• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Murkrow
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• That's fair, but hopefully you'll get the ropes soon enough. The best way to learn things is to just start doing them and have people walk you through if you get stuck! Of course if you go nuts with your experimenting or something your job performance might suffer, but. Hopefully you'll get the hang of it.

America's pretty strange about tipping, but I think for the grocery store baggers it does make a little bit of sense. Baggers aren't really necessary (I bag my own stuff whenever I go), so the grocery store doesn't want to really shell out a salary for all of them. I always thought of it kind of like symbiosis.

Heheh, yeah, fair enough. I might ask if it comes up in IRC, though.
    Pft. I'm sure it'll be all right, at any rate. And if not, can your coworkers give you a few pointers?

Well, the only job that I'm certain is available to me at the moment is being a bagger at the grocery store, which is only for tips and probably isn't worth it. Aside from that, I may or may not be swamped with schoolwork soon so making a big commitment like that before I know how much time I'll have seems problematic.

Huh, that's weird. I assumed it was because the infraction expired or something but that probably wouldn't make sense either. Maybe a mod knows, I'll have to ask.
    Oh, that's definitely good! What are you doing, specifically? (I'm yet to have a job. I was going to work in fast-food or something but ??? I'm fifteen why do I need money.)

Yeah, that's what it looks like. I think it was just a total shitpost so I got rid of it after it was infracted or something. It doesn't look like it was from uv, though! Also I have an infraction that says "Private," do you have any idea what that is.
    It doesn't sound particularly interesting, but money is money! How has it been so far?

I can. I got mixed up because I have a few infractions that are marked as "N/A" for some reason, so I can't see where they were from, but uv's isn't like that.
    Oh, that's super cool! The graduation/job bit, I mean. What'd you get a job in? Also yeah, I know what you mean. I don't think that'll ever go away for me, either, but at least you occasionally find something you're good at...!

Hahaha, yeah. It kind of sounded like something that could've potentially happened around the time I first joined. I know uv infracted me for something back then, but I can't see what it was anymore.
    I think it spells dormancy that we're both bad at initiating. :p How have you been?
    Today's my birthday! :D not sure i wanna make thread about it, tho XD but i felt like telling a random person who's online about it! I'm actually pretty shy, tho.
    Hey Murkrow! Here's just a note that I took over e-reffing for this battle and it's your turn to command c:
    I saw your post about the messed up faces in the Sims, and I was just wondering, which game was this in? And if it was in ts2 and you deleted the family the in-game way, whatever neighborhood they were in was corrupted because Maxis didn't code it right and it shreds the data. (If you did this before the glitch happened it might be the cause of the messed up faces)

my curiosity is fueled by the fact I just bought ts2
    Reading books off a screen is kind of weird to me as well, and reading manga is even weirder, but I settled for it. I'm not positive where it stands now since I didn't see watermarks on yesterday's chapter, but in the past there was a manga website which reportedly had it for free legally! I can't... find it anywhere, though. I didn't plan on reading the manga originally either, but as you've probably heard, the anime is more of an exposition than anything else. It goes way deeper.
    Yeah, I'm hearing that reason a lot from Europeans. The anime was pretty good, I agree, but have you read the manga?
    It is! It's the only anime that I've finished so far but I love it. Did you like it?
    Heyo! It's your turn to command in your battle Vs. Sangfroidish, I'm mentioning it since the thread seems to have gone off the first page.

Cheers!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom