• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open When the Worlds Need Us

Moonwing looked a little flattered by this, but she was used to it by now; anything that had managed to see her in her world would react similarly. She nodded her head in acknowledgement. "Thank you," she replied, looking around as she stepped a little closer, since they definitely didn't seem threatening now. If a compliment from an insect was the first thing with which she was approached, things couldn't be too bad. She looked around at all of those who had gathered; she could see many humans and various human-like things, but at first glance she couldn't see anything inhuman other than the insect and herself. As she glanced around with emerald eyes, she did notice a few things that looked familiar. The first one -- or ones -- were three creatures standing by one of the humans: one was basically a wisp of something (smoke?) with many mouths, another was a very tall bipedal chicken, and the final one was an indigo ball of fire. She should be wary around these ones; they might have known what she was.

The last thing that looked familiar was a human with a bushy black hairdo. He triggered some sort of -- what was it? As soon as she grasped the feeling, she lost it, and looked up at the sky in thought.

"No problem!" he said back, cheesy grin splayed across his face. He stayed behind her as she took a step forward, looking at the batlike wings folded against her back. He glaced over his shoulder at his tiny constantly-buzzing ones. Didn't some human say that a bee shouldn't be able to fly because their wings couldn't support such a fat little body? How rude! He wasn't fat! He just had baby chub.

Then a thought occured to him; what was this meeting for anyways? He remembered hearing that something bad was happening from Vector, so he volunteered to join in with whatever was stopping the certain bad something. But he didn't even know how to stop whatever it was, much less what it was itself. Flying back to the dragon, he asked, "Hey, do you know why we're here in the first place?"

((What... just... happened?

Also, MG, when should we make an intro post for the antagonists?))

Ravage reacted with surprise when one of the things spoke back to him in Cybertronian. He looked back at Bonecrusher, who simply shook his head. With that cue, Ravage began to cycle through several languages until he reached one that matched the main one being used.

"It seems that you are the only one that would understand our language," he said in perfect English. "For the sake of our companions I will speak in this common language. I am Ravage, and the big guy behind me is known as Bonecrusher."

Not long after that, one of the others mentioned a device that lay right below them, and how it could bring the apocalypse. Ravage turned once again to Bonecrusher, who once again shook his head.

"If I might interrupt... do we know of any locations of the pieces for the machine? And if so, is it truly necessary to completely destroy the parts?"

After several minutes passed Arctus thought that Lazarus could handle it himself so he looked around, on the ground a few feet back from his tree branch a reptile with bat like wings sat gazing at the sky. The being that had poked him as he moved down the tree was buzzing around it. On the horizon a black cloud had formed similar to the ones on his homeworld, 'Strange' he thought, he would need to be sure to evade that storm.

((This won't be the only time I lag behind a bit, I'm sure.))

After hearing Lazarus' speech, Tokomon hopped down from his perch atop DORUmon's head and bounced his way in front of him. From the grim look on his face, DORUmon guessed that he had been unnerved by the atmosphere, even if he didn't fully understand what it meant. "Mon...?"

"It's okay, Tokomon. I'll protect you." We can get through this, right? This isn't the first time the world has been threatened...

3 pages in? And only since YESTERDAY *Faints*

Anywho, my post, viola

Cecill dashed across the plains, his AV-21 Landspeeder roaring across the flats at around 70 kliks an hour. A tall blur of green shot by. Cecill slammed the brakes, causing his helmet to fall onto the floor, and spun the landspeeder around. Slowly this time, he drove over to the tree. This is the place? Seems quaint. Cecill hopped out of the speeder, retrieved his helmet and put it under his arm, and locked the vehicle, activating a small force-field that prevented entry. He quickly drew his pistol and advanced towards the tree. "Cecill Sunhawker. Sergeant Major of the Rebel Alliance slash Bounty Hunter. Now, which one of you called me out of my vacation?" He asked first in Rodian, then again in Basic. "And do any of you speak Rodian?"

Last edited:
Pyro glanced once at the anchor, then the Scout, then back at the anchor. It lowered the shotgun from the scout's head and swapped it for the Flamethrower. While it might be considered not pulling back any weapons it was all the Pyro had. It took one more look at the Scout before setting off on a somewhat odd speech about... who knows what. "Huddahudda mphammmmpha! Huddahudda mphahudda mpha hud! HUD! DA! HUDDA HUDDA HUDDA MPHA HUDDA HUDDA DA HUD DA HUD! HUDDA!"

Flandre listened to the man speak, only half-absorbing his words. Still,they sounded awful scary, so she found herself filling with a slight dread...

Until she heard muffled yelling from behind her.

It came from something she hadn't seen before. It looked like a person, but instead of a normal head there was just a weird black mask.

"HEY!" she yelled at him, "Can you talk normal? You look like a person and my sister always said that I need good a-nun-see-ation!" She flew over to the weird man and tugged on the end of his flamethrower.

X and Zero blinked at the Pyro's outburst.

"Maybe that was an explanation?" X offered. Zero shook his head.

"No, I'm pretty sure it's the beginning of an argument," he said.

((Don't worry Exo, we will be introducing the antagonists, but it won't be until I get the story rolling))

Lazarus lowered his weapon, and in fact, threw the anchor back to the sack, causing the skeletal hand to panic a bit as it caught the anchor, and made an angry gesture in Lazarus' general direction before stuffing it into the sack again.

"Like it or not, everyone here is your ally now"

Lazarus reached into his pocket, and took out two small cogs. They were red in colour, as if they had rusted, but the metal was smooth, indicating that this were their natural colour.

