• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

Which is exactly what happened, though inadvertently- I gushed about my pseudo-boyfriend in an IRC I frequent, presumably leading someone to think I'm female
and the next thing I know people are referring to me as "her" and why does it feel so nice

The only trans character I can really think of too is Alexis Meade from Ugy Betty. At the time I didn't think that was one especially bad, but maybe I'm wrong?

As Seraph mentioned, Degrassi (whatever its flaws) tends to have a ton of queerage goin' on. Especially, the few episodes I've seen are the ones with Adam, a transgender boy who seems (as far is little old cis me can tell) to be quite a positive portrayal of the concept, in them. There's drama about it, i.e. 'my grandma doesn't know and my mom is pressuring me into being a girl again' and stuff like that, but I think drama is par for the course in that show, so. :\

In light of the news, for anyone who hasn't seen it, Prop 8 - The Musical.

jumps the topic back a little

Hi I've watched Sherlock and tbh the gay tease, as we're talking about it, feels a lot nicer than a lot of other shows because instead of 'lmao ur gay!!' it's 'oh look at you two perfect for each other let me just get the candles'

but I don't see john being gay at sherlock at all, not when he's too busy being sherlock's dad and sherlock is too busy being a fourteen-year-old masquerading as a grown man.

No Jawn and Sherlock are definitely a couple. They're an ace couple but Sherlock at least is in a relationship with Jawn whether Jawn realizes it or not.

This is my canon get out. >|

(Honestly though it happens a lot with ace people that one will latch onto a person and the other will not realize it because it is so similar to friendship. Jawn/Sherlock pretty much is an ace relationship. Although in my canon they are homoromantic asexuals, as VPLJ said, it can easily be a one-way relationship with Jawn not realizing it.)

Well, as for the House discussion, it's pretty clear throughout the show that we're not supposed to agree with House or sometimes even sympathize with him. For the most part, in the asexuality episode, I sympathized and agreed with Wilson. House just treats everything like a disease, and in this case it was, which is unfortunate.

I'd like to think of Susan and Carol from Friends and Jack and Karen from Will and Grace almost like Lucy from I Love Lucy. Sure, they didn't play characters that were very positive about their stereotype (LGBT+ People/Women) but they were on TV and paved the way for shows that had more positive LGBT+/Feminine roles.

As for a show that does amazingly with it's LGBT+ Characters, I'd like to point out Warehouse 13, featuring a bisexual female HG Wells, and a gay member of the team, Steve Jinks.

Ummmm, right now I have a girlfriend, so that's not very LGBT related...but I did get kissed on the neck by a boy a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Oh I completely forgot! White Collar has lesbians. Well, only one is a main character, but. She's pretty cool. The show itself isn't mind-blowing but it's good enough? And has lesbians, so. (Also Matt Bomer, who is awesome and gay irl.)

House did have that pregnancy episode where House spent most of it making fun of everyone who called the fetus a baby but then when he was doing the surgery to fix the fetus somehow suddenly its arm kind of touched him and there was a long meaningful shot of his eyes and then at the end of the episode he totally did think it was a baby!!1 So it really shouldn't have been beyond them to make an episode where House thinks asexuality is some kind of disease (which fits with his character so I'm not opposed to that part) but is then either proven wrong or at least completely fails to find evidence that they're sexual despite repeated attempts.

Did Wilson at least point out that even if these particular people weren't "really" asexual there are plenty of real asexuals out there?

House did have that pregnancy episode where House spent most of it making fun of everyone who called the fetus a baby but then when he was doing the surgery to fix the fetus somehow suddenly its arm kind of touched him and there was a long meaningful shot of his eyes and then at the end of the episode he totally did think it was a baby!!1 So it really shouldn't have been beyond them to make an episode where House thinks asexuality is some kind of disease (which fits with his character so I'm not opposed to that part) but is then either proven wrong or at least completely fails to find evidence that they're sexual despite repeated attempts.

