• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Challenge Board

I feel like taking another battle, and though VM vs. Eta Carinae sounds really fun, I think I'll take Birdcrest vs Faorzia instead.

Man, I remember in the old league the list of to-be-reffed battles was so long. A testament to how great the revival has been, I guess.

Last edited:
I've gotten kind of obsessed with these, so...

Format: 3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned/Restricted Moves: Super Fang, Pain Split, direct healing, Chill
Arena Description:

Outside the Battle Arena

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier’s Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta’s rules… or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their Pokémon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per Pokémon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both Pokémon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted Pokémon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won’t add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points
If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

Stat boosts add one point per level boosted. Stat reductions subtract one point per level dropped.

I've gotten kind of obsessed with these, so...

Format: 3v3 single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned/Restricted Moves: Super Fang, Pain Split, direct healing, Chill
Arena Description:

Outside the Battle Arena

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier’s Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta’s rules… or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their Pokémon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per Pokémon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both Pokémon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted Pokémon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won’t add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points
If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

Stat boosts add one point per level boosted. Stat reductions subtract one point per level dropped.

Always wanted to try that out!

I kinda wanna try something that's been on my mind for a bit, and I haven't paid enough attention to see if it had been done before, but I'm gonna give it a shot. Since I haven't posted a challenge too often, let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Format:
4v4 Single
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Weather Changing, Healing, Chill

Arena Description:
The Everchanging Bio-Dome: Somewhere far off in the corners of Asber, there exists an experimental bio-dome of wonders. Scientists have been testing for decades to have a single bio-dome where the conditions of multiple ecosystems may exist and be interchanged simply by the preference of the operator. Wanting to test something new, a young scientist attempted to make the ecosystems within the dome change at regular intervals, in addition to at the preference of the operator. This proved to be a success, and new sensors were installed to change the ecosystem at regular intervals according to the time of day. Scientists noticed something strange once trainers started coming around and visiting the Bio-Dome with their Pokemon. The sensors, rather than picking up the time of day, began picking up on the Pokemon's typing, and using that for the environmental determination. Should two Pokemon enter the Dome that had differing types, the computer systems crashed in the Dome and it had to be closed for weeks. When it reopened, the Bio-Dome had been re branded to a battling stadium. Trainers, who carried Pokemon with the same typing, could come to the Dome and battle in the most extreme conditions the Pokemon type allowed.

Additional Rules:
The Everchanging Bio-Dome constantly changes the internal ecosystem if a Pokemon is knocked out. There are four ecosystems that will come into play over the course of the battle, listed below. While each ecosystem has a type restriction, dual-type Pokemon with the type are permitted. Each time one of the Pokemon is knocked out, both Pokemon are returned to their trainer and the ecosystem changes. For each ecosystem, the Pokemon must be able to handle the weather effects set.

1. Strawberry Fields Forever: A flat grassy field. This ecosystem exists in a permanent sunshine. In order to prevent any damage to the ecosystem, only Grass-type Pokemon are permitted in this ecosystem. Battlers will begin here.

2. Asleep in the Desert: A dusty and dry desert. This ecosystem exists in a permanent sandstorm. In order to prevent any damage to the ecosystem, only Ground-type Pokemon are permitted in this ecosystem. Trainers (and the ref) are loaned Go-Go Goggles for the duration of the battle in this ecosystem.

3. Ocean Avenue: A large span of ocean. This ecosystem exists in a permanent rain shower. In order to prevent any damage to the ecosystem, only Water-type (and bound) Pokemon are permitted in this ecosystem. With this battle taking place in the ocean, trainers (and the ref) are loaned suitable outfits and proper flotation gear.

4. Ain't No Mountain High Enough: The top of a snowy mountain. This ecosystem exists in a permanent hail storm. In order to prevent any damage to the ecosystem, only Ice-type Pokemon are permitted in this ecosystem. Trainers (and the ref) are loaned proper clothing suitable for the top of the mountain. Battlers will end here.

Last edited:
Fixed, thanks ZM. Failed to copy the modified version I had for it.

Open Challenge, based on an old arena created by JackPK

2v2 Single
DQ: 8 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, Chills limited to 3 per Pokemon
Arena: The Mystic Locus

This battle takes place in a mystical alternate dimension, with the swirling cosmos surrounding the battlers. Though there appears to be nothing physical in the arena, all trainers, referee, and terrestrial Pokemon stand on an invisible platform. Inherently flying or levitating Pokemon can float as if in regular air, and Pokemon restricted to water move through the Locus as if in liquid. Thus, no Pokemon are hindered in their movement. Material is formed as needed for attacks and Pokemon, so a water source for Surf, rocks for Rock Slide, etc. will appear out of the aether.

At the end of each round, the Locus will come alive and use a random move. It has access to all known Pokemon moves, but will not use one that is purely self-targetting. Special, Physical, status-inflicting, stat-dropping, and terrain-changing moves are all valid. If the move is a single target move, the target will be randomized. The Locus has no physical form, with the attacks it uses appearing seemingly out of nowhere, and therefore can not be attacked back.

Additional Rules: NFEs only, please

Open Challenge, based on an old arena created by JackPK

2v2 Single
DQ: 8 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing, Chills limited to 3 per Pokemon
Arena: The Mystic Locus

This battle takes place in a mystical alternate dimension, with the swirling cosmos surrounding the battlers. Though there appears to be nothing physical in the arena, all trainers, referee, and terrestrial Pokemon stand on an invisible platform. Inherently flying or levitating Pokemon can float as if in regular air, and Pokemon restricted to water move through the Locus as if in liquid. Thus, no Pokemon are hindered in their movement. Material is formed as needed for attacks and Pokemon, so a water source for Surf, rocks for Rock Slide, etc. will appear out of the aether.

At the end of each round, the Locus will come alive and use a random move. It has access to all known Pokemon moves, but will not use one that is purely self-targetting. Special, Physical, status-inflicting, stat-dropping, and terrain-changing moves are all valid. If the move is a single target move, the target will be randomized. The Locus has no physical form, with the attacks it uses appearing seemingly out of nowhere, and therefore can not be attacked back.

Additional Rules: NFEs only, please

I'll battle!

TruetoCheese, we've waited since february for this battle...

Format:2v2 Single
Style:Set
DQ:7 days
Damage Cap:35%
Banned/Restricted Moves:OHKO and Direct Healing
Arena Description: A giant slice of swiss cheese in the Mystery Zone.

Welp, you really did it now. You were trying to tweak in DP, since you didn't get the event Shaymin and Darkrai, and you accidentally saved in the Mystery Zone. For comedic effect, Palkia decided to create a slice of Swiss Cheese for us to land on. We're going to be stuck here for a while, so why not have a battle?

Each action, there is a 30% chance your Pokemon will fall in a swiss cheese hole; it will attack last that action, since it has to wriggle out of the hole. If a move creates a hole underneath it and the Pokemon has already acted that action, it gets out as normal for the next action. If both fall into a hole, speed takes priority. There is no water for Surf, and if you Dig you risk losing your Pokemon to the mystery zone completly; Pokemon Abuse laws will prevent you from trying to Dig. I suppose you could make balls of cheese for Stone Edge and the like. You can't fall off the slice, Invisible Glitch Walls prevent you from doing so.

Edit, per proposal:

At any time you may command your pokemon to disguise themselves in cheese. They will take cheese and cover themselves in it. This creates a new hole near them. They become Cheese type and all their moves become Cheese type. Cheese type is as follows:

Type Chart: Normal, Fire, Water, Bug, Steel 2x effective against cheese
Electric, Fighting 1/2x effective against cheese
Poison, Psychic, Ghost 0x effective against cheese
Cheese 2x effective against Normal, Fairy, Psychic
1/2x effective against Fire
0x Effective against Rock, Steel

This increases their Evasion by 2 stages, because all that cheese everywhere, but lowers their Accuracy by one, because all that cheese everywhere is also in their eyes. This takes an entire action. This lasts about, oh, say 5 actions? This part's adjustable.

LET'S GO

Alright let's see how I do in my first battle...

Format: 4 vs 4, single
Style: Switch
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Chills 3/pokemon
Arena Description:Professor Oak's Training Field
While normally used to train baby pokemon in a safe environment, Professor Oak has moved on to a new location, and converted this place into a stadium. It is a 50' x 50' pen and surrounded by a wooden fence. These mark the boundaries of the arena. It has a few trees dotting the landscape and a large pond about 10' in diameter in a corner. This pond is deep enough for pokemon to swim and dive in.
Additional Rules: Only baby pokemon
Profile Link: http://asb.dragonflycave.com/trainers/169-ozzi9816

TruetoCheese, we've waited since february for this battle...

Format:2v2 Single
Style:Set
DQ:7 days
Damage Cap:35%
Banned/Restricted Moves:OHKO and Direct Healing
Arena Description: A giant slice of swiss cheese in the Mystery Zone.

Welp, you really did it now. You were trying to tweak in DP, since you didn't get the event Shaymin and Darkrai, and you accidentally saved in the Mystery Zone. For comedic effect, Palkia decided to create a slice of Swiss Cheese for us to land on. We're going to be stuck here for a while, so why not have a battle?

Each action, there is a 30% chance your Pokemon will fall in a swiss cheese hole; it will attack last that action, since it has to wriggle out of the hole. If a move creates a hole underneath it and the Pokemon has already acted that action, it gets out as normal for the next action. If both fall into a hole, speed takes priority. There is no water for Surf, and if you Dig you risk losing your Pokemon to the mystery zone completly; Pokemon Abuse laws will prevent you from trying to Dig. I suppose you could make balls of cheese for Stone Edge and the like. You can't fall off the slice, Invisible Glitch Walls prevent you from doing so.

Edit, per proposal:

At any time you may command your pokemon to disguise themselves in cheese. They will take cheese and cover themselves in it. This creates a new hole near them. They become Cheese type and all their moves become Cheese type. Cheese type is as follows:

Type Chart: Normal, Fire, Water, Bug, Steel 2x effective against cheese
Electric, Fighting 1/2x effective against cheese
Poison, Psychic, Ghost 0x effective against cheese
Cheese 2x effective against Normal, Fairy, Psychic
1/2x effective against Fire
0x Effective against Rock, Steel

This increases their Evasion by 2 stages, because all that cheese everywhere, but lowers their Accuracy by one, because all that cheese everywhere is also in their eyes. This takes an entire action. This lasts about, oh, say 5 actions? This part's adjustable.

LET'S GO

It is the cheesiest of formalities, but I accept!

Alright let's see how I do in my first battle...

Format: 4 vs 4, single
Style: Switch
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Chills 3/pokemon
Arena Description:Professor Oak's Training Field
While normally used to train baby pokemon in a safe environment, Professor Oak has moved on to a new location, and converted this place into a stadium. It is a 50' x 50' pen and surrounded by a wooden fence. These mark the boundaries of the arena. It has a few trees dotting the landscape and a large pond about 10' in diameter in a corner. This pond is deep enough for pokemon to swim and dive in.
Additional Rules: Only baby pokemon
Profile Link: http://asb.dragonflycave.com/trainers/169-ozzi9816
I'll take ya on! (if you don't mind)

I kinda wanna try something that's been on my mind for a bit, and I haven't paid enough attention to see if it had been done before, but I'm gonna give it a shot. Since I haven't posted a challenge too often, let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Format:
4v4 Single
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Weather Changing, Healing, Chill

Arena Description:
The Everchanging Bio-Dome: Somewhere far off in the corners of Asber, there exists an experimental bio-dome of wonders. Scientists have been testing for decades to have a single bio-dome where the conditions of multiple ecosystems may exist and be interchanged simply by the preference of the operator. Wanting to test something new, a young scientist attempted to make the ecosystems within the dome change at regular intervals, in addition to at the preference of the operator. This proved to be a success, and new sensors were installed to change the ecosystem at regular intervals according to the time of day. Scientists noticed something strange once trainers started coming around and visiting the Bio-Dome with their Pokemon. The sensors, rather than picking up the time of day, began picking up on the Pokemon's typing, and using that for the environmental determination. Should two Pokemon enter the Dome that had differing types, the computer systems crashed in the Dome and it had to be closed for weeks. When it reopened, the Bio-Dome had been re branded to a battling stadium. Trainers, who carried Pokemon with the same typing, could come to the Dome and battle in the most extreme conditions the Pokemon type allowed.

Additional Rules:
The Everchanging Bio-Dome constantly changes the internal ecosystem if a Pokemon is knocked out. There are four ecosystems that will come into play over the course of the battle, listed below. While each ecosystem has a type restriction, dual-type Pokemon with the type are permitted. Each time one of the Pokemon is knocked out, both Pokemon are returned to their trainer and the ecosystem changes. For each ecosystem, the Pokemon must be able to handle the weather effects set.

1. Strawberry Fields Forever: A flat grassy field. This ecosystem exists in a permanent sunshine. In order to prevent any damage to the ecosystem, only Grass-type Pokemon are permitted in this ecosystem. Battlers will begin here.

2. Asleep in the Desert: A dusty and dry desert. This ecosystem exists in a permanent sandstorm. In order to prevent any damage to the ecosystem, only Ground-type Pokemon are permitted in this ecosystem. Trainers (and the ref) are loaned Go-Go Goggles for the duration of the battle in this ecosystem.

3. Ocean Avenue: A large span of ocean. This ecosystem exists in a permanent rain shower. In order to prevent any damage to the ecosystem, only Water-type (and bound) Pokemon are permitted in this ecosystem. With this battle taking place in the ocean, trainers (and the ref) are loaned suitable outfits and proper flotation gear.

4. Ain't No Mountain High Enough: The top of a snowy mountain. This ecosystem exists in a permanent hail storm. In order to prevent any damage to the ecosystem, only Ice-type Pokemon are permitted in this ecosystem. Trainers (and the ref) are loaned proper clothing suitable for the top of the mountain. Battlers will end here.

I'll battle you!

My one question: Who wins the overall battle if each of us win two of the environment matches? I suggest that this be judged based on the overall health+energy totals of the surviving Pokemon, if that's alright with you.

I'll battle you!

My one question: Who wins the overall battle if each of us win two of the environment matches? I suggest that this be judged based on the overall health+energy totals of the surviving Pokemon, if that's alright with you.
Sounds reasonable enough! I had thought about who wins overall, but didn't actually put anything down. Works perfect.

A challenge!

Format: 3 vs. 3 Singles
DQ: 168 hours, 42 minutes, π + ei seconds
Banned moves: OHKOes, Attract, Endeavor, Super Fang, Direct Healing (Including Pain Split). Chills limited to 2 / pokémon.

Arena: The Berry Orchard

The Berry Orchard is a fairly simple arena. There's nothing really unusual in here; a lazy stream jogs across a grassy plain, with a sturdy wooden bridge granting passage from one side to the other. And berries, everywhere. Growing from the myriad of short trees and spiky bushes, scattered across the land by the winds, floating helplessly on the river, taken away by the modest current.

Any Pokémon may use an action and some energy to find a berry of their liking, with its effect kicking in as soon as they meet the conditions and / or are ordered to eat it. For example, a Liechi Berry may not be eaten if the user is above 33% health. A berry obtained this way does not use up an item slot, and may not be Recycled. The energy necessary to find a berry depends on its rarity, of course - the energy percentage amounts to the half the price of the berry, rounded up. All the berry information necessary is available in the database, but a few of them are left out. Their effects are as described below:

Bag_Figy_Berry_Sprite.png
Figy Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike spicy food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Wiki_Berry_Sprite.png
Wiki Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike dry food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Mago_Berry_Sprite.png
Mago Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike sweet food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Aguav_Berry_Sprite.png
Aguav Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike bitter food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Iapapa_Berry_Sprite.png
Iapapa Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike sour food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Razz_Berry_Sprite.png
Razz Berry: Raises Attack and Special Attack by one stage if the Pokémon likes spicy or dry food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Bluk_Berry_Sprite.png
Bluk Berry: Raises Special Attack and Speed by one stage if the Pokémon likes dry or sweet food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Nanab_Berry_Sprite.png
Nanab Berry: Raises Special Defense and Speed by one stage if the Pokémon likes bitter or sweet food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Wepear_Berry_Sprite.png
Wepear Berry: Raises Defense and Special Defense by one stage if the Pokémon likes sour or bitter food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Pinap_Berry_Sprite.png
Pinap Berry: Raises Attack and Defense by one stage if the Pokémon likes spicy or sour food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Pomeg_Berry_Sprite.png
Pomeg Berry: Deals 3% damage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Kelpsy_Berry_Sprite.png
Kelpsy Berry: Lowers Attack by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Qualot_Berry_Sprite.png
Qualot Berry: Lowers Defense by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Hondew_Berry_Sprite.png
Hondew Berry: Lowers Special Attack by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Grepa_Berry_Sprite.png
Grepa Berry: Lowers Special Defense by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Tamato_Berry_Sprite.png
Tamato Berry: Lowers Speed by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Cornn_Berry_Sprite.png
Cornn Berry: A berry from an ancient era. Grants the move Ancient Power and boosts its base power to 90 for two rounds. Grants Fossil Pokémon (as well as Relicanth) a boost in nostalgia (chance of secondary effects happening) as they remember the good old times. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Magost_Berry_Sprite.png
Magost Berry: A Berry that is widely said to have a finely balanced flavor. Grants the ability Sweet Veil and the move Sweet Scent, also doubling its effect, for two rounds. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Rabuta_Berry_Sprite.png
Rabuta Berry: A rare variety that is overgrown with hair. Grants the abilities Fur Coat for two rounds, after which the hair will shed and cure the Pokémon from all status afflictions it may have as well as any affliction caused by something sticking on its body (String Shot, Leech Seed, etc.). Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Nomel_Berry_Sprite.png
Nomel Berry: Quite sour. Just one bite makes it impossible to taste for three days. Pokémon that like sour food will have all stats increase by one stage for two rounds. Pokémon that dislike sour food will have all stats decrease by one stage for two rounds. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Spelon_Berry_Sprite.png
Spelon Berry: So spicy is the Spelon Berry that, Fire type or not, Pokémon will try to breathe fire after eating a single one, effectively granting access to all fire-breathing moves for two rounds, but dealing 4% fire-type damage. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Pamtre_Berry_Sprite.png
Pamtre Berry: This Berry drifted from a faraway sea. It's filled with exotic flavors that grant otherworldly abilities, effectively granting the Pokémon's Hidden Ability for two rounds, or a random normal ability if it already has access to its Hidden Ability. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Watmel_Berry_Sprite.png
Watmel Berry: Very sweet, but mostly very hydrating. Quenches any thirst, and as such the user will behave as thus it is affected by rain for two rounds. No weather-changing move or ability can change this. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Durin_Berry_Sprite.png
Durin Berry: It is so bitter, no one has ever eaten it as is. Pokémon will rather use its spiky shell both for offense and protection, effectively granting access to the moves Needle Arm, Pin Missile, Spikes, Spiky Shield and Spike Cannon. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Belue_Berry_Sprite.png
Belue Berry: Eating this berry gives the Belues, which is considered a major status affliction for the purpose of moves and abilities. It does nothing in reality, apart from making Disarming Voice a 120 base power move, be it used by or against this Pokémon. It's because it does emotional damage. Takes 9% energy to find.

Every Pokémon particularly likes a flavour and dislikes another one, though neither flavour is known at the beginning of the battle. You'll have to guess depending on their reactions to berry eating. Eating berries they like increase friendship with their trainer, and eating berries they dislike decreases it.

Friendship is the mesure of a bond between a Pokémon and a trainer. The greater the bond, the greater the chances of breaking out of attraction and confusion, not be fully paralysed, secondary effects happening, etc. Mostly up to the ref.

But wait, there's more! A Pokémon berry-picking may pick up a Fawol Berry, which is disgusting and inflicts the poison status, as well as a one-stage drop in Defense, Special Defense and Speed. The chance of picking a Fawol Berry is equal to the energy cost required to find the berry you were looking for.

gosh why are my arenas so complicated all the time

Last edited:
A challenge!

A challenger!

Format: 3 vs. 3 Singles
DQ: 168 hours, 42 minutes, π + ei seconds
Banned moves: OHKOes, Attract, Endeavor, Super Fang, Direct Healing (Including Pain Split). Chills limited to 2 / pokémon.

Arena: The Berry Orchard

The Berry Orchard is a fairly simple arena. There's nothing really unusual in here; a lazy stream jogs across a grassy plain, with a sturdy wooden bridge granting passage from one side to the other. And berries, everywhere. Growing from the myriad of short trees and spiky bushes, scattered across the land by the winds, floating helplessly on the river, taken away by the modest current.

Any Pokémon may use an action and some energy to find a berry of their liking, with its effect kicking in as soon as they meet the conditions and / or are ordered to eat it. For example, a Liechi Berry may not be eaten if the user is above 33% health. A berry obtained this way does not use up an item slot, and may not be Recycled. The energy necessary to find a berry depends on its rarity, of course - the energy percentage amounts to the half the price of the berry, rounded up. All the berry information necessary is available in the database, but a few of them are left out. Their effects are as described below:

Bag_Figy_Berry_Sprite.png
Figy Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike spicy food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Wiki_Berry_Sprite.png
Wiki Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike dry food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Mago_Berry_Sprite.png
Mago Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike sweet food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Aguav_Berry_Sprite.png
Aguav Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike bitter food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Iapapa_Berry_Sprite.png
Iapapa Berry: Restores 15% health, but confuses Pokémon that dislike dry food instead. Takes 7% energy to find.

Bag_Razz_Berry_Sprite.png
Razz Berry: Raises Attack and Special Attack by one stage if the Pokémon likes spicy or dry food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Bluk_Berry_Sprite.png
Bluk Berry: Raises Special Attack and Speed by one stage if the Pokémon likes dry or sweet food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Nanab_Berry_Sprite.png
Nanab Berry: Raises Special Defense and Speed by one stage if the Pokémon likes bitter or sweet food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Wepear_Berry_Sprite.png
Wepear Berry: Raises Defense and Special Defense by one stage if the Pokémon likes sour or bitter food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Pinap_Berry_Sprite.png
Pinap Berry: Raises Attack and Defense by one stage if the Pokémon likes spicy or sour food. Takes 2% energy to find.

Bag_Pomeg_Berry_Sprite.png
Pomeg Berry: Deals 3% damage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Kelpsy_Berry_Sprite.png
Kelpsy Berry: Lowers Attack by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Qualot_Berry_Sprite.png
Qualot Berry: Lowers Defense by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Hondew_Berry_Sprite.png
Hondew Berry: Lowers Special Attack by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Grepa_Berry_Sprite.png
Grepa Berry: Lowers Special Defense by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Tamato_Berry_Sprite.png
Tamato Berry: Lowers Speed by one stage, but greatly increases friendship. Takes 3% energy to find.

Bag_Cornn_Berry_Sprite.png
Cornn Berry: A berry from an ancient era. Grants the move Ancient Power and boosts its base power to 90 for two rounds. Grants Fossil Pokémon (as well as Relicanth) a boost in nostalgia (chance of secondary effects happening) as they remember the good old times. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Magost_Berry_Sprite.png
Magost Berry: A Berry that is widely said to have a finely balanced flavor. Grants the ability Sweet Veil and the move Sweet Scent, also doubling its effect, for two rounds. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Rabuta_Berry_Sprite.png
Rabuta Berry: A rare variety that is overgrown with hair. Grants the abilities Fur Coat for two rounds, after which the hair will shed and cure the Pokémon from all status afflictions it may have as well as any affliction caused by something sticking on its body (String Shot, Leech Seed, etc.). Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Nomel_Berry_Sprite.png
Nomel Berry: Quite sour. Just one bite makes it impossible to taste for three days. Pokémon that like sour food will have all stats increase by one stage for two rounds. Pokémon that dislike sour food will have all stats decrease by one stage for two rounds. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Spelon_Berry_Sprite.png
Spelon Berry: So spicy is the Spelon Berry that, Fire type or not, Pokémon will try to breathe fire after eating a single one, effectively granting access to all fire-breathing moves for two rounds, but dealing 4% fire-type damage. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Pamtre_Berry_Sprite.png
Pamtre Berry: This Berry drifted from a faraway sea. It's filled with exotic flavors that grant otherworldly abilities, effectively granting the Pokémon's Hidden Ability for two rounds, or a random random ability if it already has access to its Hidden Ability. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Watmel_Berry_Sprite.png
Watmel Berry: Very sweet, but mostly very hydrating. Quenches any thirst, and as such the user will behave as thus it is affected by rain for two rounds. No weather-changing move or ability can change this. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Durin_Berry_Sprite.png
Durin Berry: It is so bitter, no one has ever eaten it as is. Pokémon will rather use its spiky shell both for offense and protection, effectively granting access to the moves Needle Arm, Pin Missile, Spikes, Spiky Shield and Spike Cannon. Takes 9% energy to find.

Bag_Belue_Berry_Sprite.png
Belue Berry: Eating this berry gives the Belues, which is considered a major status affliction for the purpose of moves and abilities. It does nothing in reality, apart from making Disarming Voice a 120 base power move, be it used by or against this Pokémon. It's because it does emotional damage. Takes 9% energy to find.

Every Pokémon particularly likes a flavour and dislikes another one, though neither flavour is known at the beginning of the battle. You'll have to guess depending on their reactions to berry eating. Eating berries they like increase friendship with their trainer, and eating berries they dislike decreases it.

Friendship is the mesure of a bond between a Pokémon and a trainer. The greater the bond, the greater the chances of breaking out of attraction and confusion, not be fully paralysed, secondary effects happening, etc. Mostly up to the ref.

But wait, there's more! A Pokémon berry-picking may pick up a Fawol Berry, which is disgusting and inflicts the poison status, as well as a one-stage drop in Defense, Special Defense and Speed. The chance of picking a Fawol Berry is equal to the energy cost required to find the berry you were looking for.

gosh why are my arenas so complicated all the time

I have an extra slot open so wynaut! You're on!

Back
Top Bottom