• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What's your timetable?

Minish

Pronoun
they
For school. :D Because, I remember there was a thread like this last year which is totally a good reason to bring it back! Plus I'm interested or something.

For me, it's:

Monday: free, English, English, Comms, Comms
Tuesday: Sociology, Sociology, free, free, free
Wednesday: Comms, Comms, free, free, free
Thursday: free, free, free, English, English
Friday: PSE, free, free, Sociology, Sociology

Pretty cool. Comms being Communication & Culture Studies which is a ridiculously long title, and PSE being this pathetic 'subject' everyone's forced to do on a Friday morning in form for no particular reason.

Mondays suck. -_- Most of my friends have more frees for some reason, and I have to stay in all day. On a Monday. It's practically criminal.

Blue: Chemistry, Latin, Calculus, free
Gold: English, Speech, Pharmacy, Health Science

next semester is different somehow but I don't remember exactly... I lose my free period and I lose Speech, thank god.

University, but still. Haven't actually finalised subject choices (nor indeed moved in) yet, but probably something like this:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10-11 Biology of Cells, 11-12 Earth Sciences
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: 9-10 Mathematics, 11-12 Evolution & Behaviour

Add a liberal dose of practicals and supervisions and I'm set.

I was going to make this thread D:

Um, anyway, as it is (It still may change), it's:

Week 1:
Monday: French, Maths, Physics, Theatre Studies, Maths
Tuesday: Theatre Studies, Maths, Physics, Theatre Studies, General Studies
Wednesday: Physics, French, Free, Physics, Free, Free
Thursday: Theatre Studies, French, Theatre Studies, French, Physics
Friday: Free, French, Maths, Theatre Studies, Free

Week 2:
Monday: Physics, Maths, Theatre Studies, French, French
Tuesday: Maths, General Studies, Theatre Studies, Maths, French
Wednesday: Free, French, Theatre Studies, Physics, Maths
Thursday: Theatre Studies, Physics, Physics, French, Maths
Friday: Free, Free, Physics, Free, Free

Or, if you like, Here's a screenshot of it from the school's intranet with amendments added. I should probably explain the black scribbles - On Wednesdays, we have six periods rather than the usual five, but all the periods are ten minutes shorter. Otherwise, all empty spaces are frees.

Last edited:
Monday: Free, Assembly, Computing, Maths Mechanics, Physics
Tuesday: Pure Maths, Pure/Mechanics, Further Maths, Free, Free
Wednesday: Free, Further Maths, Free, Physics, Computing
Thursday: Computing, Further Maths, Further Maths, Pure Maths, Physics
Friday: Physics, Free, Computing, Free, Free

I really want to drop Computing since the lessons are incredibly boring and I know most of it already but my parents are forcing me to continue with it :(

Lesson 2 on Thursday alternates every week.

University, but still. Haven't actually finalised subject choices (nor indeed moved in) yet, but probably something like this:

You're going to Cambridge aren't you? Which college?

Last edited:
MONDAY
Painting/Color Theory | 12:30 - 3:20
Drawing I | 3:30 - 6:20

TUESDAY
Writing and the Arts | 12:30 - 1:50
Art/Design Culture I | 3:30 - 4:50

WEDNESDAY
Design | 8:00 - 10:50
Painting/Color Theory | 12:30 - 3:20
Drawing I | 3:30 - 6:20

THURSDAY
Writing and the Arts | 12:30 - 1:50
Art/Design Culture I | 3:30 - 4:50

FRIDAY
Design | 8:00 - 10:50

Wednesday is just a terrible day to be alive. Especially since I end up having to carry this heavy-ass drawing board all the way to the very edge of the campus for Painting because there's not enough time to go back to my room to go get it between classes before Drawing. And then I have to haul it all the way back across campus for the class I actually need it for. :c

All of my classes are cool though. So far in Painting we're just doing little color theory assignments where we put colors together in Illustrator and see how they work. Drawing class consists of the professor setting up a still-life, us drawing, then getting up and moving halfway through class and drawing it again. And then maybe a third time. Design's had the most fun assignments so far, but at the same time it involves a lot of cutting and gluing and I hate cutting and gluing. But it's still cool because while we work the professor projects YouTube videos of, like, autotuned Carl Sagan or something completely irrelevant like that. Or weird avant-garde art movies.

Writing is mostly fun because the teacher goes off on lots of profanity-filled rants about pretty much everything. Art history is my "eh whatever" class. It's not boring, but it's not very hands-on either.

my high school operates such that the majority of classes occur on an every-other-day basis. they call them a-days and b-days. on a-days my schedule is: ap psychology, symphonic band, ap us history, and honors chemistry. on b-days my schedule is: ap english, debate I, wind ensemble (yes I take two band classes 8DDDD it is awesome so far) and honors chemistry. next semester honors chemistry will change to honors physics.

my lunch period is also different depending on the day. on a-days it's roughly 11:40-12:10 and on b-days it's roughly 10:35 to 11:05.

Monday, Wedsday, Friday: English, Gym, US History, UNI LIT*, Algerbra, 7th PERIOD LUNCH, Technology**, Science

Tuesday, Thursday: English, Band, US History, UNI LIT**, Algerbra, 7th PERIOD LUNCH, Tech**, Science.

*: UNI LIT is an advanced Literature class on a supposed 'University Level'
**: Technology is a robotics class, though in a few weeks get replaced by Home Ec when my course is over.

Classes separated by a slash are on even-numbered and odd-numbered weeks, respectively.

MONDAY: Chemistry, Mandarin, Maths, Religious Studies, Swedish, Psychology.

TUESDAY: Physics, more Physics, Ecology, Maths.

WEDNESDAY: International Relations and International History of Art and Music and International History of the Sciences and Humanities, Maths, Chemistry/Religious Studies, Ecology.

THURSDAY: Maths, Mandarin, English, Ecology/Chemistry, Physics.

FRIDAY: English, Social Sciences, Maths, International Relations and International History of Art and Music and International History of the Sciences and Humanities, Physics, Social Sciences/Swedish.

Mine's probably gonna change next Thursday, but right now;

Monday: Maths, English, Double PE, Religion, Double Music, Irish Spanish

Tuesday: English, Irish, Chemistry, Double IT, Maths, Spanish, Double History

Wednesday: Religion, Spanish, Double Music, English, Links, Maths, Irish, Guidance

Thursday: Maths, Double Irish, Double History, English, Double Chemistry, Music

Friday: History, Double Spanish, Links, English, Double Chemistry, Double Maths

Back in my day, we just called these schedules, and by gum, we liked it!
But I'm at university now, so things are different.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I have Music Theory, Intro to CompSci, and a writing class about pirates, which effectively go from 11 AM to 4:30 PM, with time for a modest lunch and a trip back to the dorm to switch books in between.
Thursday, I have CompSci lab from 2 to 4. It seems to tend to go over, though.
In theory, I have the rest of the week free. But in theory, everything runs like clockwork and there are never any hidden variables in life.
So if I'm on track, I'm usually doing homework.

Lol I'm taking a crapload of AP classes.

Per. 1: AP European History
Per. 2: AP Physics C: Mechanics
Per. 3: AP Environmental Science
Per. 4: AP Spanish

T_T I'm still in high school so I can't take fun classes

Lets see:

Monday: English; RAS; Music; Modern History; Legal Studies
Tuesday: Music; RAS; Maths A; Break; Maths A; Break; Drama
Wednesday: Legal Studies; RAS; Parade; Modern History; English
Thursday: Drama; RAS; English; Maths A; Break; Music
Friday: Modern History; RAS; Legal Studies; Drama; Maths A

Maths B was too much of a chore last year, so I changed to good ol' Maths A. RAS is ... some sort of debriefing thing, where they get students of every year level, put 'em in a room and ... yeah, it's weird.

Here in American high school, all our days of the week are the same except for things like Leafpool's case :P We used to have those in sixth grade.

So:

1. Marching Band
2. English 10
3. Anthropology
4. Spanish II
5. Geometry
6. World Geography
7. Physical and Earth Science

I'm a freshman, in case there's any confusion.

The only major are that marching band switches to concert band (after marching band season ends) and I switch out anthropology for health.

Blue Days: Chemistry, AlgebraII, Sociology, Multicultural Lit.
White Days: Astronomy, AlgebraII, Intro to Culinary Arts, American Government.

Next semester just switch AlgebraII for AlgebraIII and American Government for Economics.

1: Social Studies 10 =/
2: Planning/PE 10 (They alternate days. Planning looks like it'll be boring, but PE at my school is HELL. I'm not kidding.)
3. English (With stupid unspecific teacher from last year who I hate D:)
4: Foundations and Pre-Calculus Mathematics 10 Honours (Dumb new math system with long names but is essentially the same)

And next semester I keep Planning/Pe (D:) and get Science 10, French 10 and Drama 10. I look forward to the easiest semester I'll ever have. =D

monday: creativity and writing
tuesday: what is knowledge?
wednesday: arthurian legends and myths
thursday: literature and social change

it's strange doing humanities at uni. there's so much more information to take in, and yet so much less work to do.

Monday, Tuesday, & Friday: Band, English (honors), Geometry (honors), Science, Gym, Lunch, Study, and Economics.
Wednesday: Band, Geometry, Gym/Lunch, Study
Thursday: English, Science, Lunch, Economics

Green and gold days for me switch every day.

Green: Honors Algebra 2, Digital Communications Tools, Gym, Lunch, Spanish
Gold: Honors English 9, Choir, Honors Biology, Lunch, Honors World History

Back
Top Bottom