Did Wilson at least point out that even if these particular people weren't "really" asexual there are plenty of real asexuals out there?

Wilson is really confused by it and starts researching it, and he does say that, 'It's an actual orientation.'.

I understand where people are coming from, but as an asexual trying to explain to my mother, (Who basically thinks it's 'the end of the world I will never have granbabies'), who watches that show it's her ONLY experience with asexuality. She actually said I should try to go to the doctor about it. She's so naive it makes me sad. But that's the first open time I've heard of an ACTUAL asexual couple, even though they weren't... it's really confusing.

Hello QUILTBAG, very real question here for everyone. Pubic hair or no pubic hair - which do you prefer on your sexual partner?

Hello QUILTBAG, very real question here for everyone. Pubic hair or no pubic hair - which do you prefer on your sexual partner?
bit of an odd question
for me i probably wouldn't care either way

i have a question i want to ask people too (the trans people in particular) but i will wait for more replies to this one first so i don't clog.

QUILTBAGs, I have a question.
It might sound a bit dumb, but. If you're planning on participating in the Day of Silence, does it still count if you're talking to your fiance via microphone?

QUILTBAGs, I have a question.
It might sound a bit dumb, but. If you're planning on participating in the Day of Silence, does it still count if you're talking to your fiance via microphone?

I believe it does, since the whole point is to be silent the entire day.

Re:pubic hair, I actually quite like pubic hair (and body hair in general) but if my boyfriend wanted to shave then I might whine but it's his body so I'd deal :v

Also I guess for Day of Silence you're not meant to talk all day but honestly it's to prove a point to non-queer people so if you're talking to your girlfriend alone in your room or something I think it's alright? I don't know.

Also in other news I've got a consult with a gender therapist on the 3rd of April and he works in a hospital with an endocrinology department so if I'm really lucky maybe he'll prescribe me hormones after seeing me a few times :Dc maybe. I'm a little nervous about seeing him even though I'm confident about my identity but I've heard horror stories about terrible doctors... also my mum still refuses to use my name and male pronouns because her therapists have told her not to and I can't imagine why except for the fact that they don't believe I'm trans, and I guess she doesn't either because she's not respecting my wishes?
We've talked about it and she says she does believe me but she wants confirmation from a therapist first before 'encouraging' me which means no she doesn't believe me at all.

Man, the unnerving grin of the pig in your av makes this random question look kinda creepy. :p

Also in other news I've got a consult with a gender therapist on the 3rd of April and he works in a hospital with an endocrinology department so if I'm really lucky maybe he'll prescribe me hormones after seeing me a few times :Dc maybe. I'm a little nervous about seeing him even though I'm confident about my identity but I've heard horror stories about terrible doctors... also my mum still refuses to use my name and male pronouns because her therapists have told her not to and I can't imagine why except for the fact that they don't believe I'm trans, and I guess she doesn't either because she's not respecting my wishes?
We've talked about it and she says she does believe me but she wants confirmation from a therapist first before 'encouraging' me which means no she doesn't believe me at all.
That's great! But I think you have to do that real-life test (where you live as your proper gender for at least a year) before you can get hormones? I dunno, I guess it varies by country, but that's how it went for me. Either way, good luck with your therapy, and just try and be really patient, it's definitely worth it in the end.

That's great! But I think you have to do that real-life test (where you live as your proper gender for at least a year) before you can get hormones? I dunno, I guess it varies by country, but that's how it went for me. Either way, good luck with your therapy, and just try and be really patient, it's definitely worth it in the end.

It's different wherever you are. It's more logical to assume that if you've known you're trans for over a year, you shouldn't have to go through that ridiculous 'real life experience'. (I don't support the whole year thing either way, honestly.)

It's different wherever you are. It's more logical to assume that if you've known you're trans for over a year, you shouldn't have to go through that ridiculous 'real life experience'. (I don't support the whole year thing either way, honestly.)
I don't support it either. I imagine it must be really horrible for people who don't "pass" too. I managed to pass and even then it was a nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom