on my Birthday, at least, even if they weren't when I was born. *shrugs*

June 14th is so many things!
Threee Christian feasts, National Women's Day in Iraq, Flag Day, Freedom Day AND Liberation Day (three? Surprising! Guess I get to be some sort of badass rebel...) Day of Mourning, Hope, and Commemoration (who dies giving hope to others through commemoration?) World Blood Donor Day (ah, my cause of death. I gave too much blood, giving hope and commemoration to those who need blood and praise, whilst rebelling against the vampires who made the people need blood in the first place. A worthy death).

National Pig Day, according to a different site. The original one that was linked to appears to be dead.

Groundhog's Eve

Huh, National Serpent Day. I wonder who comes up with these things or better yet celebrates them?

300px-Candy-Corn.jpg

Candy Corn! Wiki tells me it's a US/Canada thing. It's my favourite Halloween candy. I ate 1.6 kg of it in like 3 days this year. :D

Candy corn is incredibly delicious and incredibly disgusting at the same time. That's basically all you need to know. It's probably pure sugar and preservatives.

Obviously, they are made from finely-ground troll horns, liquified and then solidified into its end shape (but not before bucketloads of sugar is diluted into it)

I am learning so much! I had a similar experience with... I think they were called Redvines(?) when I was in the US last year. My friend who was studying out there got addicted to them and gave me some to try and they were horrible and clearly made of 99% corn syrup or something but also strangely compelling. I also had my mind blown by cornbread; It looks like cake but it's savoury. Witchcraft.
And American 'biscuits' were pretty crazy, especially when we saw signs for them being served with things like chicken and gravy :p

...Redvines are essentially red licorice, as they would have it called. I prefer it to regular licorice. Depending on how moist cornbread is it can be good or bad. Too dry and not sweet enough, and it ends up being disgusting.

'Biscuits' over there refers to cookies, am I right? Did you get any american ones? On that subject, where did you visit?

Back
Top Bottom