"These are two parts of the machine which I have found on my journey. As you can see, these are identical, which could mean two things. Either, the machine needs several identical parts to work, or that there is several copies of all parts. Either case makes this mission a lot more complex than it should be."

He gave the cogs to the skeletal hand in the sack, which once again dug it's way into the sack.

"In addition, whatever material they are made of, those cogs are surprisingly sturdy. I've tried destroying them myself, but to no avail. So for now I'll be storing them until I can find a way to dispose of them."

"The first thing we should do is to decide where we should begin our search. Obviously, a familiar world is the best choice."

Gohan was listening to the man who had just broken up a fight. Gohan hadn't thought of where they were to start. Gohan supposed the smallest world should be their starting point. "Who's world is the smallest?" He yelled to the crowd.

Charmy had no idea how small Mobius was, but he knew it was the same size as Earth. Would they count that as small?

"Do you think that Earth would be small compared to all of your guys'? 'Cause I'm from a planet the same size, except it's got robots and bad guys, so if we do go there we better watch out!" the young Bee said, though it wouldn't have surprised him if no one payed any attention.

((Good job MG. Now I'm picturing a skeleton hand in a bag flipping you off))

"HUDDA!" the Pyro yelled as the girl tugged his flamethrower.

When Pyro heard Lazarus speak, an idea popped into the flame filled mind. 2fort is really small. And Identical on each side. "HUDDA!! MPHA MPHA HUDDA!" he((refering to Pyro as a male because writing it is killing me.)) shouted as he waved his arm and jumped up and down. He grabbed scout's shirt and said "Mpha tu ferd mpha rell!"

((Now Pyro has somewhat understandable speech just for your sakes. But man dod I love him going Hudda Hudda Huddahudda hud. da. hud. dahudda hudda dahud.))

Gohan walked over to the man with the anchor. "I'm sorry, but did you happen to understand any of that? Maybe the other guy who was about to fight knows?" he said, gesturing to the guy with the bat.

Time to choose worlds, huh? Maybe going to my world would knock that stupid boy down a bit. We have much higher definitions of power... Clara smirked, imagining the confident and silly human male being torched by magmar.

"What about my world? Though, I'm not sure about how those who specialize in weaponry will fare, as we pokemon have strong powers. It could also be dangerous..." Clara trailed off, smiling at Scout, and mouthing, 'Can you handle it?'

Cecill slowly lowered his weapon when he realised noone had replied. He stepped forwards in time to see a guy with a red costume and a gasmask grab some kid's shirt and shout "Mpha tu ferd mpha rell!" Immediatly, Cecill wished he had bought his AT-XT and Battle Droid. He decided to try again, this time with a guy who promptly threw a huge anchor one handed as it it was a baseball. "Hey! You called me?" He said to the man, not bothering to introduce himself.

Zero already knew his own world was to large, even though compared to something like Earth it is small, the Pokemon world was still vast in itself and it took a long time to go between certain places.

Hmmm...judging by how excited the gas-mask thing seems, I think we have a winner. "Guys, that guy with the gas-mask looks like he's on to something, does ANYONE understand him?"

Moonwing sighed as her tail lashed back and forth; with all of the confusion, this would surely be hard. She looked up at the person who had suggested going to a different world, and showed them two gear-type things that were painted red. Her wings twitched in thought; Green Bays was a rather small region, but she had no idea how big the world from which she had come was in actuality. The cerulean-colored dragon was looking around at others to find out if they had ideas, but no one spoke up -- until one other human did. Apparently, the "guy with the gas mask" had an idea, the human was saying. Moonwing looked towards him, standing up on her clawed toes.

"Huh?" He span around, looking at Gasmask Guy again. He quickly put his helmet in front of his face and hit a button on the inside rim. "Record Archives accessed." The device said. He hit fastforward to save himself from the hour long AV-21 drive, then hit play when Gasmask started speaking. "Mpha tu ferd mpha rell!" Cecill quickly hit pause. "Sound record for last five seconds" The screen went white and then showed two frequency bars. "Check sound for all languages" Nothing came up for about a minute, then a result, not on all of it, but two words.
"Tu ferd = Two Fort" Said the machine. He put the helmet on his head and smiled.
"Anyone know were Two Fort is?"

"Umm... well, my homeland of Akaneia is a single continent.", Caeda said, "However, I've got this feeling there's a lot more continents around that in our world, not that we would really know. I'm sure it wouldn't be dangerous for any of us here, but I'd rather not lead us into the unknown."

"While the vastness of it increases the probability of one of these parts being located there, it is logistically unfeasible for a group of our size to search a galaxy without signifigant spacefaring capabilities.", KOS-MOS said, "However, the Vector Corporation is willing to extand aid in case such an operation is undertaken."

The masked man, who wore the very protective clothing, spoke, but his speech was muffled by all of his protective gear. KOS-MOS fed the sounds through her processing unit.

"... Deciphering... Two... Fort... small.", KOS-MOS came up with, "Unfortunately, I am unable to translate anymore of his speech. I gather that he is indicating a relatively small area where we can start our speech. Starting small sounds like the most logical course of action."

"Searching...", KOS-MOS looked through UMN databases to find this 'Two Fort' area, but their knowledge of extra-dimensional areas was obviously limited, "Location unknown. Suggest asking them about 'Two Fort'", she answered, indicating the red-clad man who had been shouting, and the blue-clad man he had just grabbed.

Back
Top Bottom